Compare and align rows of multiple but differing columns of data #2

I have a table of 4 columns.  One column has county names, one
population and the other two have data relative to the county name for
the given year.  Each year a new set of 4 columns is generated.
However, some but not all of the county names are in the subsequent
year.  Same thing for each successive year.  How can I:

1) Match the counties from year to year so they align in a row with
corresponding data?  What happens if year being used for comparison
doesn't have county appearing in later year?
2) Make master list of counties (in left column) for all that have
appeared in the data sets?
3) Perform this operation on multiple years worth of data at a time.

Typically I need to create a table that has a list in the left column
of all the county names that have appeared in any of the subject years
(year one might have 25 names, year two 30 but some will obviously be
different and not all of year one will be included, year three 22 etc).
 I then need to extract and list next to the county names, a specific
column of corresponding data (in this case the population of the
county)

I can send file of raw data and the sorted finished table if my example
explained above does not clearly explain the problem I am trying to
solve.

Thank you

0
theezu (3)
6/6/2006 4:04:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Contacts in Exchange #2

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

data sort

Goal Seek #2

Pulling data from separate tabs

Formula for cross tab data filling

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Help with importing data

predict future data

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...