chart/worksheet/macro interaction

I am running a macro which simulates an engineering application. Th
macro essentially time steps, sending the data at each time step to
worksheet, and a chart is set up to display the data in graphica
form.

Problem - although the worksheet is updated at each time step, th
chart only updates when the maacro has finished executing - and I wan
to see the data being graphed as the simulation proceeds - is ther
anyway of the macro asking EXCEL if it has finished updating a grap
before proceeding to the next calculation? (At the moment the only wa
I can do this is to put a STOP in the code loop.)

Thanks in advance

nc1000

--
nc1000
nc10001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2575

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

nc,

Put a DoEvents statement in your code after you've updated the cells.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"nc10001" <nc10001.1t19aa_1122811501.03@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:nc10001.1t19aa_1122811501.03@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I am running a macro which simulates an engineering application. The
> macro essentially time steps, sending the data at each time step to a
> worksheet, and a chart is set up to display the data in graphical
> form.
>
> Problem - although the worksheet is updated at each time step, the
> chart only updates when the maacro has finished executing - and I want
> to see the data being graphed as the simulation proceeds - is there
> anyway of the macro asking EXCEL if it has finished updating a graph
> before proceeding to the next calculation? (At the moment the only way
> I can do this is to put a STOP in the code loop.)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> nc10001
>

> --
> nc10001
> nc10001's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25750
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391615

0
someone798 (944)

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

Delete Chart Event
Hi All Is it possible to detect an event when a chart is being deleted in vba? Thanks a million Kike Hi, There is no delete event. But you could try this. The Deactive event is fired when you delete a chart sheet. Trouble is the chart is still there when you are in the event so you can not tell the difference between deactivate or delete. So you use a routine to issue a OnTime call to another routine. Store a reference to the chart sheet in a module level variable. The when the ontime routine runs, about a sec or 2 later, you can check the object. If deleted it will result in an erro...

A macro code to print multiple sheets in different w.books
Hi, i know i am not supposed to post the question twice, but could not get e reply on that forum. Sorry in advance. below is my question: Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local wbook sheets along with the several sheets in other workbooks? I was able to record a macro to print worksheets in the local workbook, but how do i make the same macro to print the worksheets in three more different workbooks with multiple worksheets in them? Thanks in advance? Have you tried recording a macro where you open the other books and print the appropriate sh...

need to combine two charts
I have rainfall charts in seperate worksheets 2005;2006 etc in data format by month and amount with totals for each month. I would like to have one chart (additional) where the information from the two or more chart sheets is combined with a chart showing the monthly amounts for each year by month bar. Hope this is clear enough. Phill pcostello@aopa.com.au ...

Locking Chart in Place
Is there a way to lock a chart in place so that it cannot be dragged from its current location? ...

Report charts
When I run reports in CRM the charts don't appear. Any ideas? Hey Slim, Ok this is a weird one, havent seen this before :c). For starters lets check something: 1. Try setting the CRM server resolution to 1024X768. 2. Restart all the crystal services. Let me know if htis resolves the issue and also if it does not. Will see what more i can dig for you on this. Jibran "Slim" wrote: > When I run reports in CRM the charts don't appear. Any ideas? ...

2 worksheets--3 questions
Hello! I have a workbook that tracks patients (mothers) and contacts (mom's family members). The mother worksheet is named MAT_INF and the contacts one is named CONTACTS. 1. In MAT_INF, I have a field named CASE_NUMBER. How can I tell this field to automatically start out with a value like "2009-"? An example case number would look like 2009-001 or 2010-099. 2. Once CASE_NUMBER, LAST_NAME_MOM and FIRST_NAME_MOM have been populated by the user in MAT_INF, how can I automate adding those values to the CONTACT sheet, where the corresponding fields are named CASE_N...

To Norman or Alan Macro About Macros protected Sheets
Hi, Paul again, Sorry but I have a last question. When I type at the end of the Macro code: Sheets("Critical Path"),protect("My Password") What else do I need to type to enable the Auto filter & the Data Sort Thanks Paul. Your post is separated from the original thread. Are you using xl2002+? If yes, I got this line when I recorded a macro protecting a sheet, but allowing autofilter and sort: ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _ AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True So... worksheets("cri...

How do I show excel worksheets on a webpage when viewed by win98 .
I have made a webpage with an imbedded excel worksheet. It views and functions great from machines running XP, but on the Win98SE machines, it (the excel worksheet) doesn't show. ...

store formula in macro then paste it when macro runs
I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns, deleting rows, etc - also I need to add some formulas to the file so that the data is formatted according to my specifications and to be used in another model. The formula is to be pasted on cell B3 ... and the formula is =RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3). Thanks Is this what you need? Sub PasteFormula() Range("B3").Formula = "=RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3)" End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "Nina" wrote: > I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns...

macro #47
Hi can anyone help me with my problem? Thanks in advance! I had receive a compile data from one of my vendors and there is one adjustment i need to make in order to alight with correct heading column. The macro i had try to create doesn't really works. Cause it works only on one selected rows. Range("A752:H752").Select Selection.Cut Range("B752").Select ActiveSheet.Paste I need to amend about twenty thousand of selected rows in order to work on the data. Thx & regards William Consider inserting a column rather than shifting cells. -- Gary'...

charts #18
I am trying to have the data on the y-axis appear exactly as it does in my source. I would like it to say 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM, 3:00 AM, etc. It keeps appearing with random numbers (12:57AM, 1:24 AM, 3:17 AM. How can I change this? Diane: Take a look at your Y Axis Format Axis menu. Go to Scale tab. What is your major interval? Excel treats time as a fraction of a day, so 1 hour is actually (1/24), 3 hours is (3/24), etc. To get your intervals to show in 1, 2 or 3 hour increments, calculate the decimal equivalent for the hourly interval you want. For 2 hours, it would be (2/24 = 0.083333...

copy cell from one sheet of worksheet to another sheet
This probably has a simple solution, but I can't find it. I have multiple sheets I'm working with. I want to take the sum of a column in one sheet and post the total both at the bottom on that page as well as my main page. Thanx for any help! Imagine your total is in cell D20 of a sheet called "Data" - its formula will besomething like: =SUM(D1:D19) In your "Summary" sheet, you will need the formula: =Data!D20 Hope this helps. Pete ...

Two Open-High-Low-Close series in a single Chart
I am trying to do some (what seems to me as) advanced charting in Excel. I need to have two series of Open-High-Low-Close charts, within a single chart (side-by-side in pairs). So far as I can tell, this doesnt appear to be possible in Excel. I can get two series of Stacked-Bar charts to appear as I want, but then they dont show the negative values as I want (like the OHLC charts do). I have an example workbook that would probably make it pretty clear what I am trying to achieve. TJ - Do the stacked parts have to span an axis? You could try the technique on my web page to accomplis...

first time linking worksheets need some info and help
I'm trying to link 4 cells with dates in them to be inputted into the second sheet for calculation. BUT the info is in a cycle. So basically I need it to link and stay. But when I do the next cycle, I need the info to change. I do have a column that is counting the cycles. So can I make it so it'll link the info until the cycle number changes? (a Formula???) if so how do i put a link and formula together. Also if this is figured out,can you possibly link a cell to two different worksheets within a workbook? Thank You Bryan Bloom Hi, Can you give an example as to what you are...

Converting pounds and ounces in worksheet for a recipe
I have a homework assignment for my cooking class and am trying to enter the information in a spreadsheet to convert to different size recipes and can't remember how to set it up to convert. Like if I have one recipe that says it is for 1 quart and you need 1lb 4 oz convert to a recipe that is 3 1/4 pints what is needed for the new recipe??? On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:38:01 -0800, Mary Jayne <Mary Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a homework assignment for my cooking class and am trying to enter the >information in a spreadsheet to convert to differen...

Forms & Worksheets
I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is this possible Charlene, Setup you data in ordered columns, with headings in row 1, then menu Data>Form. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charlene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A03DD4-85DB-4F80-B94A-C568FB95531E@microsoft.com... > I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is th...

Compare entries in 2 worksheets and list what does not match
Good Day All; I have 2 Excell works sheets with approx 14000 rows each. What I would like to do is compare both lists and get a 3rd list that shows what entries do not match. Is there a simple way to do ythis in Excel Thanks All Chomp Assuming A1 should equal A1 in the other sheet... =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",Sheet!A1&" does not match "&Sheet2!A1) Auto-Filter for non-blanks. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "The Chomp" wrote: > Good Day All; > > I have 2 ...

Excel Charts #25
Hi, I use the chart function mainly to plot math graphs. Is there a way of getting the Y axis to cross the x axis at an x value rather than a catagory number? Use an XY chart instead of a line chart. Especially for mathematical charts. An XY chart treats both X and Y as continuously variable values, while a line chart treats the X values as non-numeric labels. You can format the data points in either type of chart the same way, with or without markers, with or without lines. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/...

Help
I have a monthly process where I bring a range of cells into a spreadsheet (copy-paste) and I need the information to be numbers but it is created (out of my control) as text such as... '1.23 '1.24 '1.25 and so on for about a hundred rows It is really cumbersome to have to keep pressing F2 to edit, home to get to the ' and then delete and enter to remove the ' mark and convert the text to a number I used the Macro recorder (with relative value set) but it picks up the absolute value of the first cell and then when I run the macro it puts that value into each cell What I...

Excel Worksheet transfer of Data
I need to transfer data from one worksheet to several others, any ideas how I can do this? Gratefully accepted -- MaggieB Can you be more specific? One way is to select the data to be placed in the other sheet(s) and use a simple copy and paste. Another way is by setting a link/reference in the other sheets back to the original data. Example: You want the information in cell A1 on Sheet1 to appear in other sheets. In those other sheets, enter the formula: ='Sheet1'!A1 and it will appear there. Excel will even help you do it properly: Go to the sheet where you need a copy ...

Chart appears different on 2 different machines
Both machines are running the same version of Excel. Yet, when I view it on my machine, everything appears fine. When I go to another machine, the "Y" axis is cutting off letters. I thought it was a print-driver issue but it's not. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've also checked settings under options and everything is set the same. Is the problem on-screen, when you print, or both? If on-screen, what are the screen resolutions set to on the two computers? Jerry Sharon Hall wrote: > Both machines are run...

Split legend in a pie chart
Hello, How do I split the legend key, in a pie chart. There are 17 items which has text. Thanks Click on the legend, and you'll see a black square (handle) in each corner, and one in the middle of each side. Point to one of the corner handles, and drag up and out, to make the legend shorter and wider. This will adjust the size of the legend, and the placement of the legend text. Sophia wrote: > How do I split the legend key, in a pie chart. There are > 17 items which has text. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html In ...

No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart
I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets. I normally copy and paste a chart and simply change the source data. I keep getting this error when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook" and it won't paste. Is there anything I can do to fix this? This page explains how you can put off that error until you have many more charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html The problem is that a chart with autoscaling fonts uses twice the font resources on a chart with static font sizes. (Also I suspect the limitations a...

How do I change the order of the data in a pie chart
How do I change the order of the data in a pie chart - excel 2003? The help I have found says to select format data series and then select series order but there is not a series order tab in excel 2003 Change the order of the data in the worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "carincamille" <carincamille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46AA882-D219-43A3-8BB9-DA88C24DCB5E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the order of the data in a pie chart - excel 2003? The > help ...