Charting Problem in Excel 2010 #2

I have created a new file with attached line chart but I cannot seem
to navigate to the proper screen where you add the vertical axis label
AND chart title. 

Bill
0
jw.helbron (21)
10/24/2011 7:53:56 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
537 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

On Oct 24, 2:53=A0pm, Bill <jw.helb...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I have created a new file with attached line chart but I cannot seem
> to navigate to the proper screen where you add the vertical axis label
> AND chart title.
>
> Bill
Add axis titles manually
 1.Click anywhere in the chart to which you want to add axis titles.

This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format
tabs.
 2.On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Axis Titles.


3.Do any of the following:
To add a title to a primary horizontal (category) axis, click Primary
Horizontal Axis Title, and then click the option that you want.

 Tip   If the chart has a secondary horizontal axis, you can also
click Secondary Horizontal Axis Title.
 To add a title to primary vertical (value) axis, click Primary
Vertical Axis Title or Secondary Vertical Axis Title, and then click
the option that you want.

 Tip   If the chart has a secondary vertical axis, you can also click
Secondary Vertical Axis Title.
 To add a title to a depth (series) axis, click Depth Axis Title, and
then click the option that you want.

 Note   This option is only available when the selected chart is a
true 3-D chart, such as a 3-D column chart.
 4.In the Axis Title text box that appears in the chart, type the text
that you want.

 Tip   To start a new line, press ENTER. To insert a line break, click
to place the cursor where you want to break the line, and then press
ENTER.
 5.To format the text in the title box, do the following:
 1.Click in the title box, and then select the text that you want to
format.
2.On the Mini toolbar, click the formatting options that you want.

 Tip   You can also use the formatting buttons on the ribbon (Home
tab, Font group. To format the whole title, you can right-click it,
click Format Axis Title, and then select the formatting options that
you want.

 Notes
 If you switch to another chart type that does not support axis titles
(such as a pie chart), the axis titles will no longer be displayed.
The titles will be displayed again when you switch back to a chart
type that does support axis titles.
Axis titles that are displayed for secondary axes will be lost when
you switch to a chart type that does not display secondary axes.

0
dguillett11 (103)
10/25/2011 1:06:12 PM
Don,

I managed to get the axis labels but only by using the Text Box and
then moving it to the desired location. I just missed the #2! I knew
it had to be there somewhere; I just missed it! Thanks!

Bill

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:06:12 -0700 (PDT), Don Guillett
<dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 24, 2:53�pm, Bill <jw.helb...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> I have created a new file with attached line chart but I cannot seem
>> to navigate to the proper screen where you add the vertical axis label
>> AND chart title.
>>
>> Bill
>Add axis titles manually
> 1.Click anywhere in the chart to which you want to add axis titles.
>
>This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format
>tabs.
> 2.On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Axis Titles.
>
>
>3.Do any of the following:
>To add a title to a primary horizontal (category) axis, click Primary
>Horizontal Axis Title, and then click the option that you want.
>
> Tip   If the chart has a secondary horizontal axis, you can also
>click Secondary Horizontal Axis Title.
> To add a title to primary vertical (value) axis, click Primary
>Vertical Axis Title or Secondary Vertical Axis Title, and then click
>the option that you want.
>
> Tip   If the chart has a secondary vertical axis, you can also click
>Secondary Vertical Axis Title.
> To add a title to a depth (series) axis, click Depth Axis Title, and
>then click the option that you want.
>
> Note   This option is only available when the selected chart is a
>true 3-D chart, such as a 3-D column chart.
> 4.In the Axis Title text box that appears in the chart, type the text
>that you want.
>
> Tip   To start a new line, press ENTER. To insert a line break, click
>to place the cursor where you want to break the line, and then press
>ENTER.
> 5.To format the text in the title box, do the following:
> 1.Click in the title box, and then select the text that you want to
>format.
>2.On the Mini toolbar, click the formatting options that you want.
>
> Tip   You can also use the formatting buttons on the ribbon (Home
>tab, Font group. To format the whole title, you can right-click it,
>click Format Axis Title, and then select the formatting options that
>you want.
>
> Notes
> If you switch to another chart type that does not support axis titles
>(such as a pie chart), the axis titles will no longer be displayed.
>The titles will be displayed again when you switch back to a chart
>type that does support axis titles.
>Axis titles that are displayed for secondary axes will be lost when
>you switch to a chart type that does not display secondary axes.
0
jw.helbron (21)
10/25/2011 2:53:19 PM
On Oct 25, 9:53=A0am, Bill <jw.helb...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Don,
>
> I managed to get the axis labels but only by using the Text Box and
> then moving it to the desired location. I just missed the #2! I knew
> it had to be there somewhere; I just missed it! Thanks!
>
> Bill
>
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:06:12 -0700 (PDT), Don Guillett
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> <dguille...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Oct 24, 2:53=A0pm, Bill <jw.helb...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> I have created a new file with attached line chart but I cannot seem
> >> to navigate to the proper screen where you add the vertical axis label
> >> AND chart title.
>
> >> Bill
> >Add axis titles manually
> > 1.Click anywhere in the chart to which you want to add axis titles.
>
> >This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format
> >tabs.
> > 2.On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Axis Titles.
>
> >3.Do any of the following:
> >To add a title to a primary horizontal (category) axis, click Primary
> >Horizontal Axis Title, and then click the option that you want.
>
> > Tip =A0 If the chart has a secondary horizontal axis, you can also
> >click Secondary Horizontal Axis Title.
> > To add a title to primary vertical (value) axis, click Primary
> >Vertical Axis Title or Secondary Vertical Axis Title, and then click
> >the option that you want.
>
> > Tip =A0 If the chart has a secondary vertical axis, you can also click
> >Secondary Vertical Axis Title.
> > To add a title to a depth (series) axis, click Depth Axis Title, and
> >then click the option that you want.
>
> > Note =A0 This option is only available when the selected chart is a
> >true 3-D chart, such as a 3-D column chart.
> > 4.In the Axis Title text box that appears in the chart, type the text
> >that you want.
>
> > Tip =A0 To start a new line, press ENTER. To insert a line break, click
> >to place the cursor where you want to break the line, and then press
> >ENTER.
> > 5.To format the text in the title box, do the following:
> > 1.Click in the title box, and then select the text that you want to
> >format.
> >2.On the Mini toolbar, click the formatting options that you want.
>
> > Tip =A0 You can also use the formatting buttons on the ribbon (Home
> >tab, Font group. To format the whole title, you can right-click it,
> >click Format Axis Title, and then select the formatting options that
> >you want.
>
> > Notes
> > If you switch to another chart type that does not support axis titles
> >(such as a pie chart), the axis titles will no longer be displayed.
> >The titles will be displayed again when you switch back to a chart
> >type that does support axis titles.
> >Axis titles that are displayed for secondary axes will be lost when
> >you switch to a chart type that does not display secondary axes.

Glad to help
0
dguillett11 (103)
10/25/2011 3:08:47 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problems with reallocations in the Advanced Budget
I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have reallocated money between categories and months. recently when I updated my transactions all my real locations were wrong. Basically the money I allocated from March to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that did nothing. Microsoft Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 I am so glad to see that I am...

Problem automating page in IE 8
Hi, I am using the following code to open a page to sign in to MyMsn and it does not work in the same way as other secure sites do. I don't know if Microsoft does something different(big grin here), but the code, which I believe I got from Karl Peterson, shows 22 objects on the document, but does not print anything for the obj type, obj name or obj value. Passing the document to a timer to run HTML links does not show the sign in boxes at all either. Is there another way to see the items on this page and pass the email address and password to them? Code: Private Su...

New to excel
Hi All, I'm new to Excel ( and to this forum :) ) and so I hope somebody may b able to help me. I've got 2 questions.... QUESTION 1 I've got a spreadsheet which takes data from one worksheet and uses i to calculate data in a second worksheet using the following code formula: =IF('4th November 2005'!B19="","nothing here dude",IF(B19<'4th Novembe 2005'!B19,"UP",IF(B19='4th November 2005'!B19,"Same",IF(B19>'4t November 2005'!B19,"DOWN")))) The problem is, when I create a new worksheet I have...

Looking for Excel Help
I'm a very novice Excel user and am looking for a little help with creating a formula for a spreadsheet I'm creating for my personal use. I would appreciate some assistance if possible. Thanks in advance. Dan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Dan! Post a sample of what you want to do. Your question is just a tad open ended <g> -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "DanB4105" <DanB4105.ywtpa@excelfor...

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

Autonumber created.. problems in the future?
I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published it on the form. Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1. I locked the field on the form. It worked! I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration? San ________________________________ Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com The biggest dange...

More Columns #2
I am using all columns through IV on one of my worksheets. Does anyone know how to get more columns? Hi stacy know way using Excel. this is the maximum! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stacy Haskins wrote: > I am using all columns through IV on one of my > worksheets. Does anyone know how to get more columns? As Frank said, that's the maximum cols But maybe you could try transposing your table / data ? (Excel has a lot more rows than columns) If so, try: http://tinyurl.com/2nmyy for an example on using TRANSPOSE() For a one-time Tranpose: Copy > Paste Specia...

Linking files 2 ways
I have a work book that is linked to another and vise versa. As thus: Workbook A is where the input of data is made; Workbook B has a link to the input from workbook A; Workbook A retrieves the altered data back as a link. Although this all works fine with both books open, I note that if I open workbook A by itself, that the data it retrieves from Workbook B is not updated . If However, both books are open, there's no problem. I thought linked books were updated automatically if the Update remote references has been selected?? But it appears that the second book is not updated until it ...

Question -Problem
Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles on this computer running winxp. Stan-The-Man-2006 wrote: > Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot > configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles > on this computer running winxp. If you have a free Hotmail account, note that it won't work anymore (even your other profiles will eventually have problems) - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#hotmail ...

Excel button problem
Hi All I have a macro that copies a worksheet in the active workbook and puts it into a new workbook - then formats it and deletes any buttons on the worksheet. On the first click on the button the macro works ok. On the second click, it fails because the all assigned macros on all buttons in the active workbook changed from "mba" to "book1!mba". Book 1 doesn't exists (wasn't opened, wasn't saved, doesn't have the macros). I've never experienced this problem before?? Can anyone help to solve this problem? FYI The macro to do this is c...

Excel 97 #9
Please can anyone help??? I have two columns in Excel 97. The first contains a list of statu values eg. pending, or granted or withdrawn. The second contains date eg.01/12/1997, 05/06/2003. I woudl like to know how to get all th granted apps before 31/12/2003. Can anyone help please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com theres many ways, but an easiest way would be to do a sort. Highlight the 2 columns, click on data, then sort, then sort by status, then by date. this should group them all together. hope this helps...toe >-----Original Message----- >Please can anyo...

AD Sync problem
Hello, One of my DC was disconnected from the network for quite a long time and cannot be synchronized with AD anymore. I have been trying to apply the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325850/en-us procedure to reset the machine account password. After launching the command "netdom resetpwd /S: ....." I've got the following error message : "The machine account password for the local machine could not be reset. Echec d'ouverture de session : unknown user or incorrect password. The command failed to complete successfully." ANy idea to help me ? Man...

WCF Client serialization problem
I posted the problem on another forum, and to prevent duplicate posts, but get as many professionals as possible to look at it, I include the url in this post. Please help! http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2948657/migrating-webclient-to-wcf-wcf-client-serializes-parametername-of-method ...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

learning Excel #3
Hi, I was considering learning Excel as an additional tool for my data analysis work. Is it better to use data sets that I have previously used with SPSS and apply the same analysis tools as in SPSS? For applying the appropriate tools, I was considering using excel's online help. The second option I have is to use some excel book for data analysis and apply the techniques to data sets provided with the book. Any suggestions????? regards Metal ...

Goal Seek #2
Can anyone tell me a little about goal seek? Hi basically it's used to change an input variable so that the result of the formula equals what you want it to ... say i have the following A B C 1 10 20 =A1+B1 now C1 will give me 30, but if i want to know what B1 will need to be if i want C1 to show 50, i can use goal seek Set C1 to value of 50 by changing B1 Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jamie Hart" <jhart@emaple.net> wrote in message news:u3OscELdEHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can a...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

Having problem with spoofing email
Our users just received multiple email from different users outside the company. In the To: line, it shows his user name correctly but when he print those email, the To: line was showing somebody else name on the print out. Is there a way to block this behavior? I'm using E2k3. For some reason our spam (postini) didn't pick up these emails. Thank you, Could you please post the message in raw format (including the mail headers) Petch wrote: > Our users just received multiple email from different users outside the > company. In the To: line, it shows his user name cor...

outlook 97 and express email problems
Hi, I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running windows 98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I have not been able to send or recieve emails with outlook 97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might do? I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and outlook express, but I still get the same error. Thankyou in advance! Tim D...

Problem with Range
Hello All, Using Windows & Excel XP. I have a worksheet that has times located in every other column, A1:A30, C1:C30, E1:E30. I then name the range "times". I want to find the count of times that are between 0:30:00 and 0:39:59 (30 and 39:59 minutes). I write the formula: =COUNTIF(times,">=" & TIME(0,30,0)) - COUNTIF(times,">=" & TIME(0,39,59)) but get the error #VALUE! I have tried writing a formula for times in one column and consecutive columns and it gives the correct count, it is just when the times in every other column that th...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2
I get the following error when I try going offline. The excelption is taken from Event Viewer of the Client Machine. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: 3/25/2008 Time: 5:03:33 PM User: N/A Computer: WINXP Description: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'ActivityMimeAttachment', batchRows=0 with exception System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument li...

Excel corrupts when asking to update vlookups
We are experiencing weird behavior with some Office 2K3 Excel spreadsheets that contain lots of calculations, but no macros. On some pc’s Excel acts normally, on others you get the error. I have a couple of screen shots available. Any help is appreciated. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Gu...

Uninstall of mappoint has caused errors with excel
Hi, I am running Office 2003 on the terminal server (windows 2003) and had a copy of mappoint as well. This is a mapping program. We ininstalled mappoint which has caused an error message with Excel and other office products. The error says "Cd:\documents and settings\administrator.ocrdc1\application data\microsoft\addins c:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid add-in." I then click OK and excel opens up and everything is fine. The problem is that we are using other programs as well such as Quickbooks that export to excel and t...

Contacts in Exchange #2
We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to give a user rights to her boss's contacts through delegation and setting the rights on the contacts folder, however, while she has the rights she is unable to add or see her boss's contact folder in her Outlook. She can see it if she runs a search, but can not permanently put it in her list of contact folders. IS there a way that I can accomplish this through the back-end? Thanks, Joseph rapoport jrapoport@insurmark.net ...

message delivery problems
Hello! There are several email address that when I send them an e-mail, they just sit in the Queue. I did message tracking and its telling me that "Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery". Can anyone suggest symptoms for this? Thank You! usually messages sitting in outgoing queue take time due to DNS related issues. Do you have issues performing NSlookups on any domains from your workstation? Can you perform the same NSlookups from the exchange server? From the exchange server, can you perform smtp communication directly to the mailserver that would receive the e...