columns changed to numbers instead of letters?

I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and
forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6]
I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors.
Thanks
Mike
0
no_please (4)
10/29/2010 12:25:30 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style"

Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote:

>I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and
>forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6]
>I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors.
>Thanks
>Mike
0
phnorton (279)

Printer set changes when accessing GP from Terminal services
Hi, We are using GP8. My colleague had issues when she tries to print invoices from a GP client installation using terminal services. I help her to change the printer to a physical printer. But it changed back to a different one such as image writer. How the printer setting works for terminal services in GP? Gavin ------=_NextPart_0001_3FF3F32D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Gavin Are you using Named Printers? Have a look at the follow post for information on how to set up Named Printers. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/20...

Change date from mm-dd-yyyy to MMM-YY in Access
How do I change a field which contains a date in a mm-dd- yyyy format into mmm-yy format. For Example: Ship Month = 03/01/2004 Convert "Ship Month" value to display "Mar-04" Hi Vince, Set the Format property of the field, and/or the control(s) that are displaying it, to "mmm-yy" On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:01:52 -0700, "Vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change a field which contains a date in a mm-dd- >yyyy format into mmm-yy format. > For Example: Ship Month = 03/01/2004 > Convert "Ship Month&qu...

Changing the language in OWA
One of our users reports that when he connects to the internet and accesses his email using Outlook Web Access, he gets the French version of OWA and not the english. (The menus and commands are all in French). How can we change this to English? It's controlled by the default language configured in Internet Explorer; Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab General-> button Languages... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized ...

Letter Writing Assistant
I would like to see that the Letter Writing Assissant can generate collection letters in originating currency. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=538a7156-3297...

iPad changes or challenges society.
How does the ipad changes or challenges organizing in a governmental, collective, money-saving way? In appendix, how does the ipad rat to the 3 disciplines of Unparalleled, Sociology, and Anthropology? Thanks. -- Ronentike "Ronentike" <Ronentike.60a91a0@officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:Ronentike.60a91a0@officefrustration.com... > > How does the ipad changes or challenges organizing in a governmental, > collective, money-saving way? > > In appendix, how does the ipad rat to the 3 disciplines of Unparalleled, > Sociol...

Entourage future only Recurring Event change
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Is it possible to alter only the future occurrences of a recurring event? <br> Let's say a recurring event is going to have a different name or meeting place from the next session forward. Is it possible to edit only future events? I don't want to change the past editions of this event. I don't want to delete the past sessions, either. It seems to be an all or nothing proposition for recurring events, which is not desirable. I'm pretty sure Outlook had this option....

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

How to change the format?
I have some data from a SQL database I have put into an excel spreadsheet, this has produced four columns of data. In the coloumn B is a reference number and in coloumn C is the name the field and in coloumn D is the data. Now there can be upto 12 rows of information for the same ref. number with different field names and their relevant data. I need to do is to reformat the page so that the so that the field names in coloumn C go across the page, but I don't have a clue on how to do this, any suggestions? Tim Hi Tim, Ito sounds like you want to want to transpose your data. For e...

Downloading Statements / Changing Target Account
I previously had two accounts within my bank (Checking and Savings). My wife and I created a joint account and closed my savings account. Money was previously set up to download statements to both of my accounts. I have changed the status of the Savings account to closed and was hoping that when I was to download the file from the bank it would see the account closed and ask for a new account thus creating a new link. This does not happen it still enters the info into the old account. Is there anyway of linking to the new joint account? or do I have to delete the old savings account...

OFFSET for multiple columns & combobox format
Is there a way to have an OFFSET range of two columns? I have been using multiple columns for my X axis values with non-dynamic charts. Now i'm designing a dynamic chart, but Excel will not let me select two columns (month/wk) for my X axis. Another simple question > how can I format a comboBox text in a chart? Thanks. -- when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. To create an offset for multiple columns, first define a range name that makes up those columns. For example, the name "XAxisCol" covers columns A and B and refers to the formula / r...

Changing font from lowercase to uppercase easily
In Word I know that we can change the font of an entire document from lowercase to uppercase without having to re-type the document...is that possible in Excel? You can use a formula and a help column =UPPER(A1) or for multiple changes use VBA http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm scroll down halfway until you see the UPPER macro Regards, Peo Sjoblom "formhelp" wrote: > In Word I know that we can change the font of an entire document from > lowercase to uppercase without having to re-type the document...is that > possible in Excel? Create a macro na...

Mistake of changing decimal into whole numbers
Earlier in the year we rec'd a spreadsheet for prices. The format was 2.30, 1.05 etc. to make it simpler, someone change it to 230, 105 and the decimals was assumed after the 1st digit. Now the customer wants it back to 2.30 vs 230 but the format has been permanently changed. Is there any hope here of changing it back? Try this: Put 0.01 in a blank cell Copy that cell Select the range of number you want to move the decimal point on. Edit>Paste Special Check: Multiply and Values Click [OK] (If that doesn't do what you want....Edit>Undo) Does that help? *********** Reg...

Changing Account selection after typing email message
Outlook 2007: 1. My default account is KW1. 2. I start a new email. 3. I type the text of the email. 4. Before sending, I select the Account button and change to account KW2. 5. MY ENTIRE EMAIL MESSAGE IS LOST! THE ENTIRE TEXT DISAPPEARS!! The TO and SUBJECT remain, but that's it. By changing the FROM with the Accounts button, I lose the message. 6. I lose the will to type. Please help. you are typing in the signature panel. Edit the sigs so the first line is -- (2 dashes). This will help you see where they start so you can type above the line. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]...

how to copy a row of cells automatically from one worksheet to another by changing the value of1cell
Hello. I have 8 cells on the same row in one worksheet that I would like to be automatically copied to a predefined area in one of 3 other worksheets in my file depending on the number (1, 2 or 3) entered in one cell adjacent to these 8 cells. Is this possible and, if so, how could it be done? Thanks very much for any help you can offer me with this. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** David, You could use the worksheet change event: this will copy the eight cells from the s...

Image Change
how can I make below vb code work. I am getting error syaing "Operator '=' is not defined for types 'System.Drawing.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Bitmap' ". Please can any friend can help me on this. I am using Visual basic 2008 and trying to create image change in picture box control with timer. Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick If PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources.oneimg Then PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources.twoimg ElseIf PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources....

Inverting rows and columns
How do invert rows for columns so i can sort information by columns not rows Edit / Copy then Edit / Paste Special / Tranpose or you can simply sort left to right - look in the options on the sort dialog box. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Robkis" <an...

Cells Change Color in 2007
I have a file that was created in 2003 with pivot tables in it. When it is opened in 2007 some of the filters on the pivot table are filled in black, but not all of them. It recently added another cell to its blackening. They are not filled when I open it in 2003. I can't re-save it in 2007 because of some other Macros issues, but even if you do it will sometimes change them back to black again... ...

Money Plus Deluxe
I changed banks, and I need to add the new account to Money. I added and confirmed it online at MSN. The bank account is already in Money and being used. I can't find how to make this new account available to use in Money. Suggestions mi amigos and mi amigas? In microsoft.public.money, Trey wrote: >I changed banks, and I need to add the new account to Money. >I added and confirmed it online at MSN. >The bank account is already in Money and being used. > >I can't find how to make this new account available to use in Money. If you set up the account for online access,...

Page Headers and Frozen Columns
Hi In Excel 2007, when I have added a Page Header to a spreadsheet, it has told me that Page Layout view is not compatible with Freeze Panes. Is it not possible to have (a) Frozen Columns/Rows while in Normal mode, AND (b) A Page Header while in Page Layout mode? Thanks Barry It has nothing to do with page headers as far as I can see. I got the same message without them. So it looks like the rule is you cannot set frozen columns and then go into page layout view. I imagine that it would make scrolling about meaningless in PL view. It would be nice is Excel just ignored titles in...

rows & columns height & width
Hello, Is there a way of forcing the row height and column width to be equal , and to remain equal, so that all cells are square ? Thanks KK Here are a few of the results from a Google search with "Excel square cells" http://excel-tips.blogspot.com/2004/12/square-cells-in-excel.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip071.shtml http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080711081750AAwvQnw A Google with 'free graph paper' also gets some useful results best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "KRK" <...

Report not reflecting data that I just changed.
Hello, My first CRM report and after figuring out many many things, I have 1 very frustrating problem. I wrote a quotes report that when I run within CRM it looks great, but then when I change the data and try to re-run the report it does not reflect the changes. I hit re-calculate and save and see the changes in CRM, but when I run the report the report runs in a fraction of the time but does not have the updated data. I checked to insure that the reports manager is setup to grab the latest data. I ran the standard accounts report and it also does not reflect the latest data, so ...

How do i number a template so that it will increase 1,2,3 etc?
Like the date. so every time i open a new one the numbers will increase eg: 1 2 3 Dreamworks, have a look here, http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html and if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dreamworks" <Dreamworks@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

getting column and row names if a cell has a value
Hello, I am trying to pull data out of a large Excel spreadsheet to get a slimmed down version.. I have a large spreadsheet (100+ columns by 500+ rows, and 12 worksheets) that I'm trying to make sense of in order to import into another program. Each Column has a four-digit code for a "name", each row has a five- digit code for its "name." The majority of cells have a value of '0'. I am trying to get excel to look at the range, and if there is a value that is not zero in a cell, give me the column name in one column, the row name in the next column then the v...

Why does Excel Copy and Paste change dates from the original when.
When copying and pasting dates, Excel pastes strange dates. Where do these come from and how do I stop this from occurring? Copy and paste from where to where? Perhaps the "dates" you are copying are Text and not real dates. Give an example of a "strange date". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:27:04 -0800, "Excel changes dates in copy and paste" <Excel changes dates in copy and paste@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When copying and pasting dates, Excel pastes strange dates. Where do these >come from and how do I stop this from o...

Combine documents, merge changes & eliminate duplicates
I have 2 documents. About 75% of the information is identical in both. when I merge them I get a 3rd document that highlights and red-lines changes and shows what has been DELETED. What I want to do is: 1. Have word compare the 2 and delete only duplicate entries 2. Insert additions in one document from other 3. Show me what has been changed 4. Allow me to merge the two and ELIMINATE the correction notations (red text, lines, etc.) Let me know if this can be done - or maybe some hints on doing it manually. Thanks What you see depends on in what order you tell Word to con...