Color Tabs

I've been messing around trying to come up with an easy way to color code
the worksheet tabs. Any ideas?

SAM

0
sthomsen (1)
7/24/2003 6:07:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Samuel,

Only available in XL2K2 (XP).

Regrets,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)

publisher 2007 to PDF
When I convert my publisher 2007 file to PDF using the 'publish in PDF' option, the color text in publisher appears as black text in PDF regardless of the original color or the font I use. Do not have this issue with color objects but only with text. Any fixes? Thx in advance. Try the free PrimoPDF. http://www.primopdf.com "ram" <ramsjunk@gmailnospam.com> wrote in message news:a89c69bfe19c4b64bd3a14767c73dc55@ureader.com... > When I convert my publisher 2007 file to PDF using the 'publish in PDF' > option, the color text in publisher appears as bla...

Worksheet Tab names?
Within a Workbook can I arrange things such that the Worksheet Tab name is taken and maintained from a cell within the same Worksheet, or better yet an index of Worksheet Tab names in a master Worksheet? If so How? TIA. Chris. On 22 Feb., 10:18, "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitch...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: > Within a Workbook can I arrange things such that the Worksheet Tab name is > taken and maintained from a cell within the same Worksheet, or better yet an > index of Worksheet Tab names in a master Worksheet? If so How? > > TIA. > > Chris....

Database Subset in Tabs?
I have a very basic table/database (columns of data with a field name in the first row) on a sheet in one tab. How can I have other tabs which dynamically show only data that matches certain criteria in the database? For example, my database has columns for the Project Name, Project Number and Status. In the Status column, it shows either Active, Closed or Dead. How can I construct the worksheet so I have one tab that shows all of the data for the Active projects, one for the Closed projects and one for the Dead projects? I want the data on these 3 tabs to automatically change as ...

Missing Permissions Tab
I've added a new Exchange Administrator (ver 5.5 SP4). He can see everything but the Permissions Tab which is missing in the mailbox properties. He has been given all the same access levels as me (Permission Admin) and I have no problem seeing Permissions Tab. I've verified this by checking the properties at each level in Exchange server setup. It matches me perfectly. Can anyone help? Thx, CB So if he goes to Tools-Options-Permissions and checks Show Permissions Page for all objects, this does not appear? -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not sen...

Tab order for dynamically added button
Hi, I have added a button to a property sheet. But the added button is slipping tab sequence. How can I programmatically set the tab sequence for the controls. Right now I am overriding PreTranslateMessage() method and checking for the message to be WM_KEYDOWN and if it is from TAB, set the proper focus. Can u please suggest any other way of doing this. Thanks in advance, Sreekanth. You cna use SetWindowPos to change the Z order(same as tab order). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Kollu" <Sreekanth.kollu@wipro.com> wrote in message news:0b7f01c35061$c2...

Worksheet tabs 01-29-10
Running 2007 on windows xp. All of the sudden I cannot right click on the worksheet tabs. I right-click and nothing happens. I need to do this to copy and move worksheets around. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix it or how to get around it? Recently, I installed and uninstalled some add-ins, and my guess is that the add-ins changed a property somewhere. Try this... Open excel Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros live) hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window Then type this and hit enter: application.commandbars("ply").enable...

"This tab has been recovered" keeps poping up
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate with latest patches applied. I keep getting errors popping up saying "This tab has been recovered...." This occurs even when IE does not appear to be running. The errors just appear on my desktop even when nothing is running. After checking further I see that I have about a dozen or more iexplore.exe 32 bit versions still running in Task Manager. These must be what is throwing the errors and the number of IEs still running appears to be somewhat equal to the number of times I have opened IE and closed it. I have not seen any errors when...

Button background color #2
Today I received following re how to change button background color. But I do not know how to get to design mode. I am using excell 2000. hi in design mode, right click the button. click properties. read down the property list for and click backcolor. a color pallate will appear. this is for the button color or back color. further down the list look for and click fore color. another color palate. this is to set the color of the text. regards FSt1 thanks for your help bob leonard rleonard@mich.com View|Toolbars|Check Control toolbox The top left icon (unless you changed it <bg&g...

Unable to print in color on HP 2605dn
In one publication, I am able to see the color output correctly in the print preview window. When I send this image to my HP 2605 (color) printer, it comes up in B&W. I am able to send other publications to the printer and they print correctly in whatever colors I have selected. The publication is trivial - a block of text surrounded by an autoshapre (BorderArt - Basic Wide Inline). I configured a color scheme (sapphire) and used only the first dark blue for the border and the text. Is there something special about autoshapes? With respect to the printer, is it possible that a subst...

How do I change the color for highlighting cells
I am relatively new to Excel and have just started using Excel 2007. The color used when highlighting a cell is a very faint grey and hard to see. I was wondering if there was a way to change it This is a problem that several others have complained about - you're not alone! There doesn't seem to be a good way to do anything to change it using Excel 2007's 'native' settings. You can try changing the color scheme, but I personally don't see much improvement using any of them. However, you may try Chip Pearson's RowHighlighter add-in and see if that doesn&#...

Auto shapes and text boxes will not format (Color in)
Any help would be so greatly appreciated: I just installed MS Office Professional Plus 2007. There are some features that will not work. For instance, I can not color in any text boxes or auto shapes in MS Word and Publisher. There was a free trial which has expired. I uninstalled it. I also uninstalled MS Office Professional Plus 2007 and then reinstalled it – and those features still aren’t working. The software was activated. I even tried to activate it again...but it indicated that activation was already complete. Thank-you to anyone who has some advice for me. ...

IE8 gives"stopped working" message when I close tabs
I've seen a lot of people complaining about this but no fixes. When I close an open explorer window, I get a message that IE has stopped working and it is searching for a fix, then a box to close the program. So far, I have reset all the defaults for IE8 and tried using IE without any add-ons. It works correctly without add-ons. The only changes to the computer in the last few days have been: download a driver scanner which installed the Ask add-on, updated something from Adobe, and the automatic Windows update ran. Any ideas where the problem came from? -- Win 7, IE8, Fu...

How do I change the default color of the tag for insert c... #2
This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default color? Thanks in advance. You can't change the color. You could use the Drawing Tools to draw a tiny little triangle over it (or them) and then give it a fill color. See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html for more on comments. tj "ntwrkengnr@hotmail.com" wrote: > This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while > doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default c...

Cell Protection Color
I have a large spreadsheet that has alot of single cells that need to be locked. Is there an easy way to see the locked/unlocked status of the cells on a spreadsheet? Maybe by having locked cells shaded? Thank you for any help anyone can give. Are you using Format|conditional Formatting? If no, you could use that to shade the locked cells. Select your range (assuming A1 is the activecell in that selection) format|conditional formatting formula is: =CELL("protect",A1) Format to your liking. ====== I use this: Tools|customize|commands tab|Format category Near the bottom of that...

How do I get my Excel time-line column chart to display in color?
I have Excel 2002. I am trying to create a clustered column chart with a time-scale x-axis. It seems to create the chart, but it limits it to black and white, with skinny little columns that you can hardly distinguish. As soon as I eliminate the dates along the x axis, it turns into technicolor. But that isn't what I need. Help! i am having excel 2000. if you point cursoron the bar and right click you get <format data series> on the left side click custom and click color andchoose color and ok it see whether you get what you want. Father Garrin <Father Garrin@discussi...

How Do I change the background color of a cell in microsoft excel.
Post questions in the BODY of the message format>cells>patterns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "amac" <amac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EAB8D80-09EB-4C1A-9D77-BE1FCA896382@microsoft.com... > ...

When changing Style Sheet color believe all colors in Business Po.
On page 107 of the Business Portal Admin guide for release 2.0 it states that the individual Web Parts obtain their colors from the assigned SharePoint theme. When going to _layout/1033/settings.aspx we change the theme for Business Portal, however the theme does not roll over to the HRM web parts. We realize that the in the manual it states: 'This document includes information about updating the cascading style sheets that are installed with Business Portal, but not those that may be added if you install integrating products, such as Key Performance Indicators.' However we ...

conditional line color
Hi, I'm trying to make a line graph for 203 subjects with 3 data points. I would like to color code the individual line based on another variable. I want 203 lines, but only 4 colors. Is there some way to do this without manually changing each individual line? Thanks for your help! Jessica Have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "JFolsom" <jgmsidler@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9313c3e6-e4f0-4692-89c0-9fe2d862899e@k6g2000y...

Set Focus on tabs
i have a tab control w/ a bunch of tabs. most of these tabs have subform (or 2). to increase performance, the subforms are unbound until the tab is clicked (i do this w/ code). this works well. the issue is when i click on one of the tabs w/ a subform, i can NOT use the Tab key; i get a Windows 'beep' (no error message). it is as if there is NO focus on any control. if i click in a subform/control on that tab, i can then use the Tab key to navigate. this is annoying as it slows down data entry because i then have to use the mouse. this does NOT happen if: i remove the code that sets ...

How do I change the color for cell selection in excel?
I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel 2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick black line. I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature? On Dec 31 2007, 6:52 pm, dminliberty <dminlibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, > column, or specific grou...

How do I color specific data series based on location on data she
I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J to T. Is there an easy way to do this? Format one of them the way you want. Select the other series you want to change and press F4. This may be difficult with 150 series, however. "Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F62297E-447B-4507-8D4A-A2C9A38C08EA@microsoft.com... > I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them > red based on where in the data sheet ...

RMS Store Ops should have a Related Items Tab in Item properties
RMS Store Ops 1.3 There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with your webstore. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busine...

Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group?
I was wondering how do you change the color of the number in a cell when that number is the lowest number in a group of cells? Thanks in advance. Anthony I used this formula in "Conditional Formatting" in cell B3: =B3=MIN($B$3:$B$6) .... and applied a distinctive cell format. Then I copied cell B3 and pasted it into B4 to B6. Enter a series of numbers into B3 to B6 and the lowest number shows the format you applied. Hi, Use conditional formatting and the MIN formula using these settings Cell Value is: Equal to: and type your formula e.g... =MIN($A$1:$B$10) choose your form...

Font color won't stay the same when printing in Publisher
I am applying a custom color to text, but when I print preview or just try to print it only prints in black. Am I doing something wrong? Sean wrote: > I am applying a custom color to text, but when I print preview or > just try to print it only prints in black. Am I doing something > wrong? This is related to your printer/printer driver. Be sure that your printer not only supports color (duh :-), but that the default properties are not set to print in grayscale. I have an HP PhotoSmart P1000 at home that prints awesome color. BUT, by default, I changed the printer settings to...

How do i change the color for the printer
Please tell me asap!! Paint it? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "xxlilazndevilxxp" <xxlilazndevilxxp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5DD8EDF-A227-43D8-A722-2663D9FEAAA3@microsoft.com... > Please tell me asap!! > ...