Changing username using the registry.

I'm trying to figure out how to change a users -username- for Exce
using the registry. I'm needing to change username's of people withou
disturbing them -like anyone wants to know this-
Any help will be greatly appreciated

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Using Outlook to access groupwise
I am trying to set up outlook to access email on a Novell Groupwise Webmail system. I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly, but I am getting the following errors: * Send test e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. * Long onto incoming mail server (POP3): The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. It seems to have found both the incoming and outgoing mail servers just fine. Wh...

Change Contact mapping for "Track in CRM" button
Many of my users have hundreds or thousands of contacts they want to add to CRM. Many go in without issue, but some names get hacked up in all kinds of strange ways. Example: Dr. Danielle Johnston MD has the salutation "Dr." and the last name of "Danielle Johnston MD", no title or suffix. However, Tim Murphy III, Esq. has the first name of "Esq.", Last name "III", middle name "Tim Murphy". The sales rep did finally find Dr. Johnson alphabetically in the Ds and the attorney in the I section but this is very frustrating for them and CRM is st...

Using an XLT file which prints unnecessary 2nd page
I am new to WindowsXP and Excel and struggling. When preparing a document from the .xlt file it prints 2 pages. When I do a Print Preview on the .xlt I can see a period on the left margin close to the bottom of the second page which is otherwise blank but when I actually go into the document I can't find it to erase it! On my XP machine it doesn't even show a second page in the print preview but it still prints the page with the period! My Windows ME machine does show the print preview second page but I still can't get to it to erase it. Your help would be greatly appreciate...

Change bk color of read-only CEdit
I am working on MFC using vs2k5. I place one edit control in SDI application and write "WM_CTLCOLOR" message to change edit control bk color and its working fine, but it doesn't work when read-only is set on it. Code for "WM_CTLCOLOR": HBRUSH CNewMsgView::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CResizingDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); // TODO: Change any attributes of the DC here switch( nCtlColor ) { case CTLCOLOR_EDIT: { if( pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID( ) == IDC_TEXTMSG ) { /*pDC->SetTextColor( RGB( 120, 0, 0 ) );*/...

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...

Could use some help after crash
My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have numerous back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy) that I've tried to install on my new computer and every one of them want's a password. One of my files did have a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still not working. I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had) and 2006 which the new computer has. Neither seems to work at all. I need this info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance for ANY help. Cheryl ...

Formatting Toolbar is grayed out and can't use
Hello all, I have XP, and Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer. When I write an email I am unable to use the formatting bar... bold, color, etc. The bar is visible but grayed out..... There must be a setting somewhere which is prohibiting its use... can anyone help? Thanks shrink2005 <rabdell@verizon.net> wrote: > I have XP, and Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer. When I write an > email I am unable to use the formatting bar... bold, color, etc. The > bar is visible but grayed out..... There must be a setting somewhere > which is prohibiting its use... can...

Changing Title Bar
Hello, I developed an ActiveX control. Within the ActiveX control I display a message box using AfxMessageBox(). However, the title of the message box is the partial ActiveX control name. How do I change the title bar of the message box? TIA, Jacques Use ::MessageBox(..) API instead of AfxMessageBox(). The other option is to override the DoMessageBox() member of your App class and change the title. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Jacques Cooper" <jcooper@jcsoftware.net> wrote in message news:OBfS5yDwDHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx....

Unable to use Text Box
Several toolbars are wholly or partially "greyed out" (inactive). For instance, Drawing toolbar allows me to use Fill Colour & Line Colour & Font Colour but NOT to use Text Box, Connectors, Auto Shapes and others. Odd thing is that I could use these earlier (an earlier version of same workbook saved previously under a different name has text boxes that I had created). What did I do inadvertently to cause this? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Stephen Powell Further to my first message I find also that some other functionality has become unavailable to me. F...

Display Date that does not change everyday.
I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date to change everyday. Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),"")) However, this formula gives today's date and changes each day. I don't want it to change. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > I want to display the date when money is received, and I do not want the date > to change everyday. > > Ex: =IF(K24="Yes",TODAY(),IF(K24="No",TODAY(),"")) > However, ...

In mixed bar and line chart. I cannot change one of my source da.
In mixed bar and line chart. I cannot change one of my source data from a bar to a line. Can you help? ...

SUMIFS using a text rage
I am still trying to make the conversion from 2003 to 2007. In particular I'm trying to understand the SUMIFS since they are more efficient than arrays. I bring accounting data in from a database. The accounts and department come in as TEXT values. I'm trying to sort on TEXT ranges without having to convert to VALUES. DEP 110 60010 60999 110 65000 65999 110 70000 74999 110 75000 79999 110 80000 80109 110 80110 81999 110 82000 89999 120 60000 60999 120 65000 65999 120 70000 74999 120 75000 79999 120 80000 80109 120...

+ OL 2003: Organize Using Colors Problem + #2
I use Outlook 2003 to retrieve mail from 3 different email accounts. I'm trying to assign a different color to each account so I can easily tell which account the mail is coming from. What I want is for the emails to be colored in this way: mail to jxd@yahoo.net = blue mail to john.doe@pmail.com = green mail to jd@earthlink.org = black I created rules to accomplish this. But, the problem is that if my name appears in the "To:" field instead of my email address, the mail is not colored correctly. That is, as long as the mail says "To: jxd@yahoo.com" it works, but if t...

changing an emelent into an attribute
i have a file like this (which im manipulating using vb.net) <CUSTOMERS> <PRIMARY>Y</PRIMARY> <SURNAME>BROWN</SURNAME> which i want to make like this <CUSTOMERS PRIMARY="Y"> <SURNAME>BROWN</SURNAME> i dont know whether to this is easy to do using xsl or whether this is a better way using DOM and Xpath or something. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks. XSL and DOM both work. Go with whatever you ( or your team ) feels more comfortable maintaining going forward. It;s hard to give a good recommendation on a tiny example. T...

Using cell data to referece another cell
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I don't really know what to call what I want to do, so the built-in Help function isn't really ... well, helpful. Okay. I have a list in column G (text). In column A I have a series of numbers. For the sake of argument, let's say A1 has "3", and G1 has "Red", G2 has "Orange", and G3 has "Yellow". I would like for *B1* to be able to read the value in A1, then copy the value from [Column G, Row (value of A1)]; so in this case B1 would read "Yellow". This would be even better if I can import the colum...

Using Word & Excel v.X to tabulate race results for community festival
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for each contestant.) Some contestants may drop out of a...

How do I change dd/mm/yy to dd-month-yy?
I use Excel 2003. I enter 10/12/08 in a cell wanting it to mean 10 December 2008. However, when I change its format to 14-Mar-01 United States Locale or to 14 March 2001 United Kingdom Locale it displays 12-Oct-08 and 12 October 2008 respectively. What do I have to do to change dates entered as dd/mm/yy to dd-month- yy? Regards, Jan Nordgreen Change your date settings in Windows, Control Panel -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "damezumari" <jannordgreen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9fa31ca4-e043-4b5c-9481-a7f90b341df0@v16g2000prc.googlegroups.com....

Action message needed on certain GL accts used in Payables trx's
We would like to have a pop-up action message within the payables module that is tied to certain GL accounts, i.e. if Acct # 123-456-78 is used, a box comes up and says "Send soft copy of this vendor invoice to the CFO" (or other important message). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

Forward an email and change the subject
Hi, What I am wanting to do is forward an email if it is from a certain person but I need to change the subject of the message. I also want to remove the part telling me the original message summary. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks Jon You mean automaticlly or by hand Also; what version of Outlook are you using and are you connected to an Exchange server? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jon" <jon@jonmalco.com> wrote in ...

SQL Upsizing: Invalid use of "getdate" within a function
I am in the process of upsizing a database with about 125 queries. Many of them have failed to upsize due to "Server Error 443: Invalid use of 'getdate' within a function." As far as I can tell, this is due to a criteria I have entered in a date field of the query as "Between Date () -30 And Date () + 30." During the upsizing process to SQL, the "wizard" apparently subsitutes "getdate" for "Date ()," but then can't finish the conversion. So I guess I need to modify the query. (The idea is to get all records with dates withi...

Cannot Change Excel 2002 Options
I'm attempting to change the Default File Location in Excel 2002 under Tools/Options. I can change the setting and it remains until I close Excel and re-open it. Once I've reopened Excel I find the Default File Location set back to what it was before the recent change. I've tested other settings under Tools\Options and they will not remain after restarting Excel either. At first I thought it might be something set by Group Policy, but it doesn't appear to be the case for two reasons: 1) Group Policy would not re-apply immediately, it takes at least 20 minutes to refresh ...

Can change locncode on historical transactions? #2
GP 8.0, SQL We imported sales history from another system into the site 'history'. We have two other sites: Livingston and Chester. We would like to change the locncode on the records in sop30200 and sop30300 (and any other tables that make sense), so that we can report on item sales history by location. Could we simply update the records in those tables to the correct locncode? Would this create problems? If yes, what precautions should we take and what other tables need to be updated? If no, what else could we do to accomplish the same result? Thanks, Jason P.S. In hindsigh...

which function is used when drag & drop to explorer, to create a legal filename ? #2
Hy to everybody ... and thx for your help. I have written a small tool to save my outlook E-mails to .msg files The filename of the .msg file is build on the SUBJECT of the mail But a lot of forbiden characters (for windows/DOS) could exist in this subject ! Then I need to replace them by ... for exemple '_' I'm using the <replace> command in VB but ... sometimes ... a bad characters continue to worry me. ;-)) When you drag & drop a mail from Outlook in the explorer, the "save" is done with a good filename based on the subject of the mail but WITHOU...

Action on record change from split form?
I have a split form -- custom form on top, datasheet on the bottom -- and want to do two things (alter the background color of the main form Detail, and make one of a set of images visible and the others not visible) depending on the contents of a specific field in the selected record. My formatting works fine as code executed when the field is changed from within the form, but I can't find a way to change the settings when a record is selected using the datasheet part of the split form. I thought there must be some event that would work as a trigger, but can't seem to fi...

Collor pallet changes unwanted after SAP export
In order to analyse data from SAP, I create an Excel export of the data, this is a standard SAP functionality. The excel file that it creates has a different color palette than the standard Excel pallet. This is not a problem. The problem is that when I open an Excel sheet that has been exported from SAP, it changes also the color palette of all open Excel workbooks, rendering some of them unreadable. Closing Excel and reopening solves the problem, until I reopen a SAP-exported Excel workbook... I tried changing the palette using Options - .. - Colors, but then I'd have to change c...