Combine Hyperlink with Text

We use hyperlinks on our analysis spreadsheets so that people are able to
trace back to the source data file easily.  I like to be able to combine the
hyperlink with some standard text so that the hyperlink makes more sense
(Source: Insureds File: Hyperlink for example) .  Does anyway know if this
is possible?

Cheers

Lee

0
lswain1 (3)
5/4/2006 9:54:14 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The syntax for the HYPERLINK( ) function is:

HYPERLINK(link_location,friendly_name)

This enables you to put a user defined description (friendly_name)
which will appear on the spreadsheet, so you could have something like
"Jump to Insureds File".

Hope this helps.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

Shrinking Text
Hi everybody, in our Office (Word) 2007 application, WTS 2008x64, the following happens (for some - not all- users): A text is written and formatted normally and without any problems. The document shall be printed. After the printjob is executed, the chracters of the text lines are compressed to only a few millimeters in width. The font height remains normal. Nothing is legible. This now ocurs on the printed doc as well as on the screen. After the doc is saved and opened in a different session, everything is OK and works well... What can I do? As always, every help and ...

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Text to columns

Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text
How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to emphasize in a word document. Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc. I cannot find the any of these features anywhere in Word 2007. "HELP" There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "...

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Excel hyperlink problem
Hello everyone, I have a strange excel problem and it's driving me nuts - I would be seriously grateful if someone could help me out! A colleague has this excel document with a huge number of hyperlinks in it, well over 1000 (don't ask me why she wants to use excel - she just does). The hyperlinks are in this format and are using DFS: \\cc\root\pte\tru\ch\scandata\Archaeology\1980\xxx.pdf Whenever she clicks on a link, a pdf from another area of the network is opened. Quite simple and no problems so far. However, as of yesterday, whenver she makes any kind of change to the excel fi...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Spiral text
Does anyone know how to create spiral text? In a draw program for sure. You probably can get close in Publisher, but it will not look as good as a draw program can do. Serif has a free program you can try. DrawPlus http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jaykay" <jaykay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71954A65-C46F-4005-9553-B324EFEE7500@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to create spiral text? I've downloaded the program, but can't figur...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

UDF that returns a Hyperlink
Is it possible in Excel 2007 using VBA to create a UDF that returns a hyperlink? Ideally I want a hyperlink where the display name is different to the linked URL. Any ideas? TIA First, if you mean you want the tooltip to show a different address, then I don't think that it's possible. Second, if you meant you want to see something in the cell that isn't the address of the link, then... There's an =hyperlink() worksheet function that may do exactly what you want: =hyperlink("http://www.microsoft.com","Click me!") Third, If you wan...

Converting number to text

how can I asign printscreen to a function key or key combination?
My key board has no printscreen key. What can I do? That seems unlikely, but it is hardly a Word issue. The PrtScn button is usually a dual function button somewhere on the top row of your keyboard. If it is not then you need to ask the keyboard manufacturer. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

SetKeyboardState to send Ctrl key combinations
Can anyone help me understand how to use the SetKeyboardState function. I have tried several examples I found online but none of them (nor any of my own attempts) work for sending keyboard combinations such as Ctrl+A. Here is the code I currently have that does not work Private Declare Function SetKeyboardState Lib "user32" (lppbKeyState As Byte) As Long Private Declare Function PostMessage Lib "user32" Alias "PostMessageA" ( _ ByVal hwnd As Long, _ ByVal wMsg As Long, _ ByVal wParam As Long, _ ByVal lParam As Long) As Long Privat...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...

Text Ticker
Hello Experts i was asked to do a simple project 1-want do a text ticker can be scroll left to right and right to left 2-transparent 3-no flicker 4-has a background image please where can i start and how to do it thank you BitBlt background to offscreen bitmap TextOut to the bitmap with appropriate offset and clipping region BitBlt offscreen bitmap to client area of screen Use a subclassed CStatic joe On 18 Aug 2006 20:59:22 -0700, "Prafulla T" <prafulla.tekawade@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello Experts > >i was asked to do a simple project >1-want do a text tic...

text box email publication
I am a publisher novice. I am trying to develop an e-mail newletter. The templates in publisher have a text box under each article with what appears to be a hyperlink with "more details". I assume this will enable the reader of the email to expand the text box and see the full details of the article. I like this feature as it means that readers only get to see the title and abstract and then can select the articles they want to read in full. Unfortunately I can not work out how to use this function and as usual help is no help. Tim no such feature in Publisher. "kiwi ti...

hyperlinks in pub 2003 #2
I cannot get my hyperlinks to work on this site. I have another site that is successful but for that one I did each page separately rather than as a publication as this one is. I've tried just adding the hyperlinks to the text and I also tried with html coding - neither worked. I've downloaded the html files and the name_files in question to the ftp html folder. Can someone offer any advise? www.offshoretranscriptioncanada.com The hyperlinks in question are on the 'locate a consultant' page. appreciate any help! donna All the links work here but all seem to go to the...

Transform fixed length text to xml
can i transform fixed length text to xml using XSL do i have to first load the text to xml and do the transformation? is there any other way to do it? ...

How do I de-activate hyperlink in Excel ?
I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some cells. I don't want them to appear as hyperlink. I know to remove hyperlink by right clicking on a cell but I want to learn how to de-activate hyperlink in the worksheet. try this code activesheet.hyperlinks.delete it will remove all the hyperlinks in the active sheet. "Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF501BB5-5344-481D-B73B-87CFCE8EAE30@microsoft.com... > I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some > cells. > I don't want t...

Finding text within text
Hello again, I've gotten the formula for finding occurrences of a word in one column based on whether it's in another column; now what I need is to find out whether a word in column A (for instance) appears in a string of text in column B. As in, a SKU in A, and a description in B, with the descriptions having several SKUs in each one. I need to be able to delete from a sheet any description that doesn't have the SKUs I'm looking for, and it would be really nice to color the corresponding cells the same, but even having the row number in the third row would be nice. Say I...