Chart labels do not print in 2003

My spread has several sheets and two of these have eight graphs on each
- all sized to fit on one A4 page per sheet.

Since i have upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000, some chart titles no
longer print. I have upgraded my printer drivers and also tried this on
other Excel 2003 machines, and they have the same problem.

However, if i go back to an Excel 2000 machine it prints fine.

The report is distributed to users of both versions.
Any ideas how to fix this?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't really have a guess.

Have you tried it on different printers (if you have them available)?

If you create a small test workbook with just one graph, does that work ok?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

How do I name categories of a pie chart
I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. HELP!! Right click within the chart, select "Format Data Series..." Go to "Data Labels" tab. Select "Series Name" or "Category Name" "RGC" wrote: > I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names > of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. > HELP!! ...

I see that Publisher 97 can be upgraded to 2003; what about 98?
I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is that right? Publisher 98 qualifies... http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gigi" <Gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2DD01C-2139-4D96-9821-7D3E41D553D5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says > that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is...

Outlook 2003 Notification
I have several e-mail addresses. I have a subfolder in Inbox for each e-mail address. I get notification when e-mail arrives in the Inbox. I do not get notification when e-mail arrives in one of the subfolders in Inbox. How can I get notification when e-mail arrives in the subfolders? ...

Outlook 2003 and Yahoo Mail Download
1 Message on Yahoo Server (Forced Migration by AT&T to Yahoo Mail). Setup deletes messages on server after download. Download into Outlook 2003 SP3. Same message appears in my inbox 2 to 8 times. Same date, time, content, message header. After download, message on server is gone. Mostly with Yahoo groups but also from private individuals. Duplicate emails vary from 2 to 8. OS XP Pro SP3 - Outlook 2003 SP3. One primary mail account (originally with Bellsouth - still uses Bellsouth address) one sub-account (same as primary). Different usernames. Both configured to download fro...

MS Access 2003 and Outlook 2003/Website
I'm working with someone developing a website for our company, and had some questions. I've read alot of resources and articles on how to integraste these thigns, but can't seem to get to the right spot. What we want to do, is have a webpage, that a customer can access, fill out a small form for RMA requests, then either email that to a specific email address which would be filtered to a folde rin outlook, and then have the Access database look in that folder for new emails and add that info in to the db. I have that part partially figured out, but another option we were ...

Printing #24
I have set up a four page Excel document (A4) to print on both sides of A3. To print I have set up a macro but each time I opperate the macro I have to reset: Properties back to 2 pages per sheet and Advanced setting for Duplex. I am on a networked Sharp -AR C150 printer. Can I script it? Thanks mald yes. do the whole process on record macro. page setup, print ect then review code. you will see you have a lot of options. >-----Original Message----- >I have set up a four page Excel document (A4) to print on both sides of A3. >To print I have set up a macro but each time I ...

IE8 printing problem
Using IE8 Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3 When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are displayed. http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcds/rpt_tcls.aspx?req=0003294 records 14, 19, 24, 29, 34, 39, etc. are skipped. This is not a problem with IE7 or Firefox. Any ideas? Thank you. "Steve" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eDVrqiEzKHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using IE8 > Windows XP Pro version 5.1 SP3 > > When I print or preview the following report, not all the records are > displayed. > > http://tia.ms2soft.com/tcd...

Question re: Printing Emails to PDF
I have 1,500 emails that I dragged out of Outlook, and into a Windows Explorer folder and very tediously renamed exactly the way I want them named. Now, I need them all converted to PDF. When I select all, right click and choose "Convert to PDF", Adobe dutifully tries to convert them all, but it doesn't read their Windows Explorer file names...it automatically inserts a default file name "Memo style.pdf" in a file save dialog, for each and every email. This obviously won't work...horrors! I'll have to rename them all, yet again! And I certainly ...

completing pre-printed forms online
I would like to create an online form that will be printed on existing pre-printed forms (Purchase Orders). I want to be able to display column headings, but do not want these printed on the form. I also want to use formulas to calculate subtotals for each row and a total at the bottom. I prefer to use Excel, as I am used to the formulas, but if it would be best to use another program, please let me know. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Would this be created as a template? ...

Top margin shifts when viewed in print preview
This happened in Pub 97. Just installed Pub 2003, same thing. An 8.5 x 11 landscape page with margin guides all set at .2 inches (for Minolta 3300), also vertical and horizontal ruler guides and grid guides set at 2 columns and rows spaced at .4 inches. The same graphic is in each quadrant filling the bordered area. (Four postcards with an even border when the page is cut into quarters). Looks great until I view the print preview or print it, then it views and prints with a top margin of 6mm or about .25 inch. I don't think it's my printer properties, as I have printed it ...

Chart with merged rows
Another question for EXCEL gurus ! I have a chart with 56 rows (corresponding to 56 weeks in a year), each of which is composed of merging 7 rows (corresponding to 7 days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged columns ? Selecting these and clicking the chart icon does not produce anything ! X-axis C, Y-axis - D -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A B C D --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13. Aug. Sunday ...

How to print e-mail to another printer in network
We have a small network with several printers, How can I print my email to some other printer other than my default printer? File > Print > choose another printer, if you have added that printer to your printers folder. Is that what you're looking for? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "DK" wrote: > We have a small network with several printers, How can I print my email to > some other printer other than my default printer? Unfortunately some options will still only print to the default printer. ...

Restoring a single mail message with Ex 2003
I am trying to restore a single mail message with Exchange 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 This works for most users ok, but one user so far it failed - he got the following email: " VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00015>." and then the job to restoe the message completed 100% but the email didnt appear in the users...

What settings are needed to print a Publisher two-sided brochure?
I have been trying to print a brochure in Publisher. No matter what settings I use, there is always one side upside-down or the text is flipped, or some other undesirable combination. If there are particular settings that allow my printing to work, please let me know. Thank you very much. Intern <Intern@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have been trying to print a brochure in Publisher. No matter what > settings I use, there is always one side upside-down or the text is > flipped, or some other undesirable combination. If there are > pa...

Printing problem when selecting any paper type other than plain pa
I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700. When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with some color. If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc) when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3 lines after the top border. If I click the printer icon numerous times I do not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper, I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem...

Wrong Default for 'Number of Copies' to print
Help! Every time I open Excel 2000, the printer defaults to 3 copies. There's nothing in the printer driver that allows me to change the number of copies, and in any case, Excel is the one making the 3 copies (the printing dialog runs through 3 times). If I remember to change it back to 1 copy, it works fine. Anyone have a place for me to fix this? Richard Try selecting (from the Start menu) Start, Settings, Printers, right-click the printer in question, select Properties, and check the settings in there. Any settings set here serve as "default" settings whenever you se...

Outlook 2003 rules problem on SBS 2003 server
About a month ago I lost the ability to create any new rules from client PCs running Outlook 2003, where a name from the global address list is being used. All the existing rules with GAL addresses work fine, and I am not getting any error messages, they simply do not work. All the computers are up to date, including the server. All the rules are of this variety: When message arrives from XYZ, file in folder ABC. Where the person who is XYZ is in the global address list. I am running the IMF filter. I did find the foillowing article which outlines my probem, however the solution does no...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

Outlook 2003 #201
Has anyone got a clue on how to get rid of an anoying error message when opening Outlook 2003 that reads: "An extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click the folder that contains the file, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder." I have tried to replace extend.dat, remove it, and rename it. I also have tried to start Outlook in safe mode in the run command. I have used the repair and detect feature in the help m...

Outlook 2003 error when trying to use WordMail
Hi, Outlook 2003 has recently started reporting the following error, when trying to use Word 2003 as the MAil Editor. I have tried all the uslal things including Uninstalling Office, clearing the main registry settings and re installing, but nothing seems to work, does anyone have any idea what is causing this and more importantly how to solve it: "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as outlook. The outlook email word editor will be used instead. an OLE registration error occured. The program is not correctly installed run Setup program again" Gavin,...

Color documents are printing in black and white only. Why?
I've recently upgraded to the newest Publisher version and I hate it. I have been unable to print any document in color...no matter what it looks like on screen, in a print preview, and when I print, it is in greyscale/black and white. Help! Check your settings within the printer setup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bobbyesox" <Bobbyesox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE46E92-EC6D-40F2-8244-FA71F7C4D275@microsoft.com... > I've recently upgraded to the newest Pub...

How do you get rid of white borders that appear when you print?
I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print completely on the page. There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have the printing put the background color. I have tried both to apply the color as a background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to print I have a white border. I have adjusted the page size and the grid size to go to the edges. I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I can adjust the margins. Thanks This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not sure what el...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...