Comment box drops down too far off page

Hello,...I have a form in which I have created some comment boxes. Th
biggest complaint that I get is regarding the comment box that pops u
from the last line of the form. It drops down too far and they alway
have to scroll to read the entire box. When I edit the comment box i
allows me to move it and stretch it any way I want. The problem is tha
no matter where I pull it to, it still opens at the bottom of the for
and beyond where a scroll is required to read it all. Can someon
please tell me how to force the comment box to open upward over th
middle of the form rather than downward beyond the bottom of it???
Simply draggin it up during the edit mode is not working!

Thanks!!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't know how to keep them from moving, but you could run a macro to move
them back to where they belong.

From Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset

"TPD <" wrote:

> Hello,...I have a form in which I have created some comment boxes. The
> biggest complaint that I get is regarding the comment box that pops up
> from the last line of the form. It drops down too far and they always
> have to scroll to read the entire box. When I edit the comment box it
> allows me to move it and stretch it any way I want. The problem is that
> no matter where I pull it to, it still opens at the bottom of the form
> and beyond where a scroll is required to read it all. Can someone
> please tell me how to force the comment box to open upward over the
> middle of the form rather than downward beyond the bottom of it????
> Simply draggin it up during the edit mode is not working!
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Need help with changing multiple page fields. #2
I have found some code on the web that will allow me to link pivot table menus together. This way if I have three tables all based on the same info and say change the date in one, the date changes in all of them. I have tested out the code and it works well but... when I pull data from an outside source the code fails because it can not find the data fields. Is it possible to link related pivot table fields using an outside data source like SQL? The code I am using is listed below and this is the link from where I got the code from. It's a great site. Change Multiple Page Fields -- C...

How do I switch pages around in a document?
I have a 4 page document in Word and need to switch pages 3 & 4 around. Is there a way without having to insert a blank page and cut and paste? Thank you! You probably do not need to insert the blank page. Just select all of the text on Page 3, then use Ctrl+X to cut it from the document, then use Ctrl+End to move to the end of the document and then use Ctrl+V to paste the text from Page 3 back into the document. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

Multiple Pivot Charts to display in one page
Working in MS Access 2007 I created a query and a pivot chart with the option to show the data in more than one chart, but when I choose the multiple chart option it tries to show all of the 30+ in one page which makes is impossible to read. Is there any way to show the charts in more than one page? I'd be very grateful for any help! ...

How to view all slides on 1 page in Publisher
How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular order? Slides? Did you want the PowerPoint forum? David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa's Ocean" <Lisa's Ocean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D3D643-1D0F-4CE6-B56A-C5560452EA60@microsoft.com... > How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular > order? Do you mean pictures? If so, just select the Insert menu, picture from file, get it, insert. After they are all on the page, move them around as yo...

fill in a text box
Hey short question. How do I fill in a text box with TekstAandeel being the name of the textbox in my userform. This is wat I have. In the beginning It's set at "" (empty) but I want to fill it in witch access stuff. Set A = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT Aandeel FROM DDM Where Ticker='" & TekstTicker.Text & "'", dbOpenSnapshot) TekstAandeel.Value = ??????? ...

Linksys cable modem dropping connection
I�ve been using your model BEFCMU10 Cable modem (SN kbg30g304550) for the past several years. Began having problems with dropped internet connection, maybe once a month, progressing to weekly failures, and now I�m getting disconnected several times a day. This older model modem has 6 led indicators � power, DS, US, on-line, Ethernet, and USB. Under normal operation, DS, US, on-line are on steady and Ethernet is flashing. When my connection fails, DS is on, US may or may not be on, and both on-line and Ethernet are off. I go through the usual processes of...

Is Front Page discontinued?
Is Front Page discontinued? if yes, what is the replacement MS product for designing websites? mac Just to clarify. also, is there a simple tool to make web sites? I am not a professional - just do it as a hobby. See: http://www.rinconcentral.com/ This is the extent of my web design experience, but I would like to get better at it. So I am looking for a not too expensive, nice web design tool. I am using Front Page 2003 right now. Thanks, mac "mac" <mac@nospan.com> wrote in message news:FFEE7107-8DDB-4AFA-A5B9-57F392088E0F@micr...

can I have a multiselect option for a list box in excel 2003
I am working with Excel 2003, I created different list boxes for different fields but I wanted to know if I could select more then one answer by using CTRL command? Is that only available for later versions? thanks Yes, you can. Depending on what type of listbox it is and where it's located, the instructions to modify the settings would be different. If it's a listbox from the Forms toobar placed on the sheet, then rightclick on it and choose Format Control, then Control tab and choose Multi. If it's a listbox from the Control toolbox toolbar placed on a workshee...

Drop Down in Cell?
I have a spreadsheet I created a while ago. It has cells with drop down lists... i.e., when in the cell, it shows a down-arrow/chevron to the right of the cell. Clicking on the down arrow gives a list of items to select from... based on the selection, other cells receive data from look-up tables. How did I create the drop down list in the cell? The cell has no formula, etc... just the behavior of the drop down. I can't remember how I did this.. Please help! Thanks MS Hi Martin Data > Validation. See De bra's page http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html on this. -- HTH...

Is there Keyboard shortcut to print single page (Current Page)?

missing name box
Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? Only if the formula bar itself is not displayed (View, Formula bar). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "John E. Kruskie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259d01c427d5$f62cb960$a501280a@phx.gbl... | Has anyone ever lost the name box in the upper left | portion of the window where the cell location is displayed? ...

sending emails from a pop up email box has never worked for me.
I have just made some changes. Making live.com my default and MSN my home page w/bing as my search engine. I did keep my yahoo account as a secondary. Everytime I tried to email anything from one of these pop up email outgoing forms, it would say who I was trying to send it to but alway said my name and yahoo address could not be recognized as a sender. I'm sending this to you to have a record of it, hopefully the changes I just made will work. If not, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks -- hope ...

Can not delete messages from Sent box in Outlook 2003
I am helping a friend with a computer problem. She is running Windows XP Pro. Within Outlook 2003, she is unable to delete, permanently delete, or move files from her Sent box. She receives the error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." She has tried running her Inbox Repair Tool, as well as Scan disk. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Try creating a new mail profile under control panel->mail icon->show profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep t...

Combo Box returning results
Hi, I have multiple combo boxes on a form which I open from the swithboard in add mode. The combo boxes and list boxes are all tied to fields on the same table, which I want updated with a new record when I pull up the form. I want the combo box fields static and to choose from the linked fields and the list box values to be inputed. The list boxes work fine, but while the combo boxes let me choose from the values in the linked fields why don't they show up in the new record? Try under the "OnCurrent" event Me.combobox1.requery HTH, Nick. "aponne1" wrote: ...

outlook 2003
hello small problem with outlook 2003. if i replay or forward mail and i want to edit it first before i put my replay message, then outlook always treats the editing like commenting. outlook puts spaces before and after my inserting text. how to change it? how to remove spaces? now i just deleting it manually, but it is little annoying... i suppose i have to change one option in configuration, but i cannot find which one. regards luaks "#ukasz D3ugosz" <luaks@op.pl> wrote in message news:h05bj3$2e4$1@news.onet.pl... > small problem with outlook 2003. if i replay...

Not Printing Comment Indicators
Is there any way to have the comment indicators show on the screen but not printing them without turning off the comment indicators in tools (which removes them from the screen as well)?? Hi DL my comment indicators don't print anyway, but you could check to see if file / page setup - sheet tab has NONE selected for comments. Does this make a difference? Cheers JulieD "DL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a9c01c4a62b$5b1d2de0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to have the comment indicators show on > the screen but not print...

how do I set a drop-down list to have a default value when the page loads?
in a Data Access Page? So that a default value appears in the dropdown? -- justme0010 On 20 Sep, 03:13, justme0010 <justme0010.1379...@officefrustration.com> wrote: > in a Data Access Page? So that a default value appears in the dropdown? > > -- > justme0010 Hi There! are you using MS Access 2007? If you are working on a Form and the field is using a Combo Box to display a list of options then you can do the following. * View the properties of the Combo Box; * On the Data Tab in 'Default Value' property type "Your Default Category" Hope this help...

Multiple text boxes on a shape?
I am a new Visio user, and was wondering if you can put more then one text box on top of a shape...every time I try it, one of them goes to the back. I can't seem to have them both in the front at the same time and I am pulling my hair out! Help! Thanks in advance, Heather By definition, a shape can only have one text box, but you can group shapes. Within the group, you can specifiy the front to back order. For the component shapes that are text only, set the fill and line colour/pattern to none. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need V...

Footer on page 1 only
Trying to print a workbook with a custom footer on page one only. Anyone know how to? Hi You need a macro to do this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <flowry@amgen.com> wrote in message news:8DE457A0-CB8A-4FC1-972A-84012351C19D@microsoft.com... > Trying to print a workbook with a custom footer on page one only. Anyone know how to? Thanks a million Thanks for the macro direction on inserting a footer on page one only. Would you know how to insert multiple line footer via that macro as it will not accept c...

Starting page number other that 1
Hope somebody out there can help me! In Publisher 1998 and 2000 I can just go to Tools >Options> General and type in the page number that I want the publication to start with( ie 100 for example) This allow me to have different chapters in different files. Can't find it in Publisher 2002 and can't find it anywhere for that matter(not even in help or assistance on the web!) Please let me know if you can do it Barry In news:0d7a01c432eb$38a57f50$3a01280a@phx.gbl, Barry Richard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > Hope somebody out there can help me! >...

open a web page in Outlook
Happy Holidays! I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in particular, the ones with https are most common not to open. Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be irrelevant. George do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that require cookies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Drag and Drop files
When an user drags a group of filenames from Windows explorer and drops them on my window, how do I identify them, and how do I retrieve their name? Thanks in advance, Lem >When an user drags a group of filenames from Windows explorer and drops them >on my window, how do I identify them, and how do I retrieve their name? You normally handle the WM_DROPFILES message and use DragQueryFile. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Like this: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp_mfc/DragAndDrop.html Tom "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:O1UaIB$qDHA.2...

Text box
I want to add a text box for a email address at the begining of my all my text boxes. The Email address must be inserted into the 1st text box before anyother text box can be completed. I am using MS FrontPage 2003. If you are using the standard FrontPage Form Field validation, the best you can do is to require that they enter something in the field before the form is submitted. Right-click the email one-line text box and select 'Form Field Validation'. Check the 'Data Length' 'Required' checkbox. -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - Expression...

Message box with Combo box function
Is it possible to create a combo box within a message box i.e. whenthe user clicks on preview report a message box appears and says"which report do you want to open?" and a combo box displays thedifferent reports available with the user clicks, upon clicking therelevant report opensThanks * Asif wrote:> Is it possible to create a combo box within a message box i.e. when> the user clicks on preview report a message box appears and says> "which report do you want to open?" and a combo box displays the> different reports available with the user clicks, upon clickin...

Send Receive Progess Box will not dissapear
My outlook 2003 is configured as a POP3 Client and I have the progress indicator box checked "do not show this box during send/receive. It still shows up and will not go away..even when it has completed successfully. Help !! David same problem here. mdh "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030901c3b2b5$8b854ea0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My outlook 2003 is configured as a POP3 Client and I have > the progress indicator box checked "do not show this box > during send/receive. It still shows up and will not go > away..even w...