Chart with three SeriesCollections

Greetings!

At me such question: I have constructed a chart with thre
SeriesCollections, but it shows strange - that is values1 = values
values1 and values2 = values + values1 + values2.
Categories are the same.

How to show it in a normal kind

--
docd
docdz's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m35

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

drop menu for charts
1. Create a summary table of BOH by reset date with total inventory (BOH) by week with a count of stores on each date and totals at the bottom 2. Format data cells BLUE if Value is greater than 73,000. Use formatting to do this, don't hunt, find and color. 3. On a separate sheet, create a tool with a drop down box to select a given reset week and populate a small table with just the data for the selected week. 4. Graph the data for the selected week. I have 1 & 2 but not sure how to complete 3 & 4. 3) Under View - Toolbars, select the Forms toolbar. Now create a com...

Excel 2007 Beta 2: Chart Title Centering Suggestion
The title of the chart is initially centered when a chart is automatically created. When additional information is added to the title, Excel fails to center the whole title based on the newly inputted text. Can we fix this please? Or at least give the option for Excel to do this? Thank you, Dzuy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Control Limit and 3-D chart
I need to add a line to a 3-D column chart. The line would represent the upper limit. I am using Excel 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi, Not possible using 3d charts. See here for examples using 2d chart types. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Cardinalgal wrote: > I need to add a line to a 3-D column chart. The line would represent the > upper limit. I am using Excel 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks ...

Multiple Plot areas in one chart area
I have a multiple line chart that uses both vertical axises where the range changes regularly for each series. I set both axises to the desired setting so that one line (the one that used the left axis) is always on top of the other (right axis). But as soon as I change the source data, the lines go back to overlapping. Is there a way to have one line chart always be on top of the other so that they aren't touching regardless of ranges? I thought of having multiple plot areas within one chart but i didn't see any options for that. thanks in advance. Zac - You could use a macro t...

XY Charts
On my Excel sheet I have the following: 1 st br pa 2 23.5 3 25.3 4 25.5 25 24 5 26.1 6 28.5 On one chart, would like to see points and lines as follows with the x axis 1-6 and y axis from 23 to 30 and for "st" a line from 25.3 to 25.5 to 28.5: for "br" 23.5 to 25 and for "pa" 24 to 26.1. This is a sample of height measurements for three grandsons taken a various time but not equivalent in age (above in months). When I select an XY scatter chart I get restricted to ...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

Chart Macro
Is there a way to record a macro when creating a chart and use the value of A1 as the chart title and the value of A2 as the name of the chart. Right now, when I look in the VBA editor the macro has recorded the name as "chart 11" or something like that. I've tried to use ActiveChart.Name = "James" as the name of the chart, but I keep getting an error. Can anyone please help me? Thanks James -- James, Add this code to a standard module. Select the chart and then run the macro (note: assumes you are referring to an embedded chart on Sheet1 of your workbook). S...

Insert text in Chart object
Hi, How do I insert text labels within Chart objects ? Thanks.. Regards, Adrian Hi, Manually: select chart ad simply type some text. When you it enter a textbox will be added. VBA: Sub y() Dim objX As Shape Set objX = ActiveChart.Shapes. _ AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 1, 1, 70, 15) objX.TextFrame.Characters.Text = "Hello World" End Sub Cheers Adrian wrote: > Hi, > > How do I insert text labels within Chart objects ? Thanks.. > > Regards, > Adrian > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.in...

Access and Excel Charts...
My preference is to automate Access data to Excel and use an Excel Chart instead of using an Access Chart. But...I'm willing to see if I might be incorrect. Thoughts on this please. TIA - Bob A very wise Access user once made this very insightful comment to me: "The software that creates charts in Access and Excel is identical, but the wizard in Access is dumb as a sack of bricks". I have been using Access for over 10 years, through 4 different versions and if I need a report with a chart, I export to Excel. "Bob Barnes" wrote: > My preference is to automate ...

Legend Overlaps Chart in Excel 2007
I converted one of my old Excel 2003 sheets to an Excel 2007 workbook. Some of the charts in the converted workbook don't seem to be working properly now though... The main problem is when I go into the "Format Legend" menu and choose for the legend to be on the Right, it overlaps the plot data area. Even if I choose "Show the legend without overlapping the chart", nothing happens. Is this a bug, or do I just have some formatting messed up? Any idea on how I can get the size of the plot data section to auto-update based on the size of the legend, similar to h...

Truncated X Axis Labels in Line Chart
I have a worksheet made up of 12 sheets of charts and 2 sheets of data. 6 of the charts read data from sheet 1. 6 of the charts read data from sheet 2. For some reason, all the charts related to sheet 1 display the complete x axis label eg. 2x12, 2x24, 2x32 etc. All the charts related to sheet 2 truncate the label. For example: 2x12 displays as 2x1 2x24 displays as 2x2 2x32 displays as 2x3 I have checked my formats and they are the same between the two data sheets. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? Thanks Would smaller font help? I've had truncated labels when I have ...

Create a new chart for every change of values in a combobox
I've got a bar chart that takes values from cells A1:B5 In C1 and in D1 I've got two combobox (created with data validation method), each one allows me to choose 4 different parameters. By changing these values, the values in A1:B5 and the chart changes too. Now, for every change of data in C1 and/or D1 I copy & paste the chart to another sheet; in this situation I've got only ONE chart Is there a way to obtain a *new* chart every time I change parameter in C1 and D1, so that I can avoid to do the copy & paste the single chart manually (that is too much time-expensive) an...

detecting changes to series of charts
Is there any event that gets fired on the changing of the series behind charts? I am aware of the SeriesChange property (ChartEvents_SeriesChangeEventHandler) but it does not fire when you add/remove/make any change in the 'source data' dialog box. Am I just going to have to do without or is there a sneaky way around this? ...

Setting Wall Color in 3-D charts
When setting the wall color in a 3-D chart I have encountered a problem with the side wall and floor. They appear to have a embedded shawdow set. Is there anyway to remove the shadow so the walls and floor will all reflect the same color as Excel 2003 allowed? I don't believe you can change the side wall and floor colors. Would you consider changing to a regular column chart instead? A normal column chart might work better because it's generally thought that 3-D effects can misrepresent the visual interpretation of the underlying data. -- John Mansfield http://www.cellmat...

Pivot Chart won't refresh in Excel 2007
In Excel 2007.....Don't know if this is a bug or if I'm not doing something on my end, but..... I have a pivot table from which I've created a pivot chart. When I filter the pivot table, the chart updates beautifully. When I try to filter again - back to the full data set, by selecting "(Select All)" in the filter list, the chart does NOT update/refresh. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Problem drawing lines on charts
I am running Excel 2003, SP1 on a Windows XP computer. I have recently started having problems drawing lines on charts using the drawing tool. I used to be able to draw a line on a chart and it would print out in that location. Now if I put a line on a chart, it prints about 1/4" above where I want it to go. I have to then move the line to a lower location to match the print preview to get it to print out correctly. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, is there a setting or solution. I've tried letting Excel create the chart, putting in the line and then previe...

Two Axis Column Chart
This should be an easy one but a user at worked stumped me today in Excel with a Chart Question He has a very basic column chart but with two distinct data series where he wants one series on the primary y axis and the other on the secondary y axis. However he doesn't want the columns to be stacked but separated just like a normal one axis column chart Everything I have tried has stacked the columns Thanks for the help. Jon Peltier has instructions for this on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/format.html#Col2Axes UPCPA wrote: > This should be an e...

Two Data Sets: Stacked Column Chart
How do I show two years side-by-side in a stacked column chart? I want to compare two "stacked" columns each month (one for each year). I can create one showing each month for ONE year but I want to add another year in another stacked column for each month. Can this be done? Yes, it can be done. It just takes some careful arrangement of data. See Jon Peltier's excellent site on charting: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ (depending on your browser, you may need to scroll down a bit to get to beginning of article) -- Best Regards, Luke ...

create a chart using two columns for x & y, third for line data
Need help creating a chart using x data for x axis, y for y axis and z for line data. The data follows: x y z 6.070 1.470 0.242 9.010 2.058 0.228 10.970 2.380 0.230 11.950 2.580 0.216 A example chart: | z | z x| z | z |___________________ Y TIA Ted What do you mean, "line data"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ted K wrote: > Need help creating a chart using x data for x axis, y for y axis a...

Pert Chart
Where can I find a step by step instruction to creating a Pert Chart in MS Project? If you mean what I think you mean, there are only two mouse clicks required: Menu: View/Network Diagram See Project's Help for more information. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 22/02/10 18:50, Tina wrote: > Where can I find a step by step instruction to creating a Pert Chart in MS > Project? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010A_01CAB3F2.B580B8D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted...

Bubble Charts #5
Hi, I have created a bubble chart in excel. I would like the individual bubbles to have different colours and also for them to have labels that are different to the data used to size them (ie they are sized on size of customer, however, I would like the name of the customer to show next to the bubble) If you have a single series, you can double click on it and on the Options tab, choose Vary Colors by Point. Otherwise, you can select individual points (single click to select the series, another single click to select the point, then double click to format each with a different colo...

I accidentally turned my spreadsheet into a chart!!
Please help.. I somehow turned my spreadsheet into a chart and HAVE NO IDEA to reverse it back. I really do not want to recreate another one since I've been working on it all morning. Please please help. Thanks!!! Hi, Did you perhaps just insert a chart sheet based on your worksheet data? Pressing F11 will create a chart sheet. Have you checked the worksheet tabs for your data sheet? Cheers Andy Kat wrote: > Please help.. I somehow turned my spreadsheet into a chart and HAVE NO IDEA > to reverse it back. I really do not want to recreate another one since I've > b...

charts in Reports 04-24-10
access 2007, in design view of a report i added a chart, but it isnt able to cope with the amount of data so throws up a few errors then the chart is blank, so i managed to create a pivot chart and added the form to my report, this seems to work much better except in print preview, the pivot chart in the report shows boxes with drop filter fields here etc and horrible gray boxes for date and sums. can these pivot charts be altered to look better?? i managed to find the solution i was looking for not long after raising this post, i needed to edit the show/hide properties for the p...

chart #4
All, With VBA I'm making a chart sheet. This chart sheet is than viewed by the user. I have protected this sheet, so he can make no changes. I have also set some settings for the graph options: Application.ShowChartTipNames = False Application.ShowChartTipValues = False Now I notice that you can still select the different parts of the graph. Is it possible to switch this off? I also would like to add a button on this chart sheet. I tried this with: ActiveSheet.Buttons.Add(869189.25, 125211.75, 395520.75, 289965).Select ActiveChart.Shapes("Button 1").Select ...

MAcro to print single charts
Hello I have a workbook with about 45 charts in it. I have set up a menu so that users can select the chart they want to view by clicking on a hyperlink that takes them to the location within the worksheet where the chart is located. At the bottom of each chart I have two macro buttons: one to return the user back to the menu, and one to print all charts in the worksheet. What I want to be able to do is add a third macro button which will allow the user to print only the chart they're currently viewing on the screen. Is there a way to do this without creating 45 separate macros (o...