charting newdata

Formula or VBA?

I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I
know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section
of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the
data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not
automatically include into the data range for a chart.

The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to
create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data
area every time the table is updated
Thanks for the input.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Pivot chart #3
Hi, I created a pivot chart and it works fine at the beginning. Later when I drag and drop the field the whole chart disappeared. I need to drag and drop the field in the pivot table and then come back to see the chart (it comes back). Any one can help? Thanks Ava HI, Click the "Chart " option on the floatin panel and you should go to the Chart page, just drag and drop there dave ...

current and future chart section in different colours
Hi All Helpers, I have yearly charts set up for totals of income etc (monthly and cumulative). How can I make the chart a different colour after the current month? Preferably also hiding the cumulative lines after the current date. Thanks Mon Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html that may help you. mon wrote: > Hi All Helpers, I have yearly charts set up for totals of > income etc (monthly and cumulative). How can I make the > chart a different colour after the current month? > Preferably also hid...

chart error message / work sheet not open ?
I have a chart that I want to add a new series of data. I get an error message saying "Reference not valid. Renerence must be to an open worksheet" But the chart and the data are in the same workbook. I can go to any worksheet. Why won't it chart? Any suggestions? Ron How are you referencing the data? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:413D2762-D3BB-4795-A2C6-A71F4789005D@microsoft.com... &g...

Possible chart model?
I want to make a new model of chart, i don´t no is or not possible. I seed that in a company presentation, but maked it with two grups os value and is very dificult to atualized. Imagine the sample below with colums: Ebit 2007 price volume cost expenses EBIT 2008 15 +5 +2 -3 -2 17 but the "price" begin your colum in the top line of "Ebit 2007", the next colum "volume" begin in scale 20, because is 15 + 5 for a price, the next "cost" must the top of the colum at the number 22 and go d...

Two-Axes, Stacked and Line Chart
Hi Folks - I'm back with another challenge ... I have data in the following format: Unit Category Count Sum Admin ABC 10 400 Admin DEF 15 500 IT ABC 10 450 IT GHI 12 600 I'd like to create a two-axes stacked/line combo chart. The stacked columns in this case would be Admin and IT with the Categories in the 'stack'. The second axis would be a line graph that charts the total sum of each unit, in this ca...

How do I create a Chart from character data?
Need to create a chart from character data. Do I use pivot table or bar/pie chart and do I need to create a Macro? Basically, how do I do this? Is this a column of text, and you want a chart to show the frequency of each item in the list? If so, add a heading to the column, then create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a pie chart from the pivot table results. In your pivot table, add the text field button to the row area, and another copy of the same field button to the data area, where it will become 'Count of text'. There are instructions for pivot tables in...

In mixed bar and line chart. I cannot change one of my source da. #2
In mixed bar and line chart. I cannot change one of my source data from a bar to a line - how can I do this? having looked at others answers and also:.... http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html i managed to work it out. Thanks "bluetractorboy" wrote: > In mixed bar and line chart. I cannot change one of my source data from a > bar to a line - how can I do this? ...

My charts are red
Why are my charts red? I thought it was my color printer, but I changed the cartridge. On print preview the charts, title, axis titles and everything else is red. How can I change it all back to black? Thanks, Sam ...

Dynamic chart #9
is it possiable to make a chart like this, I got the dates in the first row, that is B01:NC01 the data is in B25:NC01, this row has a forumla in it, which gets updated each day, what I want is a dynamic chart that, will only show the current month, so when the first comes around the chart will again be blank, I know that the number of days in the month will change with each month. Is there any way to create a chart like this, I know how to use, the name range. Thanks ...

Chart size relative to contents
2 questions: 1.) I have a chart which plots circles in an X Y scatter. Based on the size of the circles within the chart, the circles appear as an ellipse. I can resize the chart manually to bring the circles back to shape - I was wondering if there was some quick VBA to make the chart area relative to the X and Y axis length. 2.) I use these charts as a template, so the data changes. If I know the extreme X and Y values, is there a method to control the axis length with that information - while still taking advantage of the "automatic" scaling feature? (this will be i...

Colours in Bar Charts
I would like to have different coloured bars in my bar graph dependant on tolorence level (Eg: If result <95 display red, >95 but <100 then display Yellow, =100 then display green Can Excel do this Many Thank Richard Richard - What can't Excel do? No, don't get me started, but there are many things Excel can do, if you're willing to set up the data properly. The first two examples on this page show how to set up conditional formatting in an Excel chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Representing symbols in charts
I am trying to plot 2 series in a bar chart. Each observation can have a numeric value of 0 to Infinity. The problem with this is that there is no way I can represent 'Infinity' in the chart. I'd like to show a symbol whenever there is an infinity, is there a way to out a symbol (eg. an infinity symbol), other than by manually cutting and pasting it? Can someone help me out? Jon Peltier has an example of how to do this on his site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html "Symbols in Charts" <Symbols in Charts@discussions.micros...

charts #4
What is the best chart to show how much a different person used each year. Each person represent a different house I want to show which house used the most services for the year. So in excel I have a list of the people and the services they used on specific dates and the amount they used all I want is to chart the person and the amount of services they used to compare with the other people. I would think that a simple bar graph would show it pretty effectively - each bar representing a house/person, and height of the bar representing the amount of services. If you have several servic...

Excel Problems(Charts)
I was trying to make charts for values bieng calculated using formulae. How can I prevent excel from taking values as Zero if no value is given in the cells where primary data is given. Select your chart, then Tools/ Options/ Chart/ Plot empy cells as: and choose Not plotted, or Interpolated, not Zeroes. If the cell isn't empty, but the result of a formula returning "", for example, then replace the "" in the formula by NA() -- David Biddulph <Shaijuzacharia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8e79500f-d25a-44ec-b023-bcfb092dd1a3@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com.....

excel 2007 chart
my x axis in the table consists of 1,3,6,9,12,15..., the chart x axis shows up as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... how do I get the chart axis to reflect the proper x axis of 1,3,6,9,12,15...? this is in excel2007 Remove the label (text) at the top of the x-values and re-make the chart Depending on your purpose you may need a XY (not a Line) chart if these a real numeric quantities and not just categories best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "rvanb" <rvanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0BEE24-43D3...

inverting aixs of chart
I am trying to create a graph. I need to know how to swap the y and x axis around so that the graph sits the other way. hi there, if it's a column graph a quick cheat is to just change it to a bar graph (go Chart-->Chart Type and make the change in there). HTH, katherine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005c01c3990f$8dd7b8b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to create a graph. I need to know how to swap > the y and x axis around so that the graph sits the other > way. > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >...

Protection of Pivot charts
Is it possible to protect a pivot table and it's chart so that limited access is granted? I'd like to allow the user to use the X & Y axis as well as the legend & worksheets to un/check the checkboxes but not move or add to it manually. Difficult to explain this maybe. Example. Using a 14 worksheets with data manually added and using the combo vlookup, also a dedicated worksheet for all that manual data entered that is the source for the pivot table/chart. If I want users to un/check worksheet 14 on the chart, they will be able to un/check that box or select ALL (14 wo...

Charting Equations #2
I have Office 2000 and am wondering if it is possible to chart an equation (i.e. x=2y+1). I know I can create charts if I supply datapoints or use equations to find datapoints, but I want to simply write an equation, and have the results charted on an X-Y plane. Much like the old plotting calculator... Are their any imports or programs out their that integrate with Excel? Thanks for your help. Check these two web sites: Stephen Bullen's Chart Formula technique http://bmsltd.ie Tushar Mehta's PLOT Manager http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

Excel Chart to GIF Format
What is the best way to convert an Excel chart to a format I can display on a web page. I will need to make the chart smaller too. I assume *.gif is the format I want the converted to. I tried this, but quality not very good. Thank you Select the Chart, Copy the chart, Open Microsoft Office Picture Manager, select Edit then Paste, the Chart should appear as "new Picture", select it then pick File, Export, and then Pick the type of file format. JPG would probably be the one desired. pestocat wrote: > What is the best way to convert an Excel chart to a format I can displa...

How do I add another cycle to a logarithmic chart?
How do I add another cycle to a logarithmic chart? Right click on the axis, choose Format, and change the axis scale limits. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Gato" <Gato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297C626A-A34F-49DB-84AB-7FA4EC6E7D5C@microsoft.com... > How do I add another cycle to a logarithmic chart? ...

Fill colour on charts between 2 values
We have a requrement for a line chart that shows a maximum, minimum and average value plotted across a period of time. For this particular chart we need to fill the area between the maximum and minumum values with a solid colour to help the variation between the two to really stand out. In other words, there would be a thick band of colour across the chart showing the variance between the maximum and minimum. The average will stay as a normal line, but the difference between the max and min definitely needs to be defined by colour. I've looked at all the different chart types and search...

Creating an age or service spread chart
I have an XL2003 spreadsheet containing employee names, departments and dates of birth. I would like to set up charts showing (a) how many people are in each department and (b) how many people are of each age. -- Dave B You could set up a separate table to get the info. List the departments and use an indirect sumproduct formula such as =SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*1) or =SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*ChecksD) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dave Bradshaw" <DaveBradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A90CCA2A-DFEE-449A-9316-E0049...

Chart not visible -suspect scale setting?
All of a suddend when I create a chart the chart area is empty. If I change the type to 3d , I will get a small 3d chart on the middle left of the chart area. I suspect the default scale has changed somehow. can anyone help please? -- ...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...

How to pie chart with 2 values and one exploded for definition?
I am trying to create a very basic pie chart (2 values) that explodes/defines one of the values in the smaller "outset" pie... Excel keeps adding a third duplicate value... WHY? Jeff - Make a regular pie chart (not a pie of pie), click on the pie, then on the wedge you want to separate, then drag this wedge away from the center. Or refer to one of these articles for more information: Pie of Pie Charts http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 Pie Charts http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=390 - Jon ------- Jon Pe...