Conditional formating, values.

Hi All,

I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when
it comes to conditional formating.

It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses
vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive
balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done
this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the
yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up.

I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I
simply can't get the numbers to turn red when the balance for example
reaches -10.000,-!!

Looking forward in hearing from you...

Best regards

Kasper, Denmark

0
bashful (2)
10/12/2005 2:10:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Kasper,

It should be simply achieved by creating a condition of less than or equal
to -10000. The trick is to ensure that that is the first condition, other
the yellow will take effect and that condition will not be tested.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kasper" <bashful@dette-skal-slettes-wanadoo.dk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks
when
> it comes to conditional formating.
>
> It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses
> vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive
> balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done
> this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the
> yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up.
>
> I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I
> simply can't get the numbers to turn red when the balance for example
> reaches -10.000,-!!
>
> Looking forward in hearing from you...
>

> Best regards
>
> Kasper, Denmark

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/12/2005 3:01:46 PM
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply.
I tried back and forth in making a new condition, and couldn't make it work
.... and then suddenly it worked!! :o)
Thanks a lot for your help.

/Kasper

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Kasper,
>
> It should be simply achieved by creating a condition of less than or equal
> to -10000. The trick is to ensure that that is the first condition, other
> the yellow will take effect and that condition will not be tested.
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips

0
bashful (2)

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

How to change the string value in the registry?
How to change the "string value" in the registry from the code? As there is a functionality in my application that the user can change the "string value" with some GUI. But I m not able to change it as there is a function RegReplaceKey but its only to take the backup of old file and to replace it with new one and even i dont know how to use this functin to suit my case. RegSetValue/Ex() should do it I think. -Seetharam Look at the Registry APIs. Also, take a look at my Registry class on my MVP Tips site. joe On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:59:33 -0700, HItz <hitesh_im...

Shortcut to format painter
Is ther a keyboard shortcut to the format painter and if not what is the code line i should use to create my own shortcut plaese Judith : A few links on keyboard shortcuts, et al. Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm David McRitchie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm I've never seen a shortcut for the Format Painter. David McRitchie's site has a link to a macro that provides some functionality. Search the page for 'Painter'. HTH Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

Getting rid of #value
How am I able to add a column of numbers when one of the numbers in the formula is itself a formula that results in #VALUE (because that number the product of zero times another number)? Thanks First, the product of zero and another number shouldn't be giving you #VALUE!. Your best bet is to fix or bypass whatever is causing the #VALUE! error. If you can't do that for some reason, array-enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A20),"",A1:A20)) In article <_e6dnZvUCo7b1mHdRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net>...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

'Counter' value of the 'Perflib' subkey
I have a program which queries the 'Counter' value of the 'Perflib' subkey in the Windows registry using RegQueryValueEx. It used to work fine but now the debug build of my program is broken on Windows 2008 Server R2. The 'Counter' value is a REG_MULTI_SZ type data and is terminated with two NULL characters. However, I found out for Windows 2008 Server R2, the value returned from RegQueryValueEx has an extra character(0xcdcd) after the two NULL characters, which ends the 'Counter' string value. And that extra character causes my program to fail ...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

Figures locked in text format
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting it to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the past with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the column, etc. Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried to "do to it"? Regards, Fred "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

Protect formatting & formula
I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental changes during update by different users. However, if I protect them, any new row creation and deletion are disable. Is there any way resolve it? Especially, when create a row, how can all formatting and formula to create automatically for the new row? Thanks, Scott What version of Excel? "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message news:%23bsg6kCBGHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental >changes d...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

retrive value from lookup screen
hi, i hv small problem i make refrence for smartlist (SL)in GP form to enable me open the SL lookup form ,and i add lookup button to open that smart list but i want the retive value from SL to be inserted in text box exist on GP form please help me ...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

can cells apply conditional formatting using the internal clock?
I am using excell to keep track of my production schedule and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the cells in a worksheet to the internal date and time in the computer,so that the cells will update automatically. Example: Row A10 would be my production start date, Row A1 would be my projected finish date, I would like the cells in between to go from green to red as I near the finish date without manually inputting the date in each cell. Can you help me? Thyanks Set the normal format as desired (I selected a Pattern of Green). Select A1:A10, then select Format | Conditional Fo...

XSLT, XPath, and XSL Formatting Objects (XSLFO)
does dot net support apis for XSLFO in addition to XSLT? Thanks In data Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:47:40 -0500, David Laub ha scritto: > does dot net support apis for XSLFO in addition to XSLT? AFAIK no, you have to use nfop: http://nfop.sourceforge.net/ -- Lawrence "In IE we trust" Lawrence Oluyede wrote: >>does dot net support apis for XSLFO in addition to XSLT? > > > AFAIK no, you have to use nfop: > http://nfop.sourceforge.net/ You can, but you don't have to. There are plenty of production quality XSL-FO formatters supporting .NET. Most of them ar...

conditional running sum
Is it possible to have a conditional running sum in access. I have found for Excel but no details for access 2007. I would like to have in a report or query that will have a weekly grouping. I have a query that has calculations in it and that will be by source. I have the following sample fields: Date Adbn% 01/01/09 (Mon) 5% 01/02/09 (Tues) 6% 01/03/09 (Wed) 9% 01/04/09 (Thurs) 6% 01/05/09 (Fri) 8% I need it to end up with the following: Date Abdn% 01/01/09 5% 01/02/09 5.5% Avg of Mon&Tues 01/03/09 6.6% Avg Mon...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

I'm looking for a cookbook page format
Final copy will be bound in 6 x 9 inch format (book size). Thanks :) 2 recipes per page I'm thinking. ...

excel command that counts conditions met in 2 columns?
is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in two (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 and colB = 2) Hi You need SUMPRODUCT. Have a look here for some guidance and post back if you need some more help. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Hope this helps. Andy. "brendalw" <brendalw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21CD5F8-8679-4A8E-90FC-AA35657C19DC@microsoft.com... > is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in > two > (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 a...