combining charts from two spreadsheets

I hope someone can help me with this:

I have two charts.  The one thing these charts have in common are the
addresses (the charts are from two different sources).  On one chart, I will
have monthly sales for the addresses.  On another chart, I will have how
much each location paid in expenses.  I would like to combine these charts
into one chart.  The addresses on one chart will correspond to the addresses
on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to
fall into place.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.

0
compcoff (64)
6/15/2005 1:38:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

this is totally out of the blue, but are you related to heather mccaul in
grand rapids, michigan?

"Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I hope someone can help me with this:
>
> I have two charts.  The one thing these charts have in common are the
> addresses (the charts are from two different sources).  On one chart, I
will
> have monthly sales for the addresses.  On another chart, I will have how
> much each location paid in expenses.  I would like to combine these charts
> into one chart.  The addresses on one chart will correspond to the
addresses
> on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to
> fall into place.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
bam1 (6)
6/15/2005 2:50:10 PM
No but thanks for asking.
"Bobby" <bam@mab.com> wrote in message
> this is totally out of the blue, but are you related to heather mccaul in
> grand rapids, michigan?
>
> "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I hope someone can help me with this:
> >
> > I have two charts.  The one thing these charts have in common are the
> > addresses (the charts are from two different sources).  On one chart, I
> will
> > have monthly sales for the addresses.  On another chart, I will have how
> > much each location paid in expenses.  I would like to combine these
charts
> > into one chart.  The addresses on one chart will correspond to the
> addresses
> > on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to
> > fall into place.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

0
compcoff (64)

How do I remove empty chart plots from linked worksheet charts
Using Excel 2003, I have a workbook with a master worksheet and an associated line chart, also several derivative worksheets with associated individual line charts. The other worksheets are all linked to their respective columns on the master sheet so that as the master is periodically updated, the others update automatically. The problem is that currently empty cells on the master sheet are displayed as zero's on the linked worksheets and subsequently plotted on their individual respective charts. The zero's can be removed from both the linked worksheets and their respective ...

MFC chart with user-definable X-axis ticks/labels/grid
I am looking for an MFC charting widget that will allow user-definable X-axis ticks/labels/grid lines. For example, say I have data with X values ranging from 0 - 10,000. I want to show all data on the chart. However, I only want to show an X axis tick mark, label, and vertical grid line at certain X values, for example at x = 100 and x = 5000. Does anyone know of an MFC chart widget where this type of feature is supported? Many thanks for your help, John They have an active X version for VC++ developers http://www.nevron.com/ AliR. <jpw@creare.com> wrote in message news:1175...

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

Chart MouseUp Event Feedback
Hello Everyone, My name is Amit Velingkar and I am a Program Manager in the Excel team who owns Charts Programmability. I wanted to get some feedback from all of you on how you use MouseUp event on Excel Charts. We want to get a better feel for how people are using it today in order to prioritize and make better decisions around the investments in this area. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.tools.excel.chart.mouseup.aspx Do you use the MouseUp event on charts? If so what do generally use it for? Do you have any existing solutions in Excel that use the chart Mou...

How do I magnify a time period on a chart in Excel?
I am trying to set up a chart showing the DJIA and S&P 500 since 1970 and correlate that with the recent recessions. The chart is not showing as dramatic a drop in the markets during several time frames. Is there a way for me to magnify these time frames to make the visual chart more dramatic? ...

Appending data from one spreadsheet to another using a macro
I have been trying to append same type data from one spreadsheet to another using a macro but since I never know how many lines of data are in each spreadsheet I am appending it is either not inserting at all (because I am selecting all -- it is indicating the rows are not the same size) or it is only copying the number of rows from the second spreadsheet (not the number of rows from subsequent spreadsheets if they are higher or it copies blank rows). I am sure there is vb code that allows it to insert from one to another on the fly but I can't get it to work. Any ideas would be ...

Not able to add title to the chart programmetically
I have trying for some time now to add Title to the chart which i have created using the following code but it throws COM error - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unable to set the Text property of the ChartTitle class The code is as following ... Excel.Sheets sheets = thisWorkbook.Worksheets; Excel.Worksheet thisWorksheet = (Excel.Worksheet)sheets.get_Item(1); thisWorksheet = thisWorkbook.ActiveSheet as Excel.Worksheet; Excel.ChartObjects charts =(Excel.ChartObjects)thisWorksheet.ChartObjects(Type.Missing); Excel.ChartObject chartObj = charts.Add(100, 300, 500, 300...

How to copy Chart and its data to another excel worksheet
I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish all the links?? Please help! Margarita: You can copy an entire worksheet into a new workbook. Assuming yr data and chart are in the same worksheet, right-click the tab where the name of the sheet appears (somewhere near the bottom left side), select "Move or Copy..." in the po...

Automatic function to convert colors in B/W in charts?
Is there a way to have distinctive black and white "colors" when displaying or printing a figure? (I mean, not just black, white and intermediary greys, but distinctive patterns as we can see in black and white publications) Tanks, The patterns are not likely to come out very well. They were designed for the days when a 72 dpi dot matrix printer was state of the art, and now the patterns are miniaturized on 300 or 600 dpi printers. They are still here, but you need a magnifying glass to resolve them. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions...

Copy a Data Series Between Charts??? #2
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? Someone asked for more specific info...here it is: > >I have a spreadsheet that shows data for all 50 states. > >I have about 10 graphs which show this data, but only for certain >states. (All graphs are very similar, except for which states are on >which graph.) &...

Trendline on difference between two columns
How do I create a trendline illuminating the spread between two columns of numbers, such as bond yields; e.g. a trend showing differencwe between a ten year bond and ten year Treasury Inflation Protected bonds over time? Red, Make a third column in your sheet, include it in your chart, and change it to a line chart. To change to line, when it comes up as a column, select that series - right-click - Chart type - Line. The third column should have a formula that calculates the difference. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------------------------------...

chart from Metric to standard
need to find a program. or excel set up.. You can use the CONVERT Function from the Excel Analysis ToolPak Add-in to convert Metric to Standard. Or you could go to Windows Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Regional Options tab>Customize and set the "measurement system" to Metric. The second option would affect all programs. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:39:03 -0700, wpclem <wpclem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >need to find a program. or excel set up.. ...

Custom charting
This may be difficult to explain but am going to try :) I need to track "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs" by month. I also need to compare "Liaison Costs" to a budget and generate the difference on the chart for the given month, at the same time displaying a stacked bar that shows the "Liaison Costs" and "Sorting Costs". For example: Jan Feb Mar Liaison Costs 15,000 16,000 9,000 Sorting Costs 6,000 15,000 11,000 Budget 15,000 15,000 15,000 So now I need to plot the char...

combining columns
Greetings, Struggling to figure something out. Thank you for your help... I have a column of 1200 fields. examples are "item 1", "item 2"... the big goal is to get one list that says "order item 1", "receive item 1", "install item 1"... So, I can use the concatenate function to generate columns of "order item 1", "order item 2" or "receive item 1", "receive item 2". Now trying to combine these lists so i get one long list where all of the actions for item 1 are listed first, then all actions fo...

How do I create a stacked chart based on 2 tables of data?
Hello - I am using Office 2003 I would like to create a stacked column chart based on 2 tables of data, showing the 2nd table as the 2nd data series (column). Stacked charts appear to be fine based on 1 data source but I need it on 2. Any help would be much appeciated. Thanks ...

Excell - organization chart
Is it possible when working in an Excell organizational chart to attach a co-worker to the top level as when their are co-directors. I cannot find a way to do this. At the top level, the co-worker selection is not available, only the assistant or subordinate. did your try microsoft organisation chart 2.. Insert object and check microsoft organisation chart 2.0 . Here two managers are possible mine excel 2000 codirector to top level of org chart <codirector to top level of org chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C109C8A8-FBC3-44A1-B675-2620C9EB3A68@microsof...

excel chart 04-05-10
how do I make a chart to register weekly rent payments -- Thank you and God Bless EXCEL 2007 I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 88 (towards the top of my home page at the time of posting). If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "donbelieves" wrote: > how do I make a chart to register weekly rent payments > -- > Thank you and God Bless Put the date in the first column, and your rent payments in the second. At the top of the rent column, put a label like "Rent" and at the top...

Chart Selection
Hi, I've been working on copying charts from an Excel spreadsheet to a powerpoint presentation, the copying itself seems to be working fine. The issue i am having is if i copy a range of cells that contains data with a number of charts (all derived from a single copy) as a picture and paste this to Powerpoint. The first chart on the page appears to have the selection brackets around it,which have obviously been there at time of copy. Is there any way to deselect all objects on an excel page prior to copying so that this does not happen. Hopfully this makes sense. Thanks in advance...

Old-fashioned cross-hatching in bar chart (X-post)
Gang, Just reposting this with a cross to the charting group. Sorry for the dupe in the Mac group... I need to format a black & white bar chart for a journal that strongly discourages use of grayscale shading, and recommends cross-hatching for any shading. I cannot find this "old-fashioned" format in either the Formatting Palette (Colors, Weights and Fills) or in the Format>Data Series dialog. All I can find are colors, grayscales, gradients, pictures... I'm using Excel v 12.1.1 on Mac (OS 10.4.11, if it makes a difference) TIA, Dennis Oops, I guess the correct...

Chart Problem
I have a data table that shows weekdays in the left column and values in the next two columns, the data range is called 'Month'. I have a macro that creates a Chart, but the category axis shows all days in the month when run, even though there are not shown in the data table. How can I stop Excel autofilling a chart with dates that I don't want and that are not included in the data table? Thank you. No worries, i've got it sorted "LaDdIe" wrote: > I have a data table that shows weekdays in the left column and values in the > next two col...

combining data in multiple cells
is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 or more cells? Hi, =A1&B1&C1&D1 Mike -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "adkmayhem" wrote: > is it possible to combine data from more than 2 cells without losing the data > from the cells? i know i can concatenate 2 cells, but what about data from 3 ...

Saving charts in Excel 2007 so compatible with earlier versions
Charts made in Excel 2007 change format when put into Word and are saved so that compatible with earlier versions In article <B9D9C466-7E06-4ABF-ADAD-4C7C139310C7@microsoft.com>, gill@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Charts made in Excel 2007 change format when put into Word and are saved so > that compatible with earlier versions > Not quite sure what your point is. Charts in 2007 are totally different from prevous versions. They support far better formatting capabilities. I imagine all the enhanced features will be lost when a workbook is opened in a version/prog...

Printing a chart to fill the whole page
In a previous version of excel (2000) I was able to click on a chart to select it and print it to screen. Once it was in the print preview I was able to go to setup and select an option that changed the chart properties to print the chart on a full page(fit to one page). I am trying to print the same chart in excel 2007 and it is printing as a small thin chart (from the left to the right margin) but it is not bringing it to the top and bottom margins. How can I change the setup of my charts to print full page? Thanks. -- Becky P. This is actually what I thought of as one of the im...

Can hyperlinks be created in an organization Chart
I am trying to create a graphic representation of a product that we manufacture (in the form of a flow chart) with layers of information accessable by clicking on the particular item of the flowchart. (excel 2003) Hi, The Org chart diagram does not appear to allow hyperlinks or on action macros to be assigned to a single node. You could use normal autoshapes and connectors to create the diagram if you really want to be able to click a node and go or do something. Cheers Andy basilb wrote: > I am trying to create a graphic representation of a product that we > manufacture (in th...

Combining & formatting cells with text
I have imported data from another application, SAP, into a spreadsheet. There are 2 or more cells per row that contain text. I want to combine them into one cell with wrapped text to be able to read easier or I would like to export all of the text cells to Word without having it separated into separate cells in word. Any help would be appreciated. Bob In C1 enter =A1 & " " & B1 Copy C1 and(in place)Paste Special>Value>OK>Esc. Set wrap text on C1. Delete A1 and B1 if you want to. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:28:18 -0800, "Bob" &...