Compile error in hidden module?

Hi everone,

In a workbook I am using, everytime I try to open the file I am getting
a "Microsoft Visual Basic" window saying:

"Compile error in hidden module: This workbook"

What does that mean and how can trace it?

Regards,
Mike

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410
I suggest the latest version of reader. FAST    .
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Mike" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everone,
>
> In a workbook I am using, everytime I try to open the file I am getting
> a "Microsoft Visual Basic" window saying:
>
> "Compile error in hidden module: This workbook"
>
> What does that mean and how can trace it?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

0
Don
4/11/2005 2:48:07 PM
Mike

Couple of things to look at.

Check this KB article.

XL: Compile Error in Hidden Module Tbrun97.xls

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066

Or this one.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410
OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
     Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 11 Apr 2005 07:27:06 -0700, "Mike" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi everone,
>
>In a workbook I am using, everytime I try to open the file I am getting
>a "Microsoft Visual Basic" window saying:
>
>"Compile error in hidden module: This workbook"
>
>What does that mean and how can trace it?
>
>Regards,
>Mike

0
Gord
4/11/2005 7:39:58 PM
The others have pointed you to a cause that was/is attributed to a
widely distributed add-in.  However, the same error message will result
from a problem in any add-in that is password protected or any COM add-
in.  If the solution that the others have pointed you to does not solve
your problem, you should investigate other installed add-ins.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
  + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article <1113229626.615301.108000@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
mas_it_2000@yahoo.com says...
> Hi everone,
>
> In a workbook I am using, everytime I try to open the file I am getting
> a "Microsoft Visual Basic" window saying:
>
> "Compile error in hidden module: This workbook"
>
> What does that mean and how can trace it?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

0
Tushar

error 1907 could not register font
When installing publisher 2002 I get this error message on several fonts. "Error 1907 could not register font" http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?pcode=ALL&articleid=Q107384& -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "JL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030901c39f41$131ca1c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When installing publisher 2002 I get this error message > on several fonts. "Error 1907 could not register font" ...

Linker Errors while compiling Release Build
Hello Folks: This is driving me nuts. I have a MFC dll project that links to some static libs. When I tried to compile my dll, I get following linker warnings: mfcs42.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "mfc42d.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library mfcs42.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "mfco42d.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library mfcs42.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "mfcd42d.lib" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library mfcs42.lib(nolib.obj) : warning ...

outlook express 6, error on load
Recently have been getting the following error everytime I start Outlook express: msnmsgr has caused an error in kernel32.dll. msnmsgr will now close. I get the error 2 times, click on close, errors clear and outlook seems to work OK. How can I fix this? running Wme, outlook express 6 Thank you, Hi Mike, Msnmsgr is an executable file for MSN, are you an MSN subsciber? You should contact MSN regarding this error message. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-...

Error Mess when open spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet . There are no macros, When i open it I get an error message: It doe not display anythng and has while background, when i press ok it shuts. I get the following erro message. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 0167:308d0b99. Registers: EAX=00629c74 CS=0167 EIP=308d0b99 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00628684 EBP=0062868c ECX=00000002 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=215f EDX=00000008 ES=016f EDI=00629c74 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b ca 83 e1 03 f3 a4 5f 5e 5d c3 8b 4d 10 Stack dump: ffffffd8 00000000 00629db4 30251402 00629c74 00000000...

error C2143 #2
I'm getting these error messages when I try to build. I haven't edited the header file and don't see anything wrong. Does anyone know what is going on here? I get the error in both places where there is a #include "errorDoalog.h". Error messages at bottom. Thanks Mike #if !defined(AFX_ERRORDIALOG_H__9F80CB41_32F3_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_ERRORDIALOG_H__9F80CB41_32F3_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif // _MSC_VER > 1000 // errorDialog.h : header file // //////////////////////////////////////////////...

Next without For Error
I have been trying to run the following code, and am getting a Next without For Error Any Ideas? Jim Berglund Sub DelRows() Dim i, n As Long Dim wsNumFrum As Worksheet Set wsNumFrum = Worksheets("Numbers from Reverse Directory") n = wsNumFrum.Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row For i = 1 To n If Range(Cells(i, 1)).Value = "" Then Range(Cells(i, 1), Cells(i, 5)).ClearContents Else Range(Cells(i, 1)).Select If Left(Cells(i, ...

CRM 3.0 Report Scheduling error
My standard and custom reports run fine but I am unable to schedule them and only get this error information: "Unable to process the scheduling or snapshot options that you selected." I am using a domain login with Admin and Customizer privileges in CRM as well as full rights in Report Manager. I can't find anything on this error. Can anybody provide any insight? Thanks! url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1265-1.aspx ...

Jscript Error and Numeric Fields erasing upon lost focus
Aarrghhhhhh! I am at my wits end with this one. I am getting the following error message when trying to customize a form by adding elements that has manifested itself recently (the only one in my company to have this issue). The worst part of it all (besides being able to manage CRM customization), is that in a regular form (i.e., opportunities) when a numeric amount is entered, the value is erased when the element loses focus (when I click save/close for example). Here is the error message, and what I (and my OPs guys) have tried. "An Error has occurred in the script...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

Module corruption
Has anyone ever seen this before? I have an Access 2002 project file (connected to SQL Server 2005). When I try to open the code window, Access crashes. I've narrow the problem down to one module so I'm guessing there's corruption in that module. I created a new project file and imported all the forms. I can import all the modules except for one. Is there any way to retrieve the one module that's causing the crash that anyone knows of? I've tried a repair several times Thanks for any help on this... S Thanks Tom. I'll try that. I can just recheck the "P&...

0x8024D077 error code
We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the Windows Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded all 3 service packs from Microsoft download site. Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the Windows Update Files: REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DL...

Outlook error #19
Out of office assistanty cannot be displayed, Has anybody recieived this error? I found the article on the solution. However it is not specific to the exchange server or a client side problem. Since the problem occured I have several users that get the message which leads me to believe the problem is on the server. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave Really, as an admin, you should know better than to post this without at least a mention or 2 of the exchange version, outlook version, and whether it ever worked or when it stopped. Also, a mention of the EXACT error message and what MSKB article...

trace1 can't be compile?
My enviormentis Vc6.0, in a project, i add trace1 for output ,but compile error?? why?? error C2065: 'LL' : undeclared identifier Probably because the name is TRACE1, not trace1 joe On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:05:50 +0800, "lynhoo" <lynhoo@sina.com.cn> wrote: >My enviormentis Vc6.0, in a project, i add trace1 for output ,but compile >error?? why?? > >error C2065: 'LL' : undeclared identifier > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Thanks your reply! ...

Error opening Excel File
Hi, I'm currently having these days an error while opening an excel sheet. The sheet is shared among five users. When one tries to open it, a message indicates that the file is locked for editing by another user and after checking with the user, I understand that he has already closed the file but the latter remains locked. Can someone help? ...

Error Converting Secure Files to 2003....PLEASE HELP!!!
I have a Secure Access Database that I created in Access 2000, when I installed Office 2003 it no longer works and crahes Access. I've also tried converting the file using the convertion tool but I get an error that I don't have permission to make changes. I can open the file long enough to get to the switchboard but if I click on an item that opens a report or query .....Access crashes. Also, when I open the 2000, most of the menu items that would normally be there are not. Please, if someone has heard of this and knows how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Dave ...

License Error
Hi, All of a sudden, everybody in our organization is getting the message--License Error--when trying to log onto CRM. Even the administrator account is locked out and the Deployment Manager won't launch. Does anybody know either what might be happening or how to fix this? Everything else in our domain is working correctly--there are no dns problems or logon problems. I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance, --John Remember, the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. Has anything been changed in your Active Directory, or was a CRM Business Unit disable...

Picking Ticket Import/Export Error
Hi, I am trying to modify Picking ticket. I save it. When I try to export or import I get an error that it references a non-existent script. This is with the modified or plan jane stock one. Any ideas. Thanks Dexter Southerland ...

Unexpected Error when sending an email
Hello all, We're using v1.2 and installed SFO. We are getting an "Unexpected Error" when we send an email either through CRM or in Outlook. I'm not sure where to look to find out the source of the problem. Anyone else encounter this and have a solution? Would really appreciate any help on this. Thanks Richard. Richard - there should be an error written to the Application Log on the CRM server - can you post it's contents? Assuming you are using the CRM Exchange Router software, it's quite likley a permission problem on the router's web site. Dave Ir...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

Outlook Express Error creating folders
Every time I try to create a net folder in Outlook Express I get an error stating "The folder could not be created an error occured" I am trying to create sub-folders within by inbox. I have tried reinstalling Outlook Express, but the error still occurs. The folder creation feature was working at one time, because I have 10 subfolders at this time, but I need to create more. I am running Outlook Express 6. Please help! ...

solution: o2k sp3 abnormal termination error
After I installed SP3 for Outlook 2000 (WinXP) I couldn't open mail or write new messages. I got a Visual C++ "abnormal program termination" error. Excel and Autocad stopped working as well. I noticed that my .pdf icons were broken on the destop, so I uninstalled Acrobat 6.0 Pro. Since then everything started working again. I hope this helps all of you out there with this same problem. Spread the word if it does. ...

CRM 3.0 error 08-07-06
I am getting this error message "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system administrator" This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor. This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can access the web UI but not the two above program. I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same result. Logon by Administrator, Open CRM via IE, and then go to [Settings]-&...

UGH! 'patch package' error message
Not sure what happened, as I didn't make any changes to Outlook, but when I came back this afternoon, I discovered that I'm getting hung up in Outlook - needing to close down all the time, but never restarting Outlook successfully. I tried updating, but it won't do the updates because of a 'patch package' error. I can't uninstall because of the same issue, nor can I install/repair using the disc. I can't scan for updates on the support website, and when I download the system register key editor or whatever, that doesn't work either! HELP! You first...

Reading XML Encoding errors
I am programming an XML reader in VB.NET 2005 and it works fairly well. Once in a while though I encounter an old XML file without the header <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> It craps out on the Load with an error similar to "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 5475070". After some research the character in question is the copyright character. My question is how can i force the reader to assume UTF-8? It seems like my other newer files do not have this problem, just my older files. I want to be able to catch this error and then...

Error Message In Outlook #4
For some reason I'm getting an error - no transport provider is available. This is the first time I'm getting this error. Anyone know what this means and how to resolve? Version???? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Harry Nash <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | For some reason I'm getting an error - no transport | provider is available. | | This is the first time I'm getting this error. Anyone | know what this means and how to resolv...