Column Re-sizing

Office 2007 Beta --- each time I open an Excel spreadsheet, all of the
columns have been re-sized. Normally 4 to 5 times their assigned widths.
Manual re-formatting is necessary but when the workbook is saved, closed and
re-opened, the column widths are re-sized again. I need a little guidance!

JimPat

0
ttebroc (1)
10/20/2006 6:35:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Could be a Before-open, or Before-close macro is re-sizing them?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jim" wrote:

> Office 2007 Beta --- each time I open an Excel spreadsheet, all of the
> columns have been re-sized. Normally 4 to 5 times their assigned widths.
> Manual re-formatting is necessary but when the workbook is saved, closed and
> re-opened, the column widths are re-sized again. I need a little guidance!
>
> JimPat

0
CLR (807)

Query not displaying correct column from a field
I have a table called Location with 2 columns, Abbr | Location VIL | Village I have a field on a form that is bound to the 2nd column of the table. I created a query based upon the form and have the location field in the query, when i run the query it displays the 1st column of the table. I need it to display the 2nd column. please adivise. Thanks Karl Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "thorpk@gmail.com&quo...

How to expand a collapsed column on excel worksheet?
I have two columns that I cant see (H and I). I want to see the value in them. How do I bring them back? EXCEL 2007 Click on G (cell header) and drag to J so that both columns are highlighted. Right click / Unhide. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Rhona" wrote: > I have two columns that I cant see (H and I). I want to see the value in > them. How do I bring them back? ...

Nonadjacent columns
How do I select noncontiguous columns? Select the first column/range ctrl-click on the subsequent columns/ranges. Barnsie wrote: > > How do I select noncontiguous columns? -- Dave Peterson CTRL + Click Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:20:01 -0800, Barnsie <Barnsie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I select noncontiguous columns? Hold down the CTRL key when you select -- Max Singapore --- "Barnsie" wrote: > How do I select noncontiguous columns? ...

Powerpoint font size
In ppt 2007, is it possible for the font size to automatically reduce when more info is being typed. I had this feature previously but somehow have lost it. "BK" <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39CB3C4-05C5-40AF-A6F6-AEC4BC28C53E@microsoft.com... > In ppt 2007, is it possible for the font size to automatically reduce when > more info is being typed. I had this feature previously but somehow have > lost it. Hi BK Office button -> PowerPoint Options -> Proofing -> AutoCorrect Options -> AutoFormat As You Type tab -...

Re: Two Outlook 2007 issues..
Hi, Forgot to mention, help about shows 12.0.6514.5000 sp2 mso 12.0.6529.5000 Thanks, Alan "Anonymous User" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > > Issue 1 : Dismissing a reminder will not permanentely dismiss it. It will > go away then, but come back later. > > Issue 2 : When sorting the inbox on something other than received date, > the ability to delete messages is impacted. You can try to delete a > message, and sometimes it will delete, but many times it will act as if it > did delete it, but the message is still present...

making a column with working hyperlinks?
I was wondering if there is a setting to make it so the hyperlinks in a column would be real hyperlinks and not just text? I looked at formatting and did not see anything there. -- Robert Anderson Hi there, Ctrl + K will bring up the Insert Hyperlink dialog box. You can navigate there by going to the Insert (menu) | Hyperlink. Or you can make use of the HYPERLINK function. An example would look like this .. =HYPERLINK("http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/","MyWebSite.com") -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Robert Anderson" <nospam@nospamn...

Printing A2 size using A4 paper size
I have created a timetable in a worksheet (Page Setup A4, Landscape).. I wish to blow it up to A2 size (which is equivalent to four A4 shee joined together). As my printer (HP deskjet 5550) restrictions only permit upto A4 siz printing, how may I setup the worksheet to be printed onto four A sheets so it merge into an A2 size sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

No NDR's when exceeding mail size limit
I have problem with NDR's (I'm not receiving them!) We configured Exchange 2003 so that the mail size limit is 5120kb and that a copy of the NDR is sent to another mailadres. When the mail size is exceeded the mail ends up in the badmail directory but the users or the mailadres to which a copy should be send are not getting a NDR. Does anyone have an idea. Tnx Onno Take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294757 On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:03:09 -0800, BSG Helpdesk <BSGHelpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have problem with NDR's (...

Dialog window size
Hi, Is there a way to change the size of dialog window without editing in text editior, the resource file ? i don't want too, to increase size with mouse using handle. something like property editor could be very interesting. tia, Maileen "Maileen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OeIK63i9DHA.2392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there a way to change the size of dialog window without editing in > text editior, the resource file ? > i don't want too, to increase size with mouse using handle. > > something like property editor could...

Booklet Size
Is 24 pages maximum size for a booklet or can this be reset. I had a slightly larger booklet and had to split it. You can have as many pages as you need. Are you getting an error? Do you have lots of illustrations? It could be a memory limitation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shawnews" <anybody@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:Lpcbj.4015$DP1.815@pd7urf2no... > Is 24 pages maximum size for a booklet or can this be reset. I had a slightly > larger booklet and had to split it. > ...

displaying data within column
hi there i'm having alot of trouble trying to display data within column. here is a screenshot of what i am doing: '[img=http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6720/graph2vr.th.jpg] (http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graph2vr.jpg) the x axis is phase so each column in the graph are phases. the y axi is time - how long each phase lasts. but within each of the phases (columns) i would like to display data the final data column in the spreadsheet - "% of cost in phase". so th phase (column) is broken down into its deliverables (the 2nd data colum in spreadsheet) accordi...

Sumproduct where cell values are the same in a sorted column
In cell C2 I have the following formula that works fine for what I need it for. =SUMPRODUCT(($L1:$L23<$B1)*($M1:$M23<=$A$1)*($L13:$L23>=$K1)) In the cells in column J i have a list of numbers that are the same in the following different ranges as follows J2:J23 = 123456 J24:J30 = 123457 J31 = 123458 J32:J33 = 123459 etc. I copy the formula in cell C2 down the column and then I have to manually change the range in the formula to match the ranges of other columns. So the following cells will have the following formulas in. The rest of the cells in the range are ...

Reducing file size #2
I have a worksheet/file that is 20mb because it contains a lot of links, formulas, and apparently some embedded coding. I think the coding is there because the file uses Hyperion Essbase to retrieve data from a financial general ledger. In order to reduce the file size, I highlight the entire sheet, select copy, then paste values into a new worksheet in a new file. This leaves me with approximately 8,000 rows and 20 columns of data. The size of the new file is 12mb. I would expect the new file size to be much less than 12mb. Is there a way to further reduce the file size, or am I ...

RE: Outlook 2000 .pst file over 2GB
SOS! HELP! My Outlook 2000 crashed because my .pst file is 1.96 GB. According to MS knowledge base article 296088, I truncated some 25MB, it worked but I lost some very important email files. Is there any way or any data recovery tools I could use to recover all my original 1.96 GB .pst file. Thank you very much for the HELP!!! No, but what you can do is open the pst-file in a HEX editor and delete a porting of the file, save it (under a different name) and then repair it with scanpst.exe. Once you've recovered that you can do it again by deleting another portion of the file and...

Outlook Express: Re Inbox
I am unable to delete e-mail messages from the inbox. I highlight the e-mail message, click delete, does not delete. When I double click the e-mail message then click delete, a message box reads, "This message can not be deleted." However,I can delete sent e-mail messages. I can 'Blocksender' the e-mail message adding it to the Block Sender List but will not remove the message from the inbox. I have up-dated Outlook Express and Windows. Still unable to delete the e-mail messages in the inbox. Colleen Wiens <cwiens@sd52.bc.ca> wrote: > I am unable to del...

Move rows into columns
I have an Excel sheet that has 8000+ rows that include contact information. I'd like to move them from all of those rows into 6 columns. Currently it lookzs like: name title company address city/state/zip phone .... .... .... And I'd like to create a formula to move it to 6 columns that look like this: name title company address city/state/zip phone I'm still an Excel novice but would appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks! You will need VBA code to get this done. If you would like I could whip up a code for you if yo...

Re: proverka
"alex vashurin" <vashurin10@mail.ru> wrote in message news:... > zxgchjch proverka "alex vashurin" <vashurin10@mail.ru> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:urK60KQ0KHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > "alex vashurin" <vashurin10@mail.ru> wrote in message news:... >> zxgchjch proverka ...

Excell: Column Changes
The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? Tools|options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 reference style Doug wrote: > > The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Tools -- Options. On the View tab, under Settings, uncheck R1C1 style. Rgds, And...

Default column width opeing *.csv in Excel
How do you set default column width when opening a *.csv in Excel? Changing files in \XlStart directory did not help. -nn As it is a csv you will only be able to do this in code. If it is the same file layout each time, why not record a macro in your personal.xls file and run this each time -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Netnathan" <n.a.smith@att-nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23NpbeF9FHHA.4588@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you set default column width when opening a...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #2
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Re: jeremiah
"owner" <jeremiah@yahool.com> wrote in message news:... > hey my new movie will becoming at jluy 13 2008 > so we are letting let you know that you can join us by > my texsing www.tylerperryjogebrown.com > in you can e-mail if you what to join me ...

How do I change the width of a column?
I am using Access 2007. I have a database with over 30,000 records. Is there any way to change the width of a column where that it will accept more than 62 characters? I can change the width of the field, but not the number of characters accepted. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:51:59 -0400, "Terry Watson" <tmw@sc.rr.com> wrote: >I am using Access 2007. I have a database with over 30,000 records. Is there >any way to change the width of a column where that it will accept more than >62 characters? I can change the width of the fi...

How to align new text in columns with existing text
I have text where I need to put the translation in a second column to line up with this text. How do I create blank new column without the existing text jumping in it? A two-column table would work better than using the "newspaper" or "snaking" columns. If you already have snaking columns, you can easily convert the text to a table. Turn off Columns and remove any Continuous section breaks you may have. Select the text, Table, Convert, Text to Table, check the Tabs at the bottom of this dialog, change the number of columns to 2, OK. You should now have a ...

RE: Row to a Column
Hi there, I have a group of rows and want to transpose them to a columns. say I have column of address (four rows, Address, city, state zip) and each address is saperated by blank rows. I want to transpose each address into a column. Is there a way to do this in excell? wilde wood ave Lake land FL 90010 Little rock rd San diago CA 92345 Result after transpose wilde wood ave Lake land FL 90010 Little rock rd San diago CA 92345 any help appricated. Thanks -Murali Select the 4 cells in the column. Copy (control c). Select 4 cells in a row. Ed...

RE: Check that critical package from the MS Corp.
--wmnzhgemebki Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vkmrndrkhckopwqt"; type="multipart/alternative" --vkmrndrkhckopwqt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hbvvvkpkl" --hbvvvkpkl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...