Check Boxes and Radio buttons on Worksheet

I just discovered that I can drop check box directly on a worksheet. I can
make it do what I want, in a single instance, but I was wondering there was
a way to make them act like formulas, in that I would like to attach the
checkbox directly to a cell  physically, and, incorporate it's TRUE/FALSE
output in a formula, then be able to copy a whole row or column of cells
containing the checkbox and formula ...and other data perhaps in a very
general way.  in other words havethe control behave as if it were the
contents of a cell...Make sense? I don't want to have to write code or
fiddle with the properties of every single control I create, I want to
create a single prototype as it were and use it as the need arises...

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Like Columbo..just one more question sir...if you don't mind...
 In my search for help on this I realized I should make clear that it is
Excel controls I'm talking about here, not Activex although I will happily
use activex if this does the job for me...

"Ruth" <nowhere@null.net> wrote in message
>I just discovered that I can drop check box directly on a worksheet. I can
>make it do what I want, in a single instance, but I was wondering there was
>a way to make them act like formulas, in that I would like to attach the
>checkbox directly to a cell  physically, and, incorporate it's TRUE/FALSE
>output in a formula, then be able to copy a whole row or column of cells
>containing the checkbox and formula ...and other data perhaps in a very
>general way.  in other words havethe control behave as if it were the
>contents of a cell...Make sense? I don't want to have to write code or
>fiddle with the properties of every single control I create, I want to
>create a single prototype as it were and use it as the need arises...
>
> Thanks

If you rightclick on the checkbox, you can choose properties.

then choose Format control
then on the control tab, you can assign a cell link that will return true/false.

I sometimes use the cell under the checkbox with a custom number format of ;;;
This hides the value when you're looking at the worksheet--but not in the
formula bar.

And this works if the checkbox is from the Forms toolbar.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I rotate a text box?
I created a text box over a small chart, and I want to rotate that text box. How do I get the rotating button on top of the box, to move it how I'd like it? Right click on the top area and choose "Chart Options" Then Titles and change Chart Title. I never heard of a rotating button in Excel. "Linds" wrote: > I created a text box over a small chart, and I want to rotate that text box. > How do I get the rotating button on top of the box, to move it how I'd like > it? ...

Relabel custom toolbar buttons?
When a macro name is dragged to a toolbar, a button is created that displays name of the macro. If the macro is stored in the local mpp, the name gets way too long. Is there a way to relabel the button to something shorter and easier to understand than "[project filename].mpp![name of macro]"? This is documented somewhere in "Help" and I'm sure I did not find this by serendipity. Menu: View/Toolbars/Customise ... While that dialog box visible, click on the right mouse click o the button and you'll see a rich list of options to enable changing lots of...

Creating a Button that is type="button" and does not call __doPostBack
I want to create a Button that does not do a postback (I simply want to use it for JavaScript). Some of the ways I know of to do this are: 1. Include "return false;" in the OnClientClick property. However, if UseSubmitBehavior is set to True, it is type="submit", and if UseSubmitBehavior is set to False, onclick still includes __doPostBack even though it doesn't get called 2. Use an HtmlButton control. However, I would like to be able to use a Button control. Are there any ways to create a Button that does not do a postback? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalsk...

How do I copy a worksheet without the link to the original workboo
I need to copy a worksheet that links to cells in another worksheet in the workbook. This worksheet will be copied to 300 different excel files which all have the same format but different data in the cells. Therefore, the worksheet that is copied to the a specific workbook must link to the workbook it is copied to and not the workbook it is copied from. How can this be done with the least amount of effort? (Excel 2000) I'd convert the formulas to text, copy|paste and convert the text back to formulas. In the original worksheet select the range to copy (the whole worksheet) edit|...

Drop Box Width
I am having a weird behavior will my workbook! I have 5 columns in my worksheets that contain a drop box for data validation. My question is, what controls the width of the drop box? In one of my columns the drop box is twice the width of the column when I click to open it. No matter how I adjust the columns width, the drop box opens wider than the columns width. I am using dynamic range cells for my data validation, and I have adjust the columns width from that worksheet the match all the other worksheets. No sure what to try next! Any help would be appreciated! JDH JDH,...

CRM 4: hide setting navbar button
Hi, I'm trying to hide the button setting in the left navigation bar for all users except managers. According to manuals etc this should be possible with roles, but I can't get it figured out. I've set up a business unit, 1 user with 1 NEW role with nothing selected and still I get the setting button and all other items visisble. Anyone any hints on what I must be doing wrong (or forgetting, skipping ?) Thanks Dirk Stupid question, but are you logged in as that user? "DirkS" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to hide the button setting in the left navigation ...

Linking Text (Data) between worksheets
I would assume this is possible, its just getting the right method fo the problem, Worksheet one has many fields of data, making a large worksheet, ther are some fileds in the worksheet that are text only, and these tex only fields can be long. Is it possible to link textual data fro worksheet to worksheeet, (here's the catch) and when requested to prin the data that relates to the original worksheet. e.g. worksheet one has numerical data & textual data, i want to remove the textual data, so worksheet two has the textual data and worksheet one has th numerical data. I dont want t...

How to expand a collapsed column on excel worksheet?
I have two columns that I cant see (H and I). I want to see the value in them. How do I bring them back? EXCEL 2007 Click on G (cell header) and drag to J so that both columns are highlighted. Right click / Unhide. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Rhona" wrote: > I have two columns that I cant see (H and I). I want to see the value in > them. How do I bring them back? ...

update toolbar button immediately(fix)
Env: VC++6.00 and MFC Define ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1 as ID of one of a toolbar button in a CView based app. and define functions. BOOL m_bToolbatBtn1; ON_COMMAND(ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1, OnToolbarBtn1) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_TOOLBAR_BTN1 , OnUpdateToolbarBtn1); void CMyView::OnToolbarBtn1() { m_bToolbatBtn1^= TRUE; } void CMyView::OnUpdateToolbarBtn1(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck(m_bToolbatBtn1); } void CMyView::OnBtn2() { //to set OnToolbarBtn1 unchecked when mydlg is opened, I try to set m_bToolbatBtn1= FALSE here. if ( m_bToolbatBtn1) m_bToolbatBtn1= FALSE; CMyDlg dlg; d...

Hide button New:<entityname>
Hi, Under Contacts I've created a new 1 to many relationship to a custom entity called Employments. This entity in it's turn is related to Accounts. From the Account records I don't want the users to have the ability to create new Employments records. They schould only do this from the Contacts side. Is there any way to hide the New: Employments button under Accounts? If yes, how? Thanx, Bertil what about making the " Create " blank in secruity role of entity ( i assume its employment ) ? In this way , users would not be able to create new employment records .....

extract data from combo box n use it in SQL
not sure if i got the right forum I have a form created by VBA, and on the form I have a combo box where the user can specify the month and year. I need to retrieve data from a database using SQL but i require the input from the combo box to be part of my condition in my SQL statement to retrieve the data. so any idea wat is the syntax for writing a SQL statement with the consideration of the input from the combo box? right now i have 2 combo box. 1 holding the months, the other holding the year SELECT b.OrgID, a.OrgName,eventDate, FROM tblossevent AS b, tbOrg AS a WHERE eventdate BETWEEN...

Insert Signature button?
Is there a way to add a toolbar button to manually insert the signature instead of going to the Insert, AutoText....... What version of Word/Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sander asked: | Is there a way to add a toolbar button to manually insert the | signature instead of going to the Insert, AutoText....... Additionally, you can create a macro that does this,...

Earn MOney ONline Get Payments Weekly Thru Checks
Hi Friends, Visit http://36lives.com/gallery/b30c25ba and make money online at home.Just refer friends and earn more.Very Low Payout Just INR.100 .Payments made daily.Join Now. Regards Jagan ...

Create sublist in new worksheet
I have one worksheet of all the people invited to an event. One column indicates y for they're coming, n for they're not and blank if they have not yet replied. I want to set up a separate worksheet that lists *only* the acceptances. In other words, I want a separate worksheet that extracts the rows of data that contain y in column B but none of the other rows. Any advice? Madeline in Toronto Make sure you have a header row! Select A1! Data>Filters>Autofilter Set Autofilter to "y" in column of comings! Select all visible rows (click on row1 he...

Why can't I view worksheet that was previously ok?
I am trying to view a worksheet that has previously been fine. All that happens is I get a greyed out sheet and an error message saying it is a read-only file, which it definitely is not. I have tried all sorts but just can't get to see it - very frustrating! Any ideas anyone? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany NCS wrote: > I am trying to view a worksheet that has previously been fine. All > that happens is I get a greyed out sheet and an error message saying > it is a read-only file, which it definitely i...

Text box enabled
I have a subform Below is my code:- Code: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Private Sub txtW_Remarks_AfterUpdate() Me.txtW_AdjustedQty.Enabled = True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- I want this txtAdjustedQty to be enabled for that specific line.... Is there any way to only enabled for specific line as same as the remarks being updated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 Do you mean that if txtW_Remarks...

Who moved the OFF button and where'd you put it?
/*brief preface... I have ADD really, really bad. Some days I can't even keep track my own thoughts, so when something comes to mind I have to be able to use it quickly before that train leaves the station.*/ How do I achieve automatic:NOTHING. Office's automated functions get worse with every iteration - to me anyway. How do I get a virtual typewriter??? All I want is to set the margins and start typing -- that's it, will Office kindly STFU and stop asking me questions or worse yet just start changing things...no vasoline, no kiss - its just plain rude. The only...

sort by name when user selects name on another worksheet
Is there any want to select a value on one worksheet, using a pick list, and having that sort data by the name on another sheet? For example in a sheet named “Start Here” Cell B3 has a pick list with names in it, like Joe, bill, bob, henry etc. If the user selects Joe on that worksheet, then another worksheet named “Employees Info 2-25-10” is sorted by that name, i.e. Joe? Is this possible, if so how? Any help would be appreciated! I think that you mean data filtered rather than sorted? In other words, when you select "Joe" on the Start Here sheet, then the Emplo...

dynamically name worksheets
The first worksheet in an excel workbook contains cells that match what the names of the following worksheets need to be named. We have one master copy and new files are created from this master daily. Each new copy changes the cells and the names of the following worksheets. Currently we are manually changing the names of the worksheets (21 of them) every single time. Is there a way to have the names change dynamically when we put the new value in the first worksheet? Something similar to the way we have the heading on each sheet change by using ='FirstSheet'!A2 Thanks......

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button. #2
That seems like it would be easier, but sometimes easier isn't what i wanted... : -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26516 ...

change cell link in combox box dynamically
I am using combox box with cell link as A1. I then make a copy of the row. The new combox box's cell link still is A1. How do I change it to where the new row is? thank You'd either have to do it manually or have a macro do the work (maybe the insert, too??). But it might be easier using Data|Validation. It kind of works like that combobox and it's lots easier to implement. Debra Dalgleish has tons of tips and hints at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Kate Yang wrote: > > I am using combox box with cell link as A1. I then make a copy of the row. > The ...

Email list box
Hi folks, I have created a survey/questionnaire that I want to send to my customers. The form has a series of questions with a list box for each. How can I get the list box to be operable to the recipient of the email and so the submit button send the data to me as an email? Also, I have created a text box for comments but this is also inoperable. Any ideas, Many thanks David The easiest way I think would be to output your pub to a .pdf document, = then edit the pdf document to create a fillable form. Then email that to = your customers as an attachment for them to fill out and return to ...

Transparent Command Button & DBPix controls
Hi everybody, When I'm placing a command button over an image control and set the Trasparent property to "Yes", I can e.g. click the image (button) and let the click_event do it's work. Why doesn't this work with a DBPix control? It looks like it is impossible to place the Command Button on top. Do I do something wrong here? Or is there another solution for the problem here at hand? Thanks you all. The way Access forms are implemented prevents ActiveX Controls from being placed behind the built-in Access controls. You could place an ActiveX button on-top of s...

Edit Payables Check Batch and Distributions on Payments
When creating and editing payments in the Dynamics GP Edit Payables Check Batch window the GL distributions on the payments are not updated after unselecting voucher(s) for payment. You must use the Edit Payables Checks window to update the GL Distributions accordingly or start the payment over without mistakenly selecting a voucher that you do not want to pay. That's very inefficient and offsets some of the value of this window. Is this issue on a problem report expected to be resolved with a future service pack or hotfix? MichaelJ I just tested this and the distributions worked fine...

Outlook 2003 : How to check default mail delivery location
Hi all, Does anyone know how to find out what the default mail delivery location in Outlook 2003 is? Is this somewhere in the registry or in some obscure file on the HD? I know you can of course look in Outlook (under Accounts), but I need to be able to script this ... We are using Outlook 2003 clients on Win XP. Any help is appriciated! Lenny Lennydc@gmail.com, you wrote on Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:51:26 -0000: > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to find out what the default mail delivery > location in Outlook 2003 is? > > Is this somewhere in the registry or in some ...