Changing values in a value box

Hi all,
I have a data set that looks like this:

DATE    A$    B$    A%    B%
mar-14  50    100   33    66
mar-21  100   100   50    50
mar-28  75    25    75    25

I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value"
box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel
chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values
don't match the height of the % columns.

Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns?

Thanks.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Josh,

To chart only the percentages, select the Date column, and also the two %
columns (drag through them holding Ctrl).  I've read your statement about
the "value" box several times -- I can't guess what you mean.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

Off-topic:  There's a hilarious comedy act by Men in Coats at
http://www.koreus.com/files/200505/men-in-coats.html.  You gotta see this.
I had to share with all.

"joshsackett" <joshsackett@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a data set that looks like this:
>
> DATE    A$    B$    A%    B%
> mar-14  50    100   33    66
> mar-21  100   100   50    50
> mar-28  75    25    75    25
>
> I want to chart the percentages by each date, but I want the "value"
> box to display the dollars. The only way I can think to trick the Excel
> chart is create 2 x-axises and hide the $ axis, but then the $ values
> don't match the height of the % columns.
>
> Is there a way to link the $ values to the % columns?
>
> Thanks.

0
nothanks4548 (968)
6/22/2005 5:17:45 PM
By "value" box I mean: When you go into the chart options you can click
to display the value for each column. That value is then displayed
above the columns.

How do you change the rows to columns and columns to rows.
Ok, I am stumped on how to do this? I have a spreadsheed that has Dates in the A column and Data in the row. I want to make is so, the data is in the A column and Dates ru accross in the 1 column. How can I do this? Sound easy, but I am stumped??? :eek -- cc4digita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cc4digital's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39843 Highlight your data and copy it into the clipboard. Move to an open spot in the sprea...

Excel Drop Down Box
I'm trying to edit an excel worksheet that has drop down boxes. However, the drop down boxes are not typical forms. These drop dow boxes appear to be normal cells (They contain text). When I click o the box, a little gray box shows up w/ a down arrow to the right of th cell. However, if you right click on the cell, there aren't an property options that are displayed. I was wondering if anybody had any idea what kind of drop down box thi is. How can I edit or create one -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds like it's under Data|Validation. chris313 wr...

how to select multiple text boxes in excel for formatting
I am trying to select multiple text boxes for formatting the font but seem unable to select all of them other than to click on each one individually. Is there an easy way to select all of the text boxes at once? To select multiple objects on the sheet -- Click on one object Hold the Ctrl key, and click on additional objects To select all the objects on the sheet -- Choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Commands tab...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

OnChange event
Hi all, I want to let the end users change the color of the top and bottom dark blue (or navy) borders of the Account form using a drop down that lists the colors (red, yellow and blue) .So the OnChange event of the picklist should trigger the change of the top and bottom dark blue colors to which ever color is selected. However I dont know if this can be accomplished. I even dont know if a stylesheet is used for that purpose, which one refers to these areas of the form. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

assign numeric value to letters and sum with other numbers
I apologize if I am duplicating an earlier question, but I can't find the answer. How do I sum a row or column that has numbers and letters by giving the letters a numerical equivalent? -- WJG On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:19:01 -0800, Galadad <Galadad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I apologize if I am duplicating an earlier question, but I can't find the >answer. How do I sum a row or column that has numbers and letters by giving >the letters a numerical equivalent? Could you give an example of input and expected output. Lars-�ke Just guessing...

Unable to change password
Hi, We have some users in domain A, who now have exchange accounts in domain B. They will log on to domain A as usual, then when they open outlook it prompts them for a logon to domain B. Works fine. Problem is that we gave them all a standard PW for domain B so we could check their mail was working. We now want them to change their passwords for domain B, so we selected 'user must change PW at next logon' in the AD. Sure enough they are prompted to change password when they open outlook, but the password change is never accepted. Can anyone help? Andy Cox ...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Percent Change
I'm using the formula (A2-A1)/A1 to determine the % change between two cells. I have an instance where I need to subtract the value of two cells from the current cell before determining the % change. I've come up with several different ways to arrive at the actual changed value (e.g. A3-SUM(A1:A2) or SUM(A3-A2-A1) ) which return the correct value but when I try to arrive at the % change from the original amount by adding "/A1" to the formula I get an error. Am I way off? Tom, Could you post the end formula exactly as you typed it? It should work, based on what you'...

Converting Numerical values to Words
I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been able to work through all of my problems thus far except one. I started using check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form. When the box is checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the desired group. This stores the number in a table which I then reference many times in queries as well as reports. Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that anyone can read it without ...

sort data without changing pattern
I have a worksheet where every other row has a 'pattern' in it to help make it easier to read across the spreadsheet. The problem I'm running into is as I add new rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and then resort them into their correct place, the patterns go with the sort and now the patterns have to be redone again the get them back to every other row. Any suggestions? This will happen if your patterns are manually applied. It would be better to remove that manual shading and to apply background colours using conditional formatting, the condition being if th...

Outlook 2003
We're on Exchange 2003 and have started rolling out Outlook 2003 in place of Outlook 2000. In Outlook 2003 by default all folders come up grouped by day and with solid lines between the messages. Everyone hates these "features" and has made a point of telling me so. Yes, each individual folder can be changed back through the user interface but that's a non-solution for 100 users that have an average of 25 folders each plus the 50 or so public folders as well. Is there any way to change this default behavior in Outlook 2003 so that all folders come up without the solid lines...

Damn the accept/change downloaded transactions feature!!!
I recently upgraded from Money 2001 to Money 2004 and I HATE IT! My favorite feature of Money was the ability to download all my transactions electronically from my bank, and then decide how they would be categorized and entered into my account register. Now it's so much more complicated with this "Accept/Change" stuff!!! I realize this has been around since Money 2002, but I'm just experiencing this horror now. I HATE the way it just puts new transactions right into your register! And what the heck does "Accept" or "Change" mean anyway? Do they mean...

How to create a scrollable dialog box ?
Hi I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question still applies to desktop windows). I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in editbox's as they go. How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right hand side that works as a CScrollView would). In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar (in the resource editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some window messages that ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Allow Account Description changes in "Mass Modify" screen
In the "Mass Modify" screen of Account Maintenance "Cards", there should be a selection for Description changes. Some of our Accounts have 45-50 account combinations. If an account needs to be renamed, I have to go into each card to update. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Changing the Normal Style
How can I chnage the Normal style in Excel 2000 so that new worksheets begin with the cell formatting set to center vertically? Styles are stored with each workbook. So you could create a workbook that has the normal style you want. Then save this workbook as a template for all new workbooks. If that's what you want to do: Start a new workbook. Format|style|Modify (and modify it to your heart's content) Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook??? Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as ...

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

Changing Tab Focus
I have three tabs in a worksheet; Their names are Current, Current(2) and Data-Tables. Current(2) is an exact copy of Current. The Data-Tables sheet gets it's information from the Current tab. I use Current(2) to make changes and improvements. After a while I decide I want to use Current(2) in stead of Current. How do I get the Data-Tables sheet to recognize Current(2) instead of Current? I tried changing the names back and forth, but that doesn't work. If I delete the Current tab and then rename Current(2) to Current the Data-Tables sheet is full of Reference errors. Must be...

Can I change default workplace "All" filter to "Appointments"??
Hi all, We heavily use the Appointments section of the CRM Workplace, and have defined a number of important Appointment views (Today's Appointments, Tomorrow's Appointments, To Be Scheduled Appointments, Waiting for Callback), etc. (We heaviy customized Appointments to add a status value, and links to our custom entities. Very useful!) The views all work fine, except they don't show up in the main set of activity views. They DO show up when the Type = "Appointment", so using these views require the user to: a) Click on Workplace b) Change the Type from All to Appoin...

Getting rid of #VALUE!
Hi I'm using excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet for calculating Overtime A = Hourly Rate B = Single Time Hours C = Single Time Cost D = Time and a Half Hours E = Time and a Half Cost F = Double Time Hours G = Double Time Costs H = Total costs In columns C,E and G I have the following formulae C > =IF(B3="","",SUM(B3*A3)) E > =IF(D3="","",SUM(A3*D3)+(D3/2*A3)) G > =IF(F3="","",SUM(F3*2*A3)) which calculate the cost of overtime, but leave the cell blank if n hours are enterr...

Changing the color of Cell Selection?
I can barley see the cells I select. How do I change the color of cell selection so I can see what I am trying to highlight? Adjusting my computer contrast settings does not help. Hi, Have a look at Chip Pearson's Rowliner addin http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Mike "ks" wrote: > I can barley see the cells I select. How do I change the color of cell > selection so I can see what I am trying to highlight? Adjusting my computer > contrast settings does not help. This may be of some help. Copy and paste in the sheet module. Now wheneve...

name change of a form
Hi, I accidently named a form tblFormName instead of frmFormName. I want to change the name from tbl to frm to use the correct naming convention, so there isn't any confusion if the form is opened from the database window. I checked object dependencies and there are no objects that depend on the form, but there are objects on which the form depends. If I rename the form, will it cause any problems with other objects? (In laymen's terms: will it screw anything up if I change the form name?) Thanks. Can't possibly say. It depends on a lot of things. The Autocorrect feature ...