Conditional Formating - Hiding actual values

Hi - I have a series of cells which have number in them. I add conditional
formats so that if the value in the cell is above certain thresholds the
cell is coloured red/amber/green (traffic light repoprts). The thing is when
the report is printed the numbers still show.

Anyone got any ideas as to how I can "blot" out the numbers so they don't
show??

I have tried colouring the numbers white/transparrent, adding conditional
formats the the font (or something similar)!!

Cheers

Andrew

0
andrew769 (6)
4/19/2005 9:14:06 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have you applied the same conditional format colour to the text as the cell?

--

HTH

RP

"andreww" <andrew@fake.com> wrote in message
> Hi - I have a series of cells which have number in them. I add conditional
> formats so that if the value in the cell is above certain thresholds the
> cell is coloured red/amber/green (traffic light repoprts). The thing is
when
> the report is printed the numbers still show.
>
> Anyone got any ideas as to how I can "blot" out the numbers so they don't
> show??
>
> I have tried colouring the numbers white/transparrent, adding conditional
> formats the the font (or something similar)!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/19/2005 9:27:25 AM
Thanks - yep! - looks ok on screen but text can be seen when printed.

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have you applied the same conditional format colour to the text as the
> cell?
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "andreww" <andrew@fake.com> wrote in message
>> Hi - I have a series of cells which have number in them. I add
>> conditional
>> formats so that if the value in the cell is above certain thresholds the
>> cell is coloured red/amber/green (traffic light repoprts). The thing is
> when
>> the report is printed the numbers still show.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas as to how I can "blot" out the numbers so they don't
>> show??
>>
>> I have tried colouring the numbers white/transparrent, adding conditional
>> formats the the font (or something similar)!!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andrew

0
andrew769 (6)
4/19/2005 9:45:18 AM
Using XP default color palette, and HP2210 printer, I have no problem hiding
the number within the cell when matching the font color to the pattern
color.

Screen *and* printout both hide the number.

Have you tried using other printers?
When was the last time you calibrated your printer?
Perhaps check for recent driver updates, revisions.
--

Regards,

RD

Thanks - yep! - looks ok on screen but text can be seen when printed.

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have you applied the same conditional format colour to the text as the
> cell?
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "andreww" <andrew@fake.com> wrote in message
>> Hi - I have a series of cells which have number in them. I add
>> conditional
>> formats so that if the value in the cell is above certain thresholds the
>> cell is coloured red/amber/green (traffic light repoprts). The thing is
> when
>> the report is printed the numbers still show.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas as to how I can "blot" out the numbers so they don't
>> show??
>>
>> I have tried colouring the numbers white/transparrent, adding conditional
>> formats the the font (or something similar)!!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andrew

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Conditions in macros
Can anyone let me know why Access insists that conditions in macrosdon't seem to support comparitive operaters for checking ranges, andonly support the Between.. And operators? I had a whole set ofconditions where some were checking between a range of numbers (suchas Age). Where I had 20<=Forms![Form1]![Age]<25, it was ignoring thecondition, but it did work when I changed it to (Forms![Form1]![Age]Between 20 And 25).Cheers,Chris For compound conditions, use this kind of construct: ([Forms]![Form1]![Age] >= 20) AND ([Forms]![Form1]![Age] <= 25)-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

how can i apply conditional formatting by code ?
Say that there is a table T_PERSONAL [Name (text), Surname (text), Salary (integer)]. I created a Tabular Form (F_PERSONAL) which retrieves information from T_PERSONAL. I want to put a image for a specific record on the form, if the record satisfy some specific criteria. For other record which does not satisfy the criteria, image should be invisible. Say that, if [Name (text)] ~text13~ is "ALBERT", Image Object ~Image13~ should be visible. I dont suppose that Image Object should be included in T_PERSONAL. It will be inserted manualy during design stage of Tabular Form. I would not as...

Hide/unhide with macro
Hi Just a small question Using macros I hide and unhide some rows for printing purposes See sample below It all works fine the only hicup I have is that I would like the return to the active cell after the macro has finished As it is now when I reveal the rows they stay selected Anybody got an idea Thank you Rex Rex, At the top of your code, insert Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = ActiveCell and at the bottom of the code, after everything has run. myCell.Select HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "RT" <rthsopmapmson@softscreen.be> wrote in message news:jHg0d.242220$oU6....

Compare two file/colunms, hide row not does not equal list.
Excel 2000 -have two files. File "A" has 1 through 4155 records (rows with three columns) in numerical order. File "B", has a list of almost 200 rows/numbers (one column) from file "A". How can I hide the rows in file "A", not are listed in file "B"? Thanks, Jerry Not sure whether you are still monitoring this post, Jerry. Anyway, here's some thoughts ventured .. Conceptually, you should be able to achieve this via setting up a helper col and then autofiltering on the helper. Let's start by simplifying the scenario by having bo...

Problem reading with Percentage values
Hi, I am using OleDB provider to read excel file. I am facing the problem when reading percentage values from some excel sheets (very rarely). Suppose a cell has 42.3%, when reading the value it comes like 0.423... but while reading other Workbook's excel sheets (for those actual value is 24.7%), it reads properly like 24.7.... When i checked excel sheet cell Format for both Workbooks, it is same with Percentage with 1 decimal. Connection String i am using to read excel sheet is Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source='" + strFilePath.R...

date format #18
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet containing lots of pivot tables. The source data contains date formulas in the following ways: =IF(FR5="","",TEXT(FR5,"yyyy-mm")) this returns dates like----- 2007-11 =IF(GM5="","",TEXT(GM5,"mmm-yy")) this returns dates like------- Nov-07 As a result, when I try to sort my pivot table data by date, the dates that are shown as Nov-07 are recognised as text therefore only allowing me to sort by alphabetical order. The dates that are like 2007-11, i am able to sort it by the earliest/latest dates. I...

Lookup Value in Workflow Template
I was trying to get lookup value in my workflow template (Email), but i could not the value appearing null (empty), while Picklist or text its appearing in my worfklow email template. why i am not getting any lookup value. Example : Owner (its not appearing). Time Create : Created on (Its appearing). early response will be much appriciated. Thanks, Syed. ...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

formatting #4
Hi, is it possible to automatically display those cells with a formula with a different format. Eg I would like 'input' cells in green, and 'calculated' cells in red. Thanks. Change color numbers to suit Sub colorcells() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection If c.HasFormula Then c.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 Else c.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End If Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:ONIaRcClJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, i...

Copy worksheets and formats
Hi, I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data to the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a way it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is the data will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand this. I can't ;+) Ken More than one way, but an easy way if each month formulas are the same is to copy Jan sheet, and paste them into the Feb a...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

How do I hide my email address when I sent an email?
How do I hide my email address when I sent an email? I just want to show my sender's name. I'm using Outlook Office 2007. "RCLVed" <RCLVed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B69651E-3B8F-4520-B477-64C38B1E4F33@microsoft.com... > How do I hide my email address when I sent an email? I just want to show > my > sender's name. I'm using Outlook Office 2007. And where are you seeing this "email address"? RCLVed wrote: > How do I hide my email address when I sent an email? I just want to show my > send...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer
Am using Access 2003 I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the repo...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

delete rows containing blank/missing values
I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road characteristic readings in two columns taken by a highly sophisticated instrument . I would like to remove the rows that the instrument missed to take the reading. Could some one help me in doing this. The normal technique would be to construct a SELECT query that returns only the rows you want. What distinguishes these rows from the others? On 10 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0800, prasanna.kusam@gmail.com wrote: >I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road >characteristic readings in two columns taken by a hi...

E-mail Templates HTML format with pictures
Is it possible to create custom templates with an HTML body, including like my company logo ? If this is possible, can any one help me.. Thank you again in advance I created a web page in MS FrontPage. Posted the page on a web server with a public address. Then copied the page into a Direct Email Template. If you don't require a logo you can just paste it from FrontPage right into the Direct Email Template. HTH Donnie Sweat "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2BF4B7E-D92E-41EC-A55A-7B53AEE60A22@microsoft.com... > Is it possible ...

Get property values from object.
Hello. I need sample code of getting properties values of a specific object, please. Thanks :) Am 19.06.2010 15:08, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > I need sample code of getting properties values of a specific object, > please. I assume that you don't know the type of the object at design time, is that right? Then you're looking for reflection: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cxz4wk15(VS.90).aspx See sub topic "Viewing Type Information", section "MemberInfo, MethodInfo, FieldInfo, and PropertyInfo" -- Armin Indeed, I am usin...

Running a mcro based on value of a cell
I have a spreadsheet that performs End Of Day calculations on Financia Market instruments. I have a large macro that runs at the end of every day,part way throug the macro i need to collect data from a column in a worksheet based o the text that appears in cell T1. In the YEARLY sheet i have columns of data that have the end of yea prices of various Financial instruments. In row 1 across the worksheet are the names,e.g Vodafone,Do Jones,Nasdaq,GBP/USD etc.Below each name is a column of 20 year data,i.e A2:A21,B2:B21,C2:C21 etc. The macro needs to look at the text in T1 and then find the a...

Conditional formatting #50
Hi, The worksheet I've been working on uses paste links to carry forward workers details from one worksheet to the next. These cells are left unprotected so the chain can be broken if a person leaves, and someone new has to be inserted. This is fine but it makes it tricky to spot where breaks occur. Can conditional formatting tell the difference between a formula and text entered? If so can someone please give me an example that I can use. Many thanks. DonH You would need to build a simple UDF Function IsFormula(rng as range) IsFormula = rng.HasFormula End Function and use t...

Conditional copy cells from one excel file into current
Hello All, Does a macro (or function or ??) exist to conditionally copy value from a stored spreadsheet into the current (open) spreadsheet? Here's the scenario: Stored spreadsheet is two columnsof text (~200 rows) : Think explici question in column one, then the correct answer in column two of th same row. Then my current (open) spreadsheet has SOME of the same questions i column one. I would like to invoke a [macro?] that, in pseudo code, does somethin similar to the following: for each row (question in column 1) of the current spreadsheet Search in column 1 of *stored* spreadshee...

How to copy custom number formats
Hello All I have a custom number format for a Excel Cell A1 which is #,##0.00 "CAD" and in A1 I now have a value 1000 CAD. I have assigned cell B1 as =A1 but an external application when the report is run populated now cell A1 as 20000 MXP and now my cell B1 says 20000 CAD and not 20000 MXP and when I check the format for B1 it still as the format as #,##0.00 "CAD" whereas now the format of my cell A1 is #,##0.00 "MXP" appears only the value and not the format is being copied. Can any of you suggest a workaround to resolve this problem. Many thanks Simon ...

extract covert dollar value in text cell to just dollar value
cell value/contents: 10 for $1,700.00 to just $1,700.00 for Cell A1 use =MID(C29,FIND("$",A1),72) this will extract everything to the right of (and including) the $ sign -- Alex Delamain ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11273 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275359 On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:08:06 -0800, "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >cell value/contents: 10 for $1,700.00 to ...

Distribution of a Value
Need some direction... I am trying to develop a bell curve that will spread a value over a number of periods. Example: 500 widgets across 62 days, how to determine the number of widgets on day 32 or 36, etc? Thanks Download a sample file from here: http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelArticles/mc/NormalDistribution-Excel.html HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "AK" wrote: > Need some direction... > > I am trying to develop a bell curve that will spread a value ov...

Zero Quantity and value
How to stop gp from posting a sales transaction with zero quantity and zero value Regards -- aboody there isn't a way short of writing a customization using dexterity to do this during posting validation. alternately I suppose you could write some vba code for the save/post so that if you query the sql data and find a record like this for the transaction you could give a message and stop the save/post from happening. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "aboody" <aboody@discussions.microsoft...