charting newdata

Formula or VBA?

I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I
know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section
of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the
data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not
automatically include into the data range for a chart.

The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to
create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data
area every time the table is updated
Thanks for the input.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

chart in excel like google finance chart
I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a chart like that can be implemented in excel. Some of the features I'm very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window and chart the trend. I need to create a chart that is basically identical to the google and yahoo finance charts. Is this possible at all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look elsewhere. If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing this? Thanks, Can you post back with the chart you have in mind? More than likely you can create the chart in Exc...

Chart mm:ss
I am trying to chart minutes and seconds in a graph. I have the cells formatted as mm:ss. When I look at the data table it is showing my entries as 00:00. For example in cell C3 I have ":03" and in the data table it is 00:00, therefore not creating a bar on my bar graph. If I format the cell as text it still displays 0 in the data table. Please help. Thanks, Kara Hi Kara, Actually if its minutes and seconds try 00:00:03 Kara wrote: > This still displays a 0 value in the data table, therfore > not giving me a bar for the bar chart. > > >>-----Origina...

Print Chart in Shared Workbook
Hi, I have a Chart on one of my sheets and when my workbook is shared, I cannot select it it and print it. Can someone tell me how to do ?? regards Paul. One of the features that's listed in help as unavailable with shared workbooks is the ability to change charts. Even though I couldn't select the chart itself, I could print the worksheet that it was on. If you really just want to print the chart (and none of the cells surrounding the chart), maybe you could plop it (or a copy of it) onto a chart sheet--and print that. Paul. wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a Chart on...

Excel Charts and time values
I am trying to create an excel chart to plot times. The Y axis needs to go from 9pm (bottom) up to 11am. The X axis should be dates. I can get this far but the chart will not plot anytime 12am - 11am. It will only plot 9pm - 11:59pm. Does anyone know how to make this work? Thank you! Excel treats time as a fraction, the portion of a day. The date is the whole number part of a value. Even though 1 am is two hours after 11 pm, it has a value much smaller. To make this work you should either use a date and time, or add 1 to the times equal to or after midnight. - Jon ------- Jon Pe...

Pyramid Charts
Does anyone know if there is a way to create a pyramid chart with altered shape to reflect unbalanced info. My chart will represent company organization which has too many middle management positions. So the typical pyramid does not illustrate. I want the graphic to show more of a rocket ship - top portion normal pyramid, middle more tubular and flair out at the bottom. Any suggestions? -- Thanks KCW Can't you just use a bar chart? People will tend to focus on the fancy shape, and wonder how you made it, and forget the data it's supposedly showing. - Jon ----...

Invoice Chart!
Can I use a chart to show the ratio of overdue invoice:paid invoices:not paid (but not overdue)? -- Alexa ...

chart #12
Hi!, I remember 2 years back i have done this type of chart from Scenarios or goal seek not excatly rem, but now i forget.. i want to do the chart in excel 2007.. Here is the story.. I had data for 3 different regions i.e east, west, central on different tab. On the 1st sheet i want to display one single chart (rest of the 3 tabs data) with the radio button 1 - East, 2-West, 3-Central. When i click on 1st radio button i.e east the chart should be display with the details from east, when i click on the radio button for West - the chart should be displayed for West and the same should be...

Control charting #2
How did I build a true control chart that has the mean in the middle, the control limits; mean +-2(stdev) and mean +-3(stdev), see below. I have attempted to use both scatter and line charts and then manipulate the axis, but that only works for the X and Y axis and does not give me the mean line or control limits on the right. Ideas? I'm sure that I'm making this more difficult than I need.... mean+2(stdv)30.1 mean-2(stdv)13.3 Mean 21.7 mean+3(stdv)34.3 mean-3(stdv)9.1 Day # treated 1 25 2 19 3 17 4 15 5 20 6 24 7 30 8 19 9 16 10 23 Than...

Getting Trend Line Info from Chart
Hi - I am creating a manpower report and updating learning curve charts for a decision making tool through VBA. The issue I am having is the trend line (Power) in the charts gives me the output I need but I cannot figure out how to pull the values I want into the spreadsheet. I have tried a couple of functions but have come up empty handed. The RSQ function is not multilinear. Does anyone know the formula for a power trend line? For example out of 100 samples I get the following info: y = 1.5326x0.0657 R2 = 0.5744 Thank you in advance for any asssistance. Carrie -- Message posted via Offi...

Problem with Chart drawing blank cells as zero
Hi I am currently trying to create an excel line chart showing cumulative baseline vs Cumulative Actual vs forecast actual lines (the forecast line is a continuation of the Actual to date line) which I have done - but am trying to automate it so it is 'more user friendly' and can be created at the touch of a macro. The problem I am having is that one of the formulae i am using looks up a date in the timescale and if it is in the future I want it to leave the cell bank (using the "" option" - problem is the chart then decides this is not a blank cell it is a zero ...

How do you format each pie chart segment with different fills
Hi, You have to select the individual slice. Click once to select the pie. Click again to select the slice. Cheers Andy clueless wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Andy - THANKS! I was having the exact same problem! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > You have to select the individual slice. > Click once to select the pie. > Click again to select the slice. > > Cheers > Andy > > clueless wrote: > > -- > > Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel > http://www.andypope.info > ...

Marginal Abatement Cost
I want to create a marginal abatement cost (MAC) column chart in Excel 2003. The data I am using is sorted for cost ($/tonne/year). Then I have a marginal abatement (tonnes of CO2-e) and cumulative marginal abatement (also tonnes of CO2-e). On the x axis I will have cost. The y axis shall be marginal abatement, the width of the columns shall represent the marginal abatement, and their location on the axis will be determined by the cumulative marginal abatement. Since the data is sorted for cost, the chart shall show increasing cost with an increasing cumulative marginal abatement. ...

Controlling excel chart axis
Hi, I have automated plotting of charts of date v/s speed recorded on a particular day with date on the x-axis and speed on the y-axis for each car that is being tested say Focus, Escort and Ikon. The graph gets displayed properly for the first data selected (say Focus) from a combo box. Now, for the other selection, the graph axis are getting reversed i.e date is getting plotted on the y-axis and speed on the x-axis ! Is there some why to control this ? I’m using Excel with VBA. TIA Is it still the same type of chart? You must somehow be mixing up Values and XValues for ...

Multiple Charts within 1 Chart Sheet
How can I place 2,3, or 4 charts within 1 chart sheet? I'd prefer not to use the embedded chart approach. Thanks. They will be embedded, but in the chart sheet, not in a work sheet. Select a blank cell that is itself surrounded by blank cells, and press the F11 key to make a blank chart sheet. Now make the charts you want to place on the chart sheet, and in the last step of the wizard, Location, select As Object In and choose the chart sheet from the drop down list. To move an existing chart, right click on it, choose Location from the pop up menu, and choose As Object In and select the ...

Bar Chart depicting the "percentage of another percentage(less than 100)"
I am trying to figure out how to create a progress chart that include two values. The first values (78%, 61%, 0%, 11%) represent the percentage o reports submitted. The second values (50%, 17%, 0%, 40%) represent the percentage o reports submitted that are complete. Does anyone know how to represent his on a graph -- TEA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47947 Submitted Complete Al ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

How do I chart two separate sets of x and corresponding y values .
I would like to chart two sets of x and y values with each set of x values corresponding to its own set of dependant y values. The two sets of x values for the ordinate are entirely different. It seems like I can only chart two sets of data on the same graph with the same values for x and two separate sets of dependant values for y. Is there any way possible to get around this problem? Select your first set of X&Y data, Insert/ Chart (Chart type XY, & choose an appropriate sub-type)/ other options as appropriate. Now select your second set of X&Y data, Copy, select your c...

Bar Chart based on report calculations...
I am using Access 2002. I have a query with one field called txtUsedKnowledge that has four possible responses. They are Never, Small Extent, Moderate Extent and Great Extent. I did many calculations with these including counting them individually and getting the percent for each one based on the over all count. Now I would like to create a bar chart with the four responses listed that will update each time it's run. I created the chart but have to type in the figures for each response myself. Since the calculations are done on the report and not in the query is the...

Export Campaign Acitivites to a timeline/Gnatt chart
One of our prospects came up with a good question... They want to be able to take a marketing campaign's planning activities and campaign activities and be able to produce a timeline/gnatt chart for their board meetings. I assume we have to export then maybe upload into MS Project? Any suggestions of how this can be done? Thank you. One way to achieve this would be to have code read the crm data then export to an mpx file which can be read in project. You are the first person who has requested this type of functionality on this group. ======================= John O'Donnell...

SeriesCollection
Has anyone encountered this? TIA - Bob Sub ColorBySeriesName() Dim rPatterns As Range Dim iSeries As Long Dim rSeries As Range Set rPatterns = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:H66") With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart For iSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count Set rSeries = rPatterns.Find(What:=.SeriesCollection(iSeries).Name) If Not rSeries Is Nothing Then 'Gets near end of the SeriesCollection (56th of 66) & doesn't assign correct 'ColorIndex .SeriesCollection(iSeries).Interior.ColorIndex = rSeries.Interior.ColorIndex End If Next En...

I need to chart some data points!
I am trying to chart two columns from a .csv file. In the Chart Wizard. When it gets to the Data Range, the field is blank. So I high lite the two columns again, and try to hit next button. Microsoft excel says, "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference. It won't chart my data. What should I do? Is it 2003 excel fault? If I try to chart a .xml file with the same steps and it works. Also out of the high lited columns; Data Range field is already filled in corre...

Unlink chart from sheet
How can I replace ranges in a chart's SERIES formula with their current values? I know how to do this in Excel, but how would I do this in VBA? Thanks If you know how to do it in Excel, have you tried recording a macro to see what the VBA would look like to do the same thing? That would be my first step. HTH, Eric "Gerry Verschuuren" wrote: > How can I replace ranges in a chart's SERIES formula with their current > values? I know how to do this in Excel, but how would I do this in VBA? Thanks You can store your chart data as arrays in the rele...

charts hided with black cover
Accidentally, I have got charts covered with a gray sheet. After clicking a chart the sheet disappears! How to remove this enoying problem? :confused: -- res2001 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ res2001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384975 Choose Tools>Options On the View tab, under Objects, select "Show All" Click OK res2001 wrote: > Accidentally, I have got charts covered with a gray sheet. > After clicki...

Pie Chart #2
I have a column titled "On time" the entries underneath this title are either"Yes", "NO", or "NOT COMPLETED". I want to create a pie chart with the percentages of Yes and NO. Please help. Thanks in advance. In one cell, use the formula =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=YES"). In another, =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=NO"). Build your graph from the results of those two cells. Hope this helps. Jane "Dahlman" wrote: > I have a column titled "On time" the entries underneath this title are > either"Yes", "NO&qu...

Setting chart scale min/max in VBA
Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? Hi, See Jon's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote: > Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same > workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it > manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? > Here's an example of setting min and max dates for a trend chart...