compare 2 lists and common ones display on the 3rd column

Hi,

Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones
that occur in both lists to a 3rd column?

Thanks.
Elaine.

0
elaine216 (15)
7/5/2006 5:26:19 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use a macro:-

Sub CompareAndPutinColumn3()
j = 1
For i = 1 To Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(1))
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(2), Cells(i, 1)) >
0 Then
        Cells(j, 3) = Cells(i, 1)
    j = j + 1
    End If
Next i
End Sub

somethinglikeant

elaine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones
> that occur in both lists to a 3rd column?
>
> Thanks.
> Elaine.

0
abmorgan (17)
7/5/2006 5:38:15 PM
thanks!!!

somethinglikeant wrote:
> Use a macro:-
>

> Sub CompareAndPutinColumn3()
> j = 1
> For i = 1 To Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(1))
>     If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(2), Cells(i, 1)) >
> 0 Then
>         Cells(j, 3) = Cells(i, 1)
>     j = j + 1
>     End If
> Next i
> End Sub
>
> somethinglikeant
>
> elaine wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones
> > that occur in both lists to a 3rd column?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Elaine.

0
elaine216 (15)
7/11/2006 2:48:24 PM
thanks!!!

somethinglikeant wrote:
> Use a macro:-
>

> Sub CompareAndPutinColumn3()
> j = 1
> For i = 1 To Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(1))
>     If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(2), Cells(i, 1)) >
> 0 Then
>         Cells(j, 3) = Cells(i, 1)
>     j = j + 1
>     End If
> Next i
> End Sub
>
> somethinglikeant
>
> elaine wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones
> > that occur in both lists to a 3rd column?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Elaine.

0
elaine216 (15)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page

update column

OWA jumping mouse

Offline folder problems #2

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

VCard issue #2

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2