Conditional Formatting Help

Howdy All,

I want to format CELLS B1 thru H1 to highlight light gray if A1 equals YES,
or highlight green if A1 equals STARTED.
I also want to be able to copy this down thru successive rows (i.e., if A2
equals YES, then B2 thru H2 highlight light gray).

Thanks,
Brian

0
treddderx (33)
11/15/2005 4:29:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select B1:Hxx.
And with the activecell on Row 1:

Format|conditional formatting:
formula is:  =$A1="YES"
select a nice format (using the patterns tab)

Click add
formula is: =$a$1="Started"
select a nice format

--

Dave Peterson
0

Exactly what I needed!

> Select B1:Hxx.
> And with the activecell on Row 1:
>
> Format|conditional formatting:
> formula is:  =$A1="YES"
> select a nice format (using the patterns tab)
>
> Click add
> formula is: =$a$1="Started"
> select a nice format
>

> Brian wrote:
>>
>> Howdy All,
>>
>> I want to format CELLS B1 thru H1 to highlight light gray if A1 equals
>> YES,
>> or highlight green if A1 equals STARTED.
>> I also want to be able to copy this down thru successive rows (i.e., if
>> A2
>> equals YES, then B2 thru H2 highlight light gray).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
treddderx (33)

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

how to select multiple text boxes in excel for formatting
I am trying to select multiple text boxes for formatting the font but seem unable to select all of them other than to click on each one individually. Is there an easy way to select all of the text boxes at once? To select multiple objects on the sheet -- Click on one object Hold the Ctrl key, and click on additional objects To select all the objects on the sheet -- Choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Commands tab...

Help: Budget doesn't load bills for entire year
Budget reports only show the bill from the month it was created August and forward. Since I just upgraded from Quicken, all of the bills were paid before this month. How can I make money realize that the budget should include these as well. ...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Help on percentages greater than 100
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have a fairly larger list of numbers that needs to be divided to get a percntage. Due to restrictions, accesses etc some of the numbers which were accurate at the time will result in a number greater that 100%. These values (%) will eventually end up on a graph and should not exceed 100%. A B C 1 88 89 =b1/a1 (101%) 2 88 88 =b2/b2 (100%) the ( ) above are the results. What I need is a way to show the numbers that are > 100% but limit th...

help
Hi, I'm trying to turn the warning message off when I use: Cells.Replace What:="Z Divisional Totals", Replacement:="Divisional Totals", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False Second part is: Is there a way to check either the column and rows filled to create border where is pointed to "APPLYBORDER". Your help would be much apprecated. r = Range("A10").End(xlDown).Row ApplyBorder Range("A10", "A" & r) ApplyBorder Range("B10", "B" & r) ApplyBorder Range("C10", "C&qu...

Conditional Formatting #27
I have a range of cells that I want to use conditional formatting on. I want the largest number in the range to be formatted or Highlighted or something like that. The conditions listed really don't seem to apply since the number may be different each time so I can't say for certain that the number WILL BE ....whatever. I just want to highlight the biggest number as compared to the rest in the range. Maybe i need to use a couple of different functions. Please let me know. Dave French Office XP Pro Select your range (say A1:C22) With A1 the activecell format|conditional form...

Conditinal Format Not Working
I am trying to get a field to turn red if the condition is "High" I tried using the conditional formatting and it does not work. I also tried using the below vba code and this does not work either. I tried it in the after update procedure and the on current procedure with no luck. Could this be an Access bug? Private Sub Critical_AfterUpdate() If Me.Critical = "High" Then Me.Critical.ForeColor = vbRed End If End Sub Dee, Is Critical a manually entered text control? Or a Combo... or a List? Is it bound to a text field? Details please... Yo...

Number Format Problem Prevents Proper Sorting
I have a long list of numbers that were exported from anothe application that I can't seem to format properly to sort in ascendin order. I have changed the format from General to Number and back wit no success. I'm sure that this is an easy fix, but I'm not seeing th answer. The third entry below (1103) should be toward the top of th list. Any ideas? 110272 110277 1103 110329 110338 11033 -- 65Stan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 65Stang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1500 View this threa...

Conditional formatting for groups
I have an Excel list where the first column identifies a group, like 1 1 1 3 4 4 6 6 6 Now I want to color the rows of the groups alternating for better readability. Group 1 (the rows starting with 1) - red Group 2 (the rows starting with 3) - blue Group 3 (the rows starting with 4) - red Group 4 (the rows starting with 6) - blue ....and so on The numbers in this list are not in sequence and have gaps. The number of rows belonging to a group differs from group to group. Any smart and experienced guy out there who can help? Requires a helper column... 1. Assuming your groups are in col. B, ...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Crime Analyst needs help...
I need an Excel macro to find clusters within a list of 6 figure eastin and northing co-ordinates. I can readily export a three column sprea sheet with the column headings: 'crime number' 'easting' 'northing' What I'm after is a Macro to produce additional columns with th headings: 'crimes within 10 metres' 'crimes within 50 metres' 'crimes within 100 metres' 'crimes within 1 kilometre' These can obviously be calculated from the easting and northin columns. I've had a go myself with no success. I've also looked on th web a...

Help with passing a string variable into a parameter
hello! here is my problem. I have built a dynamic string called @filepath as char50 i need to place it in: SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', @filePath, 'SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]') does any one know the correct syntax??? for passing a parameter here OPENROWSET does not accept variables as arguments. You have to use dynamic SQL to build your query (append the @filePath) and execute. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Mar 11, 1:25=A0pm, Plamen Ratchev <Pla...@SQLStudio.com> wrote: > OPENROWSET does not accept variab...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

clear historical quotes
I just upgraded to 2007 trial version (from 2003) and I find what appears to be an undocumented item, so I'm wondering what it does. I'm on the Portfolio Manager screen, and on the left side, I click on Other Tasks->More-> and there's a "Clear historical quotes" menu item. I don't find it documented in the help file, nor in the FAQ, nor on this newsgroup, yet. I'm wondering if anyone's been brave enough to click on it and could tell us what it does? Does it reduce the size of your file? How much? I would hope it does NOT just do a wholesale de...

Plae Help urgent! Recover exchange in a new active directory insta
Hi friends, i nedd your help, i lost my forest and i am trying to recover from backup, but i dont know if this works to active directory knows the exchange, i have to follow some procedure to do that, And if i cant recover my forest y should install a new active directory, and install exchang again, wich is the best way to recover the data from exchange, copy the db's to the exhang database path or what i should do to do that? Thanks a lot for your help Felipx start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867704 "Felipex" <Felipex@discussions.micr...

Formatting Phone Numbers
Consider this example: A1 -> 3365551111 A2 -> 336-555-2222 A3 -> (336) 555-3333 I want to be able to scan through column A and change all numbers to be in the format of A1 which is just straight numbers...no punctuation. How would I do that? -- Tha BeatMaker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tha BeatMaker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23998 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383980 Easiest would be to use a macro. Sub RemoveAlphas() ''...

Need Help Working with Sub-totals
I have a spreadsheet that I have subtotaled. Now I want to take just those subtotals and play with them: add them, cum them, %'s to total, et c. to do a paredo. If I cut and then paste, I get the whole list. Don't want all the info - just want those subtotals. Is there any way possible to put just them in a new worksheet??? Spent waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much time on this b/w yesterday and today....:( TIA!!!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, if your spreadsheet is on sheet1, you could autosum whatever necessary, then use sheet2 with the subtotals, linking cel...

word template ... PLEASE HELP !
Hello, I am trying to insert a word template into a publisher. However all my tries didnt achieve the purpose. I tried to import the document but it didnt take the graphic template only the wording were converted into the publisher. I tried to copy paste the template but i AM not able to do so because i cant even select it through the word document. I tried to take a screen capture and then use paint and to get in only the template then I inserted it into the publisher. It worked but the problem, the qualit of the picture is not good and I need to get this template for my publi...

Help with calculations
I have a subform wiwth 3 fieldsDate, Transaction, AmountI would like to sum the amounts by category, for example:Date Transaction Amount1/1/06 Deposit 5001/2/06 Deposit 5001/3/06 Withdrawal 4001/3/06 Withdrawal 2001/7/06 Credit 300Based on this table the results would reflectTransaction AmountDeposit 1000Withdrawal 900Credit 300any help in obtaining the desired result is most appreciated. Oops,Sorry this was posted twice, also withdrawal should reflect 600myxmaster@hotmail.com wrote:> I have a sub...

blackberry help
how can I update my yahoo calendar with my blackberry calendar. just like my mail does automatically -- I.Lamb Sorry, but this newsgroup is for question dealing with Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Given that Microsoft has nothing to do with either Blackberrys or Yahoo, you won't find an appropriate newsgroup in the microsoft.public hierarchy for your question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Ian Lamb" <i.lamb@btinternet.com> wrote in message n...

Print Help Files
When I click on help in an application about 40 folders show up. I want to print them all to get a user guide. I can print each folder one at a time with all the folder's contents, but that's a very time consuming process. Is there any way I can print all 40 folders with their contents with one print command? Bob Speck I use to use HLP2RTF many years ago. Do a search for it. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:35:32 -1000, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Bob Speck <bobspeck@...

Formatting excel chart in powerpoint -- size scales are blank
At times when i copy an excel chart into powerpoint and want to resize it, the size scales are blank (height/width). I click on reset which shows me 100%, but if i need to go back and resize it again it goes back to being blank. It happens sometimes. Have Office XP, and tried everything i can possibly think of -- paste special, linking, and nothing works. Hope someone has encountered this same problem and has a solution if there is one. THANKS For re-sizing the best option is to copy as a picture: 1. select the area of the worksheet you want to copy 2. while holding down the SHIFT key, p...