combining two line charts with different x axis intervals

Hi newsgroup,

I'm not getting around this one and hope that I'm just not clever
enough ;)

I try to get two line charts in the same graph, but they have
different x axis intervals. Is this possible? For better
understanding, an example of the first being

x   y
1   1
2   2
3   3
4   4
5   5
6   6
7   7
8   8
9   9

and an example of the second being

x   y
1   2
3   2
5   2
7   2
9   2

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chris
0
Chris
5/12/2010 10:50:56 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Try using a xy-scatter chart rather than a Line chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

-2
Andy
5/12/2010 11:59:20 AM
Make an XY chart with the first data set
Select the data for the second series and Copy; click on the chart to
activate it; use Edit | Paste Special and specify New Series with X-values
in First Column.
Done
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris J Denver" <christopher.j.denver@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi newsgroup,
>
> I'm not getting around this one and hope that I'm just not clever
> enough ;)
>
> I try to get two line charts in the same graph, but they have
> different x axis intervals. Is this possible? For better
> understanding, an example of the first being
>
> x   y
> 1   1
> 2   2
> 3   3