Conditional format on data change

I've a 5-column table with financial data sorted by the field "payee".
As the table is extensive I would like to highlight the row(preferably)
or the cell at each data change in the payee field.

Can this be done?
0
carygee (17)
5/1/2007 3:36:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I put some text in A10:A20 (a,a,a,b,c,c,c,........)
Selected A10:M20
Used Format | Conditional Formatting with ->
   Formula is $A10<> $A9
   opened the Pattern tab and selected a fill colour

Now the rows in range where text in A changes are coloured green
Note it colours the first row (we could do something about this if
important)

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Carygee" <carygee@aol.com> wrote in message
> I've a 5-column table with financial data sorted by the field "payee". As
> the table is extensive I would like to highlight the row(preferably) or
> the cell at each data change in the payee field.
>
> Can this be done?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

insert data after page break
I have page breaks set automatically when department changes. I would like to add data I named "DEPT" after each page break. Can anyone help me!! -- yepidu ...

moving pst data to new outlook
hi to all, i would like to move date from my office system computer to my home system ...i have exported the info and when i go to import the system tell me that i do not have the ok how do i correct this problem ??? thanks for you help You can't import directly from a read-only (eg. cd-r/rw) source. You need to copy the pst file to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. oh and one other thing... if the pst file was burned to a cdr/rw at a speed faster than 4x, it might not be readable. "james" <fdijamesm@saturn2.com> wrote in message news:204a401c4591a$4...

hyperlinks in getting external data through web query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C47E46.231F97A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 The WEB PAGE I am downloading using the WebQuery with <full Html = formatting> is something like the following=20 Symbol Name Last Trade Day's Range Volume More Info =20 ^BSESN SENSEX 3:58pm 5,233.21 5,154.32 - 5,240.29 N/A Chart, Components =20 ACC.BO A C C-A 4:00pm 261.40 255.30 - 262....

'Change Calendar Time Zone': Outlook 2007 on Vista
Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing this dialog: http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png How do I stop this? Already tried: - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for each.) - Closing the dialog without updates. - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.) - Rebooting - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.) Grateful for any suggestions -- Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. I'm having the same problem and ...

Updating Data from two different worksheets
I have two worksheets, General Ledger and Out Ledger. The general ledge lists our inventory according to a LOT ID and the total number of item in that lot; i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Total Number of Pieces column C: Balance The Out Ledger lists the number of items sold from a particular lot i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Number Sold I want to be able to calculate the Balance in the General Ledger give the Number Sold in the Out Ledger. I am having difficulty in makin sure the Lot ID's match up and that the proper cells are referenced. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appr...

Unable to use right-click on cells; standard and formatting toolbars disabled
Hello - I'm not sure what happened but a while back I started having problems with excel. First, the Standard and Formatting toolbars are no longer displaying in the toolbar area. When I use Customize toolbar they appear on the Customize-Toolbar tab, but the check-boxes to the left are disabled (i.e I can't check/uncheck them) . Second, and really important for me because I use a lot of this feature, in the working area, right-clicking no longer works. When I right-click a cell, row, or column, no right menu appears with the traditional copy, cut, paste etc or whatever. Noth...

How to change a color of a group of controls
Hello, I have the following case - on a massive dialog I have a couple of group boxes. Basically I am interested in only one of these. It has got a few controls in it - 3 static texts plus 2 date/time pickers. When one of the pickers reaches certain date I want everything on in this group to have yellow background. It looks like this is very difficult - a groupbox deas not have a interior. Therefore it is impossible to paint the whole group of controls. I was trying to first make a huge static text (without a caption) and then place the control on it. But it looks like this deas not work - w...

Exchange Server status during DST change over
Can anyone point me at a resource for what to do during DST change back to normal time? I'm not talking what patches to install or how to "fix" your computer, I'm asking what do you do with the server during the hour rollback. Every resource on the web (that I can find) just talks about patch this, run that, etc. It may be an obvious answer but what do we do during the period of change over, when the clocks go back one hour? Leave the server on, shut it down so it doesn't have any connections, or what? Let it roll into the new time or shut it down during the proble...

Event on changed comment for a cell
Hi, I'm searching for the event that detects a chnage in a comment of cell performed by a another macro (here Cognos PowerPlay for Excel). The Worksheet_Change and the Worksheet_SelectionChange events won't work. Can anybody help? I don't believe any event will detect changing a comment. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "MattiasP" <mattias.plaecking@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in message news:1121263758.570599.41530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I'm searching for the eve...

Conditional formatting & Vlookup
Hi there Has any one a solution for validation lotto numbers. In row 2 for example I have up to six numbers between 1 and 50 in colums 2 to 7 In rows 5 to 10 I have random numbers between 1 and 50 in colums 2 to 7. For each cell I want to mark with a green background a match with the numbers in row 2. Thank you very much Jean-Paul Hahn Use the COUNTIF() Function in Conditional formatting. If the 6 numbers are in Range B2:F2 and you have randon numbers in Range B10:G15, then select the latter range, ener Conditional Formatting fro mthe Format menu. Choose "Formula Is" and ...

How can I use conditional formating between two sheets in one work
If employee number 5263 found in sheet 2, show the raw in main data on sheet 1 in red, for instance. ok this is how i did it use a helper column and a vlookup formula back at sheet 2 =IF(VLOOKUP($G$11,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$8,1,FALSE)=A8,"found","") so if employees name is found on sheet 2 this formula returns found on the same row as the emplyees name conditional formatting for this row is =c8="found" i had to change the formatting formula for each row,hopefully there is an easy way! -- paul paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz remove nospam for email addy! "...

Data Sychronization Error in CRM Outlook
When I go online with a few of my CRM For Outlook Clients I get a "Data Sychronization Error". I get provided with three options: 1. Proceed with going online, but save the data changes offline for the next time you synchronize 2. Stay offline and try to fix the errors so all the data will synchronize 3. Finish going online and do not save the data changes made offline Thanks, James ...

How to add a singe symbol to the whole column data?
Dear Friends, I have a simple problem. In my spreadsheet there are 8 columns and 18.000 rows. I need to combine two colums "date of birth" and "sample date", but between them there should be "c": Ex: Date of Birth Sample Date [10/01/1960] [10/10/2005] I do not know how to create new column like this: [10/01/1960 c 10/10/2005] Thanks in advance Daniel Try something like this: C1: =A1&" c "&B1 Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "usmleboy" wrote: > Dear F...

Vertical Gridlines & Data Marker
Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align with the gridlines of the data tables. I am wondering how it can be aligned. Secondly, I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside virtical gridlines of X scales. I am also wondering how to place it on the center. Hi Gary, In my version of Excel they are. Try it with a line chart. In Excel 2007 you might have to make an adjustment. We need more info. With a data table the markers are placed between the vertical gridlines, if you don't like that you can remove the data table and then format th...

Reports in column format
My report page set-up is for 3 columns with zero spacing between columns. There is a box around the set of controls. I have the palette narrowed to the absolute minimum width so that there is no working space to the right of my controls. The result is a calendar-like presentation. The problem arises when I want to center text in the headers and footers. If I simply place my header text in the header section, it will appear more or less towards the left side of the page. In order to get it centered, I have to widen the palette and then center the text manually. If I do this, then...

complex conditional format
I have a cell value based on a calculation,which gives me any one of 7 values.The cell values are:-"DEAD","DEAD & DEAD","DEAD & LIVE","LIVE & DEAD","LIVE","LIVE & LIVE",BLANK CELL. I would like to apply conditional format of that cell-"DEAD" word to red bold font 11 with a color shade,and "LIVE" word to blue bold font11 with the same color shade.Since I can apply only three conditions and a cell value can't accept two formats at a time,I am unable to do the task.Can any one suggest me h...

Changing font colour in some cells
Hi I am quite new to Excel! I can change the appearance of text using bold, italic and underline but am having problems with colour. When I select an active cell and click on a colour nothing seems to happen. If I go back to the cell and double click it shows the text in the colour I want but when I move to another cell it reverts to black. Can anyone help please? Does this happen with all workbooks or just one? If the latter, maybe there is some event code behind the sheet. On the tab name, right-click and select View Code from the menu, if you see some code delete it. -- HTH Bob P...

Change chart range with macro
Greetings. I am trying to name a variable that is the last row of data in a range, then use that variable in a chart's range. I tried inserting it where the last row would be, but it is not working, like this "A20:A & LstRow,... Anyone have any ideas? LstRow = [B51].End(xlUp).Row MsgBox (LstRow) Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Mar").Range( _ "A20:A & LstRow,C20:C46,E20:E46,G20:G46,I20:I46,K20:K46,M20:M46"), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocatio...

Change the order in which Internet email accounts are checked
Hi all, The closest thing I can find in the help file says: In the Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts. Click the Directory Service tab. Click Set Order. Click a directory service, and then click Move Up or Move Down. Seems simple enough, except that I want to change the order in which MAIL accounts are checked (I don't even know what these "directory services" are) and the "Set Order" button always seems to be grayed out when I click the "Mail" tab. Any suggestions? Outlook 2000, on Win98. Thanks, John Nasta Responding to m...

All data on pivot table rows
The table below is an example of a pivot table query. Is there some option that I can select that will cause each line to contain all values (e.g. Row 2 Column 1 would contain 16/03 and Row 2 Column 2 would contain Mon, and so on). 16/03 Mon Admin 0.4 C2000 0.6 Dale 8.3 Tue Dale 7.5 Wed Admin 0.9 Dale 7.5 Thu ACM 0.5 Dale 8.5 Fri ACM 1 Admin 1 Dale 6.1 The row headings show once in...

Two conditions in IF statement
Hello, I am trying to write a macro which uses If statements subject to two logic checks. Example Sub test() IF(A3>=B3 & A3<=C3) Then Range("B7").Select Selection.Copy .... End IF End Sub Any help on this is much appreciated. Thanks One way: Public Sub Test() If Range("A3").Value >= Range("B3").Value And _ Range("A3").Value <= Range("C3").Value Then Range("B7").Copy '... End If End Sub In article <1119642630.549774.305010@g14g2000cwa.goog...

VBA code to Add data to exsiting worksheet
Hi, I got this code from the net, but I wish to modify it so that it ca add data to the exsiting Master sheet whenever a new worksheet has bee added to the exsiting workbook which already contain other sheets. also try with the Function LastRow but it didn't give the results want. :confused: I hope some experts can please kindly help to take look to modify the codes. Any similar ideas also accepted. Thankyou very much for any guides. The codes are as below: Option Explicit Sub CopyRange() Dim sh As Worksheet Dim DestSh As Worksheet Dim Last As Long If SheetExists("Master&quo...

problem saving changes to web page in publisher 2003
I have a website that I created in pub 2003. I make changes to my original document, publish it to the web and then follow the procedure to upload it to the host site. Every page EXCEPT the first page (my home page) will save. I can not get the home page to save. When I go into the index files I see all the pages except my first page. Can someone PLEASE help me! I am getting so frustrated. I have tried everything. I appreciate your input! ...

Conditional formatting and then counting specifics within it.
I have a work book that can have up to 100 sheets within it. An example of a sheet is:- Col B Col F Col N Col AM Col AN Col AO Col AP Test 1 12/03/03 1 01/01/03 31/03/03 01/01/02 31/03/02 Test 2 01/01/03 5 01/04/03 31/08/03 01/04/02 31/08/02 Test 3 01/09/03 2 01/09/03 31/12/03 01/09/02 31/12/02 Test 4 12/12/03 2 Test 5 14/04/03 3 Test 6 12/03/03 1 Column B hold a name. Column F holds a date of birth. Column N hold a number in the range 1 to 5. Columns AM to AP are start and end dates for current year and previous year for specific periods in the format dd/mm/yy. I have used 3 Conditiona...

Currency Formatting.
I have formatted number ( say 53.345 ) to currency format with $ symbol and 2 decimals. When I do this, I don't see any change in the display. But when I place my cursor in the cell and press return, then the format changes to currency. Please note that the data is coming from Query thru ODBC connection to SYBASE. Thx. That is because the data is importing as text, which doesn't format, and only gets converted to a number, which does format, when you edit it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "John Smith" <John Smith@discussi...