Conditional Formating question - Excel 2003

Is there a way to trigger a Conditional Formatting based on the value of
another cell?

Example, if Cell B10 = 1 then Cell A10 background color change to Orange?

Thanks!
mac

0
mac
1/20/2010 2:40:37 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this...

Select cell A10

Goto the menu Format>Conditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=B10=1
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select a color of your choice
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"mac" <mac@nospan.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to trigger a Conditional Formatting based on the value of
> another cell?
>
> Example, if Cell B10 = 1 then Cell A10 background color change to Orange?
>
> Thanks!
> mac

Wow,

This is something I didn't know I could do.... This is Great!   I'll try it
at work tomorrow!

Thanks Biff!!!!!

mac

0
mac

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Question -Problem

conditional formatting sort

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Pivot Table Question #5

learning Excel #3

question on os authenticity
I purchased a laptop with Windows 2000 preinstalled from a dealer who claims to be a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. There was no COA attached to the body of the computer and he claims that he was not required to because he owns the license to it, not me. Is this correct? -- julesrh77 Good question but not for this community. You need to post your question in a Windows community. But, I think he's wrong and you should call Microsoft directly to ask them. You can find their phone number by going to www.microsoft.com. -- Charles Allen, MVP "julesrh77" wrote: > ...

number format with leading 0