Changing Pivot Table Value Field Settings

Hi All,

I'm using the Visual Reports feature in MS Project that produces
reports based on Excel pivot tables connected to cubes produced by
Project.  I know that when using a cube as the data source I
(unfortunately) cannot use a calculated field, so I'm trying to change
the Value Field Setting instead, but the result is always the same, it
just produces #N/A.

In Project, I've selected to use the Assignment Usage cube.  In Excel
I have made the following selections:
Row Label = Resources
Column Labels = Values
Values = Baseline Work, Actual Work

What I'm trying to do is display Actual Work as the % Difference From
from Baseline Work.  However when I try this, or Difference From, % Of
it displays #N/A.  When I do % of Row, it shows 100%, even though it
isn't.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this just not possible?

Sample Row
Resource     Baseline Work     Actual Work
Adam                        415                  315

Thanks for any help, this is driving me a little crazy since it seems
like this would be a great use of the feature, if it worked! :-)
Eric
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

drop down arrows only show up when in the field
Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the drop down arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or click into that field? I'm trying to give my users an idea of which fields are drop down versus free text. Thanks for your help. No, not if you're using a protected form and dropdown formfields. If you change the template to display a userform (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm) and just insert the resulting values into the document, the dropdowns in the userform do always show the arrow by default (althoug...

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?
I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen You mean Checkboxes? You can use a helper cell: =if(a1=true,"Yes","No") Then hide that linkedcell (if you want). Gldenboy2 wrote: > > I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it > returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that > it returns Yes for checked and No for un...

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

How to change The height of the Split Window in a frame?
Hi: Every one, I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, Now i want to hide one of them, Or change the height of the window to 0, How to do,? Thanks Hi Jerry, Check SetRowInfo() and RecalcLayout() Normand "Jerry" <tghu@163.net> a �crit dans le message de news: eCW9GVIoEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > Every one, > I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, > Now i want to hide one of them, > Or change the height of the window to 0, > How to do,? > Thanks > > > ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Character limit in bcc field?
Hi all, we're currently trying to email all of the contacts in our database, around 4000 addresses. We do this by copying and pasting all of the addresses into the BCC field in Outlook. The problem we're having is that not all of the emails are copying into that field, there seems to be a limit on the field length. Does anyone know how to overcome this limit? Many thanks for any help, Gareth. Don't use Bcc. Instead, use a mail merge to send individual messages, = which will be more likely to make it through the recipients' spam = filter.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outloo...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

setting HasDataTable to true from C# VS2003
Hi there I am using Visual Studio 2003 C#, ASP, calling Excel, passing it data creating a chart (line) which it passes back as an image for my we app. ...but I need to display the DataTable below. In Excel I see i has a "Show Data Table" and from VB I can set HasDataTable, but from C how do I reference it??? I will appreciate any tips or direction! Thanx in advance!!! Many thanx Kind regards Ashley:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there ...after doing some research, I don't think this is possible. I am using the Office Web Components (OWC), a...

Customized display order for fields
I need to define formats (i.e. bold, underline) for reference table fields. For example, let’s say reference table A contains three fields: Field1, Field2, Field3 and two rows. Reference Table A ID _Num Field1 Field2 Field3 1 Single Double Triple 2 Single Double Quadruple Forms need to know that for row 1 Double will be in bold and Triple will be underlined. However, for row 2, only Quadruple need to display in bold on forms, reports, etc. In the example above, what if I wanted the first row to be displayed on a form as Triple, Single, Double and the second row to be...

Adding time values
Hi to all, I'm trying to add time values together, EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00 Is it possible to do this in Excel? Thanks in advance, John. Yes, just put the two times in separate cells, and add them =A1+A2 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1113600171.db49c715fe9c4e0642762c5471fb6105@teranews... > Hi to all, > > I'm trying to add time values together, > > EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of...

Track Changes Query
Hi I wonder if someone could help me please with a problem that's been baffling for a few weeks now. I am trying to create a query, which in turn feeds a report, that shows tracked changes. I have previously posted on this forum and got some great advice that's really helped me along but I'm really struggling with the query to extract the data. I am relatively new to Access in particular VBA but I am willing to learn. What I would like to do is to use a date parameter to extract those fields with an updated time stamp within a given time period, which in turn I can sho...

sum a field value in all querys
hello everyone How do i sum a value with another field (always the same one) in all my querys? Later, i would like to change that value to see the result in all querys. How do i do that? Please explain me best you can do cose i'm not an expert on access. Tks in advance Pedro Hi Pedro, What is the data type of the other field (always the same one)? The value you wish to sum it with - what data type is it? For example: if you had a query where one field was called rating and it was a long integer, if you wanted to add the value 4 to this you could create a calculated field in the que...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

Change size of name box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to change the size of the name box ? And how do you do it = ? Some of my range's names are to long to fit in the actual name box. Thanks in Advance, and may all of you have a healthy 2004 Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HT...

changed time and date and messed up appointments
Hi I recently went to UK from Australia, then to italy, I must have changed the time zones, and now my appointments are all over the place, Is there a way of getting them back to original times and dates. for the future is there a better way of handling time zones. i also use a pocket pc where i probably changed zones as well. thanks tim See the following MSKB article for a workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197480 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...

Unable to set property required to True
I imported a modified form to a customer's system. The field I added to the window has the Required property set to True. However, when I imported the form, I got the following message, "Unable to set property required to True". The customer does not own the Modifier - only the Customization Site License - so I change can't the field property on their system. Why did it not import correctly? ...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

simply setting fonts in OL07?
OL07: tools/options/Mail Format/Stationery and Fonts (described as "to change your default font and style"). If I set a font here for new messages, and save/close it, and start a new message with Control-N, shouldn't it use that setting? It doesn't seem to. Yes, I restarted OL. I did just set a theme, but it says "always use my fonts" so I assume that means that the theme is not the culprit. yes, it should use the font you defined for the message format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tas...

how do i set up a "send as attachment" shortcut in in a document
I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would enable the viewer to enter data, click on the button, and then have the document sent to an assigned email address as an attachment. Check out Ron's articles on working with worksheets/workbooks in email: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268022.aspx -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "SB47MASS" wrote: > I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would > enable the viewe...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

Payee change
Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my mortgage payee to another. This affected all my loan payments dating back 5+ years. This entry is generated by a auto bill viewable in bill summary. I fixed the future transaction by editing the bill but all the prior payments are wrong. Is there any way to change this as a batch instead of each transaction? This is very time consuming. Thanks... & Happy New year In microsoft.public.money, SCOTT wrote: >Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my >mortgage payee to...