Changing frozen headers while scrolling

Hi,

I have a situation where I'd like to change the freeze pane headers
when a scroll hits a certain line.  For example:

FROZEN HEADER 1
data
data
data
data
FROZEN HEADER 2
data
data
data
data
FROZEN HEADER 3
data
data
data

The data line extend off the bottom of the screen, but as the user
scrolls down the page, I'd like to change the header at the top of the
sheet.  If I freeze "FROZEN HEADER 1" and the user scrolls down to the
data lines under "FROZEN HEADER 2", then the frozen header needs to
change to "FROZEN HEADER 2"

Is this possible with some setting or VBA?
Thanks,
addoty (2)
1/12/2008 4:48:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you could do it, how would you scroll back up with frozen panes?

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

"TheCornjerker" <addoty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a situation where I'd like to change the freeze pane headers
> when a scroll hits a certain line.  For example:
>
> FROZEN HEADER 1
> data
> data
> data
> data
> FROZEN HEADER 2
> data
> data
> data
> data
> FROZEN HEADER 3
> data
> data
> data
>
> The data line extend off the bottom of the screen, but as the user
> scrolls down the page, I'd like to change the header at the top of the
> sheet.  If I freeze "FROZEN HEADER 1" and the user scrolls down to the
> data lines under "FROZEN HEADER 2", then the frozen header needs to
> change to "FROZEN HEADER 2"
>
> Is this possible with some setting or VBA?
> Thanks,

sandymann2 (1054)
1/12/2008 7:23:45 PM
On Jan 12, 1:23=A0pm, "Sandy Mann" <sandyma...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> If you could do it, how would you scroll back up with frozen panes?
>
> --
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandyma...@mailinator.com
> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>
> "TheCornjerker" <add...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a situation where I'd like to change the freeze pane headers
> > when a scroll hits a certain line. =A0For example:
>
> > FROZEN HEADER 1
> > data
> > data
> > data
> > data
> > FROZEN HEADER 2
> > data
> > data
> > data
> > data
> > FROZEN HEADER 3
> > data
> > data
> > data
>
> > The data line extend off the bottom of the screen, but as the user
> > scrolls down the page, I'd like to change the header at the top of the
> > sheet. =A0If I freeze "FROZEN HEADER 1" and the user scrolls down to the=

> > data lines under "FROZEN HEADER 2", then the frozen header needs to
> > change to "FROZEN HEADER 2"
>
> > Is this possible with some setting or VBA?
> > Thanks,
> > C- Hide quoted text -

As you scoll backup, I need the reverse to happen.  When you hit the
data at bottom of the header 1 secton, the header 1 would re-appear at
the top.

After a little more research, this doesn't look like a trivia task.
There doesn't seem to be an OnScroll event in Excel.  There are some
hacks but nothing maintainable.

Oh well.
0
addoty (2)
1/12/2008 7:49:23 PM
Corn,

It could probably be done with an event-fired macro that, when the user wants to have frozen
header 2 in place, turns off freeze panes, scrolls the sheet upwards until header 2 is at
the top of the screen, then turns on freeze panes again.  One question would be how you want
it to be signaled to do this.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"TheCornjerker" <addoty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a situation where I'd like to change the freeze pane headers
> when a scroll hits a certain line.  For example:
>
> FROZEN HEADER 1
> data
> data
> data
> data
> FROZEN HEADER 2
> data
> data
> data
> data
> FROZEN HEADER 3
> data
> data
> data
>
> The data line extend off the bottom of the screen, but as the user
> scrolls down the page, I'd like to change the header at the top of the
> sheet.  If I freeze "FROZEN HEADER 1" and the user scrolls down to the
> data lines under "FROZEN HEADER 2", then the frozen header needs to
> change to "FROZEN HEADER 2"
>
> Is this possible with some setting or VBA?
> Thanks,

someone798 (944)

Change Status of Closed Batches
After several years of using RMS without QuickBooks Integration we have now got it working. However, all of the previous batches are still showing. Is there a SQL Statement that will change the Status of these batches to Posted, so they will no longer appear and clutter up the "Post Closed Batches" window? We have 4 lanes, using Version 1.2. Thank You David, What I did when I got integrated was to use Quickbooks file for accounting type and posted all the old batches that way. After your done posting you can change the accounting type back to Quickbooks 2003 and your good to...

change business portal domain
When changing the Business Portal Domain, users are requesting a more automated process to update Portal Users information in the following tables for example:- MbfUserWindowsIdentity MbfUser Many sites have 100's of BP users and it is not fesible to remove and re-add user information based on the quantity of users. Scripting or a Utility to achieve the change is a viable option and would save Partners & Customer an immense amount of work, time and frustration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

Changing the WHITE background color of Money
Hi, I've just installed "Money financial suite 14.0" on my WinXP Pro. Does anyone know how to change the WHITE background color to another color (gray for instance) ? White kills your eyes + the pixels of your screen. White as a background color also goes against basic ergonomics principles ! Thanks! Christian "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23OmHLJF2EHA.2708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've just installed "Money financial suite 14.0" on my WinXP Pro. > > Does anyone know how to change the WHITE ba...

Changing cell values through form
Hi... I'm not that good with access so I decided to look for help here. I have a table filled with drivers. Starting number, Driver name, and Number of laps are the columns. My Idea is to make a form that will list all the drivers, and add a value of +1 into the "Number of laps" cell to that driver when double clicked. That would be a sort of Lap counter form... Every suggestion is welcome. -- ::: www.ktvj-online.com - Motocros Portal ::: ::: www.forum.ktvj-online.com - Forum ::: ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Step change charts
Help, I am trying to create a bar charts by year but only want to show increases and decreases through the middle years as step changes i.e. 1999 100 2000 +10 2001 -30 2002 +40 2003 120 How can I do this? What I should see is the first vertical bar being 100 then from the 100 level an increase of 10 to get to 110 then a decrease bar of -30 (from the 110 level) to get to 80 etc etc. For a tutorial, see the Excel | Charts | Waterfall Chart page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Cus...

How can I change the Z-axes of my window or dialog? #2
Hello, All: I am now meetting a problem that the sub-window( or sub-dialog) would not be shown out in front of the parent window, however, I just wanna let it be shown in front of my parent window. Is there anybody who knows how I can set the Z-axes with any function? Thanks in advance! ...

Inventory Changes on Item Property Screen
Is there away to disable the changing of inventory numbers on the Item Propoerties screen. It is way to easy for my employees to make a careless error and inadvertantly change a number. Also, when I copy an item to create a new one, it takes the inventory # of the old item and moves it to the new one, and I need to remember to change it....Can this be disabled? Are you talking about the On Hand Quantity, or the Item Lookup Code? In either case, you can disable the fields using the Security features of RMS. The security features are based on the "Security Level" field in Cas...

How do I change margins from imperial to metric?
How do I change margins from imperial to metric? I'm using Excel 2002 sp2. Any help appreciated. Jojo This is a Windows OS setting, not an Excel setting. You would go to Windows Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Regional Options tab>Customize and set the "measurement system" to Metric. This option will affect all programs. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:29:10 -0700, "Jojo" <Jojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change margins from imperial to metric? >I'm using Excel 2002 sp2. Any help appreciated. ...

Changing position of OK and Cancel buttons on CPropertySheet
I found out how to eliminate the Apply button on the property sheet. I want to make the OK button be in the lower right corner and the Cancel button just to the left of it. By default the Cancel button is in the lower right corner and the OK button is just to the left of it. How do I make it the way I want it? Thanks, Ken SetWindowPos/MoveWindow joe On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:07:08 -0400, "Ken->" <handsom@comcast.netspicedham> wrote: >I found out how to eliminate the Apply button on the property sheet. I want >to make the OK button be in the lower right corner ...

Changing bar graph colours according to value
Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change according to value? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy nikki8327 wrote: > Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change > according to value? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

Need to format text in header, but value is generated using VBA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6360C.2372C770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found = out how to do that using this function: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader =3D _ Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value) =20 Next WS End Sub However, this leaves my text for ...

How do I change the $ currency symbol in a balance sheet template
Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' option is not open to me. The sheet must be protected. You will have to unprotect the sheet first from the Tools>Protection>unprotect sheet. If it asks for a password, then probably you are not meant to fiddle around with the format of the template! "Dave" wrote: > Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. > > I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' opt...

change toolbar depending on sign in and sign out
Hi I am creating a toolbar in ATL,COM and WTL.Now I want to add the feature of changing the toolbar depending on sign in and sign out.after sign in if the user is a registered one then he should see some buttons which are not present at the time when the user is not signed in.Means I want to add the feature which is already present in yahoo toolbar.But how to do it?How can I trap whether user is signed in or not? ...

error changing data type
I have a 500-MB access 2002 database with several numeric fields of type Double. I'm trying to convert the double fields to decimal fields. I get the following error when saving the table after applying the field change: Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough disk space or memory. I have 9 GB free on my hard drive, and I have 512 MB of RAM. What do I need to do to convert these fields? Thanks. I forgot to mention that I'm running Access 2002 sp2. Copy the table without carrying the data across, creating an empty table. Make the changes in...

New Word template always prompts to save changes
Word 2003/XP Pro I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do you want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?". Typing and saving a few of characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot. I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing AltNormal on: (1) a copy of Normal.dot, (2) a clean document from Norm...

How to avoid when linked source data is changed, chart turns blan.
When I created new charts in Excel 2003, each previous chart became blank. Therefor I saved the file unter a new name and copied the previous chart to the new file. This created ofcourse links to the other files. Now I want to change the source file, but when I do that the chart becomes blank as well. Anybody who had this problem before and found out how to solve it ? Rgds, Chris ...

IE7 won't change the opacity of <tbody>

Excel change case
If you want to change case in Microsoft Excel at a click of a button without inserting any formulas just try this add in http://exceltemplates.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsoft-excel-change-case.html Thanks a lot for the link, this is most probably one of the best I ever got to solve a lot of writing without formula. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate your kindness Mr. Cricket. Thanks again. "Mr.Cricket" wrote: > If you want to change case in Microsoft Excel at a click of a button > without inserting any formulas just try this add in > http://exceltemplates.blo...

chart type keeps changing
My chart is "embedded" in my worksheet. The worksheet has months across the top in one row and net income per share in a row below it for each corresponding month. The x-axis is pulling data for the month and year eg. Jan-04...Feb-06. The y-axis is pulling data from a different row for the net income for each month. The chart has been maintained since Jan-04. It is a standard clustered column w/ a 3-D visual effect. I am trying to enter data for March '06 in data source, series one. I am updating the series 1 with the new column address that represents the new month eg...

Can I change line numer or column name
I'd like to change my line numbers to specific salespeople and column names to specific months. Does anyone know if thats possible and how to do it? Thanks Dave, you can't change the ones in excel but you can put your own in row 1 and column A, then you can hide the row and column headers if you want, tools options, view, uncheck row and column headers -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dave Bonneville&q...

Issue: Changing the Exchange 2003 Service Account
Hi, I received the following error message when trying to set an Exchange Service Account for an Exchange 2003 server. I changed from a local account to an account that is a member of Schema Admins, Enterprise Admins, and Domain Admins. The error message is: "The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance logs and alerts service." In addition, the following Event ID's are found in the Application Log: - 1005 (unexpected error, the logon attemp...