changing money

HI EVERY BODY
I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR
*set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can
buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc .
you have 1� equals 9.2754 franch franc*

thanks a lot

--
firouz
firouz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35235

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

???
=1*9.2754

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> HI EVERY BODY
> I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR
> *set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can
> buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc .
> you have 1� equals 9.2754 franch franc*
>
> thanks a lot
>

> --
> firouz
> firouz's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35235
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550105

0
dguillett1 (2487)
6/8/2006 8:41:01 PM
The French franc is obsolete and no longer legal tender and the
physical currency continues to be removed from circulation as
commercial banks come across it. You could buy francs privately, in
which case there is no "exchange" rate, just a bid/ask. As a practical
solution you would need to first convert pounds into euros and then
apply the fixed euro/franc exchange rate.

I am therefore addressing your question hypothetically. You have
provided an exchange rate between the British pound and French francs.
Was this the rate on some particular date? Are you saying that you have
pounds and wish to buy francs?

In any event, you could a couple of =3DROUND() functions to solve your
problem.

Example:

Say you have 1,000 pounds, entered in A1. Your exchange rate is entered
in A2.

In A3, you'll need a formula that reads =3DROUND(A1*A2,0)

This will round to the nearest whole franc, because you specified to
round to 0 decimal places. Using your rate, you will come up with 9,275
francs.

Taking things one small step further, you can now find the actual cost
in pounds of 9,275 francs (since 1,000 pounds does not equal exactly
9,275 francs).

In A4, enter =3DROUND(A3/A2,2)

This converts your francs back into pounds and rounds out 2 decimal
places. You will find that 9,275 will cost you 999.96 pounds.

This is the simplest answer to your question and does not account for
any type of exchange or service fees, spreads between bid/ask rates,
denomination constraints when working with hard currency and coin, etc.

firouz wrote:
> HI EVERY BODY
> I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR
> *set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can
> buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc .
> you have 1=A3 equals 9.2754 franch franc*
>
> thanks a lot
>

> --
> firouz
> firouz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=3Dgetinfo&u=
serid=3D35235
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3D550=

wilcoxss (15)

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

series name change
How can I change the name of "series" ? I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Thanks Daniel On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I change the name of "series" ? > >I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. >I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Choose menu Chart.. Source Data.. Series, and there will be a box for series name. You can ...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Switch from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business-> Money 2003
I just purchased a new computer and Money 2003 is preinstalled. On my other computer, I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. When I loaded my backup in Money 2003, I received a message that since the previous version was for business, I would not be able to access my business accounts. Not a problem. The problem that I am having is that all of my balances are -$170,999,999 on every account and that a bugdet and cash flow are set up. I can't figure out how to make this right, and get the correct balances updated. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help. DH In ...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Money is Having PASSWORD Problems.
Several Money users have not been able to access they Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on a solution, They will post here when they have it! Thanks No WAY, really? >-----Original Message----- >Several Money users have not been able to access they >Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on >a solution, They will post here when they have it! > >Thanks >. > ...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

Money 2005 Calendar
Is there any way to pring out the bill calendar? Quicken allowed you to do this and it was one of the more awesome features in Quicken. ...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Change the mail Subject
When I choose to send my SOP Blank Invoice Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the Invoice number or customer name populating that field. Thank you Nancy, Out of the box, no. When you print a report to screen it loses all knowledge of what report it is (or where it came from). That's why when you then send to pdf the best the window can do is use the title of the output window as the s...

Upgrade From Money 2004 to 2005
I was running Money 2004 Deluxe with no problems and then converted to Money 2005. When I click on the Portfolio Manager icon, the screen that appears only has today's date, "Portfolio Manager", and "Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes" below the dark blue line that starts with "investing Home". Nothing else is on the page below the blue line...no investments, and no menu on the left. I could sure use some help on this one.... ...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Money 2008 #4
Is Money 2008 usable in the UK, and how can I obtain it? Yes it is usable but it cannot read a previous UK Money file. Also if you do go down the USA version route and MS decide to produce a UK version in the future then you would not be able to upgrade. Note that it is lined up with the US fiscal rules on capital depreciation/gains tax and various other annoyances - chief of which is the inability to spell cheque! The only way you can get M2008 USA is to download it from the MS site. Note you cannot have a CD version and you need to quote a USA address - 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Was...

32 character payee field limit in Money 2005
I know this issue has been addressed before but I am wondering if there has been any update. As others have expressed, I find the 32 character limit ridiculous, even if it does comply with OFX standards. When I download my statements from my various banks, they invariably stretch beyond 32 characters, such as: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON which should read: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON 12/16/2003 FROM KIRKLAND, WA or BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECK which should read: BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECKING 82065555 The disappointing part is that, in general, the important informa...

2006 Money Standard and 2001
i am usin g 2001 Money I have it backed up on disks...my computer died.. i have to buy the new microsoft money 2006... do i do anything special to install my old info from the disks? ty Provide M2001 and M2006 are both US or both UK you can restore the M2001 file. If the backups are on floppies I would move the slider to write protect the floppies then copy to the hard disk and restore from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.m...

Backing Up Money Files
Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, rather than floppy discs? All of them allow it in the sense that they don't prevent or preclude it. None of them allow it in the sense of enabling it by providing their own CD burning engine. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q51 for the FAQs treatment of this incredibly FAQ. "Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:083201c38627$333d0770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, > rather than floppy discs? A good strategy would be to back up to second hard disk,...