Checkbok & printing

I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook.  I've got a
spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily.  Is
there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have
them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks?

I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1.

Thanks!

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
0
Fishy1 (4)
5/30/2006 5:50:59 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Fishy,

As a starting point see xlDynamic at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook.  I've got a
> spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily.  Is
> there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have
> them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks?
>
> I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1.
>
> Thanks!
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

0
normanjones (1047)
5/30/2006 6:25:29 AM
"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook.  I've got a
> spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily.  Is
> there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have
> them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks?
>
> I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1.
>
> Thanks!
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

Pickup Quicken or Microsoft Money.
That's what they do.
And along the way they do more - download transactions/statements from
banks, credit cards...
Very inexpensive on eBay and not costly on the streets.
That's really the best way to go.

0
GSalisbury

I created a custom template but the background will not print?
I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it is not there. What do I need to do? Excel doesn't print backgrounds, insert the image into a custom header instead. jaguilar wrote: > I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, > but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it > is not there. What do I need to do? As Bob I points out, regular Format>Sheet>Backgrounds do not print out. You ha...

Print a text message to indicate no records in sub report
Hope I can explain my problem. I have a main report for a number of sites. It has 5 sub reports some of which may not contain data for a particular site. Would like to indicate on the report that there is no data for this site on this sub report. -- Alex Paszkiewicz Create a text box on the main report, and set its Control Source to something like this: =IIf([Sub1].[Report].[HasData], Null, "Nothing for this site.") Replace Sub1 with the name of your subreport control. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com...

Calendar print format
When I print a monthly format calendar in Outlook, say for January, there are two small monthly calendars printed in the header for reference. One is for the following month, February, but the other is the current month, January. Shouldn't this other be December? How do I change this? It doesn't make sense. Thanks. Unfortunately, you can't change it for the built in print styles. Apparently Microsoft is trying to discourage people from living in the past ;-) You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calenda...

Print Memo instead of Category?
I'm trying out Money2004, and don't need to use the pre-programmed categories. I just want to add a specific memo note to each credit card or check entry. But when I print, it doesn't seem to print Memos. Just categories. Is there some way I can get it to print the Memo and not the Category? In microsoft.public.money, Terry Wise wrote: >I'm trying out Money2004, and don't need to use the pre-programmed >categories. I just want to add a specific memo note to each credit card or >check entry. But when I print, it doesn't seem to print Memos. Just >ca...

Print a screen shot in Excel?
Can I print a screen shot in Excel? I would probably paste the screen print picture it into word and print from there but it is possible, you might provide some more information of what you are trying to do Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Teacher1" wrote: > Can I print a screen shot in Excel? Teacher1 wrote: > Can I print a screen shot in Excel? Yes - screen shots are not a function of Excel, but rather of your operating system. With XP if you hit "Print Screen" it sends a screen shot to your clip board. From there you can paste it into Paint or something and ...

Any tips on printing?
I know this isn't technically a Pub question. But, I'm setting up notecards in Pub (2000) to print, after first resizing, brightening, etc. usually in Paint Shop Pro 7 (I also have PS 7, but I'm used to PSP) I can get them bright and clear on the screen, but- printed on cardstock they come out flat and dull looking. Right now I'm using white, 110 lb cardstock from Staples. I'd like to use this because of the price and it's easy for me to get. Each piece makes 2 note cards. I'm using a Canon ip42000 printer. Tried various quality settings, from standard ...

Eliminate Printing payroll DD pay stubs
We are looking at eliminating the printing of Payroll DD sheets for all our employees and instead adding the Greenshades Employee Desk, which allows employees to logon and print their own payslips. Does anyone have any comments on the greenshades product or if they have any experience with any other packages available. Does Microsoft have their own product like that? thanks -- Doug GP offers Employee Pay which is a component of Employee Self Service. This module is deployed via Business Portal. Employees can view and print pay stubs. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Doug" wrot...

Print not showing on paper when printed
-- To be myself is the most important thing!!! Interesting! Using white ink? No print area assigned? Please provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:26:01 -0700, Citripio <citripio@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote: A couple more.............. Printer cartridge(s) out of ink? Font is colored white and you are printing in color? Gord On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:36:54 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: >Interesting! > >Using white ink? > >No print area assigned? > >Please provide some details. > > >...

Printing Statements?
I'm a new user. Printing my first statements. How Do I get rid of the Minimum Payment field or change the amount to show the current balance? -- JD Hi JD - Thanks for your note. In order to modify the account statement, you will need to modify the XML file. The file name and path can be found in Store Operations Administrator, in the Configuration dialog, Templates tab. Typically, the file is Statement.XML and is located in c:\program files\microsoft retail management system\store operations\receipt templates folder. Once you find the file used for your account statements, locate...

Grouping and printing labels
Using Access 2007. I have a very simple query with the following fields: FamID, FamName, StudLast, StudFirst, StudRoom, StudGrd I've previously created several reports based on this query, grouping on the FamID field, then sorting the students by their grade in the detail. Works just fine to pull into various letter-size documents. This is what I get: Page #1 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom 2StudFirst 2StudLast 2StudRoom 3StudFirst 3StudLast 3StudRoom Blah blah text Page #2 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom Blah blah t...

How do I print on banner paper?
Hi guys!! I'm trying to print on banner paper in MS Publisher. The banner's it makes print on individual sheets of letter sized paper. Nothing there to get it to print smoothly onto one long sheet of banner paper. Don't want to cut up my banner paper and crop it and tape it together again. There must be someway around this. Microsoft are you listening?? What kind of program prints banners this way? Thanks for letting me rant. Anyone with a solution thanks in advance!! Jodie It depends on your printer. Do you have a banner selection in your printer setup? I have an Epson, it ...

template for printing envelopes
Does anyone have a template for print addresses on #10 envelopes On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:28:00 -0800, RCamp wrote: > Does anyone have a template for print addresses on #10 envelopes Printing on an envelope is just another report. First you must determine if your report is going to print in Portrait or Landscape mode. If the envelope feeds into the printer narrow side first, it will be in Landscape. If flap side first, portrait. The below instructions are for Landscape. Make a new report. Place the Address labels at the left margin. Size the width of the report just a bit wider than th...

Commerical printing with Publisher 2003
I am doing the layout for an instructional manual that will (we estimate) have 130 pages. This manual will be going for printing and binding to a commercial print house. I recently spoke to a professional design and layout artist, who expressed a concern that Publisher 2003 may not be suitable for this task. They recommended InDesign, as to send my document to the commercial printer I must also do a printer spread (or imposition file) in order for the printer to be able to print, crop, fold and bind the document. I was also told that graphics must be CYMK in opposed to RGB (I do see tha...

How do I print gridlines for a table in publisher 2003
I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I cannot find a way to accomplish this. Please advise. Select & highlight the table, click lines, more lines, select the grid option, you can also change the line weight and color in this menu. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3055F3-3D53-4AB6-8992-25DAB43BF671@microsoft.com... >I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I...

I want to set a customized default to print envelopes..
I would like to know if anyone has set customized setting to print envelopes. So it will not print in a bin but on the default bin of the printer and be manually fed... Prior to 2003 the supervisor was able to just select envelope and it would want to be manually feed and print to the default bin... and not cause everything else to print to the default. ...

Print a Poster as an A4 page
Hi, can anyone tell me how to print a poster publication on just one A4 size sheet? Thank you. Pippy <Pippy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, can anyone tell me how to print a poster publication on just one > A4 size sheet? Download and install PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. Set the paper size in the PrimoPDF driver (File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper > Properties) to the size of your poster. Set the Page Size in Publisher to Full Page. Print to the PrimoPDF printer. You will get a PDF file of one page containing the entire of you...

I need a four sided program to print on one sheet
I need to make a four sided program, front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 sheet Okay - so what's your question? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "debbie hughes" <debbie hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9FA1ECD-6405-4690-BCA3-5AD2FE716683@microsoft.com... >I need to make a four sided program, front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 >sheet debbie hughes wrote: > I need to make a four sided program, > front & back to print on 8.5 x 11 sheet ============================== Choose one of the pre-formatted greeting ca...

Automatic printing with or without a workflow process can it be done?
Hi Guys, I don't know if i'm asking this in the right place but here goes; I'm an admin seting up Microsoft CRM 1.2 and I want to know if there is any way that i print out some basic details on to a label printer when I create a case, heres the senerio we are an IT company and when small jobs come into the repair shop i want to create the case in in Microsoft CRM 1.2 which will then in turn automaticly print out the case no. along with customer name and contact phone number in plain text to a printer, this label can then be stuck to the PC being repaired also i want the work flo...

print list of all styles in document
I want to view/print a single list showing ALL of the styles being used in a Publisher document, so I can see the font names, sizes and other characteristics in order to help keep a consistent look and feel in the document. I can look at only one at a time and would have to either print the screen image or write it down to get the full list; one way wastes a lot of paper/toner, the other seems terribly inefficient. Is there an easy way? ...

Card colors are not printed right?
I had a business card I am trying to reprint again, but the colors when I print them are not right? I cleaned the heads, other things seem to print correctly? The color you see on your screen isn't necessarily the color you'll get on a print. Think about the things that have changed since you last printed it. Are you using the same printer/monitor/version of Publisher/brand of ink? Have you made any changes to the screen resolution? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Bruce" <notreally@idon...

Label printing #6
What is the recommended label printer for RMS or wil lanyone do? Pretty much anyone will do, there may be a list of printers recommended or "RMS certified" that may be in the MS web site, anyway I've seen zebra LP2824 and 2844 work well, as well as cognitive and datamax printers - "Faiz Amir" wrote: > What is the recommended label printer for RMS or wil lanyone do? If you do any UPS shipping ask your UPS rep for a new label printer. Then go to barcodewarehouse.biz and get item number 3351210 - comes in a case of 8 rolls. These labels work the best for our ...

RMS Receipt Printe and Cash Drawer All Messed Up
I'm still trying to get my RMS up and running on a new HP RP3000 POS system. Although my receipt printer printed and cashdrawer popped when I took delivery, it no longer works. I may have stepped on the correct configurations. I've tried to set OPOS codes inside RMS to no avail. I don't know the correct codes. I've also tried the HP Sales Register (simply for testing) and it fails also. Can someone help me get going again please? Thanks, D if they have opos drivers try those. usually solves the problem "DonS" <DonS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Automatic printing
Is it possible to use a macro to print out a worksheet when a cell in that worksheet contains a specified number? I have a worsheet that pulls info from another program and I want it to print when cell d6 is at 10. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try the following: Right click on the worksheet TAB>View Code then enter the following code Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("d6"...

With start-up my printer automatically re-prints all work. Why?
I have a new OKI B63000 printer and every morning with Windows Start-Up, my printer automatically re-prints all my day's work, needlessly wasting a lot of paper and toner. I imagine there is a command somewhere for this. How can I stop it? Might look in scheduled tasks. How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andry C" <Andry C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D092C731-CE6D-403A-B7B3-6C3C57C2F92D@microsoft....