Changing values in a value box

Hi all,
I have a data set that looks like this:

DATE    A$    B$    A%    B%
mar-14  50    100   33    66
mar-21  100   100   50    50
mar-28  75    25    75    25

I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value"
box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel
chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values
don't match the height of the % columns.

Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns?

Thanks.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Josh,

To chart only the percentages, select the Date column, and also the two %
columns (drag through them holding Ctrl).  I've read your statement about
the "value" box several times -- I can't guess what you mean.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

Off-topic:  There's a hilarious comedy act by Men in Coats at
http://www.koreus.com/files/200505/men-in-coats.html.  You gotta see this.
I had to share with all.

"joshsackett" <joshsackett@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a data set that looks like this:
>
> DATE    A$    B$    A%    B%
> mar-14  50    100   33    66
> mar-21  100   100   50    50
> mar-28  75    25    75    25
>
> I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value"
> box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel
> chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values
> don't match the height of the % columns.
>
> Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns?
>
> Thanks.

0
nothanks4548 (968)
6/22/2005 5:17:45 PM
By "value" box I mean: When you go into the chart options you can click
to display the value for each column. That value is then displayed
above the columns.

Delete table values automatically
Hi All, I want to create a routine that will clean all records from a specific table automatically once a week (if possible) or each time that the MDB opens up. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance Hi, the code to empty a table is simple Public Sub EmptyTable() Dim strSQL as String Dim db as DAO.Database Set db = dbengine(0)(0) strSQL = "DELETE FROM TableName" db.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError Set db = Nothing Exit Sub the above code goes in a standard module when your database opens, you call the routine EmptyTable Jeanette Cunningham "Lp12" <Lp12@discussion...

Table Changes
Where is the documentation for the table changes for GP 9 It should be in the help menu. Gerald "Brian" wrote: > Where is the documentation for the table changes for GP 9 > I have yet to install it.. I am trying to make sure that I have everything covered do to the fact we have numerous outside apps that talk to the backend of GP and want to prevent any possible headaches Gerald wrote: > It should be in the help menu. > > Gerald > > "Brian" wrote: > >> Where is the documentation for the table changes for GP 9 >> Brian, What...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Choose highest value in a row
How do I tell excel to choose the highest value in a range of cells? A B C D E Highest 1 3 2 7 5 7 help please. =max(a1:e1) will return the highest value. sohum.shah@gmail.com wrote: > > How do I tell excel to choose the highest value in a range of cells? > > A B C D E Highest > 1 3 2 7 5 7 > > help please. -- Dave Peterson =MAX(A1:E1) returns 7 in your example. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 23 Oct 2006 10:47:09 -0700, sohum.shah@gmail.com wrote: >How do I tell excel to choose the highest valu...

Report generated from text box fields
hello. i have a 3 column report. The 3 products compared on the report are assigned when the report opens and asks the user for the ID.. is there are way to create 3 unbound text fields and have the report compare the IDs of the products listed in the text box.. i have done something similar that searches based on what was entered in a text box, but wasnt sure how to have the report pick up three different text boxes.... this is an example of what i have in another application that opens up a query Like "*" & [forms]![SEARCHMENU]![text37] & "*" -- Message po...

copy value in cell above to cell below for a whole column
I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above to the cell below. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the data into the blank cells. Can anyone help? Ctrl+D will copydown the value of the top cell to the highlighted cells below. "tarthur" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists > the employee name once. There is a way to copy th...

Black box when printing embedded chart to XPS
On a machine with Excel 2007 installed, open WordPad. Insert -> Object. Choose "Microsoft Office Excel Chart". A generic looking chart gets inserted into the document. Print it to a printer, and it prints fine (at least for me). Print it to the XPS printer (or PDF printer) and you get a black box where the chart is supposed to be. This is causing havok on a program I maintain that uses embedded excel charts. I thought it was a problem in my program, but now I've replicated it only using WordPad, Excel 2007, and the Microsoft XPS printer. ...

formulas changing when emailed
At work, I have created a spreadsheet that has links to workbooks in a user drive..called the "U: drive." When I transfer this excel project to others via email, I make sure that the other workbooks also have the same name in their U: drive as well. However, whenever I email it... I have to change many of the formulas at their computers bc the references in my formulas change to a really long string. I have tried using "CNTL+H" to replace the "=" to a "+" but it doesn't work for me bc I have "+" "=" elsewhere in my formulas....

Chart changing based on change in data source (number of rows/colu
As I see, the data range for charting is normally fixed. I have to produce chart based on chaning rows and/or columns in data source table. Has anybody got some suggestion for me? Bal Ram Bhui - For Excel charts in general, I suggest Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/ For dynamic charts, I suggest: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta" <Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0B5564-26B0-4...

How can i change tab control 's background color
I create a class derived from CTabCtrl. If i handle the WM_PAINT message, there're nothing left on the control. Does it mean that I should draw all the things? And the WM_CTLCOLOR doesn't work,too. How can I change the background color simply? ...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

How to change the Volume 1, Issue 1 template
How do i change and work with volume, and issue template in Publisher? everytime i click on it it wont let me change the numbers. does this work by itself? how do i work with this feature? is there a tutorial that discusses this item? You double-click on it and then you can change anything you want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hotmail problems" <hotmailproblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19CDFE4F-E793-417D-AF54-E0EE99382CEC@microsoft.com... > How do i change and work with volume, and issue template in Publisher? > everytim...

Ability to change parent account for National Account children
I have several clients using National Accounts that have a need occasionally to be able to change the parent account for child customers. For one client, the need arises when detists change affiliation from one practice to another and the client wants to maintain history across all parent affiliations. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...

Changing coler of tracking cells
When I use "track changes" the changed cells are outlined in lavender which is really hard to see. Is there a way to change the highlight color to a darker one? ...

Stuck email in my out box (15 MB)...cannot delete becuase it is "already transmitting."
Help!!! How do I delete it...I cannot delete a 15MB email in my out box becuase it said it is "transmitting." It's been transmiting for three days! Check: File | Work Offline and in: View | Layout: Uncheck the Preview Pane. Can you delete it now? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "THP" <teresahparker@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:3EDD2EEF-6FFE-4FF7-982E-D20FB1D53B91@microsoft.com... > Help!!! How do I delete it...I cannot delete a 15MB email in my out > box becuase it said it is &quo...

Why only font size is changed?
i have try to change the font of the win32 common controls, such as tabbar, edit control. but, it seems that only the font size is changed. i tried to replace the default font of edit control and tabbar to "Tahoma" and "Verdana" with some sizes. but the results are both as i mentioned previously. -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +-----------------------------------------+ Frank, The psychic ablilities in this group is below par, I'm sad to say. It will be easier to give you an answer if you show so...

combo box
I have a series of command buttons number 1 to 12 that open a new form where I can select different attributes which then updates information on the original form (reason for this is the editing is password protected) one of them is a combo box which has a list from a table called “Cables” the list is 1 – 12 which when selected passes data back into the cables text box on the original form. if I select number 2 I want it to disappear from the list for that record ie 1, 3, 4, 5 etc so that I don’t have users select cable 2 more than once for that record. When I go to the next record I ...

Printing number value in white blocks
I'm having problems printing my charts, working in Office 2003 Professional. When I print the chart it prints the value data label in a white box. I can save my chart and print it from another computer and it doesn't do this.... ...

unhide multiple text boxes at a time after pressing a command button
I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button. Something like this: ___________ | ADD TASK | then a text box becomes visible ________________________ | | |________________________| and repeat up to six times So far all I have been able to do is to get one text box to show can any one help plz. Mike -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com mjquinon via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I want to be able to add a text box everything I press the Add Task button. > >Something like this: > > ______...

how do set up a drop-down dialog box that allows users to select .
how do I allow a user to select from a drop down select box, and return 1 value from a list of indefinite length that is on another sheet. You could use a Data Validation drop-down lsit. For instructions on creating DV drop-downs and dynamic list ranges see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html for the basics. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic for creating dynamic ranges. What the heck........browse through all her info on DV from first link above. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:16:01 -0800, vikingcowboy <vikingcow...

text box memo formatting
I have a form with a text box. In the text box I can type for instance “LGR”. When I hit the report button I get a message “Overflow”. I hit a couple times the button “OK” and eventually get my report with “LGR” bold and blue in the “Description” field. But the formatting is terrible. Any suggestions on how to format the text box for the memo so it’s grouped? Is this a regular text box or do you have some sort of coding and/or downloaded feature that you are using? "Ra" <Ra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A43FB2-16EB-41A6-BB67-299E4C578EDF@micr...

Why did my Excel insertion point change to a cross?
What is the significance of an insertion point shaped like a fat cross rather than an I-beam? How do I change it? Check your Status bar. When you're in "Edit" mode, the cursor is an "I" beam. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "TrishF" <TrishF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845F6227-35D6-4B0C-A65C-6B577597A2C2@microsoft.com... > ...

Cannot change Chart location?
I have prepared charts for Sales Trends, etc, BUT I can not locate these charts as an object on a worksheet? This option is ghosted out, the only permitted option is "As a new sheet". This is a new situation so what did I change to prevent the choice? I have used charts before in many situations and I cannot understand why on this one workbook I no longer can select the location. Any help is appreciated thanks. Strange. What version of Excel? Which SPs are installed? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

TweakUI Changes Not Applying?
I used to use TweakUI to hide a drive containing some personal information. All of a sudden the drive is now showing in Windows Explorer. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that didn't help. I also tried to hide it using the Registry Editor and adding a new DWORD "NoDrives" but that didn't work either. There was already one there, I assume from TweakUI so I deleted it and created a new one but the drive is still showing. What could have caused TweakUI to suddenly stop working? I had some weird issues with my BIOS, but shouldn't Twea...