Conditional Formatting for Entire Row

Hello:

I am trying to setup conditional formatting to format the entire row based on
the contents of a single cell in that row. Specifically, if PercentCompleted
column says "100%" then format the entire row in Strikethrough.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

- Nordic

0
nospam7515 (2084)
1/25/2006 7:30:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select the entire set of rows to format.

Then Format>CF>Formula is:  =$G8=100%

Assuming Column G is PercentCompleted column.

Not the $ sign which locks the column reference but not the row reference.

Format to Strikethrough and OK your way out.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:30:02 -0800, Nordic <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I am trying to setup conditional formatting to format the entire row based on
>the contents of a single cell in that row. Specifically, if PercentCompleted
>column says "100%" then format the entire row in Strikethrough.
>
>Any assistance greatly appreciated.
>
>- Nordic

0
Gord
1/25/2006 7:41:12 PM
Wiorked perfectly. THANKS!

0
nospam7515 (2084)

new currency format
How can I add a new currency format? I want to have CCN appear before the amount. select your cell(s) format|cells|number tab|Custom category "CCN"0.00 Maybe???? Poison wrote: > > How can I add a new currency format? I want to have CCN appear before the > amount. -- Dave Peterson <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, Click on "Custom", and select one of the currency formats that you like. Then, just select the currency sign in the "Type" window, and change it to CNN -- HTH, RD ---------------------------------------------------...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Finding a certain row from rows of intervals?
Hello! Got a question, mostly curious, and doubting this could be done withou Macros or similiar, but hey, I'll give it a go here, someone might kno ;) Problem: Say you have two columns with a number of rows, each row contains a interval in the form of "min-max", and you want to find the value t the right of the correct interval, like so; A B 1 1-7 1 2 8-25 2 3 26-29 3 4 30-40 4 5 41-57 5 Enter Number: [A number that you enter] Number Returned: [Calculates corresponding number from the interval] Now, if you enter number 34, it should return "4" (...

copy rows with values
Hi First step is no problem: in Sheet1 col AI this formula is inserted with VB to add age groups =OM(OCH(Age>=0;Age<7);"a. 0-6";OM(OCH(Age>6;Age<16);"b. 7-15";OM(OCH(Age>15;Age<26);"c. 16-25";OM(OCH(Age>25);"d. 26-";"")))) Col is autofilled to last used row. In next step I loop thru these rows to find certain rows and copy them to Sheet2. Problem is that formula on each row is then copied. Instead I need it to be values only! Needs to work in Excel 2003 and 2007. Sheet1 can have >20 000 rows Any s...

Data format
I am trying to run a query between 2 tables based on an account number. The problem I am having is that in one table, the account number is listed as ###-####, where as in the other, the account number is simple a string of 7 numbers. How do I either remove the dash in the first table or run a query that will allow me to match the 2 account numbers even though they are in different forms. I also need to match 2 other tables on account numbers. The problem here is that one field reads, for example, "C 123 4567 2.50 01/10/2007" where as the other reads 1234567. I need to ma...

date formatting 03-22-10
I have an excel sheet which has a date in yyyy/mm/dd format saved on the internal network. other users who open the file do not see this date as the same format as the saved file. could anyone provide as to why this is happening and what can be done to correct it. thanks vandy Sounds like you have not specifically formatted the cell as yyyy/mm/dd. When you don't specifically format a date cell, Excel will look at your Windows default setting and use that, so you will see a date as yyyy/mm/dd and someone else will see it as mm/dd/yy depending on their windows setting. T...

Report data needs to conform to db format
Each month I receive a report, say 200 lines (rows) 8 columns The information is grouped and separated as follows: Date Name Code Div Cost 05/15/04 Jim Bc West 20.00 05/20/04 John CB East 15.00 06/15/04 Judy BC South 35.00 Grp1 70.00 The sample above is a block of 3 the next block might be a block of 1, then 3rd a block of 5 or 7 and so on I'm currently manually Inserting a new column A:A and entering into A2:A4 the "Grp1" whic...

Adjust row heights of non-contiguous rows.
Hello all: Looking to adjust row heights of a 185 row w/sheet. First I use: Rows("4:184").RowHeight = 12.75 I expect this should work quickly and efficiently. I don't quite know what to do with the "exceptions" rows. I could use: Rows("6:6, 9:9, 14:14, 18:18, 24:24, 30:30, ETC......").RowHeight = 3.75 But there are over 30 rows that need to be referenced. The double row references become cumbersome and don't really add to the clarify of the code. I'd like to use something like: SRow = Short Rows Short ...

auto expand rows
I have workbook with two sheets. It's an order form that needs to automatically insert rows as each row gets populated. Sheet 1 is the "order build" sheet in which a user will enter a part number and that part's description, price, & 8 other parameters appear. I am successfully using vlookup to pull data from the 'data sheet". Basic layout |-------------------------------------------------------------------| | part number -|---Qty --|---Price -|---Ext. Price--|-- Description | |--------------|---------|----------|---------------|---------------| | B345 ...

Expand and Shrink Rows and columns to hide information.
I have a spreadsheet with rows 1 & 2 and columns numbered 1 & 2. In column 1 I have the ability to click a plus sign (+) to expand information in hidden rows. Along the top I also have the ability to click a plus (+) sign in column 1 to expand hidden columns. It appears that column 2 denotes those rows to be hidden by a "." Ok how do I set this up? Data>Group and Outline Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:29:02 -0800, jf1847 <jf1847@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a spreadsheet with rows 1 & 2 and columns number...

NAICS Code
Hello, I have a list of NAICS codes formatted as numbers that I would like to format as hierarchical text. Current List 10 12 101 112 Desired List 10 101 112 12 Does anyone know how to change the cell format so that the "Current List" becomes the "Desired List"? Thank you in advance for your help. It looks like you could preformat that column as text and enter your values as text. Then you could sort the data as text. Some versions of excel will ask if you want to sort values that look like numbers as numbers. You should say no to that prompt. And just changing t...

When refreshed, some Pivot Table columns retain formatting, some d
I have not had trouble with retaining column widths and column heading formats (font size, word wrap, alignment) in Pivot Tabl. When refreshed, they retain formatting. Here's the weird part, when I add or insert a new data column into the Pivot Table by checking from field list, that new data column does not retain column heading formats (font size, word wrap and alignment settign) like the original columns do. It does however preserver its column width and number formatting. Why is that? How do I tell Excel to preserve column heading formats for newly added ones? I...

Conditional Formatting Problems HELP!
I used conditional formatting for the first time to display colors i cells based on the value of the cell. Everything works fine excep when I try to save I get the message "Excel could not save all the dat and formatting you recently added to nnnn.xls". Microsofts kb has an article that says you cannot exceed 2,050 row (Q215783), but I certainly don't have nearly that many rows. I do hav a pretty large number of cells with conditional formatting and wonde if there is some other limitation that I can't find. Everything els about this sheet is very plain stuff. Can anyone ...

How do I save to Microsoft Word Document format?
There are three machines in our office with Outlook 98 or 2000 on them. The 98 and 2000 machines I use have Word set up as the email editor, and I can use "Save as" to save an email in Microsoft Word Document format, including the attachments. The other Outlook 2000 machine was set up to use Rich Text format as the email editor, and only had the choice of saving as .html, Rich text, or Text. There was no option to save as Microsoft Word Document format. I changed the default email editor to Microsoft Word. I went into Tools, options, Mail format, and selected the check box for Mic...

insert rows automatically
I have a spreadsheet where I need to copy a row and have EXCEL automatically copy new rows based on a number inputted by the user (less 1). I use a code which was previously posted that creates a box asking how many rows I need. This works fine but the problem is that people often input one row too many For example: If they need 10 rows overall , they inadvertently input a 10 ... giving a total of 11 rows (the original row + the 10 NEW rows) ) So I was wondering if anyone would know how to fine tune the code so that it would give me one less row than what the user inputs. Here's the cod...

create switchboard button that will close program entirely
I have a switchboard button that closes the database but leaves Access open. Is there a way I can have the button close the database and Access with one click? Dear robnsd: Try the following code: DoCmd.Quit HTH -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "robnsd" <robnsd@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1188765557.922703.326790@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... >I have a switchboard button that closes the database but leaves Ac...

Freeze header row at top of each page and exclude it from sorting
In Excel XP on Windows XP, I need to freeze the first row (header row) so that it will always appear at the top of every page and its data will not be included in sorting. Only data below the first row should be sorted. How do I do that? At present whenever I sort by any column, the header row gets sorted along with the other data. That is unacceptable. Lt. Ito "classified"@" <""(classified\"@)"> wrote in message news:Owj8ZbFTGHA.2156@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Excel XP on Windows XP, I need to freeze the first row (header row) > so tha...

Automatic axis format

Creating Formatted Report and Emailing
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I might send out nicely formatted reports, where the report content is in the body of the email? I have seen a number of threads posted about sending attachments, and that will likely be my "fallback" approach. Trying to avoid attachments, however, as this required folks, who are already in email jail, to take an extra step, which results in them not seeing the report (my reports are communicating significant issues in ongoing projects, and important that they at least "See" the red flags in the report). T...

format date time combo on a form
Hi all. Firstly thanks to all those that offer advise on these forums. I am linking an access database to a csv file (that I pull out of contact manager because linking the two directly doesn't show all fileds). Anyway, I get a date value such as "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM" for one of the fields. Now i would like to put just the date into a report "dd\mm\yyyy" but no matter what i do, I always get the whole kit and kaboodle (i try mask etc). because the original data is linked I cant modify it so I have to figure out a way to do it on the report. any Ideas? thanks!...

Haveing problems inserting a row
Here is the problems I am working off of 3 different workbooks that are linked together Every time that I insert a new row, the forumlas do not update. I there a way for me to insert a new row so that it will change th forumlas?? I am hopping this could be done? thanks for any help you can give me Turb ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:0...

Number format for Combobox
Hi, I have a user form that reads a list of numbers and places them into a combobox. Often I have to add a new number to the list and here is the problem. If I type a new number into the list and run the form, the new number is not displayed in the combobox. I have found that if I drag the old number list down and increase the number to the new one I require and then delete any intervening numbers that are not required, the combo box will then read the new additional number. I have tried formatting all numbers to the same format but it makes no difference. It is no hardship for me t...

copy paste format problem
I am copy/paste data from emails to excel. The font in the email doesn't fit the cells. I get a clip board asking me if I want to match the destionation, I have to click on that I do everytime I input the data. Any help?? Thanks Try to Right click on the destination cell and Paste Special... then select Values. It should just paste it as Excel's default text. "Cherie" wrote: > I am copy/paste data from emails to excel. The font in the email doesn't fit > the cells. > I get a clip board asking me if I want to match the destionation, I have to > click on...

Removing duplicate rows
I have inherited a spreadsheet which has lots of duplicated rows. However, some information is missing for certain fields. For example one row will list: Firstname (Jim), Lastname (Jones), Phone (1213111) and the duplicate will just have say the Firstname (Jim) & Lastname (Jones). What I would like to do is remove the second record from the spread sheet. There are many instances of this throughout. Is there a way that this can be achieved? Thanks for any help You could use a helper column to do a counta of all the active cells in each row, and then sort and delete all rows that...

From Row to Column?
Hello all, I have a large spreadsheet of data, unfortunately when I set it up originally I put the data into rows (I.E. left to right) I'm trying to correct that now, Is there any way I can highlight a row of data and move it into a colum, in the same order it is in the rows? Thank you, Confused Man Yep, select all the cells in your row, and copy then select the first cell in your destination column and select "Paste Special" then transpose in the Paste Special dialog and ... job done!! "confused man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in message news:9cadnVInq98Y6ZjcRVn-u...