Checking/making-positive one cell unchecks other cells in range

I have a worksheet with three ranges of 4, 3, and 2 cells on each row.
In each range, making one cell "true" means that the other cells are
false.

The first thing that comes to mind would be putting checkbox controls
in each cell; however, there will be 10,000, and possibly more, rows
like this making such a solution prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Publisher 2003: how can I make a text box into a differnt shape.
I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the shape. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nathan" <nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9636039D-0D50-4316-9C9D-1E1D7FAD444A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Mary Sauer wrote: > Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the > shape. >> I am ...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

Making Garnishment Inactive in HR does not rioll down to PR.
I inactivate a garnishment 'benefit' in HR. It does not inactive the payroll deduction. Shoudn't that roll down to payroll? ...

How to handle multiple currencies with one spreadsheet
I have one spreadsheet that I need to send to people in different countries. I would like each user to open the spreadsheet and see their currency code - Dollars, or Euros, or Yen, automatically formatted based on the region or country. How can I make sure that the spreadsheet displays the correct currency format based on the region or country where the user is located - and not the currency format that the spreadsheet was created in? You could save several versions of the same file ("file name" Yen, "file name" Euro, etc.) or, you could record macros to reformat th...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

different makers in one chart
I am using XY (Scatter) type chart to show the blood pressure verse age of 130 people. Untill here there is no problem and I chart shows neatly. Some of these people are male and others are female. I want to separate the gender by color or marker in the chart, so in one glance I can understand which data points belong to male and which to female? Is there any solution? Make two separate data series on your spreadsheet, and plot your chart from the two separate series. -- David Biddulph "Khoshravan" <khoshravan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OJUCQKfRIHA.1164@TK2MSFT...

How to select more than one folders in folder list?
Hi, I am using Outlook2000. Everybody who know how to select more than one folder in folder list for copying or moving to other folder? Thanks a lot outlook only allows you to select one folder at a time. -- "Raymond" <rayctifw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OwbKvO5ZDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook2000. > > Everybody who know how to select more than one folder in folder list for > copying or moving to other folder? > > Thanks a lot > > ...

Anchored cell won't release
I have recently encountered a situation with several users (probably coincidental) in which a cell seems to be anchored and won't release. They can close Excel and reopen it and the same cell will be anchored. You can select any other cell in the worksheet and the entire range from the anchored cell and the selected cell will be highlighted. Any ideas on what is causing this and how can I resolve it? Thanks, Mike Hi Press F8 to cancel Extended mode. -- Regards Roger Govier "MikeS" <MikeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D1440C0-7CE0-46D0-87F...

Make Outlook email me when appts due?
I have Outlook 2002 here at work. Is there some way to setup and appt or todo and have it email me at another email address on the days its due? Example..... say I have an appt this Sat....and want it to email me from here at work..... to my home email address.... to remind me. Can it be done? i dont think so but what you can do is email yourself from work and just leave the email in your inbox to remind yourself. (if you check your email enough) >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook 2002 here at work. > >Is there some way to setup and appt or todo and have it >email...

How do I make 11.800 convert to 800 as a number not text
I want to drop the 11. and have the cell next to it be 800. I want to then be able to use that 800 and add other numbers to it. I am having two problems, 1) the 11.800 always becomes 11.8 ( I have tried increasing the decimals) and 2) if I have a different number like for example 11.255 by using RIGHT I succeed in getting 255 but as text. Please help. Thank you all in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Nave, =MOD(A2, 1) * 1000 will give you the 800 from 11.8 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -----------------------------------------...

one or more active x control could not be displayed
On my brand new computer, I installed Office 2003 and when trying to do an email where I am copying word file, I get an error message (like I did on my old ancient computer) One of more active x controls could not be displayed becasue either your security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page or you have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. Please Help! Could you tell us what exactly you mean by "trying to do an email where I am copying word file"? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart...

need to make a template for weekly calendar ASAP that shows pictu.
need to make a template for weekly calendar ASAP that shows pictures. I do not know how to save the template so that it can be used later. I am reviewing the help again about how to make a template but I misunderstand something; it does not work. The template i want/need is for a weekly calender that shows appointments from Outlook and also has pictures that stay for up to a month; I do not want to put in pictures all over each week. Please guide me. Thank you! ! -d Hi I'm no expert but you might want to try making the document (with pictures) that you want as the template an...

duplicate cells
I have a spreadsheet of Names and addresses. the list is very large (about 8000) there are quite a few duplicate entries that I would like to eliminate. is there a formula or a uncomplicated method that will do this for me? bear in mind that I am a novice with excel spreadsheets.d appreciate any help. Thanks Richard, have a look at Chip's site for a way to do it. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows You may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm if you need more help post back with...

Printing Problems (cells printing on top of one another)
When printing cells are merged together like the they have been shifted up half a row height. This problem is restriced to one user on one system (Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000). The problem is same on a single sheet workbook or a multi sheet workbook. The printer setting keep reverting back to 11 sheet tall by 1 sheet wide. This produces an unclear image through print preview. You can manually reset the default to 1 sheet wide by 1 sheet long which corrects the print preview but not the printed output. I avoid merged cells like the plague - full of problems. I guess that you ...

How do I only show a range of columns/rows in Excel?
I only want to view, say, columns A thru K and rows 1 thru 23. Even if I scroll, I still don't want the sheet to go out of that range. Hi Larry Insert the following code into a module in the workbook. Press Alt+F11 to bring up the VB Editor. Insert>Module and paste the code below into the module. Change the sheet name to your sheet name if it is different to Sheet1 Sub Auto_Open() ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:K23" End Sub Regards Roger Govier Larry Zukerman wrote: > I only want to view, say, columns A thru K and rows 1 thru 23....

Making the ReplaceSel "act" like a typical Windows Program.
Hello, Here's something I would really like to get working. If I run this code, It works as far as adding it to the window. It scrolls nicely upon adding. But try and scroll back after it's been added and it falls apart. The Global::g_bdraw is a boolean thats been added because ReplaceSel will "paint" until the program crashes the system!? I'm using CEditView. I invoke the painting with InvalidateRect and UpdateWindow. void CMyView::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting if( Global::g_bdraw ) { // Paint only when asked. ...

How to make outlook the default mail client
In my outlook express I see that in the options it is indicated that outlook express is the default email client. Then I look in outlook 2003 and I see in its options that it shows it is te default email client. There's a contradiction here, how do I fix that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab. Set your defaults from there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious he...

Different kind of cell reference.
I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code. Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these cells? =D1 + (D15-D1)*1 =D1 + (D15-D1)*2 =D1 + (D15-D1)*3 =D1 + (D15-D1)*4 =D1 + (D15-D1)*5 =D1 + (D15-D1)*6 =D1 + (D15-D1)*7 =D1 + (D15-D1)*8 =D1 + (D15-D1)*9 =D1 + (D15-D1)*10 =D1 + (D15-D1)*11 =D1 + (D15-D1)*12 =D30 + (D30-D15)*1 =D30 + (D30-D15)*2 =D30 + (D30-D15)*3 =D30 + (D30-D15)*4 =D30 + (D30-D15)*...

Deleting rows when cell has "#DIV/0!" error
Hi, I'm currently using this code to delete rows with balnk cells. However, i have changes the formatting of my sheet and the cells are no longer blank they have the "#DIV/0!" error. How can I delete the entire row when the cell in column D has that value? Sub DeleteRowsIfDIsBlank() With payrollsht Dim rg As Range, rgBlank As Range Set rg = Cells.Range("D:D") On Error Resume Next Set rgBlank = rg.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) On Error GoTo 0 If rgBlank Is Nothing Then Else rgBlank...

Formatting Cells Question
Hi I am having troubles with formatting cells in EXCEL 2003. I have a column of many hundreds of rows lthat contain data like this: 01Jan12 on fist glance this looks like a date but it really is not. EXCEL on the other automatically assumes it is a date and formats as such. 2001-Jan-12 I have tried formatting as text, General and even experimented with custom formats to no avail. In the same column I have 03Mar1543 Which is dispolayed exactly as is. How can I get EXCEL to simply display data like 01Jan12 exactly as is? You must format the cell as Text BEFORE typing any information...

Separate Accounts in Money and one report
I have separate required accounts: checking, VISA, multiple savings (for kids and us parents), business checking, business cash, business VISA. How do I set up a cash account that makes any sense (Money's debits and credits style versus just keeping a tracking of spending)? Can the reports track totals spent towards a budget accross several accounts, and how do I do this? And, how can I keep the reports separated for the home versus business expenses? Thank you. Be sure to record appropriate categories for each transaction. Then you can generate reports of spending per category, r...

Change all ranges in the Pivot Table
Hi, In first, sorry, I hope not to make a mistake about this forum. I have 12 files. I have one sheet which there are 6 pivot tables (TCD). Every month, I copy paste this sheet in the new month (in the new file) because I have a new database. I give a name to the database :Example : File January: Tablo01, ect´┐Ż In my 6 pivot tables, I use this name in the first step : Range : Tablo01. When I copy paste my sheet (TCD), obviously, I have a link with my other file (with the name of the previous Database) Manually, I change every range with the new name in these 6 pivot tables. I would li...

how to make controls move after parent resize?
Hi all, I've created a dialog based app, and I have put some controls in it that I want to move or resize when I resize the dialog. In the old days, on certain non-Windows machines this was done by specifying that a control was attached to one or more edges of the parent, and the GUI took care of changing the controls' positions and sizes. But how is this done under Windows? Is there an easy answer? Thanks in advance -V One solution is to handle WM_SIZE in your dialog. Then move/resize the controls in OnSize. Regards Niraj "Varf" <Varf@hoopomail.com> wrote in message ...

Multiple Tables one Query
Ok, I've read several articles, help files, yadda yadda but I can't seem to make this work. What is the proper way to get information from two tables into one Query or form? help me to set up an email address "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08BF7812-9F66-441B-84F0-F30EEC0F8C6D@microsoft.com... > Ok, I've read several articles, help files, yadda yadda but I can't seem > to > make this work. What is the proper way to get information from two tables > into one Query or form? On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:34:02 -0800, Mat...

Proc cache consumed with one-time queries
In investigating memory usage os our SQL Server 2005 SP3, I noticed that about 4.3GB of our 32GB phsyical memory was consumed by the procedure cache. In looking at what was in the cache, I found that the overwhelming majority of the stored plans were from queries that will never be reused. In fact 4.1GB of the 4.3GB were plans with usecounts=1. Most of these turn out to be statements generated by Sql Server itself: there are many that are statements generated by SqlAgent, running scheduled tasks. Many more are the backup statements generated for log shipping. In these cases, ...