Column names??

Hi

My Column names are not showing-up as A, B, C, D...
                         They are showing-up as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

I do not understand why this is happening??

I have tried running: Excel.exe /regserver

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Clive
0
cliveswan (17)
8/26/2008 3:22:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In xl2003 and below:
Tools|Options|General|Uncheck R1C1 reference style

--

Dave Peterson
0

Shortcut Key For Column Autofit
Dear Friends , Pls Tell me what is the shortcut key for autofit coloumn in Excel 2002 . like, for format cell we can press Ctr+1. L, is there any shortcut for dooing the autofit column..Pls.. Regards, Mahesh Double-click on the right-hand border of the column header -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mahesh Kumar K Hegde" <maheshinna@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u$mCBKI9EHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Dear Friends , > > Pls Tell me what is the shortcut key for autofit coloumn in Excel 2002 . > like, for format cell we can press C...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, Sorted! :) :) :) ... sth was missing (<) The formula to be used is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)<=1 and NOT =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)=1 ... little things make the difference, isn�t it ;) ? Thank you very much for your support and your time. Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

changing report headings names
I would like to give the user the option of changing the report heading names, I can do this with the Docmd.openreport, stdocname, acviewdesign,,,achidden and then grab the current heading and display that heading and allow the user to change it. I then do a docmd.close acreport, stdocname, acSaveYes, this works just fine when I test but when I compile the program into a mde it doesn't like the it. Is there another way of doing this? Thanks for any help. Tom you can write the current heading names to a table, making sure the table holds only one record. add the table to the quer...

Long Description? Manufacturer name? Images?
Hi, We ahve GP 8.0 and want to add an additional long description to items (short paragraph). Is there a field the either is created for this or could be used for this purpose? Same thing with Manufacturer. We want to be able to store this information in it's own field attached to the item. And anywhere for images? Thanks, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_8B600AF1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Angela; I'd be happy to help you with your question today. Thank you for using newsgroups. It looks like you want to add a long description (...

Exchange 5.5 Client setup
Hi We have an old Exchange 5.5 server on NT4 (all SP and relevant patches). Now when we connect up a new client at the point Outlook (2000 or 2003) checks for the user/server it says name not matched . The accounts all work when an admin account on the Server domain is used ie finds user etc ok. Also existing profiles have been getting odd errors when sending to external email addreses. Normally related to permissions denial or mapi encounterted an error please retry or restart Outlook. Recent changes are: A user accessing with XP SP2 on Outlook 2003, had problems authenticating and t...

Duplicate Columns on Different Sheets
Assuming I have a column on Sheet1 named "Customers1" and another colum named "Customers2" on Sheet2, is there a way that I can automaticall copy any data inputed from Customers1 to Customers2? I currently use =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1),"",Sheet1!A1) and drag a necessary. This works well but if I insert rows into Sheet1, then must remember to insert the same row into Sheet2. I was thinking if I could automtically copy an entire column, thi would a) make things easy and b) decrease the possibility of error -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, ...

Outlook 2000 display name
Trying to change the display name of an account in Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP machine But I can't find the option to do it, all I keep on getting is e-mail services and nothing that says accounts even when I go through options. Any help would be appreciated Corp/Workgroup mode does not use the term account. Your Internet Mail Service is your email account. Set the name there in Properties -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Miranda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2a01c46e89$a46fc5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to change the display n...

Sorting column data
How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in alphabetical order? Alan I recommend Excel help. Search for: Sort a range. -- Steve "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in > alphabetical order? > > Alan > > "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appe...

hiding columns #5
Hi, I'm trying to hide columns certain columns in my sheet using VB macro. Hiding of column should be based on the selection made by the user. for example I wanna hide Columns X-AW for a view and for other view wanna hide Column A -X. The logic I'm using is in column X I hav placed a pointer "eofr" I look for that using Find method. That works fine but after that th Range I'm giving to hide Columns fails :( . Please see code below. An help will be appreciated! :) Set ExcelLastCell = ActiveSheet.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell) LastColumn = ExcelLastCell.Column Column =...

The sheet path file name ?
Hi all , How can i edit in a cell a formula to retrieve the whole path of th sheet and not only the file ! Thank you veru much -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48453 If you can use a UDF in your workbook then you could use one like so Function FullPath() As String Application.Volatile True FullPath = ThisWorkbook.FullName End Function -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Sout...

'07 Large Operation Error (Delete / Insert Rows and/or Columns)
Help! I was so excited to have '07 until... I have a very simple worksheet in a work book - This very simple worksheet takes up 78 rows and 16 columns. Minimals formats / formulas etc. I would like to insert additional rows but I get the error message which says "Large Operation. The operation you are about to perform affects a large # of cells and may take a significant amount of time to complete. Are you sure you want to continue? Note: This operation will be performed in 60 seconds if no response is received". I have tried to select "OK" as well a...

distinct values in column
I like to format a column such that it allows only distinct values. fo eg in the column A i have 10 numbers 1to 10 (A1 to A10) . if i ente any value between 1 and 10 in A11 it should not allow. A11,A12.....et should allow only distinct values. pls help me to do this thanks in advanc -- parthaemai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- parthaemail's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3131 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51928 Data > Validation > Allow whole number > Betw...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

How to rename a column title in excel?
How to rename a column title in excel? If you mean to change the "A", "B", "C" column headers, you can't. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "atta" <atta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0190E8D-61DA-4460-9210-1BD33CEA7E65@microsoft.com... > How to rename a column title in excel? Tools > Options > GeneralTab > check the box marked "R1C1 reference style".........that will change columns A, B, C, etc to columns 1, 2, 3, etc..... othe...

Email Archiving/Routing to Public Folders, based on domain names
Ok, here's what I'm going for: I'm beginning to use Sharepoint to manage my client's network configurations (documentation, knowledgebases, etc). I plan on having a unique Sharepoint site per client, and I'm well aware of how to link a public folder to the site. What I'd like to accomplish - to have all email sent and received to a specific client journaled/archived to a public folder, which is linked to that particular client's sharepoint site. Eg - joe@contoso.com emails me with his IT issue. I respond back, resolve Joe's problem, everything's ...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Pie of Pie
I've made a Pie of Pie chart and want to change the name of the wedge that get broken out from "other" to "Agency". Hi, Manually you can select the data labels and then select the specific label and edit its text. Cheers Andy smccarvi wrote: > I've made a Pie of Pie chart and want to change the name of the wedge that > get broken out from "other" to "Agency". > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Grouping consecutive rows/columns in different groups
Hello, I am trying to use the group command under the data menu: I want to have one group for rows 1 -5 and a different group for row 6-10. Everytime i group 1-5 then i try to group 6-10, it creates on group of rows 1-10??? How do i keep these groupings seperate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com HI, I'm not sure this is best, but if you insert a line between row 5 and 6, then group, they'll be separate. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I am trying to use the group command under the data menu: >I want to have one group for rows 1 -5 and a differ...

Excel
Dear Community, How can I change the size of the name box so I can see the whole name I gave to a specific range? Thanks, Marton Excel 2007 allows you do to this. In earlier versions, you cannot change the size of the box itself. You can, however, widen the width when it drops down. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.mail> wrote in message news:uyhsjnDUHHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear ...

Import and add File Name to field
I have to import mutliple files to clean and update and export them back out again. The files do not have a reference as to where the data comes from. I use a function to import all the data at once into one table but want to add the filename to the end of each record so i can determin where each record originated from. Any ideas if this is possilbe and how to achieve this. Thanks Craig Private Sub cmdImport_Click() Dim strfile As String Dim path As String path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Lists\" ChDir ("C:\Documents and Settings\Lists\") strfile = Dir("*.txt&...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Programming a tab name into a Header String
I have a function that creates unique tabs based on a column. programmatically set the Center Header to a string listed below. also need it to display the tab or worksheet name, but whenever I ad [tab] to the string below it bombs out. How can I get this to displa the worksheet name in the header as well Current CenterHeader = "Insurance Operations Six Month Schedule as of " Sheets("MainForm").Range("A9").Value Like To Have CenterHeader = "Insurance Operations Six Month Schedule as of " Sheets("MainForm").Range("A9").Value +...

Database Name
Access 2007 - The name of the database I am working in had been changing to just read "Miscrosoft Access" whenver I ran a query or opened a table - I went in the Access Options, Current Database and changed the Application Title to what I wanted. This worked short-term while I was in the database. However, once I close and go back in, it has defaulted back to saying "Micrsoft Access" after a query has been run. Any way around this default? Thanks in advance. As I recall, each query, each form, each "object" has a caption property that determines wh...