Chart - Title Widths

Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Automatic Charts in Excel
Hello !!! I have an external program that generates data files in CSV format Column A contains my data and Column E contain time of day values i 24hr:min:sec format (22:12:30) The CSV gets updated every 10 second and no 2 rows have the same time value. After the CSV is closed I nee to do the following... Open a worksheet (excel 2000) with a macro already loaded. Run the macro which prompts the user to load a CSV file. Search column E for the time value 22:00:00 If not found then select E1 Search column E for the time value 04:00:00 If not found select the last cell in column E Create a range...

Minimum width of UserForm
Is there away to get pass the "Minimum width of UserForm" in VBA VBA UserFroms are usually dialog boxes. They cannot be resized by users. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by setting the minimum width of a UserForm? - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html <Norm@aol.com> wrote in message news:10e0o5lc2alolut4vjtbd6hkrr8u2o095f@4ax.com... > Is there away to get pass the "Minimum width of UserForm" in VBA Is this placed correctly in the Powerpoint ...

Charts with unequal scales
I need to produce a chart which has a scale of equally spaced lines on the y axis. But the values (real values) of those lines are not uniform. For example, the scale reads 10,25,32,37,41,45,50 but they are all equally spaced visually on the chart. I then need to plot historic values (say for 3 years) against that scale - effectively plotting an interpolated point between them. How can Excel do this? Many thanks in advance. Are you making a Line chart when an XY chart is called for? Bernard "Djembe" <djembe_kan@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:515adca5.0309301013.6720b71...

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

custom charting
I would like to make a stacking chart with one customized feature: We have three categories and would like to have category 1 have its own bar and have categories 2 and 3 stacked on each other, next to category 1. There are seven values (2004-2010) for each category, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help!!!!! mel If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. For example, with four departments over two years: 2004 2005 CatA 100 120 CatB 50 60 CatC 90 100 Bernard Liengme has an example a...

Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts
I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted. Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops (the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen). When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any warning. Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?) I have...

Changing the MSCRM 3.0 title
Is there anyway to change the title "Microsoft CRM 3.0" in the CRM system? My boss is interested in branding this application with our company name, rather than the Microsoft name. Thanks in advance! -Erik It looks like the text is stored in resource files, making it (almost) impossible to change. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm ---------------------------------------------------------- <ealmquist@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1149799652.442526.218110@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there anyway to change the title "Microsoft CRM 3.0"...

Excluding data points in a chart
Is there some way to specify conditions under which data points should be excluded in a chart? In particular, I have two columns for which I want to create a scatter plot. However, some of the rows are missing data for one or the other column. Is there a simple way to tell Excel to ignore such rows? Jim Hi Jim, 1) With the chart selected, use Tools|Options and open the Chart tab; specify what is to happen with missing values OR 2) Where data is missing enter =NA() -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "JM" <anonymous@discussions....

help choosing a chart format.
In my last job, we had a waterfall plot that would show time on the X axis, frequency on the y axes and the marker would change color according to magnitude of the signal. is there a good chart that will perform this type of plot? It is kind of like an XY scatter plot with a variable color. see peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fugazi48" <fugazi48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6088FA-C207-4CB2-A103-02CD9549D7E5@microsoft.com... > In my last job, we ...

pie chart areas reflect magnitude
I want to show several pie charts all on the same scale. Example: chart 1 values total to 10, chart 2 values total to 100. So chart 1 is scaled so its area=10, and chart 2 is scaled beside it so its area=100. That would show not only the values of the parts in each pie chart, but the comparison in magnitude between charts 1 and 2. In this example, chart 2 is a much greater value, and therefore bigger pie chart. How can I do that? I tried it with bar charts, could not find what I wanted there, either. At best this will produce a set of cartoons which is semi-qualitative and non-qu...

Shaded Area in Lieu of Excel Charts
I have a workbook with six worksheets in 3 pairs. Each pair contains a 'detailed data' worksheet and a 'summary' worksheet. The summary worksheet summarizes data from the detailed data. The summary worksheet also has a chart based on the data summary. The problem is that the Excel charts do not display unless I click on the shaded area where the charts should appear. Once the chart is visible, if I click outside the area, the chart disappears and is replaced by a shaded area. I started experiencing this problem when I shared the workbook with my colleagues. Now I do no...

plotting charts #2
I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same worksheet. The amount of items may vary in the chart so i need to be able to plot just the cells with information in them instead of having a huge graph that is plotting all the cells. The format of my worksheet does not change. Hi, See here for details on dynamic ranges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html Cheers Andy enyaw wrote: > I have a chart in a worksheet and it pulls it information from the same > worksheet. The a...

BUG in Excel 2007
To duplicate this bug, create a chart with two lines with an x-axis that contains consecutive dates. Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it. IMPORTANT: Then, change the plot chart to plot using the primary axis. Finally, save and reopen the file. The data labels disappear and you cannot re-add them. Hello Blake, I would love to investigate this but I need more info. Please define "plot chart" When you say "Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it" do you mean add a series to the existing...

Drill down on Bat Charts
I have a bar chart that I want to be able to drill down on. I want t click the actual bar and go to a summary data panel of the data tha was used to create the bar, or even better, add a macro so that I ca pop-up detailed data. I know I can can draw a rectangle over the bar and add a Hyperlink, bu the problem there is that the bar size is totally variable. Any ideas folks? :confused: Marti -- fernm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fernmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1602 View this thread: http://www....

Chart PageSetup Size Speed VBA
Hi folks, I am completing an Excel VBA project that creates custom chart sizes from a Library of existing pre-formatted charts by using the Move or Copy Sheet method from the Library file to the current "datafile" (two separate files. No problems so far. I am sizing for PPT and various sizes for Word. Two word sizes require me to reset the Margins to make the page big enough for me to fit a ChartArea on it at the correct size (measured in Points that are translated from Inches). This all works but the following function for re-sizing slows me down in the following code Public F...

EXCEL chart legend formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I've got it working in the excel data cells, but the formattin doesn't transfer to the legend and I can't directly change the legend text. I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks! tauntonuse wrote: EXCEL chart legend formatting 28-Oct-09 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Can anyone tell me how to get superscript/subscript formatting to show in a chart legend? I h...

Exporting an Excel Chart into Access
Hi, Does anyone know how to basically do as the title of this post says: Export an Excel Chart into a report and/or form on Access? I know I will be pushing my luck here, but if anyone also knows if it is possible to produce a graph from a query in Access - please let me know! Thanks, T8RSP -- T8RSP ------------------------------------------------------------------------ T8RSP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517792 ...

Reduce chart white space
When I create a pie chart, a terrible amount of white space exists around the pie. When I insert it into PowerPoint, it takes up way too much room. I can increase the size of the pie, but that still leaves a tremendous amount of white space on the left and right sides. Any ideas? Thanks, Vinod Crop the object in PowerPoint ... After you paste, Format Picture / Picture Tab allows you to crop the item. >-----Original Message----- >When I create a pie chart, a terrible amount of white space exists >around the pie. When I insert it into PowerPoint, it takes up way too >much ro...

Loosing Chart colour in preview
Hi, Am having difficulties printing particular charts in colour. Initially when copying a chart and pasting it in word, although the preview came up in colour, some charts wouldn't print in colour whilst others would. I then changed all the backgroud/fill effects within word and was able to print most charts in colour - but there are a couple which I can't. Now - i have just created a new chart in excel and used the same fill effects (I saved a new colour in the pallette and am using that) as all the others - but even in excel the preview comes up in B&W. Have been playing aro...

Pie Chart Question
Hi, I am tring to make a pie chart that needs to include 2 pieces of information for one series. I have two columns of information (number and value) that relate to one person. There are 5 people all together. How do I do this? Technically possible, you might create a bar-pie chart or a pie-of-pie chart. IMO, this would be a TERRIBLE idea. Pie charts should be forgotten, IMO, because they often distort data and make it very hard to actually read the data. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/whats-worse-than-a-pie-chart/ My recommendation would be to make a clustered chart, a ...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

In Excel 2007 chart with multiple lines, mouse doesn't track lines
If I open an Excel 2003 x-y scatter line chart with multiple (x,y) line graphs (or open a graph that was saved under Excel 2007), and I move the mouse over the various lines (some of them may be close to each other) then there is an x 'offset' in the location of the mouse and when Excel recognizes a line graph and displayes the line title with a little message underneath the mouse cursor. Another way to explain thsi behaviour is if you try to click at a particular line graph, it may not select it, it may select a different line graph that is located left to where the mouse is. ...

Using a named range in a chart
Can a named range be used in a chart for one of the series? I have tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. For instance, i have a name _Date_rng defined (using Insert...Name...Define) as "data!$A$2:$A$60". In a chart (XY scatterplot), for one series, i define the X values as _Date_rng. Excel formats this as ={"_Date_rng"}. However, the chart is now blank, it draws with the axes, but no data is plotted. But, when i put the range directly in the chart "Source Data...Series" tab as "data!$A$2:$A$60", it plots the data correctly. So, is it po...

Chart Displays in reverse order
Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from the most current in in row 8 to the oldest data in row 71. My chart however displays all the data in reverse order including the chart labels. If I reverse the lables it does not change the data displaying in reverse. Any thoughts? ok I had to change both axis to reverse... sorry! "John" wrote: > Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at > 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from t...

How do I conditionally format a chart?
Is it possible to conditionally format a chart so that the colors go red when the number plotted is negative and the colors are green when the number is positive? I know you can do it manually, but I would prefer to have it happen automatically. Thanks! (I am working with Excel 2000 at work) try here:- http://www.andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B8461DB-A41D-490C-BDF4-374B319F1F3E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to conditionally format a chart so that the colors go red > when &g...