compute one of two missing value?

I want to create a table like this:

column A is the name of the person
column B is height in feet
column C is height in meters

How do I set it up so that if I enter a number in the feet column, excel
would calculate and fill in the meter column, and if I fill in the meter
column, excel would calculate and fill in the feet column?

0
james
3/6/2010 3:02:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

use a worksheet_change event
if target.column=2 then target.offset(,1)=target*_____
if target.column=3 then target.offset(,-1)=target/_____

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I want to create a table like this:
>
> column A is the name of the person
> column B is height in feet
> column C is height in meters
>
> How do I set it up so that if I enter a number in the feet column, excel
> would calculate and fill in the meter column, and if I fill in the meter
> column, excel would calculate and fill in the feet column?

0
Don

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

PASTING VALUES
When I try to copy the formula in a cell that is a merge of 3 columns as a VALUE using Paste Special to a similar cell of 3 merged columns, it is not accepted. What's the problem? I have no problem copying formulas or formats in the same situation. Thanks try Range("d1:f1").Copy Range("h1:j1") or Range("h1:j1").Value = Range("d1:f1").Value or even Range("h1").Value = Range("d1") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Maureen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:206901c4860...

fill formulas and values
Not sure how to fill down formulas, with either dragging or CTRL-D,without taking along formats, colours, borders (especially) etc with them. A real pain having to re-format a sheet every time I auto-fill...surely there is an easier way to do this. Cheers! M Have you tried copying and using Edit > Paste Special > Formulas? HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Not sure how to fill down formulas, with either dragging or CTRL-D,without >taking along formats, colours, borders (especially) etc with them. >A real pain having to re-format a sheet every...

How do I duplicate value in multiple worksheets in same workbook?
When I change the value in Worksheet A, Cell C4 I want it to als change the value in Cell D8 in Worksheet B. How do I do this -- jwnorri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jwnorris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49042 In D8 of worksheet B enter =worksheetA!C4 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:03:17 -0600, jwnorris <jwnorris.1zh7im_1133633401.2853@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >When I change the value in ...

Need to solve for the total value of a commercial lease
I hope my grid below looks OK once it is posted. I need a formula to solve for cell G3. I need a single cell formula to solve for the total value of a commercial lease given the initial annual rent, the rent increase percentage and how often (in years) that the rent is increased. Any ideas? A B C D E F G 1 Total Value 2 Tenant SF $/SF Term (yrs) Increase amount % Every X years of Lease 3 Ross 30,000 7.00 10 5% 2 ...

Concatenating two conditions in a "IF" Formula.
Hi, Can anyone advice me how to concatenate two conditions in a "IF" formula? Thanks and regards. Ringo Hi do you mean something like =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=2),"Match","no match") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ringo tan" <ringotan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A9C0093A-7C59-4F9F-A6ED-2B4CA57694DB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone advice me how to concatenate two conditions in a "IF" formula? > > Thanks and regards. > > > Ringo Maybe..... =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=2),CONCATENATE(A1...

Excel 07
I have a stacked chart with one series showing positive values, and two other series showing negative values. When I add data labels, they only appear on the positive value series. Even when I click on the negative series, I get the menu to format the data labels, but in no way, shape, or form are they actually visible on my chart. Any thoughts? Thanks! I used this data Group Alpha Beta A 1 -1 B 2 -4 C 3 -6 D 4 -4 E 5 -3 Made a stacked column chart Added data labels to each data series; both were visible Changed chart type to Line and to Bar and data labels remained visible What to se...

Window defender missing?
I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine. My Start/All Programs does not contain it. I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if it is mentioned there - it isn't. Shouldn't it appear some place - I like to check if it is really installed. Thank " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:i0gv03$avf$1@news.eternal-september.org... >I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine. > My Start/All Programs does not contain it. > I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if i...

Emailing More than one Page Newsletter
The newsletter that I created is 4 pages long. How do I email this? I would like to send it "as message"; but when I click that option, only the first page appears. Thanks! -- Debbie Redrover1958 wrote: > The newsletter that I created is 4 pages long. How do I email this? I would > like to send it "as message"; but when I click that option, only the first > page appears. Thanks! http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/multipageemail -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Vlookup for two sheets in same workbook
Ok. I am desparate. I've working on this for hours; I have VIN numbers in sheet 1 in the range I2:I5521 I have VIN numbers in sheet 2 in the range G2:G4717. I need to see if the VIN numbers in sheet 2 are on sheet 1, of so highlight the cell or delete the VIN number. I'd really like to delete the duplicate. Roberta select column G in the second worksheet and name it "ColumnG" without the quotes. Then, select cells I2 down to I5521 in the first worksheet and choose Format Conditional Formatting... Change Condition 1 to: Formula: =VLOOKUP(I2,ColumnG,1,FALSE)=I2 ...

How to advance date field by one day on mouse click?
I have a date field in a form and I want to be able to advance whatever date is presently in it by one day with a click of the mouse. What do I enter in the On click property of the field? Thanks. "SamJ" <me@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.2224e53f6638ce999896e7@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk... >I have a date field in a form and I want to be able to advance whatever > date is presently in it by one day with a click of the mouse. What do I > enter in the On click property of the field? > Thanks. Better to use the + and - keys, but here's the code you ne...

Count distinct days from two groups of days
Hello, Can anybody help please? I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And have had to do this twice. So now have two counts that I will add together. But if the same particular date is in both count sets I dont want to count it twice? Hope this makes sense, Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:51:01 -0800, Colin <Colin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can anybody help please? > >I have used Networkdays() to count the working days between two dates. And >have had to do this twice. So now have...

Combine two sets of overlapping Date/Time data into 3 columns.
I have two sets of data with Date/Time. One set has a fixed interval, the second is more sporadic. I am trying to combine into these sets into one table with the data from one set next to the corresponding data from the second set. For example: A B C D 4/22/2010 9:00 000 4/22/2010 9:01 777 4/22/2010 9:01 111 4/22/2010 9:03 888 4/22/2010 9:02 222 4/22/2010 9:06 999 4/22/2010 9:03 333 4/22/2010 9:04 444 4/22/2010 9:05 555 4/22/2010 9:06 666 Output: A ...

transfer 'auto-correct list to newer computer
I bouht a new computer and want to use my auto correct words in excel. How do I transfer these words or the list? I like to do it this way. Old pc. Open excel. Make a minor change to the autocorrection list. close excel. search for *.acl and copy the one with the latest date. New pc. Open excel. Make a minor change to the autocorrection list. close excel. search for *.acl. Make note of the path/filename for that latest version of *.acl. Put the old pc's *.acl in that folder under that name. Then back to both pc's and clean up that minor change. whsaw2 wrote: > > I bouh...

Internet Headers Missing (SENT ONLY)
All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007. Is this a know issue? -3mtsys -- 3mtsys http://forums.slipstick.com The internet header is available only for received items. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:09:05 -0500 schrieb 3mtsys: > All Sent Internet Headers are Missing in Outlook 2007. > Is this a know issue? > > -3mtsys Thank you for your reply. I would like to know more about the extent of this pro...

only one page of website shows
Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when i do File, Web Page Preview. Same thing when i actually publish to the web, just see the first page and no indication that there are even multiple pages. I tried saving as Single File Web Page and also Web Page but didn't make a difference. It does say Web Publication at the top of the Publisher screen. this happens even for the 3 page wizard-created website. Help!!! Thanks!!! david wrote: > Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when > i do File, Web Page Preview. Sam...

nesting functions to compare segments of two columns
In Excel I would like to nest functions to make the formula =MAX(OFFSET((ADDRESS((MATCH(I1,F1:F8000)),6)):(ADDRESS((MATCH(I2,F1:F8000)),6)),0,1)) The part =ADDRESS((MATCH(I1,F1:F8000)),6) works on its own as does =MAX(OFFSET(F14:F23,0,1)) but they don’t work together. The intent is to be able to type in two numbers; a minimum value (I1) and a maximum value (I2). The location of those values would then be identified in a column of ascending numbers (F) but the numbers would make a range separated by a variable number of other cells dependant on the min & max inputs. Th...

How do I get my e-mail accounts to open on home, office computers
I have tried to get my office computer and my home computer where they can access all of my e-mail acct.'s. No luck... called server repeatedly and can not get my office computer to receive messages... majority go to my home. Is there anyway of doing this without paying for an additional service? I'm restricted to one company for service at this time... sschmitz <sschmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried to get my office computer and my home computer where > they can access all of my e-mail acct.'s. No luck... called server > repeatedly and c...

dynamic value display in a chart
i have a line chart that is being updated every day. I am trying to find a way to display the last day's value and this one only without having to manually select the data point every day. Any idea? Thx In article <04d801c399a3$44597c20$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > i have a line chart that is being updated every day. I am > trying to find a way to display the last day's value and > this one only without having to manually select the data > point every day. Any idea? > Thx > On the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Char...

Combine several records into one
Greetings, I have a database of magazine subscriptions in which each record represents a single subscription. There are multiple subscriptions to many of the magazines and I'd like to take a group of records like those below and combine them into one record. This new record could replace the first record, could be a new record on the existing sheet, could replace all the records on which it is based, or could be on a new sheet. I only need one method. Thanks for your attention. Tom Title Branch code AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AH AMERICAN GIRL /**/ AU AMERICAN GIRL /**/ CA AMERICAN GIRL /...

Copy cells values at a particular time and date
Hello, I would like to be able to copy cells for their values at a particular date and time. i.e A1 has the value of 4 on 16/08/03 but is 5 on the 17/08/03, I would like to copy these values onto two cells automatically. please help or I will have a huge amount of admin work to do. Thanks in advance Geraint Do you want to copy that cell every time it changes or just at some specific time and date? What date? What time? HTH Otto "Geraint" <geraintathomas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08b601c363f3$c93062a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I would ...

Skipping Zero values for plots
Hi, How do I make a chart such that if I have some zero values then those dont get plotted (especially in case of Line charts). Rather if I have values Oct 56 Nov 0 Dec 100 Then I would have only a straight line from Oct to Dec. I might have such zero value pattern for many data points. Is this possible to achieve without any complicated manipulation (I think I have one in mind). regards, HP India Two methods: 1) replace 0 (or blank) by =NA() which displays as #N?A or 2) delete 0 in data; click chart; use Tools | Options and open Chart tab; specify how missing data is to be treated bes...

Summing fields between two dates
I think I know how to do this but any extra help would be appreciated. I have a table with four fields - net sales, payin date, payin number, and payin amount. What I want to do is create a query that will summarize all of the amounts in "net sales" within a specified date range. I thought an expression reading SUM([net sales]) BETWEEN [start date] AND [end date] would work, but it doesn't. Suggestions? -- Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations SELECT SUM( [net sales] ) FROM tableNameHere WHERE fieldWithDateHere BETWEEN [start date] ...

Excel should provide the facility to compare two spreadsheets
Excel only synchronises the 2 windows in the so-called "Compare Side by Side" feature. This is misleading as the comparison has to be made manually by the user, and is also is not stated in the help. This feature should be called "synchronised windows", and a proper compare feature added to the tools menu. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Can I use a split scale on a value (Y) axis?
If the maximum of one data point is much greater than that of all the other data points, is is possible to split the scale on the Y axis, so I can enlarge the lower data points and still show the max of the largest data? yes see Tushar Methta's page "deswork" <deswork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:650D3409-2504-4963-A465-171326369E03@microsoft.com... > If the maximum of one data point is much greater than that of all the other > data points, is is possible to split the scale on the Y axis, so I can > enlarge the lower data points and still ...