Chart axis custom date format

Dear all!

Excel 2003, charting.

On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis-
number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###,
0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like.

On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is
it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance
if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08
than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date
format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between years 06,
07, 08.
I tried to input dates in the conditions, I googled- can't find the
solution...

I know that it could be possible to achieve this by adding dummy
series and formatting them to show different dates in different
colors, but this is much to complicated for one time job...

Thank you!
0
klemen25 (61)
7/23/2008 6:32:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to select series in chart?

customizing quote merge template

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

chart MAcro to change on activecell

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Multiple stacked bar charts

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

Dates #9

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Input to custom reports