Condition based on format?

The cells with the expenses I want to exclude are formatted in
different color.  Is there any way to write a formula or macro so i
excludes based on the color of a cell?

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Would depend upon how they got colored.

If through Conditional Formatting, you could use the same condition(s) to
exclude.

If manually colored, you will need VBA code.

See Chip Pearson's site for working with colors.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:16:13 -0500, msherman83
<<msherman83.187w0z@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>The cells with the expenses I want to exclude are formatted in a
>different color.  Is there any way to write a formula or macro so it
>excludes based on the color of a cell?
>
>Thanks!
>

>---

Gord
6/21/2004 10:17:37 PM
You can use a userdefined function to return the value of the color (in a helper
cell??) and then use that in your other formulas:

Chip Pearson has some sample code at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

(if the color is set via Format|conditional formatting, this won't work)

"msherman83 <" wrote:

> The cells with the expenses I want to exclude are formatted in a
> different color.  Is there any way to write a formula or macro so it
> excludes based on the color of a cell?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson