Charts #3

hi, i have data on different sheets in a workbook. the data on the
first sheet is a name corresponding to which there is an amount in the
next cell. On the second sheet too, the same name appears but with a
different amount next to it. Is it possible to create a graph based on
the two values.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

How to add pattern to the shape styles for charts in Excel 2007
I was wondering if somebody could help me. I just switched from Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007. In Excel 2003 when I was making charts I used to be able to fill in bars with patterns. It appears that there is no such function in 2007 version. Does anyone know if I can add this function (it is still there in shape formatting section)? Thank you. Galina. Hi, I have an addin that exposes a gui in order to do patterns in charts and shapes. http://www.andypope.info/charts/patternfills.htm I did not think patterns where accessible even when dealing with shapes. Cheers Andy ...

averageif with 3 crieteria
SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534>=100),--(G498:G534<=200))/SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534<>"")) I searched questions already answered but did not see averageif with 3 criteria I want the formula to return the average. Thanks in advance >I want the formula to return the average. The average of what? It looks like you're calculating the percentage of cells that meet a condition. Why do you think you need/want an "averageif" formula? What version of Excel are you using? -- Biff Microsoft Exc...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

Help with vlookup #3
using 2003. I am looking up a number (stored as a string) on another worksheet and returning another series of numbers (also stored as a string) - ie lookup return 411140 263791-411140E Problem - Excel formats the returned data as: 2.63791E+11. It apparently sees it as a mathmatical subtraction of an exponential number even tho it is a text. It doesn't seem to matter how I format the cell. When I format it as text, the formula does not work. (requires General to execute formula). Executing a "text to columns" does the same thing. I need the returned data to show - 263...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking doesn't work!!!
CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. But when the contact reply this email, the reply email can reach the server but it doesn't saved in the history(tracking doesn't work!) of CRM. The tracking function has been opened. We can't reinstall CRM server to fix this problem becasue there are many of customizations. we are having the exact same problem! did you ever get a solution?? thanks, "CEO" wrote: > CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. > But when the contact reply this email, t...

Need large gap in chart
I am making a line graph with 2 sets of numbers that are very far apart - one set of numbers is around 7000 to 8000, and the other set is closer to 80,000. Of course, I get one line at the top of the chart that is pretty easy to read, but the line on the bottom that represents the smaller numbers is just TINY and looks pretty much straight. My question is this: is there a way to put a "break" into the graph between the smaller numbered data and the larger ones so they are all easier to read? Like a jagged line showing where the jump occurs or something? Hi, Jon has an exampl...

Hidden Comments #3
If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line? Thanks I don't believe it is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C42B096-4C61-453F-B45C-BE837D32C98D@microsoft.com... > If a comment is created...

Excel 2007
When you set reverse categories for the horizontal axis, I noticed that the legend (which I normally placed at the bottom of the chart), did not correspondingly reverse. Is this WAD (working as designed) ? If not, how can i overcome this as the reader would have to mentally "remap" the legend to the bar chart. Thanks very much. Hi, Reversing the Axis categories will not effect the legend order. To do that you need to change the Series Order. In 2007 this is none via the Select Data Source dialog. Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data. Use the Up/Down arrows in the...

3 Factors Analyzed
I need to create a chart that can be analyzed or visualized that has 3 dimensions of a sort. (1) I have a list of items (which can grow) (2) I have set of 5 working conditions in which each item must meet one of the five (3) but they also get analyzed for the condition daily - so I need to add a date range - and it happens twice a day (AM & PM). I haven't been able to figure out how to cleanly get all this data into a table, let alone create a chart from it. HELP! -- Bonnie M. Hi Bonnie, I think you need a clearer idea of what you want to end up with, and from there you could...

Display order of Bar Chart
How do I get a bar chart to display my data in the order I created it rather then in a sort ascending or descending order. I created my vertical axis categories in the exact order I want the bar chart to display the data however, when the chart is created is rearranged into ascending order of the data not in the order of the categories as I developed it. That is not how Excel behaves; when the data is in rows, the first category of the first row is at the bottom of the bar chart and so on, regardless of the y-values best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.s...

Sending POP 3 email
Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using Winsock ? Thank you POP is for receiving SMTP is for sending. So either make you own SMTP control or there are some available like ostrosoft smtp "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:elTQmQ4TLHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose | content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using | Winsock ? | | ...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Desktop Alert #3
Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders as you get for the main inbox? I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent box on the screen and does not didapper until you click close unlike the alert for inbox. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Drew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders >as you get for the main inbox? >I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent >box on the screen and does not didapper until you click >close unlike the alert...

Charts and "global" changes
Hello all, I'm actually working in Microsoft Access97, which uses MSGraph 2000 for charting, so I thought this was really a "charting" question... not an Access question. I have an XY scatter chart (using just points... no X or Y error bars or lines) all laid out just fine, but I have a couple of questions that would make my work a lot easier. When the data first displayed on the chart, every data point had a different "style"... circles, triangles, x's, etc... I had to go into every one individually and change them to a black dot at size 3. Isn...

Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed
Hello! I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just missing one line! Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard of this? I really appreciate your help! Hi Jean, Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars? Tools > Options, View tab. There were some early problems with 3D ...

Column names are 1,2,3,....
I just noticed today that the column names in my excel spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are numerical. The column marked "1" is defined by excel as column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R". How can I get the column names to change back to the alphabet? Thanks Hi! G! Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good...

Pie chart
Is there an pie chart type where you can explode just one of the sets of data on the chart? I have access to both Excel/Powerpoint 97 and 2003, but there doesn't appear to be any differences in what's available for pie charts. Is there an add-in or something for variations on these pie or other charts. Thanks for your thoughts or suggestions. Diana Create a regular pie chart in Excel Click on the pie to select it (each slice will have a black handle on its outer edge) Click on the slice that you want to explode (only that slice will now have handles) Drag out the select...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?
I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series?? I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, n...

Free business opportunity #3
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

sizing a chart
Two Questions: (1) I have two charts that are exactly the same just showing different data. Is there an easy way to make these charts the exact same size? (2) How can I get them to line up with border lines I have on my worksheet so that they look right on the printout? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have. Hold the Alt key while moving and resizing the charts, and they will stick to the cell boundaries. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsof...

CRM 3 Virtual PC demo
When logged as administrator I cannot find Settings bar Do you have the outlook client loaded as well? This will disable the Settings option in the IE client. "Valdas Zagorskas" wrote: > When logged as administrator I cannot find Settings bar > If the Outlook Client is run then the settings tab goes away. You must run the IE only version of CRM first before you run the Outlook client if you want to see the settings tab. Don't ask me why someone thought this was a good idea. "NickB" <NickB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DD16090-...