Conditional Formula?

Hi- I need help creating a formula that sums values in a list based on
the value in an adjacent cell. Please see attached screen shot.
Hopefully it explains what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

|Filename: excel help 3-10-06.gif                                   |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4442     |

rhovey
rhovey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32308
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521206

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sounds like you could use SUMPRODUCT or SUMIF to get what you want.

Say your cash/lease drop downs are in column A.  Where you want your
cash total you could use,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Cash"),--(B1:B100))

For lease

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Lease),--(B1:B100))

or

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"Cash",B1:B100)

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"Lease",B1:100)

Does that help?

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7571

HELP WITH FORMULA #15
I have 3 columns. C -I=J These columns are continuous and I keep adding amounts to cells in column C and deducting amounts from I column and need to end up with a total in column J. Could someone please help me with a formula that will continually give me a total to column J as I enter information into column C and deducting from column I. -- Thank you in advance for your assistance HankL =SUM(J1:J100) Adjust range of cells to your need....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Hank Laskin" wrote: > I have 3 columns. > C -I=J > These columns are continuous and I ...

Macro that deletes values with condition
Hi, I need a macro that deletes duplicates of numbers that appear an odd number of times and that deletes duplicates and the value duplicated an even number of times. Example: Original data A 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 Result: A 1 2 4 Values 1 and 2 must remain and only delete duplicates because they appear an odd number of times (3), 3 must be deleted because it appears an even number of times (2) and 4 appears because it has no duplicates. Hope this can be done! Thank you so much Hi Insert a heading in row 1 and try this macro: Sub aaa() Dim f As ...

CONDITION IN MACRO #2
This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002. I'm trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to SetValue. It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard" (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is [CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to [CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seem...

Using a formula to fill a field
I am ery new to Access and was wondering, is there anyway to make a field fill automaticaly with a formula? Like in excel for example if you have a fromula on a cell and the arguments change the cell changes. I have a table with a field of invoice amounts and then a table with account info, i want to know if there is a way for the account table (ie: Balance field) to update automaticaly when you add an invoice with that accountID. Access is a relational database. An Access table may look like a spreadsheet, but it is really just a "bucket o' data". No, you can't ad...

Formula needed 01-22-10
Hi I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! Krissy wrote: > Hi > I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and > for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the > same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Omit the "values to be summed". =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2...

more than 3 conditional formats #2
Is it possible to add more than 3 conditional formats to a particula cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, - -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi A No, you'd need a macro to do the formatting with >3 conditions. HTH. Best wishes Harald "abailey >" <<abailey.18da03@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:abailey.18da03@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to add more than 3 conditional formats to a particular > cell? > > Any help would be much appreciated. > > Thanks, > -A > > > --- > Me...

VBA to select formula cells OK -but want certain cells with ColorI
Using XL 2003 & 97 The following subroutine works. That said, how can I fine formula cells with a "!" in the cell. (In short, probably a cell formula referring to another sheet) With the following code I would like all formula cells set to colorindex 6 (yellow) but all formula cells with "!" set to a color index of 3 (red) I tried to use an If statement but to no avail. Sub SelectFormulaColor() Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ActiveWindow.Dis...

Count ifs
Hi I have a list of data shown below, in 2 cloumns. I want to do a count if to show the total people in each department and location i.e. COUNT the number of occurances of people in HEAD OFFICE and PRODUCTION and then the number of occurances of people in HEAD OFFICE and FINANCE and so on.... Many thanks Location Department Head Office Production Birmingham Sales London Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Sales Head Office Sales Head Office...

Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one
Hi, I made some search before, but too much information at the same time. So I post this question: In cell D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375) /1000000) In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2 : 669,754 I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change. Is there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the result in another one? Best regards Pierre In cell E2, will the formula "=D2" do it for you? Or is that too simplistic and I don'...

Conditional Format
Hi, I am creating a conditional format which is based on a value form another cell say: if value is less than: =If(r14=14,20,30) however can I set the cell to be relative rather than one cell? Thanks You should be able to copy the cell with the conditional formatting, then Paste>Special>Formats over all the cells you wouold like to have the conditional formatting. "MS Forum Newsgroup User" wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating a conditional format which is based on a value form another > cell say: > > if value is less...

Please help with Conditional Formatting
Hi all, I am trying to get a cell to change color when: D5 contains "/" in the form of for example: CM/F/CM or C/C I tried different variations of: Formula Is------------------$D$5= "*/*" but it does not work, any ideas? Thanks for nay help, Emilio Hi! Try this: Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("/",A1)) Biff >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I am trying to get a cell to change color when: > D5 contains "/" in the form of for example: > >CM/F/CM or C/C > >I tried different variations of: > >Formula Is...

what does it mean -- in formulas
what does this -- sign do in formulas -- Nawaz5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nawaz50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53714 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for a detailed explanation. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Nawaz50" <Nawaz50.26yzbm_1146219908.114@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Nawaz50.26yzbm_1146219908.114@excelforum-nosp...

Formula For Monthly Date
Hello, I have a worksheet that has products listed that are on sale at different times of the year. My question is what formula to use to get all Jan products,codes,prices etc on to new worksheet, Feb on another worksheet etc. Thanks Mare Use Autofilter. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Gary's Student "Mare" wrote: > Hello, > I have a worksheet that has products listed that are on sale at different > times of the year. My question is what formula to use to get all Jan > products,codes,prices etc on to new worksheet, Feb on another works...

formula question #7
Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should the formula be? Hi, Assuming that your data is in row 1, columns A,B,C, with C being the latest data, Try using conditional formatting in cell C1 with the "Formula Is" =IF(AND(C1<B1,B1<A1),1,0) HTH >-----Original Message----- >Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if >revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should >the formula be? >. > Formula only needs =AND(D1<C1,C1<B1,B1<A1) you don't need t...

Conditional Formatting VBA with formula to find string
Hi, Please can I get some help.... I need to create a conditional format VBA in Excel 2007 (because I have many conditions to include) and I don't know how to do it... The Action Required: If Product A appears in any text string in range($C$95:$C$300) then colour that cell RED, if Product B appears anywhere in a text string within range($C$95:$C$300) then colour that cell BLUE, if Product B appears anywhere in a text string within range($C$95:$C$300) then colour that cell GREEN, and so on through 41 products... Data - I have a list of about 41 Product names in range Z...

"IF" Formulae
I'm trying to create a formula causing one of three answers. The object being any one of 0, 1 or >1. I need 0 an >1 to answer "years" and 1 to answer "year". My efforts below. =IF(G8>1,"years","year")*IF(G8<1,"years") My problem is that I can't override the first false conclusion. Any suggestions? Seems to me that you really only have two options (1 or Not 1). Try this: =if(G8=1,"year","years") HTH, Elkar "Libby" wrote: > I'm trying to create a formula causing one of three ...

What formula to use?
I have a list of teams in column B. In a tab called Division I have 6 division names with the teams listed in their respective division. I want column C to enter the appropriate division name for the division the team is in. For example, I want column C to be labelled as AL EAST when column B has BOS in it. How do I do this? Thank you. =INDEX(Division!A:A,MATCH(B1,Division!B:B,0)) etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3100394C-BF57-470D-A218-BCA9C85D8D54@mi...

Formula help #12
Hi All, I'm trying to create a formula but can't work it out. We've decided that were going to class each month from the 20th to the 21st, rather than the 1st of the 1st. So 21/05/05 to 20/06/05 (dd/mm/yy) will all be classed as May, and from 21/06/05 it will be classed as June. I have a list of dates and would like a formula in the column next to it that will work out what month were classing the date in and put the month in an MMM format .i.e May So (dd/mm/yy) (mm) 21/05/05 May 22/05/05 May 20/06/05 May 21/06/05 June 30/06/05 June 21/07/05 Aug I should be able t...

Inserting space in between formulas
I put in a formula to combine a string of words with numbers and would like a space or dash to go in between. How do I do this? =A1 & " " & B1 or =A1 & " - " & B1 Where, A1 = First part of text (or numbers) B1 = Second part of text (or numbers) Substitute A1 / B1 with the relevant cells in your spreadsheet "Mary" wrote: > I put in a formula to combine a string of words with numbers and would like a > space or dash to go in between. How do I do this? Thanks, that worked great! Now I want to delete the column that references that...

Text and Formula in the Same Cell
Good Morning, Everyone - Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a cell that has text - "Vendo Name" - and I also want that cell to contain a formula (counta). I this possible? Thankx, C -- theboatdud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theboatdude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27525 Here's an example: ="Vendor Name: "&COUNTA(B:B) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Goo...

Logical formulas
I think I got this in the wrong Discussion group. I put it General Discussion before but I think it belongs here. Original Message below: I must admit. I am horrible at logical functions. I am trying to compose a formula that will return a value of "1" if number is greater than 1, less than 4, greater than 949, and less than 991. Here is what I have now but it is not working: =IF(AND(G7>0,G7<4,G7>949,G7<991),1,0) Any help would be awesome! -- -CRM Try this: =IF(OR(AND(G7>0,G7<4),AND(G7>949,G7<991)),1,0) Does that help? ------------------------...

Help with copying formula
Hi I run Excel 2K I have typed the following formulas in three consecutive cells. =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z10:Z12)+BP10 =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z13:Z15)+BP11 =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z16:Z18)+BP12 You will note that the Z colum ranges take in 3 cells each time. The problem is that when I drag or copy these formulas down the column I dont get the reltive ranges that I need. That is the next one down should read =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z19:Z21)+BP13 However I get =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z17:Z19)+BP13 How can I write the formula so that when I drag it down it maintai...

day of the week and date formula
Hello I am looking to write a formula that gives me the difference in hours between a logged date and time and a closed date and time eg -27/11/2009 09:23:26 and 30/11/2009 10:34:20. Once I have this I need to calculate the working hours used to resolve the issue. If the duration of the time includes a weekend, a saturday would equate to 4 hours working and a sunday would be 0 hours working time, a week day equates to 11.5 hours working. Any suggestions?? Thanks -- Sarah Hi, we need to know what hours during any day are considered working - ie, do all hours...

What is procedure to exit formula auditing mode?
Please advise. Thanks, Doug To remove the arrows ? <Alt> <T> <U> <A> Not really a shortcut though. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "W8" <W8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99B64142-8037-43F4-BDB1-AF7170EF54EC@microsoft.com... Please advise. Thanks, Doug Type Ctrl+` (Grave Accent) to toggle formula auditing mode on/off or go to Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing Mode. HTH |:&g...

array formula Excel 97 (Poker)
Cells A1:A7 each contain a random integer from 1 to 13, with possibl repetitions. I have been trying to create a single formula that will test, for cel A1, for the presence of each of the next lowest four numbers in th range A!:A7 So if A1 contains 9, I would like the formula to return 1 if and onl if 8,7,6,and 5 all occur in the range somewhere, and return otherwise. This is tantamount to testing whether seven cards contain a five car straight headed by the card in A1. I just can't get the right combination of array or sumproduct to d it. I just know ther must be one........... Bil...