Comments Display

Hello all,

I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the immediate
window without having to scroll left or right.  In the far right column I
inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of view,
I have to scroll right to read it.

Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the
screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to scroll
to read it?  Thanks in advance.

-S
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Comments always display to the right of the cell they are in.  So you will
need to add the comment to a cell further to the left.

If this helps, please click the Yes button,

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Scientific" <Scientific@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the
> immediate
> window without having to scroll left or right.  In the far right column I
> inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of
> view,
> I have to scroll right to read it.
>
> Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the
> screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to
> scroll
> to read it?  Thanks in advance.
>
> -S

Hi Scientific,

Use following command:-
After inserting Comment, come out. Now again, right click on the cell and
choose "Show Comment" and then drag that comment section to the location
where ever you want.

Hope this helps..!!
--
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)

"Scientific" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the immediate
> window without having to scroll left or right.  In the far right column I
> inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of view,
> I have to scroll right to read it.
>
> Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the
> screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to scroll
> to read it?  Thanks in advance.
>
> -S
0
DILipandey (41)
3/20/2009 7:40:06 AM
But when you hover the mouse again, it's still to the right, not where you
dragged it.
Bob Umlas
"DILipandey" <DILipandey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Scientific,
>
> Use following command:-
> After inserting Comment, come out. Now again, right click on the cell and
> choose "Show Comment" and then drag that comment section to the location
> where ever you want.
>
> Hope this helps..!!
> --
> Dilip Kumar Pandey
> MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)
> dilipandey@yahoo.com
> dilipandey@gmail.com
> New Delhi, India
>

> "Scientific" wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the
>> immediate
>> window without having to scroll left or right.  In the far right column I
>> inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of
>> view,
>> I have to scroll right to read it.
>>
>> Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the
>> screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to
>> scroll
>> to read it?  Thanks in advance.
>>
>> -S

0
rumlas (268)
3/20/2009 1:47:11 PM
Debra Dalgleish has some code on her website to fix this :

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Centre

--

HTH,

RD

"Scientific" <Scientific@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the immediate
window without having to scroll left or right.  In the far right column I
inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of
view,
I have to scroll right to read it.

Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the
screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to
scroll
to read it?  Thanks in advance.

-S

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

formatting comment's background color
How does one format the background color of a comment. I inherited a spreadsheet recently, and the existing comments have a yellow background and mine have white. I want to change the yellow background to white to match the rest of the comments. (I know I could delete and re-create the yellow-background comments, but it seems so inefficient.) Edit>Comment Right-click on Comment Border and Format Comment Choose the color you want. To change the default Insert>Comment background color requires you go into Windows>Appearance Settings. See Debra Dalgleish'...

Displaying the label of the selected Option Button
Hi, in Word 2003, how can I display elesewhere in the doc the label associated with the radio/option button that the user has selected? Has this something to do with Fields? I can't seem to work out how to do it. Any thoughts please? Can I suggest that you don't use activex controls in a document. They are primarily intended for web page creation. Use instead check boxes - which can emulate the action of radio buttons with the aid of macros. - http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm However to answer the question asked, radio buttons work in group...

batch comment #2
POP Batch Comment is not stored anywhere in the system. ------=_NextPart_0001_D35E2033 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit CJ, Most all of Great Plains batches are are stored in the SY00500 file along with their attending detail. As with those same modules, POP Batch Comments are stored in the BCHCOMNT field in that table. It is possible that could have been a bug that it wasn't copied for some reason but a quick test of entering one, saving it, then pulling it back up again proved that the Comment was really saved. A checked of the table verified that it w...

outlook 2000 display size
How can I change the complete display size on Outlook 2000? Needs to be bigger. -- Richard Ator Natty Flatt USA http://nattyflatt.blogspot.com/ Always remember before you can become old and wise you must be young and stupid. I'm stuck somewhere in between. Richard <reator@lipan.net> wrote: > How can I change the complete display size on Outlook 2000? Needs to > be bigger. Just like any Windows application: click on the borders and drag them. -- Brian Tillman I guess I need to give more details. How do I change the font size of the entire screen? The complete ...

How to display query criteria in my Report?
Hi, I have searched but found no answers, so I guess this is standard :P Anyhow, how do I get a certain fields query criteria written in the report? (For example, my data source is a query that selects all customers (cust_id) with annual turnover gretater than 10,000 (criteria is >10000). Now, sometimes I change the criteria so it would be nice to have it dynamically turn up on the report (rather than static text). But what's the "call function" for this? Kindly, Mikael Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >I have searched but found no answers, so I guess this is standard :P &g...

Display image on Switchboard
I have a Switchboard form on which I have been displaying a small picture of our office in the upper left hand corner. Now we have a branch office and they would like a picture of their office to display. When the Switchboard opens, I have a field that tells me which office I'm dealing with but I just don't know how to get the correct picture, of the two, on the form. How can I display the correct picture depending on which office opens the Switchboard menu? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

display red value if true?
Let's say that I make a logical test...the test is true and it displays a certain value... Example: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla") (the logical test is "A1>0" and the value if true is "blablabla" My problem is that I need the "blablabla" to appear [Red], but only if the logical test is true. If it's false the color should be "Automatic" or whatever I've selected. Hope someone understands my question, cus I really need a solution... I've tried this, but of course it didn't work: =IF(A1>0;"blablabla";IF(A1>0;[...

OWA From Display Name Inconsistent
I have a very simple Exchange 2003 setup. I have two Windows 2003 servers, one is a domain controller the other is the exchange server. Active directory level is Windows 2003. Exchange is running in native mode. Exchange and Windows are fully patched. An email is generated using OWA. The email is sent to a company employee. When the email is received the from display name incorrect. For example if Jane Smith sent an email the display could look like this (“John Doe [jsmith@test.com]”) This will happen on average 1 out 50 times. I can not reproduce the issue. The name that is ...

can comments be turned off
can comments be turned off...so that they don't show unless you want them to? thanks. Tools > Options > View gives you 3 choices. Also see DisplayCommentIndicator Property in Excel's Help. example of code: Dim Cmt As Comment For Each Cmt In ActiveSheet.Comments Cmt.Visible = False Next etc yes. select Tools, Options, View tab, then change the setting for comments to whatever you want- the indicator only will show a red triangle in the cell with a comment smokiibear@gmail.com wrote: >can comments be turned off...so that they don't show unless you want >...

Why I need to display item
Hi I am trying to use redemption. A few issues crop up: 1. Why do I need to display the form? It creates an error if I don't. 2. After send, it goes to drafts folder, how do I get it out immediately? Here's my code: If Not rs.EOF Then rs.MoveFirst Do Until rs.EOF Set myFolder = nspNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDrafts) Set emailitem = myFolder.Items Set FWDItem = emailitem.Item(1).Forward Set mySafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") FWDItem....

Displaying multi-select parameter on report?
Hi, I have a report where I use a multi-select parameter to filter the report by the user's initials who entered the record. I typically like to print the paramters selected for a report in the header of the report. However, when I put this parameter.value on the report I only get the first option selected. How can I list all the selected entries? SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance, Linn Linn, To take care of this you can use the Join Function to deplay a delimited list. Here is an example: =Join(Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value,",") The sec...

Displaying long entry in Task Pad
Is there a way to have task pad "word wrap" and show long entries on multiple lines. My to-do list items are often too long for the space allowed. This problem extends to printing as well as the on-screen display. ...

Choices to display dependent on previous choices...
I've been trying to find this answer in the Help and in the forums, but must be using the wrong terminology. My form has a drop down field called "1." and a drop down field called "2.". I want to do something like this: Field 1: A. B. C. If you choose A. then Field 2 populates with specific choices, if you choose b. then those choices are different etc. So: Field 1 Field 2 A. a. b. c. B. d. e. ...

Text from table won't display
Hi everyone, thanks for being so helpful. I'm working on a report and included is a text box whose control source is from the table I've queried. The actual data from the table isn't showing up on the report when I open it, though. And it's only this text field. Other text fields work fine and my date fields also show up fine. I've made sure that I included this column in the query, but nothing I do makes the data appear. Please help. Set the control's border to red, do you see this in preview? What section of the report contains the control? -- Duane Hookom Micro...

Retrieving Comments
Is it possible either through macro or formula (or any method for that matter) to grab the comments and have them added to a specific cell? I know that I can have them print at the bottom of the page and all that but I need to use the comments on another tab. Hi Stanley, the following sub displays a messagebox with the text in the comment in A1 Public Sub read_comment() On Error Resume Next MsgBox Range("A1").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Text On Error Goto 0 End Sub If there is no comment in A1 an error occurs. "On Error Resume Next" and "On Error Goto 0&qu...

E-Mail Comment
All, How can I change the default color of my comments? I prefer to use red and the default is blue. It is annoying to manually change the color. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am using Office XP. Regards, Joel IIRC It is your reply color which you can set in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Joel" <soroosj@swbell.net> wrote in message news:37330fe9.0407270529.4b683c96@posting.google.c...

Help in Displaying UNICODE strings in List Control
Respected All, I have one dialog based application displaying information in report view mode of list control, developed in VC6. It is ANSI application. I want to display UNICODE String into one column named subject. This string can be can contain text from other languages also.( except english) I can have its charset and coverted it to UNICODE using multibytetowidechar. Now i want to display that converted string into one column of list control. with out converting my application to UNICODE. Any help /suggestion in this? How can i do this by ownerdraw messages? Regards J C Take a l...

What is displayed in a table?
I am trying to determine, if say you have a table, with A1 = Cherry A2 = Bannana A3 = Peach A4 = Mango A5 = Mango A6 = Bannana A7= Mango A8 = Litchi A9 = Cherry A10= Litchi A11 = Peach A12 = Cherry A13 = Cherry A14 = Cherry A15 = Mango A16 = Peach I need to determine all of the types of fruit in the table, bearing i mind that it is variable and the next time there may be Pears, Plum etc, so I need to know exactly what is presently in the table and ho many times it occurs, this part I can do with countif, so I only nee to know what is in the table. eg Results: 31.25 % Cherry 18.75 % Pe...

numbers to be displayed as text
hi i need numbers to be displayed as text for eg. 123 will be displayed as One Hundred Twenty Three shiv, have a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 "shiv" <shiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6C04C-CFD9-40E9-97AD-9A021E561E7F@microsoft.com... > hi > i need numbers to be displayed as text > for eg. 123 wi...

Total number of items in a sale should be displayed in POS screen
Before you tender a sale it is always a good idea to compare the number of items the customer is purchasing to the number of items rung in. If your customer is buying 10 items and only 9 have been entered, you want your salespeople to know this. RMS does not display the total number of items in a sale anywhere in the POS screen so verifying that all items have been entered is difficult and therefore not done. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

image dosen't display on form
in some machines image stored as image field dosen't display on form have idea how to fix it? thanks make your pic a .bmp (and change the form to reference the .bmp) and see if that fixes the problem. There is some kind of driver needed to support some of the pic formats and it is on some computers and not others. James "sam" wrote: > in some machines image stored as image field dosen't display on form > have idea how to fix it? > > thanks > > > ...

In Box Folder Could Not Be Displayed
It appears that the inbox is too full and that is why we got the message. Is there a way for us to save the messages to be read again? How do we access those messages? Since Pastor Dave's email does not work right now, I put my nmae in the Sender's Name above. Thank you for your help. Marilyn >Since Pastor Dave's email does not work right now, I put >my nmae in the Sender's Name above. Prepare yourself to receive tons of SPAM now, because you've included a valid Email in clear text. Very taboo. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS ...

Need to display an error message when a duplicate object is clicked.
Hi all, I'm new to Access and I'm creating a simple IT Inventory database. My first form just has details on the device, and I want to be able to have the users select an IP address from a dropdown list. I have the list and the dropdown working flawlessly, but in my table I selected No Duplicates, so that no one IP address can be used twice. What I'd like to do, is that if the DB detects a duplicate, to pop up a dialog box stating that the IP address is already in use and to please select a valid IP address. By default, there is an error that pops up when you try to save the rec...

display text in one cell as a number in an adjacent cell in excel
would love to get an example of the right formula, thanks Perhaps you mean something like this in say, E1: =VLOOKUP(D1,{"Text1",10;"Text2",20;"Text3",30},2,0) If D1 contains: Text2, then E1 returns: 20 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Denno" wrote: > would love to get an example of the right formula, thanks Re: display text in one cell as a number in an adjacent cell in excel ...

How to display a public folder address in Global address book?
Hi all, do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a email. and they can find the public folder name in GAL. Appreciate your help in advance!! Best RGS, Jennifer In All Address List\Public Folder... -- Jammy "yi yuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :OMH0xdkuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? > > I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a emai...