Color Chart Columns to Color Specified by a Cell Value

I want to create a chart with the color of the columns specified by a
value in a cell. All of the columns can be of the same color. I am
already using the code below to update the scale of the chart, using a
value in cell E35 in this case. Is there something I can add to this
to control the color or do I need to use a seperate piece of code?

Sub UpdateScale()
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 4").Activate
With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
..MinimumScale = 0
..MaximumScale = Range("e35").Value
End With
End Sub
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Is there a way to separate into own cells?
I have xxx-xxx-xxxx(followed by a /) FirstName LastName xx-xxxx all in the same cell (ie: 865-356-8434/Curtis Gogel 01-AUDT) but would like to have : 8653568434(no dashes)|Gogel, Curtis|01-AUDT. Is it possible to "tweak" the excel cell info from ONE cell into three, appearing as such listed above? Assuming all of your data follows the same format as your example, these formulas should work: =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,12),"-","") =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",&q...

How can I add the values based the color of font and the date
Hello, I wanted to know if it was possible to add the values of cells based on the color of font. And while doing this I also need it to do it based on the date in another cell. Example: Sheet 1 Qty Date Cell A1 288 (blue) Cell B1 4/13/2010 Cell A2 190 (red) Cell B2 4/13/2010 Cell A3 400 (blue) Cell B3 4/13/2010 " " 350 (red) " " 4/13/2010 " " 540 (blue) " " 4/12/2010 " " 1...

How do I freeze the widths of columns?
I'm trying to freeze the widths of columns so that when users of the worksheet are using it, they can't change the width. It's for editors who write headlines for specific areas that can only be as long as the column is wide or the text won't fit. One way is to right click on the cell, select 'format cells', select the 'allignment' tab, and select the 'wrap text' check box. The other way is to select 'format', 'column' and 'width'. This will not wrap the text but will keep the column at the width you specify. Hope this help...

How do I subtract one column from another?
I am trying to subtract columns in excel to get a third column with totals automatically without having to subtract each row individually. please help!!! Assuming data in columns A & B. In cell C1 type: =A1-B1 With cell C1 selected double-click on the fill handle, lower right of cell. George Gee "jewels" <jewels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:997E922A-A304-4C32-9B80-921CD8C484EB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to subtract columns in excel to get a third column with totals > automatically without having to subtract each row individually. &g...

Adding columns past the 256 limit
Hi folks, Is there any way of extending the number of columns past the 256 limi (MS Excel 97 version)?? many thanks for any input Best regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No. Nor in 2000, XP or 2003. If you really need more than 256 columns take a look at Quattro Pro. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "melvin >" <<melvin.128d62@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melvin.128d62@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi folks, > ...

Sorting Data in a column
I am trying to extract data that is in a single column to split it into 3 columns. The data is cyclic and has 3 variables, a time, a data point and a random number. These simply run abcabcabcabc down the column and i would like to get all of the a's into a column, all of the b's into another column and all of the c's into a third column. any ideas? VBA? Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If iLastRow Mod 3 <> 1 Then iLastRow = iLastRow - 1 If iLastRow Mod 3 <> 1 Then iLastRow = iLa...

Data Label Reverts Back to Default Font Size / Color
I am having an issue where the data labels keep reverting back to the default font size & color. I'll change them to a smaller size/ different color and when I save and reopen, it will go back to the default size, font and color. I've tried it on my Imac - working in Powerpoint 2008 running Version 10.6.3 - Snow Leopard as well as on the my Dell laptop running Windows 7. Also, curiously enough, I've emailed the document to a coworker and he opened and changed in on his PC running XP and the fonts did not revert to default after saving and re-opening on his end. I am w...

COUNT while eliminating duplicate values
I am trying to get a count for the number of employees in a range but want to eliminate duplicate values. Does anyone know the easiest wa to accomplish this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip061.htm HTH Jason Atlanta,GA >-----Original Message----- > >I am trying to get a count for the number of employees in a range but I >want to eliminate duplicate values. Does anyone know the easiest way &g...

Rounding/truncating values in Reports
I am building a custom report which gives a summary of the number of accounts, leads and opportunities each manager has, and a break down of the opportunities and leads (like the Account Overview report). In the opportunity and lead summary sections, I want to display the top 5 by price, and display the total estimated value, total weighted value and average estimated probability (just like the Account Overview). I have created all this and it's fine, except for the fact that it displays the monetry values with no dollar sign and 1 decimal place, and the probability value has 13 decimal ...

Average value only for the filtered area..
Dear, I have data in the range of cells A2:E1000. The row 1 has the headers to which i had given filters. The column E has a numeric value for which an average value is required at G1 for only those cells in column E which reflect by a filter in column C. For example, after selecting a particular name using the filter in column C, it resulted in 10 numerical values, the formula should calculate average value of only those 10 values and reflect in G1. Please help. Hi, Try this in G1 =SUBTOTAL(101,C2:C100) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise eq...

multi-colored text for a list control in a CFormView
What would be the best way of implementing multi-colored text for a list control in a CFormView? For example, if the text for one of the rows is as such: CString text = "^1Multi^2colored ^3Text"; I'd like it to show up as Multi(in red), colored(in green), and Text(in yellow). I'm guessing that I would have to parse the string in an owner drawn list control. Does anybody know of any examples of this, or have an idea? You're going to have to derive your own list control class from CListControl,and override the virtual methods Create and DrawItem. Here's the basic ...

#N/A plotted as 0 on line chart
From all I've seen, #N/A should be the value to use if you do not want blanks to show on your line chart. I have a table showing load times for two different databases over 30 days. Sheet 1 shows the chart. Sheet 2 contains VLOOKUP functions to pull the last 30 days worth of data from Sheet 3 (which has all the data starting early December) If I have blanks on sheet 3, my VLOOKUP functions (Looking like this: "=IF(ISERR(VLOOKUP(I6,Driver!A:J,4,FALSE)),NA(),VLOOKUP(I6,Driver!A:J,4,FALSE))" ) correctly return "#N/A" to the cell. When the line chart hits...

A Different Question About Colors
I use Outlook 2003 SP-2 I started using the Organize tool to assign colors to mail from certain people. I now find that I�d like to change or eliminate the colors for certain of those people, and it won�t let me. It�ll say Done! As it always does, but the colors don�t change. Any thoughts are appreciated. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** ...

Dynamic stacked column chart with ranking
Hi All, I would like to design a stacked column chart that stacks up supply based on ranking, from cheapest to most expensive, and to keep the same colors on any given day. the y axis will plot supply, and the x-axis will plot time (day 1, day 2, day 3 etc...) E.g. Day 1 Apples - supply 5, price 20p (color red on chart) Pears - supply 3, price 25p (color blue on chart) Bananas - supply 6, price 30p (color green on chart) So on Day 1, the stack will be from bottom to top, Apples (red), Pears (blue) and Bananas (green) (cheapest to most expensive) Day 2 Pears - supply 4, price 15p (co...

Color Scheme Error In Publisher
When I open up publisher 2007, and click on anny of the publication types, this message pops up: the color scheme registry key is either missing or is corrupt. Run setup again to reinstall the color shceme registry. I have reinstalled the program several times and nothing has worked. Does anyone know how I can repair this problem?? I know absolutely nothing about computers.... Try an Office Diagnostic under Help. Have you created any custom color schemes? Do they work? If you have created custom schemes, delete them, see if that helps. They are called *custcols.scm* They are in a...

Problem with Second value Y Axis
HI, I create chart using VBA. I use chart type is XlLine. but it want show the second value of Y axis. My requirement is show data and Axis Title. My code is Set objChart = objWorkSheet.ChartObjects.Add(50, 20, 500, 300).Chart With objChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries .Name = "Reduction Goal" .Values = objWorkSheet.Range("F2:F10") .XValues = objWorkSheet.Range("B2:B10") End With With objChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries .Name = " " .Values = objWorkSheet.Range("E2:E10") ...

Any way to make all references in a cell absolute?
Is there any way to make all references in a cell (or better yet a rang of cells) absolute -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ModelerGirl! This was posted earlier today Sub Absolute() 'Converts all relative refs in formula to absolute 'Posted by Gord Dibben 27-Feb-2004 Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection If cell.HasFormula Then cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _ (cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute) End If Next 'line above in ( ) can be altered for varying references as below '(cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn) '(cell....

Inserting a Hard Carriage Return within a Cell
I believe in word tables you use a ctrl+return, but how do you do it in excel with out taking yourself to the next cell. I am doing address, and want all entries in a cell to line- up after formatting in wrap text. Use ALT+Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "DL Ressel" <davidlee.ressel@viacom.com> wrote in message news:078701c386ba$0c3ab940$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I believe in word tables you use a ctrl+return, but how > do you do it in excel with out taking yourself to the next > cell. > > I am ...

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Search only values, then replace
In Excel 2003, without using VB[A], is there a way go to all cells whose *value* contains the search string, then replace that string inside the cell with a replacement string if the cell doesn't contain a formula? If I search formulas, there are too many unwanted hits. Press F5 (GoTo), then click on Special, select Constants and Text (i.e. unselect Numbers, Logicals and Errors). Click OK, and this will then highlight those cells with values that are text. Then do CTRL-H (Find/Replace) and enter your search string and replace string and click Replace All - it will only affect the highlig...

Picklist sequence value
I have picklist values that I am trying to synch between two entities but one has some used sequence numbers that were deleted. I'd like to use them again so that my numbers match up, is this possible. I've already considered making blank values and moving one of the ranges up but I'd rather gain back those lost ids. Hi Ryan, You will need to delete and re-create the picklist or use blank values to sync both the lists. I don't think there is a supported way of getting back the deleted sequence numbers. HTH, Niths "Ryan" wrote: > I have picklist value...

Macro from cell specific to whole column
Hello All, I have recorded the following macro... ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RIGHT(RC[-3],1)" Range("O286").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-1]=""-"",(LEFT(RC[-4],15)*-1),RC[-4])" that basically takes a text stored number such as 100.54- to -100.54. What I want to do is make this auto fill for the entire column. How should rewrite it? -- Thanks for all of the help. It is much appreciated!!!! On May 26, 5:06=A0am, Bean Counter <BeanCoun...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All, > ...

Pivot Table
As with a previous question, I have a large set of data (20,000 rows and about 100 coulmns). I wish to select about 60 columns to place in pivot "data" (along with others into "Rows"). Is there a way to select multiple columns (say all 60?) and move into "Data" in one step? Are there add-ins that help with this? Doing all 60 is possible but slow and somewhat error prone. Thanks in advance. Hi Johnny The following code should get you started on what you want to do. In this example the first column of source data is added to Page area, the seco...

Need assistance with Detailsview and passing values to a textbox
Hi I have a Multiview with two views. Both views each have a detailsview control with several textbox's and AutoGenerateEditButton="True". During Update I am trying to insert a value to the product textbox based on the option chosen from a dropdown but am having problems. Could someone please help. The error is for Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 545: DirectCast(DTLTrainUpdateVw.FindControl("txtTrainProduct"), TextBox).Text = product Line 546: I get t...

Why did the color scheme in my brochure change?
When I opened my brochure project, the color scheme (?) was changed. The document was yellow and the photos were a sepia tone. The brochure was created in B&W and was saved that way. Now, the color is changed and I can't get it back to a B&W document when I try to select the B&W color bar in the Color Scheme tool bar. What happened and how do I correct this? CWise <CWise@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I opened my brochure project, the color scheme (?) was changed. > The document was yellow and the photos were a sepia to...