code to hide a worksheet?

Can VBA code be written to hide a worksheet? I can't seem to find any
help in the help about this...

Thank you much,

Paula
0
Paula.S (2)
12/5/2003 6:51:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Paula,

Yes, you can change the Visible property of the Worksheet object:

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden

    '/ or

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlHidden

xlVeryHidden will hide the sheet so that it may not be unhidden via Format |
Sheet from Excel.  xlHidden will hide it just as if you had hidden it via
Format | Sheet --> Hide.

--
Regards,

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Paula wrote:
> Can VBA code be written to hide a worksheet? I can't seem to find any
> help in the help about this...
>
> Thank you much,
>
> Paula

0
msnews5827 (33)

Viewing Source Code in Outlook
In Outlook Express, when forwarding a message with those annoying forwarding hashmarks and vertical lines on the left, there was an option of View, Source Code and by deleting any instance of "<Blockquote XXXXXX> and everything between the arrows, I could remove these vertical lines. In Outlook 07, I cannot locate this feature. Is there another way to clean up these messages before sending them off ??? TIA, Hagen Sahm Outlook doesn't have the same type of view source command that OE does. You will need to switch to plain text format before forwarding o...

hide recipients in an email?
How do I hide or condense a long list of recipients when I send an email? Nothing to do with Word, but in Outlook, use the bcc field. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "mj" <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D9D6851-9C33-4A97-B17D-B54619695303@microsoft.com... > How do I hide or condense a long list of recipients when I send an email? ...

Create a Pop window in a Excel Worksheet
How do you create a pop a window in a worksheet to ask "Do you want to entered a revision date to the worksheet" before saving the worksheet? The revision date would then be displayed in a Customer Header or Footer. ...

Help on Code
I used code to create an Outlook task from Access... Creating a task manually in Outlook shows a tick box, date field, etc but a task created using this code does not seem to have those controls. The whole task form looks pretty different so I am guessing there is something else that needs to be done to show it like a 'normal' task form. My code in Access Public Function AssignTask() Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Dim myItem As Outlook.Outlook.TaskRequestItem Dim myDelegate As Outlook.Recipient 'Information from subform Dim strReciprient As String, strResponsibleParty As...

Error code # 0x80040607
i cant send message from outlook and i received this massage when i make setting test( unknown errour occured cdoe 0x80040607 On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:47:01 -0800 Abdul Wahed <Abdul Wahed@discussions.microsoft.com> articulated: > i cant send message from outlook and i received this massage when i > make setting test( unknown errour occured cdoe 0x80040607 Next time do a 'copy & paste' operation. There is no way Outlook, or any other legitimate program for that matter, ever issued an error message like that. Via Google try searching for: Outlook error code...

Changing worksheet references
After copying worksheets from one workbook into a new one the cell references in the new workbook refer to values in the old workbook A typical cell reference in the new workbook might look like ='C:\Some Directory\[SomeWorkbook.xlsm]SomeWorksheet'!$AQ$4'. The correct reference in the new workbook should be =SomeWorksheet!$AQ$4. There must be several hundred such references in the new workbook. Is there some way, other than manually, to correct the references to the current workbook? TIA, Ken Make sure the new workbook is saved. Then, you shoul be able to ...

Multiple Worksheets, multiple lines and summarizing into one works
I am working with a spreadsheet which can have multiple spreadsheets all formatted the same way. Now although these sheets are all formatted the same way some may have 1 row of data while another may have 10 rows of data. I am wanting to incorporate these into a summary worksheet at the beginning of my spreadsheet which will list all of these rows automatically. What kind of table or formula would I need to look into to make this happen? Hi, there is a possible solution at 'Merge cells from all or some worksheets into one Master sheet' (http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm) -...

help with macro code
I am trying to copy a range of cells to another worksheet .... and then move to the next column Please help with code - I'm getting a Runtime error 1004 thanks Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 08/10/2003 by SARAH RANSOME ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+f ' Sheet2.Range("E2:E56").End(xlToRight).Offset(0, 1).Value _ = Sheet1.Range("G2:G56").Value When you do xltoright the over 1 (.offset(0,1)) are you sure you're still on the worksheet--you didn't go all the way over to column IV did you? Another possibility: Are y...

Receipt problems (POS Comments and discount codes)
Hi, I have amended a receipt with various mods based on the receipt - full page with large logo downloaded from Microsoft site. I have two problems. Firstly I would like the discount reason codes to show. It currently only shows 'discount' and I could not figure out how to do this. Secondly, (and I don't know if this is something I have done in the receipt) Is when adding item comments to the item description from within the POS, when the receipt prints it doesn't display the comments I have added. I am sure the comments you add to a transaction line are meant to com...

always hide this dialog box
I am using Outlook 2000. Recently the mail delivery box pops up every minute to show the mail delivery though I have check marked "always hide this dialog box". Any suggestions. When it pops up I have to stop what I'm doing every minute to click on the close button. -- Visit me at www.frescaaire.com www.myrottweilerpups.com www.jugendlieberotts.com Lynn <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. Recently the mail delivery box pops up > every minute to show the mail delivery though I have check marked > "always hide this dia...

Hide User Templates from GAL?
Hi, new to Exchange here. We're running SBS 2003. The GAL contains entries for the Administrator Template, Mobile User Template, etc. as well as for several user accounts that do not have Exchange mailboxes. The only method I've been able to come up with to hide an account from the GAL is: Active Directory Users and Computers --> Right click on user --> Select Properties -->Exchange Advanced --> Hide from Exchange Address Lists. That's all well and good if I wanted to hide a user who actually has a mailbox, however the Exchange Advanced option isn't avail...

Naming and creating worksheets
Thanks to an earlier reply I now have the first worksheet up and running (thanks Gord and Bernd) But what I would like to know is if there is a way of creating another 30 copies of the sheet in the same workbook, each named from names on another spreadsheet (the names of society members!!) And one other little thing! When the sheet has only the formulae and no data it is full of #NA entries! is there a way to ask Excel not to display anything in those cells until data is added? Hope someone can help! You could conditional format the #NA cells so that the font color is the same as t...

Help fixing my NotInList code for a combo box
Hi there I'm trying to see what I'm doing wrong with this NotInList code. In my T_Programs (table called Programs), I have a Coach field which is populated by a Combo Box that I created in a separated table called CB_Coach. Private Sub Coach_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) intAnswer = MsgBox("This coach" & NewData & " is not currently in the list." & vbCrLf & _ "Would you like to add this coach to the list now?" _ , vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "This coach") If intAnswer = vbYes Then strSQL = &qu...

Worksheet Acknowledging
We use HQ v1.3. Has anyone come up with a method of acknowledging more than one completed worksheet at a time? you can use this sql script and run it from the administrator utility, -- This is will acknowledge worksheets that completed successfully older than 1 month. UPDATE Worksheet SET Status = 6 WHERE Status = 4 AND EffectiveDate < Getdate() -30 "Luminox" <Luminox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC89AD32-B48D-4614-B8BA-B70FEE1DA11E@microsoft.com... > We use HQ v1.3. Has anyone come up with a method of acknowledging more > than > one compl...

Hiding Gridlines ?
Hi Gurus, I have an xml and xsl file. The xsl transforms the xml file to give an html output. Now using filesystem object I am saving the html output as a word document but the word document is showing gridlines. I am not able to find a way to hide these gridlines ? Please could help me out. Shreyas I'm pretty sure this is absolutely the wrong group. Is there a newsgroup for MS Word? "Shreyas Madwanna" <smadwanna@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eEYou0Z4DHA.2612@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi Gurus, > > > I have...

help with/for pivottable code
Hi everyone! I have code that takes a large workbook and divides it into a number of separate new workbooks based on data that is in column A. What i need is to create code that will create a pivot table in the new workbook. here is my code: Sub Regionalize() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim wksNew As Worksheet Dim wbk As Workbook Dim rng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim lRow As Long Dim sFileName As String Dim sFolder As String Dim sRegion As String Set wks = Sheets("region") Set rng = wks.Range("regiondata") ...

Worksheet Protection #3
Is there a way to protect a worksheet so that no one can change the Page Setup setting such as margins, paper size, orientation, etc. Protection on the Tools menu does not seem to accomplish this. If it is not possible, I would appreciate this info. Will save a lot of time wasted. Thank you. Paul I don't think it's possible. But you could reset the page setup each time the user prints anything. If you record a macro when you do your specific settings, you could call that macro in the workbook_beforeprint event. (This won't have any effect if the user disables macros.) ...

row source set via property sheet instead of vba code
I have a unbound form with 6 tabs which contains product data. While setting up the form I used a sample product query for the row source in the property sheet, it helped me test the form was working correctly before setting up the sql code in the form open subroutine. One of my Access 2003 user has noted that after the product data form was opened agained after closing the sample product information is showing in the fields instead of the product selected from the product search form. It happens frequently. I am wondering if there is something I am not doing when the product...

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

VS .NET 2003 hangs while "Generating Code..."
I have a MFC project that builds and compiles fine in VC6. When I open the project in VC7.1 I can't compile a release build with any optimizations turned on. CL.exe seems to hang during the "Generating Code..." phase of compiling a cpp file that includes afxtempl.h and uses a CArray<>. Debug builds fine and release with no optimizations builds fine. The file in question is a file that loads a global CArray with a little over 11000 objects (each consisting of 5 small strings). Because of the limits of the VC6 compiler these 11000 CArray.Add()'s were broken dow...

Can I Share a MDE (which only has VBA Code) with other apps?
I am using Access 2003, and I was thinking of creating a databe with just VBA code in modules. There will be functions in there that I would like to reference with other applications. Is it possible for me to reference some of the functions in the MDE database with Excel and use the function I was created in the MDE ??? Thanks, G G wrote: >I am using Access 2003, and I was thinking of creating a databe with just VBA >code in modules. There will be functions in there that I would like to >reference with other applications. > >Is it possible for me ...

help with formulas between worksheets
first time on here....i'd really appreciate some help.....on worksheet 1 you have a formula in one cell (call it cell A) which is a like a running total of numbers, like earnings per week, and then you have a cell (call it cell B) in sheet 2 which you want this figure to contain, and also update itself on any additional earnings which increases the total of cell A. How can I get cell B in sheet 2 to update itself when i'm working on sheet 1? if you have your sum on sheet1 in cell A10, and you want it on sheet2 i cell A1, then place this formula in A1 on sheet2. =Sheet1!A1 -- M...

Hide Reports in MSCRM 3.0
We are currently not using the Service Module and might use it 6-9 months down the road. How do I hide the Case Summary Table out-of-the-box report in MSCRM? Again, I have to make this report available in MSCRM later. Thanks, AB You can restrict permissions to Cases by going to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Security Roles and selecting each role listed, click on the Service tab, and be sure all the options for Case are cleared. With out permissions, users won't be able to view the data. -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Messaging Lentz Computer...

I have error code ox8004010f what do i do.
After installing outlook 2003 i can not send or receive email I get error code ox8004010f. I have bellsouth service and use win xp What type of email account are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.C...

Entity Type Codes
I keep thinking there should be a table that has all the entity type codes in it but I can't find one anywhere. I need to look up what type of entity an activity is associated with for some custom reporting. I found a list in the SDK but that doesn't do me much good in my report. Thanks for any suggestions Greg These values are stored in the Entity table of the metabase (company_METABASE). -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm ---------------------------------------------------------- "gstat" <gsergeant@statsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1152909087.521...