conditional formatting #5

Trying to highlight lowest cell in columns...if 2 cells in same column
contain same low number I dont want any highlighted.Not sure
how to set up formatting statement in conditional formatting.

Any help out there?  File example is attache

                 Attachment filename: skins.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=51726

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
if your values are in A1:A10 try the following:
- select cells A1:A10
- goto the conditional format dialog and enter the following formula
=(A1=MIN($A$1:$A$10))*(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10)=1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Trying to highlight lowest cell in columns...if 2 cells in same
column
> contain same low number I dont want any highlighted.Not sure
> how to set up formatting statement in conditional formatting.
>
> Any help out there?  File example is attached
>
>                  Attachment filename: skins.xls
> Download attachment:
> http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=517263 ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/19/2004 9:10:47 PM
Thanks for the help Frank,

My values are in D5:D70
I highlighted these cells and entred the following formula

=(D5=MIN($D$5:$D$70))*(COUNTIF($D$:$D$70)=1)

but I get the error saying I entered too few arguements
Did I miss something?

Regards Jim A

Hi
sorry my fault. try
=(D5=MIN($D$5:$D$70))*(COUNTIF($D$:$D$70,D5)=1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Thanks for the help Frank,
>
> My values are in D5:D70
> I highlighted these cells and entred the following formula
>
> =(D5=MIN($D$5:$D$70))*(COUNTIF($D$:$D$70)=1)
>
> but I get the error saying I entered too few arguements
> Did I miss something?
>
> Regards Jim A.
>

> ---
frank.kabel (11126)
4/19/2004 9:59:31 PM
oops I did enter
=(D5=MIN($D$5:$D$70))*(COUNTIF($D$5:$D$70)=1)

sometimes cells aren't always full up to D70 but they start at D5
would that make a difference

Thanks Frank,

That did it, your a lifesaver!

Regards Jim A

CRM EMAIL FORMATTING
I think there is a strong need to have formatting options as word,excel and outlook available in crm email Templates. Things like adding attachments, pictures etc for emails should be supported. If you think this is so please vote for this. Kind Regards Ridhima ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Printing of cells in Excel with conditional equations?
How do I suppress printing of cells in Excel that have a conditional equation in the cell and appear as blanks in the worksheet, but when I print I get a blank label. I am setting this up for a user and I don't want them to have to highlight the cells and then use SELECTION in the print parameters? Can you pick out a column that always has data when the row should be printed--and is always blank when the row should not be printed? If yes, then I'd apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that range/column. Filter to show just the non-blanks and then print, then data|filter|showall to get...

Conditional Formatting based on Text within Text
I need to create a conditional format based on a text string that will be contained in a larger text string within the active cell. I know I can use either the SEARCH or FIND function to determine if a text string is contained within a larger string, but those functions require a cell address and I don't know how to apply them to the current cell address, whatever it might be. So, for example, if the text string is "needs training", and the text in cell A5 is "George has had some exposure to the app, but he needs training", then I would want that cell to apply ...

Format Axis
Hi, Using XL 2003. I have a workbook with 3 graphs. Two of the graphs are correct and they both source their data off of a particular worksheet. The third graph is giving me grief as I am not able to have its X-Axis show as time. It sources its data from a different sheet. When I Format Axis, I expect to see Time (X) axis scale Minimum Maximum Base Unit Major Unit Minor Unit Value (Y) blah blah... Instead I get the following: Value (X) axis scale Minimum Maximum Base Unit Major Unit Minor Unit Value (Y) I am missing the base unit. The source data is DEFINITELY a date as I have format...

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for 5/9/2006
Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing May 9, 2006 Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: www.microsoft.com/technet/security and www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center o...

Countif #5
Hello, Using Windows XP & Excel XP. I want to keep track of the matching numbers drawn in a lottery to the numbers on lottery tickets. I have a setup with 5 different tickets that contain 5 numbers and at the bottom the actual numbers that were drawn. I want to go ticket by ticket and count how many matches of the actual drawn numbers. Here's an example. A B C D E F ----------------------------------------- 1 6 23 38 40 41 0 2 3 11 22 38 45 2 3 15 22 29 44 46 2...

Formatting Problem
We are trying to be consistent in the way we format our phone numbers, addresses, etc. in CRM. When some of our users enter a phone number like 717-123-4567, CRM will change it to (717) 123-4567 after the record is saved. This only happens on select computers. Does anyone have an idea what is affecting the formatting in CRM? Thanks. are these users working on the web client? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Tom Gwinn" <tgwinn@all-health.com> wrote in message news:ekYjT5QFFHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We are trying to be consiste...

Adding formatting to VBA code
With some great help from this forum, I was able to add the followin code: Sub Total_Building_Damages() Selection.Font.Bold = True Selection.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlRight .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom .WrapText = False .Orientation = 0 .AddIndent = False .IndentLevel = 0 .ShrinkToFit = False .ReadingOrder = xlContext .MergeCells = True End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Total Building Damages:" End Sub This works just fine. However, I would like to refine it a bit. If I run this in A:9 for example, I would like F:9 and F:1...

Exporting reports in PDF format ?
I heard this is possible but I do not see the PDF option in the export menu. Do I need special software to do this or is it built-in to Access? I have Access 2003 and XP. Exporting to PDF is not part of MS Access. If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not just the reader) , it should show as a "Printer" on the File - Print. There are other 3rd party packages that are available to do the same thing - we use PDFCreator, which is installed as a "Printer", and saves any document as a pdf file to any location. John mscertified wrote: >I heard this is possible...

conditional formatting limitation
Is there any way I can increase the limit of 3 when conditional formatting? I am building a schedule and I wish to colour code unique id's. The number of unique id's exceeds three. Thank-you Hi rekoop! Apart from conditional formats and the default format you do have ability to control font formats using the custom formats usually reserved for positive, negative and zero. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html But in most cases where you need more than three formats for your conditions, you will need to resort to VBA. For this, see: Dave McRitchie: http://w...

If formula with 12 conditions
I have a date column and I want another column to sort only by the month of the date column. So I want column B to look at column A and only read the month - then translate it to a number. If the first 2 numbers in (a2=01 then b3=1 , or a2=02 then b3=2, or a2=03 then b3=3.... ect) Can this be done? Hi You could try something like =TEXT(A2,"mm") in B3. Or simply =MONTH(A2) -- Andy. "tkacoo" <tkacoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BF32B13-54EF-4E80-ADC4-9B752A31CCC1@microsoft.com... >I have a date column and I want another column to sort...

How do I copy a print format from sheet to sheet in excel ?
I would like to copy a printing format to other sheets in a workbook including print areas and print titles. Is this possible does anyone know? Thanks. Hello- Unless I'm missing something, most everything you're asking *is* done automatically since your print specs are for the workbook, not sheet-by-sheet. Headers/Footers, Rows to repeat@top, margins, etc. apply to all sheets, and Print Areas need only be set if you want to print a portion of what would normally be output. You might want to consider Named Ranges if you haven't already done so. HTH |:>) "kernat&qu...

formatting problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The Italic and the Bold Italic commands have got switched. The Italic command produces Bold Italic, and the Bold Italic command produces simply Italic, but with Bold spacing. This has happened before and I corrected it somehow. Now it has happened again and I can't remember how to fix it. [All the usual quitting Word, restarting the machine, exploring Word Commands etc already tried.] Any help welcome, a most ittitating glitch. <br><br>Astrid Confirm that both Office & OS X are fully update...

Carying over formatting btw. workbooks
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this one out. Each day I ru a report of material to purchase, which is saved in an Excel workbook. Depending on the status of each item (row), I color code the row. varying percentage of each day's items are carried over to the nex day's workbook. I use VLOOKUP to carry over the notes and othe information I enter from day to day, but what I would like to do i also carry over the row color I had previously assigned - I kno VLOOKUP does not support this. Column A contains all the part numbers and is the column I use for my VLOOKUP ...

PFBACKUP.exe #5
always used the pfbackup.exe without issue. Updated to the newer version and viola..no longer backs up on it own. Uninstalled and re-installed the older version but no luck. I can do a manual backup but for some reason it won't remember to do an automatic back up. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance... BL Try creating a new backup location for it. Then change it in options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading....

Getting the Purchase Order Format to default to correct one
Hello, we are using the blank form for our purchase orders and currently when my users try to print a purchase order they have to select the blank form. It does not default into the Purcahase Order Print Options window. Currently it is blank when the window opens and they have to select it. In POP setup I have selected that as the default Purchase Order Format. My question is do I have to modify that window with modifier to make it default in or is there a simpler way to make this happen? Al, Something caught my attention of what you stated: "It does not default into the Purcahas...

out of office assistant #5
I can't bring up the "out of office assistant" to post a message while on vacation. Why can't I bring this up. Thanks in advance for any help The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve ...

compare 5 columns of text and highlight duplicates based on repeti
I run a summer camp and I have a ws with 5 columns, each representing a calendar year (2005-2009). The columns each have 500 names (first and last) of campers that attended that year. I'd like to compare the columns and have Excel highlight names that appear in more than one column. Preferably with a color that represents duplication 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x. I'm trying to determine who attended 2 years, who attended 3 years and so on. The color would be based on how many years attended rather than individual names. I have Excel 2007 and I'm new at this whole programming stuf...

5.5 Enterprise to Standard
Hi, We are currently on Enterprise and we also have license for Std. For some reasons we have to create an identical server to split the 90 users. I have tested the scenario by backing the enterprise serverA database and restoring it to the other serverB with enterprise installation, then delete some mailboxes and defrag to reduce the database size to 14.5GB. The rest of the procedure are as follows; -uninstall exchange enterprise serverB, delete exchsrvr folders. -install exchange standard serverB. -restore the trimmed database to serverB At this point everything works ok without any pr...

Conditional formatting w/minutes
xl 2000--I am tracking transaction times and would like to use CF to highlite times more than and less than 2 minutes. I tried to use "cell value" and it is not recognizing :02, (for instance). What would a formula be that would work to do this? I think I need to convert the answer to a portion of a day? I am using a formula to subtract the start time and the end time. The results are formated as time ie :01, :06, :11, :02 etc. On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:25:02 -0800, Mike R <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >xl 2000--I am tracking transaction times and would like t...

SMTP in Exchange server 5.5
Hi, i need to change the default connection response that everyone receive after they connect to the SMTP port in Exchange 5.5. At this moment my exchange server give this response: 220 computer&domainname Microsoft ESMTP mail Service, Version: Version number ready at Date and time. I'd like that exchange server'll resposne with another message. How can I do? Pls someone help me. Thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad English. Sonia The servername can be changed, I assume youre running NT4, just change the hostname in TCP/IP settings Lasse Pettersson Humandata, Sweden ...

messages stuck in outbox #5
Greetings! I just got Office 2003 and am having some problems with my outbox. If I create a new message and click send, it goes to my outbox until I click send and receive. If, perchance, I go to my outbox to edit that message, and then click send again, it's stuck in my outbox with a little envelope/sheet of paper next to it, and it's not in italics. Any idea what might be causing this? Many thanks! Ben ...

Conditional formating condition..?
Hi All I have 2 CF conditions associated with a cell (C14), one of which is: Formula is =OR($C$4="Fred SOMEBODY",C14<>"10:30:00") What happens when this is true isn't important/relevant. The value in the cell appears as 10:30 (formatted as custom/hh:mm) but the value in the 'formula window' is actually 10:30:00. This type of condition works fine when the cell contains a simple number (or text) but I can't get it to work for either times or dates. I have tried it with and without the inverted commas (around the time value) and have tried using 10:30 ...

drag value not format
Sheet has complicated formating with lines and fills. Need to lokc formating but be able to drag cell values without the formating smearing over. Can't figure it out by myself :-( Hi copy the source cell and paste it with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany RCbear wrote: > Sheet has complicated formating with lines and fills. Need to lokc > formating but be able to drag cell values without the formating > smearing over. > Can't figure it out by myself :-( Not really what I need. I want to find out how to be able to drag...

Why only 3 condional formatting?
In excel how come we are limited to only 3 condional formatting? an also data sort? and other things... i would of though that MS would o updated it since 2000 > 2002 > 2003 but it seems although they haven' considered it what so ever. Many Thanks DA -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:22:58 -0500, darkangelstorm <<darkangelstorm.190ws8@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >In excel how come we are limited to only 3 condional formatting? and >also data sort? and other things... i would of though that MS would of >updated it since...