Conditional Formatting #2

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that has about 1200 rows many of which need to have
conditional formatting. I had a template set of rows that I was transferring
the conditional formatting from and it worked for 20 or so rows. Then in
attempting to both copy/paste and drag formatting even further  I noticed
that the conditional formatting was not being transfered to the target
cells. I have even tried doing one row of formatting at a time but it seems
like it will not allow any more conditional formatting. The spreadsheet is a
good size (about 2MB). I recieve no error messages about this. It simply
does not transfer any more conditional formatting. I tried closing the
spreadsheet to see if it was some sort of cache/clipboard problem inside the
sheet but that did not help.

Is there some sort of cap to how much conditional formatting you can have on
a spreadsheet? Any suggesitons?

Thanks

Matt

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Conditional Formatting Problem #4
Below is an example spreadsheet that I’m dealing with. I have a column with “Standards” (more on that later), but I have my results in three possible ‘formats’ “Standard” Result 1 Result 2 Result 3 0.01 0.123 0.123J <0.123 1.0 0.123 0.123J <0.123 First, I want to create a conditional format that will BOLD only the cells that have just numbers in them (i.e. 0.123), and leave the other two types alone. Second, I will be comparing the cells with only numbers in them (i.e. Result 1) to the Standard and highlighting only those values that are greater to or equal to the Standard. In...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

CRM Internet Access #2
Just by opening up port 443 and assigning an Certificate, I can access CRM from outside our Firewall. It gives me a domain login prompt and everything seems to work ok. So, why would I want to use the IFD? Not being an .net programmer I don't understand why - is a web form better for security? If someone can give me a simple explanation I would appreciate it. (btw, I've tried to configure using the IFD and I have about as frustrated as alot of other people seem to be. I think I got arounf the 401 error by SETSPN but I still can't get the signin.aspx to appear) Thanks Glen G...

Error 0x800C0155,2
Everytime I tried to start up Maillive I get the message with fault code 0x800C0155,2 I have surched on the web but didn't get a good solution for this problem. The solutions of shutting down the virusscanner and using the administrator logging doesn't work for me. I have also updated, reinstalled Maillive but no solution. I"m stilll using Windows XP and didn't change the last days anything on my computer. This fault just suddenly occured after a correct use of the Mail program for more then a year. Is there anyone who has useful solutions for this problem???? ...

since 2008 install safari downloads append .dot .pot .xla #2

we have 2 OE email accts
My husband and I both have new Outlook Express email accts. However, it appears the same message is received in both our accts. How can I separate incoming mail to the proper accts? thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Sort by formatting
I have a massive spreadsheet I have used a finddups macro on and have changed the formatting of cells with duplicate data. I would like to be able to sort or filter the data by conditional formatting so all the suspect duplicates can easily be copied to another spreadsheet. Hunt and peck is not practical with over 50,000 rows. Is there any way to sort/filter this data? I am currently using Excel XP and Windows XP. TIA George Hi sorting by formats is not supported by Excel. I'd use a helper column to 'tag' the respective rows and use this helper column for sorting/filtering....

Conditional sum wizard problem--Excel 2000
This is driving me crazy. Can anyone explain why this won't work with the Conditional Sum Wizard? I've used the wizard many times before and can't figure out why it doesn't work this time. Category Price Paid? Core $55.50 yes If I try to sum "Price" using the criterion Paid?="yes", it works fine (i.e. I get $55.50). If I try to sum "Price" using Category="Core", it doesn't work (I get $0.00). Both "Category" and "Paid?" are formatted as text; "Price" is formatted as currency. Thanks. Hi ...

Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6 #2
I have having trouble importing my messages from Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6. When I try to do import I get a long message that says "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have the files open." Anybody have any ideas? ...

Begginer: How to change the middle of CString contents? #2
I'm trying to change some contents in the contents in the middle of a CString var. Let me explain. The CString var contains the following: 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,43,00,42,00,44,00,30,00,30,00,30,00,30,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\ 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,0...

Excel using =RC[-1] format and I don't want it
On this machine only, Excel will use the format =RC[-1] when I am entering a formula on the command line by hand and click on a cell to reference it in the formula. I don't know how this got on but I would like it to go off. On my other machines, it does the old familiar A1:B2 style of cell reference. I can't even search for how to fix it since I can't determine what this is called so I can turn it off. The only reference I have seen is a button that is only effective for macro creating and I am not creating a macro, just a formula, interactively, in the cell. How ...

remote admin #2
Hi all, We are running exchange 5.5 on a window nt4 server. Is there a way to remotely administrate the exchange server by using a program or a mmc snap in? Thanks Gav Install the 5.5 admin to the remote workstation. On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:54:00 -0000, "Gav" <spam@spam.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We are running exchange 5.5 on a window nt4 server. Is there a way to >remotely administrate the exchange server by using a program or a mmc snap >in? > >Thanks >Gav > ...

database size #2
i have a exchange server 2003 stansart ed. i get a eventid 445 on ese. the database ...\priv1.edb har reached its maximum suze of 16382 mb. but the file is not so big. the edb file is 11,7 gb and the stb file is 5 gb is it the total of this files, that cant get over 16gb. The Information store (Private or Public) is made up of the combination of the .edb and .stm files. The 16gb max is indeed reached if the combination of those 2 files reaches 16gb. Your options are: 1. Check for event ID 1221 to see how much white space exists. If it is significant, you can run eseutil /d to ru...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

Chart formatting #3
Is there a way to shade certain areas of a line graph? I have a simple line graph extending horizontally from point 1 to 10 on the x-axis. I would like to shade the entire background area of the graph from points 2-4 and points 6-8. Is there a way to make the graph apear that the background is grayed out between these points. Thanks Chris Chris - This has been sitting here a long time... Make a combo chart. Start by locking the Y axis scale parameters (uncheck the auto boxes). Add a series to your chart which has zero values where you want no shading and <Y axis max> where ...

Dst part 2
Hi gurus I have w2k server and exchange 2000 , We dont have owa and clients connect to our exchange using OL2003. We are on CST time zone. We applied all dst for windows 2000 server also we applied dst and TZmove on client computer as there are only a few of them.- but here is where I get confuse, I had a single-appointment at 2:00PM on 3/25/07 after I applied the TZMove , I checked my calendar on my OL and it was changed to 3:00PM. what happened what did i do wrong? no matter what the appointment still at 2:00 Thanks a bunch for any help Any one please? "naguaramipana" ...

error code #2
I'm having a hard time sending & receiving. the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" window pops up it says "0 of 2 Tasks have completed successfully" Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to ...

normal distribution chart #2
How do I chart a normal distribution curve using a scatter plot? I plotted a bell curve using http://www.tushar-tehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ but I can't seem to figure out how to plot using my own data. Using excel 2007 Thanks for your help Well, the question is - is your data normally destributed? Show us a sample of the data. I think you will first need to sort on the x-axis data then use a formula such as =NORMDIST(A1,AVERAGE($B$1:$B$18),STDEVP($B$1:$B$18),FALSE) depending on the data you would need to plot this on a secondary axis or normalize it. -- ...

Problem Opening Files #2
When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the following error message is displayed: "Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the path (... etc)" The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel. This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRA...

Lookup with Random Data #2
Thanks, That works great -- PF ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PFH's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1288 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26736 ...

licensing question #2
in crm 4.0 enterprise edition, we can install other services/roles in separate servers for scalability. how does licensing works on this scenario? another question, if i have multiple web server that hosts CRM, does it requires separate license? ...

How can i create a graph with 2 x-axis side by side?
I am trying to create a chart which shows both the daily trend on a monthly basis as well as a 12 monthly trend side by side on the x-axis. Can this be donw? You can do it with a LINE chart. If you create an XY Scatter chart, the data for daily trend may be mixed up with the monthly trend. "Sue" wrote: > I am trying to create a chart which shows both the daily trend on a monthly > basis as well as a 12 monthly trend side by side on the x-axis. Can this be > donw? ...

Outlook 2002 Blue Bckgd. #2
Thank you very much Milly for helping me. Unfortunately, I do not know where normal.dot & email.dot are located in order to delete. Would you please tell me where they are ? Thank you again. Kristi41 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Thank you very much Milly for helping me. > Unfortunately, I do not know where normal.dot & email.dot > are located in order to delete. > Would you please tell me where they are ? When you post replies, reply back in the original thread instead of posting a brand new thread. The Word templates can be in several places. ...

Formatting Cells Question
Hi I am having troubles with formatting cells in EXCEL 2003. I have a column of many hundreds of rows lthat contain data like this: 01Jan12 on fist glance this looks like a date but it really is not. EXCEL on the other automatically assumes it is a date and formats as such. 2001-Jan-12 I have tried formatting as text, General and even experimented with custom formats to no avail. In the same column I have 03Mar1543 Which is dispolayed exactly as is. How can I get EXCEL to simply display data like 01Jan12 exactly as is? You must format the cell as Text BEFORE typing any information...

Inserted Picture
I have inserted a picture into a spreadsheet. When I try to move picture, there are multiple copies of the picture there. Is there a way that I can view the underlying code (picture) so that I can see how many copies of the picture are present and delete the extras in one operation? You can show the drawing toolbar and click on the arrow icon. Then you can lasso the area that surrounds those pictures and hit the delete key. This will delete all the pictures, so you may want to save the top picture if you need it. jkbob@optonline.net wrote: > > I have inserted a picture into a spr...