Command Button

Hi All,

I have made a command button on Sheet 1 and assigned a macro , Now I want to
delete that button but however I am unable to do.

Regards
Dushyant

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Dushyant

if you created the button via the control toolbox toolbar - you'll need to
display this toolbar again and click the Design Mode icon to get into design
mode and then the button can be deleted.

If you created the button using any other method that i can think of, if you
right mouse click on the button to select it and then press the Delete key
(or choose Cut from the shortcut menu) it seems to work.

Cheers
JulieD

"Dushyant Rajput" <dushyant001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have made a command button on Sheet 1 and assigned a macro , Now I want
> delete that button but however I am unable to do.
>
> Regards
> Dushyant

0
JulieD1 (2295)
3/14/2005 3:34:02 PM
Yes , that's what I needed
Thanks Julie

--
Thanks & Regards
Dushyant Rajput
"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi Dushyant
>
> if you created the button via the control toolbox toolbar - you'll need to
> display this toolbar again and click the Design Mode icon to get into
design
> mode and then the button can be deleted.
>
> If you created the button using any other method that i can think of, if
you
> right mouse click on the button to select it and then press the Delete key
> (or choose Cut from the shortcut menu) it seems to work.
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>

> "Dushyant Rajput" <dushyant001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have made a command button on Sheet 1 and assigned a macro , Now I
want
> > delete that button but however I am unable to do.
> >
> > Regards
> > Dushyant

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback

> Yes , that's what I needed
> Thanks Julie
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Dushyant Rajput
> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Dushyant
>>
>> if you created the button via the control toolbox toolbar - you'll need
>> display this toolbar again and click the Design Mode icon to get into
> design
>> mode and then the button can be deleted.
>>
>> If you created the button using any other method that i can think of, if
> you
>> right mouse click on the button to select it and then press the Delete
>> key
>> (or choose Cut from the shortcut menu) it seems to work.
>>
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>

>> "Dushyant Rajput" <dushyant001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have made a command button on Sheet 1 and assigned a macro , Now I
> want
>> > delete that button but however I am unable to do.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Dushyant

0
JulieD1 (2295)

A "previous" button on a user form
With the help of this forum, I've managed to build quite a decent little user form for data entry. Basically, after my user form has been filled in, a button is pressed that finds the next blank row in a worksheet and fills in the details accordingly. The form then resets and awaits a new entry. How can I add a button that diplays the previous entry? TIA I presume that you just want to know how to get the last entry cLastRow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "...

Sort command does not sort some columns?
When attempting to sort data, newly entered data seems to stay the same while the old data sorts itself. I have one whole column that is now mismatched. I am a newbie to this program so I am sure I am doing not doing something basic. BillBob: If you want to sort a multi-column range of cells: Select the entire range of cells <data><sort> Set your sort parameters Click the [OK] button. If all of the relevant columns are not pre-selected, they will not sort with the column you want sorted and you'll have out-of-sync mess. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL...

Button, now too thin, cannot select to delete
I inserted a button on my worksheet, but didn't select the format control/properties to not move or size it with the cells. Somehow it's become a very thin button, but I can't get it selected to delete it. It's not a big deal, but asthetically it's bothering me. How can I get it selected and/or delete it ? Thanks, Steve Steve wrote: > I inserted a button on my worksheet, but didn't select the format > control/properties to not move or size it with the cells. Somehow it's become > a very thin button, but I can't get it selected to ...

Using AutoSum Button results in miscalculations
I have a workbook that has a couple hundred worksheets in it and one o the worksheets is pulling values (via formulas) to it from many of th other sheets. Now, all the values have apparently pulled ove correctly, but when I run an AutoSum totalling all of the values i adds them incorrectly. I verified this by using a calculator and b retyping all the numbers in the next column in the worksheet and usin AutoSum to total those numbers. What could cause this? Is there a rounding problem somewhere? I hav double and triple checked my formulas and they are all correct. I jus don't understa...

Option Buttons Group Box
I am constructing a questionaire with responses from 1 - 5. After using the "group box" tool to group the option buttons for a response to the second question, the response from the first set is eliminated. How do I keep the responses seperate for each set of questions? Also, how do I make the border for the group box disappear? First, did you use the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar--not the controltoolbox toolbar? (it sounds like you may have mixed and matched your controls.) If you did use optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, you can "group" them b...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

How to do buttons of toolbar adjust their positions after addition of a combo-box
Hello, I'm adding a combo-box at the left of a toolbar derived from CToolbar. After addition of this combo-box, the positions of the other buttons (at its right) are not automatically adjusted : is it normal ? Do I have to indicate a special style to the button or toolbar, or something else ? Do I have to compute right positions by code and apply it explicitely after addition of the combo-box ? -- The toolbar is a member of the main frame : int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (!m_wndMyBar.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_FLAT, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP | C...

Control Button
Hello I need some help with a form. What I am trying to do is, to place a button on a form in MS Access so that when you click on it, in another field it will display a number one. If you click on the same button again it will change the one to a two and so on. Wes Private Sub YourCommandButton_Click() YourTextBox = YourTextBox + 1 End Sub -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 "Wes Derhak" <derhak.wg@shaw.ca&...

ActiveX Property Page OK button
I would like to know how can I trap ActiveX Property Page OK button event ? I want to do some checking of property controls before user clicks on activex property page OK button..please help. Thanx Ashish ...

add to Runas command
I tried adding some more functionality to the batch file below with no success. Is there a way that I can add to this batch file? For example, color 1f and loading some macros would be great too. Thanks. runas.exe /user:Administrator cmd.exe Below is an example batch file (incorporating the command you quoted ) I have working on my system to add some helpful stuff to a new "cmd" window.... *NB Make sure the batch-file is named ADMCMD.BAT and is in the system's "path" (i.e.; in a folder included in the PATH variable, usually C:\WINDOWS is one) and...

502 Command unimplemented
Howdy, I am having trouble with my Exchange server sending to only some domains. Mainly Hotmail and MSN.. but there are a few others. Some email goes through just fine to other domains. I DO know for sure I can't send to hotmail or MSN. Anyway, the undeliverable message I get back says: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;502 Command unimplemented> Any clues on what I should do? I am stummped. I can find some info on the error message but no remedy as to how to ...

Windows 2008
Hello, I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a Cluster. We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server. Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this question. Can anyone help me? * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks * can you give me some Examples Thaks for your help Franz-Josef Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets. For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use cluster.exe. There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or COM (I can't ...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

Wizard button text
I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished and Cancel buttons. I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel button. Is it possible to do this? The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard allows the user to configure devices and I want them to be able to set up several devices without restarting the Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it applies the settings to ...

Repeat-a-matic Mouse Button Problem
I need a mouse button which does its thing when clicked, and keeps repeating its thing when held down. I know that the code below is not very sophisticated but I think that it is adequate for my immediate needs. The problem is that when I depress and hold the mouse button down the button does absolutely nothing. When clicked once it does what it should, i.e. deletes the leftmost character. When clicked one and a half times, i.e. clicked once and then immediately depressed and held, it goes into repeat-a-matic mode. But I can't see why it is doing nothing when I depress ...

Custom Command Bars
I've figured out a way to add custom commands to the ROWS or CELLS commandbars, but I only seem to be able to add one. Can someone help me figure out how to add multiple custom commands to one of those command bars? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, Copie this in a general module It's working in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 '----------------------------- Sub test() Dim MBar As CommandBar Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Column") 'OR 'Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Row") With MBar With .Controls.Add .BeginGroup...

Macro Assigned to Tool Bar Button
How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? Thanks Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button and select Assign Macro... "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ADB30E4-7ADD-43B8-8696-53C97C9D4100@microsoft.com... > How can I tell what Macro is assigned to a tool bar button? > > Thanks Thanks Jim. That was fairly simple. "Jim Spiller" wrote: > Right-Click the Toolbar and select Customize. Then Right-Click the button > and select Assign Macro... > >...

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Dynamic Button Name?
Hi everone, Can a button name be made dynamic? For example, you create a button and want its name be read from cell A1. So if A1 read "Mike", the button name automatically become "Mike" and so on. Thanks, Mike for a button from the Forms toolbar, you can use this event macro. Put it in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code") Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then _ Me.Buttons(1).Caption = Range("A1").Value ...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

button grayed out for Charting
I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. However, both are greyed out. Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? thanks, Ron Usual suspects are protected workbook or worksheet. Shared workbook. rgraham1 wrote: > I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. > However, both are greyed out. > > > > Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? > > thanks, > > Ron > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks for the fast reply Andy. I've checked...

List of Internal Commands?
I'm interested in seeing what custom buttons I could set up that may help us operationally. Is there a list of all of the internal commands and what they do? -- John M. ...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

Allow user to set and save a default option button.
Win 2000 Prof. SP4 Office 2000 Prof. I have an excel worksheet with 3 option buttons on it. The Excel file will be read-only and distributed to several users using stand alone laptops. By default the first option button is selected on open. That's how the file will be saved. I want different users to be able to change which option button will be selected when the Excel file opens so they don't have to click on a different option button every time if they always want an option selected other than option button 1. I want the Excel file to hold a user selected default for a startup opti...

Option Button
I've got 5 questions set up in a form in Excel where I want to use the Option Button from the Forms menu. So I set up 5 separate groups so the buttons would behave independently within the groups. However, how do I get rid of the border and the text "Group XX"? I think you'll have to use a bit of VBA. Option Explicit Sub testme() ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False End Sub Change it to True to see them again--nicer for developing. == If you don't use macros, you can select your sheet, then hit alt-F11 (to get to the VBE) then hit ctrl-G (to see the immed...