Combo Box in control Toolbox

i have multiple combo boxes in one sheet. where can i set the tab order so i
can navigate using the tab key?

need your help asap
0
Rook (11)
8/31/2006 11:16:02 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See a similar post yesterday http://tinyurl.com/gycb3

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Rook" <Rook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have multiple combo boxes in one sheet. where can i set the tab order so
> can navigate using the tab key?
>
> need your help asap

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

Form filter by check box
I have a table and a corresponding form with personal data and several yes/no checkboxes for years (checkbox for 2006, box for 2007, 2008) indicating the the individual is participating in a program for that year. I would like the form to display only individuals with the box checked for 2008, for example. I would like the filter to occur automatically upon opening the form everytime. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your design is flawed. You should NOT have repeating columns (in this case a column for each year). You should have another table which is a junction table whic...

Allowing only 1 check box to be ticked
I have 10 check boxes linked to formulas e.g., if link cell is true do this etc. The problem is only 1 box should be ticked. If I tick another box it should become the active choice and deactivate the previous tick. Obviously check boxes can all be ticked as they are individual objects. Is there a way to make check boxes behave like option buttons (I cannot substitute option buttons as they do not provide true/false returns). BTW I realise (and know) there is probably a better way to achieve the result Im after, but there is a certain senior manager here who insists it can be done using c...

Using a combo box to open a form
Hello, I wanted to use a combo box to allow the user to pick a specific form which would open upon selection. The form names I have are 001, 002, and 003. The associated table is called "Activities". Any ideas? Thanks! Brock - In the Click event of the combo box, add this code: DoCmd.OpenForm Me.Combo0, acNormal -- Daryl S "Brock" wrote: > Hello, > > I wanted to use a combo box to allow the user to pick a specific form which > would open upon selection. The form names I have are 001, 002, and 003. The > associated table is cal...

value box next to the legend box
Hi, I have a pie chart with 15 different items. 3 of them are big and the rest are very small. I can present the values for the big slices but it is very messy for the little slices. Can I show next to the legend box also a value box that will be located parralel (with matching colours and of course related to the data by a formula)? Thanks, Tamir begin 666 values next to legend.xls MT,\1X*&Q&N$`````````````````````/@`#`/[_"0`&```````````````! M`````0``````````$ ``50````$```#^____``````````#_____________ M_________________________________________________...

Message box at file open
For a particular Excel file, I want a message box to open as soon as the file is opened. Do I need to use VBA for that? If yes, I'm new to VBA. Any quick pointers? Thanks all. Hall, > Do I need to use VBA for that? Yes, you do. From the workbook, press Alt + F11 Double click on "THisWorkbook" in the "Projects" window. In the panel on the right, copy and paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "My message" End Sub John "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:eAp0TW53DHA.3360@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > For a ...

UserForm Control
Microsoft Date/Time Picker (MSCOMCTZ.OCX) is a standard userform control in Office 97. What is the equivalent control in Office XP? My Office XP users are receiving error messages because this control tool has not been loaded on their machines. I can't understand why Microsoft did not include this control in Office XP. I appreciate any help. MSCOMCT2.OCX is what my machine shows for that control. I found it in the list of additional controls in the VBA editor. Richard Choate "Sisilla" <sookdeoss@bowater.com> wrote in message news:01b501c34bbd$98224230$a301280a@phx.g...

how to delete text from a text box in scanned document
how to delete text from a text box in scanned document You will need OCR software (often included with the scanner) to turn the scanned data into an editable document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "revvy" <revvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51C0EB8F-B68A-47B2-ADE6-6C7894086FDE@microsoft.com... > how to delete text from a text box in scanned document Word has no way of editing graphics. You could use a graphics editor or you may be able to cover the text with another text box. -- <>>< ><<> >...

Enlarging the 'check box'
Without changing the zoom value of Excel, how does one increase the size of the checkbox in Excel 2002/OfficeXP? -- HansM What I have here, is two screenshots of checkboxes, enlarged to 33x33. One is checked, the other isn't. On the UserForm, I put two PictureBoxes on top of eachother and each of them gets it's own picture. If checked is clicked, then unchecked will be visible, and backwards. A sample form is here: http://www.geocities.com/smplprgrsrc/files/checkboxes.zip The 2 little .jpg's are also in there. "HansM" <sayno2@spam.com> schreef in beri...

List control #2
Hi All, I am creating a list control using CListCtrl class(MFC). Can anyone let me know how can i gray/disable a single item in a List Control so that the user will not be able to select it?. Thanks & Regards, Senthil U�ytkownik "Senthil" <Senthil@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:6E4B49A2-4C4B-4074-B441-2E78E39F2B0F@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > I am creating a list control using CListCtrl class(MFC). Can anyone > let me know how can i > gray/disable a single item in a List Control so that the user will not > be able to selec...

Disable or Lock check box after initial check
I have a check box that, when clicked, adds today's date to a table field. Private Sub CkBoxCIComp_AfterUpdate() Me!CIComp = Now End Sub After the initial check in the box, I would like the check box to be disables so they cannot check again and change the initial date that was entered on the initial check. I also need a msg to contact the admin for assistance. Can anyone tell me how this can be done? Thanks -- deb This will not work in a continuous form, but in single form view, try (aircode): Private Sub CkBoxCIComp_AfterUpdate() Me!CIComp = Now Me.CkBoxCIComp.Locked = True...

What is the difference between CEdit and CRichEdit control?
hi, all What is the difference between CEdit and CRichEdit control? Thanks! >What is the difference between CEdit and CRichEdit control? The edit control is plain text (single font, no font effects) while the rich edit control handles RTF (multiple fonts, font effects, etc). Dave ...

Parallel Box Plots
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to create parallel box plots on Excel 2007.. What's a "parallel" box plot? Box and Whisker Charts in Excel: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 5/27/2010 5:36 PM, Kristina wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if it was possible to create parallel box plots on Excel > 2007.. ...

calculating multiple fields in an unbound text box
I have a report based on a query that links 2 tables by the field "Type". Each tiype in the one table has a minimum price. The other table has the type and actual sales prices in four different fields of which only one is used in the calculations. I am calculating the difference between actual selling price and minimum price. the problem I am having is that although the minimum price is always desplayed for the type, the calculation does not work for the different fields. If the first field is null, then the next 3 fields should be checked. The other fields may or may not be ...

Version control for SQL Server databases
It is my understanding that version control for sql server databases can be problematic. I have been thinking about this problem on and off for a while, and over the last couple of hours the beginnings of a system have crystallized. I am going to sketch the first draft of this evolving idea below. If anyone recognizes the mechanisms as already existing in some product or solution, please let me know. If anyone recognizes problems or limitations of the system, please let me know about those too. Once again, this is just a first draft that I have been brainstorming for about 2 hours, ...

Gialog box application with paramters
I have a Dialog box mfc application. Can I start it from a dos box with paramters? Is there any example for that? Thanks George Sure. Just type the name of the application followed by the arguments in the DOS box. In the application's InitInstance method, you can access the arguments by declaring a CCommandLineInfo object and passing it to CWinApp::ParseCommandLine(), which will call CCommandLineInfo::ParseParam() for each argument parsed from the command line. One limitation: CCommandLineInfo accepts a limited number of arguments. But you can derive your own CCommandLineInfo ...

Code to Query SQL Server with a parameter value (entered into an Input Box), and have that value also display in a selected cell on a worksheet
I'm wondering how BEST to accomplish this. I have a EXCEL workbook which populates data to, and retrieves data from SQL Server. I currently have VBA code which effectively sends the data from the EXCEL worksheet to SQL Server tables -- no problem with this. I currently have VBA code which effectively retrieves data from SQL Server and displays that data back into the worksheet -- no problem with this either. I'm currently using a Command Button (on-click event) and the code below to query SQL Server to determine the Max Version Number and add 1 to that value. This value is t...

how to detect mouse double click on edit box
I was wondering if some could tell me how to detect whether the mouse has been double clicked on an edit box. I tried the standard mouse double click function,but that only works on the form itself. Z.K. Subclass CEdit and put an OnLButtonDblClk handler in it. joe On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:00:58 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: >I was wondering if some could tell me how to detect whether the mouse >has been double clicked on an edit box. I tried the standard mouse >double click function,but that only works on the form itself. > > Z.K. Joseph ...

need similar solution to "cascading combos"...
I'm creating a search form w/ unbound combo boxes that create a filter on the subform. Can I use the filtered view of the subform as the starting point for my query? Like clone that recordset and reference it in code from the combo boxes? I'm a newbie in Access so don't know VB well enough mess around with recordsets in code yet. Dave I created a search form that is similar to what your are trying to do (I think). I also based mine on the Allen Browne example but instead of text boxes, I used several unbound combo boxes for Customer Name, Product Name, Location, etc. E...

Exchange admin account deleted, cannot delegate control
The title pretty much says it all, I inherited an Exchange box, and when trying to install Backup Exec to back it up, I wanted to delegate authority to the BE account. When I run the delegate authority wizard, the only account I see in there is a SID. I'll add an account (administrator) and click through it, but I get the error "Failed to grant permission for domain\administrator on this object" After clicking OK, I get "The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for domain/administrator. Any suggestions? Thanks On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:26:41 -0600, Daffy &l...

Disabling Word 2007 startup box
Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:46:02 -0800, Abi <Abi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow >box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. Edit the desktop shortcut to add a space and the characters /q at the end, after the closing quote mark: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" /q For more things you c...

SetGet control input
What is the best way to get and set the contents of an EditControl (in a FormView) , other than using DDX. Could I use the below, and how would I get the handle of the FormView? UINT GetDlgItemText( HWND hDlg, // handle of dialog box int nIDDlgItem, // identifier of control LPTSTR lpString, // address of buffer for text int nMaxCount // maximum size of string ); "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message news:eVE5mcs7KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to get and set the contents of an EditCon...

Make checkboxes invisibile based on combo box selection
I'm working with Access 2007. I have a combo box on my form with three items to choose from in the drop down. I then have two check boxes that I want to be visibile only if the user selects the 2nd or 3rd item in the drop down. If they choose the first item in the drop down, I want the check boxes to disappear. I put my IF Statement in the combo box's AfterUpdate event. It works except that the checkboxes are either visibile or not visible in ALL of the records. How do I keep the checkboxes visible or invisible for each record? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Bel...

Multi choice list box and two ALL selection
Hello. I have a pop-up form that has 2 list boxes. I want to do 3 things. On the list boxes, I want to make them multi-choice list boxes. Second, I want to make a selection of "all" for both list boxes. And last, I would like to have the text boxes default to the all selection, if possible, until another selection is made. The list boxes are: CarList EventList They are populated by tables - Automobiles - Car Table and Automobiles - Action Taken Table, respectively. Finally, they run through query called AutomobileSearch. Thanks for the help. To make your list multi-select, ...

Controlling the contents of the To/Cc dropdown list cache
When composing a new mail message, the To and Cc fields "guess" possible addresses based on the partial name you enter. This behavior seems a bit poorly documented and hard to control. The guesses apparently start with the Address book, but clearly don't end there. They frequently contain addresses that don't show up anywhere in the address book or contacts list. All that seems to be necessary is that they have been used at some time in the past. At a guess, there's a rather large cache of previously used addresses hidden away somewhere. The problem is, that cache s...

check box to update field in table with 4 or 0
On my form I need a check box. I would like the check box update the table field "Issue1" with a value of 4 if it is checked and a value of 0 if it is not checked. Is this possible and if so what is the code. How can I make this update my table with the correct number 4 or 0? Thanks in advance, -- deb Access Yes/No fields (?is this what you mean by checkbox field) have values of 0 (False/No) and -1 (True/Yes). If you'll explain more about what "4" represents, and what business need you are attempting to solve by storing a "4", the newsgroup reade...