Convert amount in cell to words

hi
pls help me with the formula to convert amount in cell to words like it
shows sometimes on commercial invoices
thanks
raj

--
Raj Shah
Raj Shah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27505

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm

This Web Site has the function you request

once you have copied and pasted the code into a module, the formula
will be =WordNum(A1)  if your value is in A1

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534075

Raj, have a look here, http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Raj Shah" <Raj.Shah.26ibbm_1145442300.796@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Raj.Shah.26ibbm_1145442300.796@excelforum-nospam.com...

> hi
> pls help me with the formula to convert amount in cell to words like it
> shows sometimes on commercial invoices
> thanks
> raj
>

> --
> Raj Shah
> Raj Shah's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27505
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534075

many thanks
raj

Paul B Wrote:
> Raj, have a look here
> http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html
>
> --
> Paul B
> Always backup your data before trying something new
> Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit fro
> it
> Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
> Using Excel 2002 & 2003
>
> "Raj Shah" <Raj.Shah.26ibbm_1145442300.796@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot
> in
> message news:Raj.Shah.26ibbm_1145442300.796@excelforum-nospam.com...
> >
> > hi
> > pls help me with the formula to convert amount in cell to words lik
> it
> > shows sometimes on commercial invoices
> > thanks
> > raj
> >

> > --
> > Raj Shah

> > Raj Shah's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27505
> > View this thread

Raj Sha
Raj Shah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2750
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53407

Word could not load the e-mail envelope
Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. Trying to send email from within MS word It used to work, but now is broken. Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 Server: Exchange 2003 David Lewis wrote: > Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a > network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. > > Trying to send email from within MS word > It used to work, but now is broken. > Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 > Serve...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

copy does not work in word 2003

Sum amount if = 2 value's

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...