Conditional formatting.... Excel 2002

Hi,
In Conditional formatting I am only permitted upto 3 Conditions but I
have 6 conditions how may I overcome.

Do later Excel revisions allow for more conditions in Conditional
fromatting?

Thanks
Gunjani

0
gunjani786 (11)
2/13/2006 10:54:03 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 12 will support unlimited CFs.

You can do it in earlier versions with VBA, such as

Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10"

    On Error GoTo ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = False
        With Target
            Select Case .Value
                Case 1: .Interior.ColorIndex = 3    'red
                Case 2: .Interior.ColorIndex = 6    'yellow
                Case 3: .Interior.ColorIndex = 5    'blue
                Case 4: .Interior.ColorIndex = 10   'green
            End Select
        End With
    End If

ws_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

or you can try the free add-in CFPlus at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gunjani" <gunjani786@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In Conditional formatting I am only permitted upto 3 Conditions but I
> have 6 conditions how may I overcome.
>
> Do later Excel revisions allow for more conditions in Conditional
> fromatting?
>
> Thanks
> Gunjani

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

How do I add a total to a stacked bar graph in Excel
I am using Excel for some graphs in Powerpoint and we are using stacked bar graphs. Does anyone know how to add a total on a stcaked graph? I can add individual values but I am looking for total per bar. the simplest way is to copy the data with the totals into the chart. select the section of the bar equal to the totals and change the axis to secondary add the series values and in paterns select none for fill and line. in th elegehgend select the line for the totals and clar all. "Greg L" wrote: > I am using Excel for some graphs in Powerpoint and we are using stacked bar...

macros in excel #4
Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions "Jai" wrote: > Is it possible to set up a macro in excel to print report with conditions Can you elaborate on "Conditions" and what kind of report it is? May be I can pitch in .. I am a beginner too, but I can look around. I am trying to set up a report from database of vendors. Each vendor has it's own number. Some vendors are grouped together. In report, there should be list of each vendors and all grouped vedors should have subtotal for its data. I know it's easy to do a subt...

export excel macros
I am gettting a new computer from my IT staff this week. Is there a way to backup all my personal macros. I have done a search for personal.xls and have not come up with anything. Can anyone provide answers. Brad Wilson nctarheelfan@hotmail.com Hi search for your personal.xls in your xlstart folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brad wrote: > I am gettting a new computer from my IT staff this week. Is there a > way to backup all my personal macros. I have done a search for > personal.xls and have not come up with anything. Can anyone provide > answers. &...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

Conditional Formula based on previous date + 30
I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire. Date Sent Follow Up date January 13, 2010 February 12, 2010 What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date is expired (over the date listed). Just use CF with a formula of =B2>TODAY() -- HTH Bob "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66DE65F1-F041-434C-86A7-B13635C6914F@microsoft.com... >I have a spread sheet that calu...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

divide so no error Excel 2007
I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide one by the other and set it up on many cells. Problem is if I enter the folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide by 0 error (#DIV/0!) So How can I divide A2 / B2 only if it won't produce an error? =IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23CnsJAoRJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide >one by the other and set it up ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Anyway to open a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so I can't have them resave it or resend it. Any ideas Thanks! In news:11BBD624-9460-465D-88EE-60230ADB1F33@microsoft.com, buck <create007@yahoo.com> posted: > I need to open this file for a project tomorrow. I have Publisher > 2000, but I think the file sent to me was done in Publisher 2002 or > 2003? The person who sent it to me is out of town until Thursday, so > I ...

Conditional Formating Help

Conditional Formating Furmula
I have to enter a 14 digit licence number in a field this is a mix of numbers and leters. can some one please give me a formula that i can use in conditional formating tol show if there are to few or to many digits. (Using excel 2003) Thaks in advance. CF/ Formula is/ =LEN(A1)<14 Format as desired for too few CF/ Formula is/ =LEN(A1)>14 Format as desired for too many Rather than using CF you could, of course, use Data validation to require LEN(A1) to be 14. -- David Biddulph "jockj215" <jockj215@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A24...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

Conditional Formatting
Hi All, I need help on conditional Formatting. I have a column of data with future DATE, such as 2 Jan 09, 4 Des 09, etc I would like to assign automatically different colors to those data that match these condition: If (TODAY's date < Data's date) And more than 30 days, COLOUR is Orange If (TODAY's date < Data's date) And more than 60 days, COLOUR is Yellow If (TODAY's date < Data's date) And more than 90 days, COLOUR is Green If (TODAY's date >= Data's date) And more than 30 days, COLOUR is Red I would like to gave it AUTO...

opening excel worksheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel whenever I try to open an existing excel worksheet it opens very short. I have to drag it down to the bottom of the screen, is there a setting that i need to adjust? No, simply SAVE the workbook after you adjust it. Next time, it will open at the size you want. On 27/03/10 6:42 AM, in article 59bb6065.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "scrapper@officeformac.com" <scrapper@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > wh...

Historical Excel question re: statistical capabilities
Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping with statistical functions built in- or know how I can find out? In the pre-spreadsheet days of my computing past, I used BASIC to code statistical functions necessary for my profession. As spreadsheets became more advanced, we all transitioned to using the advanced functionality. My question is when did this occur? Did Excel always have its current complement of statistical functions? Thanks slingsh0t@hotmail.com shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

saving format
i have a spreadsheet that i backup & copy to a new folder but the cell formulas are replaced with the cell values. how do i keep the formula format. thanks Save two copies??? One with the formulas and one after the formulas have been converted to values. bob wrote: > > i have a spreadsheet that i backup & copy to a new folder but the cell > formulas are replaced with the cell values. how do i keep the formula > format. > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or are you saying that when you make the backup copy the formulas are somehow changed to values...

background image formatting
Hi All, How can I make a background image stretched instead of tiled? I am using a default picture in publisher of clouds and they of course don't look right being tiled. Thanks a lot David Resize the image? --- If you're asking about web bg's, you can but the result is u g l y -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E6E0F22-9511-4EEC-963B-0B359D511FA2@microsoft.com... | Hi All, | How can I make a background image stretched instead of tiled? | I am using a default picture in publisher ...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Conditional Statement in a Macro
I have a time sheet program with a pivot table on each sheet to sum the hours worked on each job #. Each pivot table is named pivot table 7. I have set up a macro to update the pivot table easily. It is as follows: Sub Update_Pivot_Table() ' ' Update_Pivot_Table Macro ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+p ' Range("E63").Select ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable7").PivotCache.Refresh Range("H62").Select End Sub Thus, since each table is named "PivotTable7" the macro works on any of the sheets. I have added a pivot tab...

Outlook 2002 "MAPI unable to load..."
I recently began using Outlook 2002 when I needed to synch my PDA. For the first 4-5 weeks there were no real problems. LAst week I downloaded an add-in from Microsoft's Office area: Outlood Personal Folders Backup - But now when I start Outlook I get the message: "Unable to open your defaolt e-mail folders. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL." I have done REPAIR twice and then tried UNINSTALL/INSTALL. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas would be appreciated. If it is the add-in, how do I remove it?? OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to ...

Conditional Cell Fill?
Hello, Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? Thanks, Rusty Look at conditional formatting in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rusty Williamson" <rusty@uno.sd.znet.com> wrote in message news:RUGlb.45764$Z86.33887@twister.socal.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? > > Thanks, > Rusty > > ...