Checkboxes keep moving left!

Greetings!

In my spreadsheet, I have a sheet (called, say, "Edging") with four
checkboxes, one placed on each side of a rectangle. When I close out the
file and then re-open it, the four checkboxes become flush-left to the
screen, while the rectangle stays correctly placed in the center of the
screen. I've tried all options in the Properties menu to try to correct this
problem (e.g., lock, left, top, autoload, etc.), but nothing seems to work.

I should mention, for whatever it's worth, that to get to the "Edging"
sheet, a macro is run from another sheet which takes the user to the
"Edging" sheet, where it hides three columns. But the columns that the macro
hides does not include the checkboxes or rectangle.

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to correct this erratic
behavior. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

0
jeffwright (36)
9/24/2004 3:52:02 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't have english Excel but here goes

Try right mouse button over the checkbox and choose the last optio
from popup and from the form that opens (3 page in Excel 97) you ca
choose if objects movements are related to cells
--------
Message sent via  www.excelforums.com
0
tjth73 (10)
9/24/2004 10:00:02 AM
This doesn't sound like an exact fit, but you may want to check it out:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910
Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks for your time and research on this topic, Dave!

Jeff

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> This doesn't sound like an exact fit, but you may want to check it out:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910
> Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002
>
> Jeff Wright wrote:
>>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> In my spreadsheet, I have a sheet (called, say, "Edging") with four
>> checkboxes, one placed on each side of a rectangle. When I close out the
>> file and then re-open it, the four checkboxes become flush-left to the
>> screen, while the rectangle stays correctly placed in the center of the
>> screen. I've tried all options in the Properties menu to try to correct
>> this
>> problem (e.g., lock, left, top, autoload, etc.), but nothing seems to
>> work.
>>
>> I should mention, for whatever it's worth, that to get to the "Edging"
>> sheet, a macro is run from another sheet which takes the user to the
>> "Edging" sheet, where it hides three columns. But the columns that the
>> macro
>> hides does not include the checkboxes or rectangle.
>>
>> I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to correct this erratic
>> behavior. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jeff
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
jeffwright (36)

How do you keep favorite folders list in outlook
I have set up a folders list in outlook 2003 under mail favorite folders. Each time I re open outlook the folder list has gone and i have to start again. How do you keep list once you have created it. Alex G ...

Tab key moves
Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of my form before having to tab through another area? Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your application should be designed anyway.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:43C38961-D5BF-4F45-9CF5-DF2CD5958E9D@microsoft.com... > Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to?...

Copy html table to word not keeping settings
I want to copy a html table to a word programatically. I have manage to get to a point where the table is pasted. But the paste is not the same as if i would use Ctrl+V or Edit/Paste. For merged cells the font settings are not kept. Is there a way to keep the settings for merged cells? Or a way to paste the html table in a word like the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does? ...

Cant move my database :-(
When I move my ms access database to a new machine i get a message saying that the event proceedure on mousedown etc bla bla bla and the date fields do not populate. When I return to the pc i built the damn thing on it works like a dream! Anyone got any ideas? Cheers If you want help, you'd be best off saying exactly what "bla bla bla" is. It's like going to a mechanic and saying "my car did something: fix it". Is your application split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables...

Moving user profile to D:
Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on D: Still having few issues with permissions/installing There must be a proper (belt & braces) way to move user profile but how? "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:Ibg7o.56701$LU.1438@hurricane... > Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all > their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on > D: > > Still having few issue...

Can't move worksheet to new workbook
I have a client who has always imported comma delimited files into Excel and then copied that worksheet into a master .xls workbook using the Move function. With Excel 2007 this is no longer working. It gives an error stating that the destination does not have enough rows and columns. However this move function works if moving a worksheet that started off as an .xls file - not .txt. Could someone please offer some assistance? Thank you. Hi David Could you provide a few more details. You talk about comma delimited files at the beginning, then .txt files at the end. Are these files...

Please help, Issues moving a CRM4 database to a new server and dom
Hi, I know there are a few posts here about this but nothing works for me. My Goal is to move a database to another server in another location with a different domain. Here is what I tried. I backed up the database on the current server (domain name: serverusa). I did backup both the MSCRM and the Config. First I tried to install MSCRM fresh on the new server (Domain name: server-ebm) I then checked it and I could access the CRM fine on the server using IE. Then I did go to the SQM management and restored the MSCRM database from a dump. After this I can access but it tells me "Inva...

Moving files from inbox to personal folder
WHEN TRYING TO MOVE FILES FROM INBOX TO PERSONAL FOLDERS USER GETS AN ERROR AND THE ACTION DOES NOT COMPLETE. ALL SETTING APPEAR TO BE CORRECT AND THERE IS ALSO NO VISIBLE SECURITY ISSUE. Error Messages: ITEM COULD NOT BE MOVED. IT HAS EITHER ALREADY BEEN MOVED OR ACCESS HAS BEEN DENIED. Don't use CAPS!!! Clear the Deleted Items folder and try again. Otherwise post more info like version of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Troy" <...

Move from exchange 2003 to 2007
Recently I migrated to exchange 2007 from 2003. I still have the 03 box running, but have move 2 mailboxes to new server. I can recieve mail through the old server to new mailboxes but cant send any mail out the new boxes. any ideas why? On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 04:40:08 -0700, cowen <cowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently I migrated to exchange 2007 from 2003. I still have the 03 box >running, but have move 2 mailboxes to new server. I can recieve mail through >the old server to new mailboxes but cant send any mail out the new boxes. any >ideas why? Is ther...

Ctrl arrow left key no longer jumps entire word?
When scrolling through a document, my 'Ctrl+arrow right' key jumps forward the entire word however recently my 'Ctrl+arrow left' key will NOT jump back the entire word. How can I correct this??????????? Something, maybe an add-in, has disabled the shortcut. To put it back, use the procedure in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToHotkey.htm to reassign the Ctrl+Left shortcut to the WordLeft command. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

Sum Function (was summing 13 cells to the left)
Trying to compose a formula that will only sum 13 cells to the left (13 months of data). When columns are added, I still only want to sum thirteens months of data. Can this be done without constanty changing my formulas? Make sense TIA Neil S. Hi see my reply to your old post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neil S. wrote: > Trying to compose a formula that will only sum 13 cells to the left > (13 months of data). When columns are added, I still only want to > sum thirteens months of data. Can this be done without constanty > changing my formulas? Make sense? ...

Moving to new computer
I'm running Money 2008 and recently added a new computer to my home network. I want to run Money on the new computer instead of the older one. My plan is to move the Money database to the new computer, install Money on the new computer using the same installation disk I used before on the older computer and then use the new install to open the moved database on the new computer. I do NOT want to continue running Money on the older computer and will uninstall it when I'm sure everything is OK on the new computer. Should that work OK? Will I still be legally licensed and get Mo...

checkbox/calculations
I have a form with a subform. In the subform I have all the past service dates. I have a calculation where I take the most recent service date and multiply by the service interval on the main form to give me the next service date. I would like to add a checkbox in the subform or next to the nextservice date so it can take that date and put it into the servicelog and give me the next date automatically. Is there a way to do this. and if so what is the easiest way to go about it. I basically want it to automatically update without me having to move the date manually from the next service ...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

Moving Outlook Data file...
....from Windows XP Pro to Vista Home Premium 64. I've got just about everything the way I want it. I can see my folders on the left. I get the preview panes that I want. I've transferred my signatures. So far, there are two things I cannot do. First of all, when I check my mail, it asks me for my password even though I have saved it when I created the e-mail account. Second, when I compose an e-mail, I can't access my Contacts even though they are right there on the left in my folder list (and I can see every entry when I click on Contacts). What do I need to do? Thank yo...

How to Drag/Move the IE control based Application
Hi All: I am developing Dialog based application. I have placed Microsoft WebBrowser control(IE control) on main Dialog of application. On the IE control, all messages are being passed to IE control. Now problem is that I am unable to drag/move this IE Control/Dialog. Any idea about moving IE control/Dialog Please help me in this regard. Regards, Ghazanfar Ali ...

Moving Data Points on Scatter Chart in 2007
I have used Excel to construct various ship curves in all versions until 2007. I would create a table of offsets (x,y points) and build a simple integration scheme around the table. I would then graph the offsets. I could go into the graph, grab a particular data point and move it either horizontally or vertically. This would update the table and update the integration. I would have the area (or volume) display on the graph. So I could fair a smooth curve by adjusting offsets (with the smooth lines turned on) until I got the area and centroid I needed. Until Excel 2007! I cannot...

Checkbox Push-like will not react with ON_BN_CLICKED when pushed
Hello! I'm using MFC 7.1 I have an checkbox control that has Push-like == true. I have created a control variable which has the type CButton CButton check0; I have created a message map ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_CHECK0,OnBnClickedCheck0) See below for OnBnClickedCheck0() The message works when the button isn't pushed, i.e. the checkbox has state==BST_UNCHECKED But when I click on the button when it's checked (BST_CHECKED) then OnBnClickedCheck0() will NOT be called! Why? How do I fix so that OnBnClickedCheck0() will be called everytime I click on the checkbox button?? // Anders -...

Move to Previous Location
Hi, Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an item in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location. Is there a shortcut for doing this? Thanks! GoBack (Shift+F5). GoBack will skip back to the previous 5 edit points. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Maanu" <Maanu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B07034B-78EC-4B09-B015-6B7DFCF625E9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an > item > in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location. >...

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

Outlook 2003 'Move' Rule doesn't work as it should.
Hi, Having probs here with trying to use the 'Move' Rule in Outlook 2003 to shift emails from a specific senders address (from peolple or distrubution list) to a custom folder within my Inbox for that sender. The rule merely copies the e-mail to my custom folder and leaves the original in my Inbox. I have to create a second rule to delete the original from my Inbox and that can't be right. I know it isn't just me that is having this problem so maybe someone out there has found a fix for this bug? Zook Add Stop processing action to the Move rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Excell keeps closing when I try to save a workbook. Any ideas!
I am using Excell in Office 2007. Every time I try to save my workbook the program shuts down. It's also happening in Word. I've put my Office disc and ran the repair, however it is still crashing. ...

move prive store hangs on 100%
I tried moving database store from one drive to a larger drive same permissions on moth drives and folders .. It hangs on 100% and just sits there. . When I restart the server after a 10 minute wait period, eventhough there is a copy of the file on the new drive, the path in the system manager for Private Store is still the old path .. The move was not completed... Any idea's what is going on? Thank you I don't really know why, but to fix you can: 1. In ESM, offline the store. 2. Copy the STM file and EDB file to the new location. Robocopy works well. 3. With adsiedit, edit the...

Entourage 'Move to' Preferences default to 'my computer'
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I try to keep a handle on all my email by placing it in folders on our Exchange Server. But since upgrading to 2008, I have found that when I try to &quot;move to&quot; my messages default to My computer, where there are archive folders with the same names as the Entourage folders. <br><br>How can I change the preferences so that the emails default to the Exchange folders? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0095_01CAB0F5.803DA480 Conten...