changing date on sheet every time on save when only that particular sheet is changed (Excel 2000)

Hi all,

I would very much like a date on each of the sheets, which updates only
and every time that particular sheet is changed and the workbook is
saved.

I have found some usefull hints in this newsgroup regarding this,
however these apply to the workbook.

Besides, I am a total newbie on using macros in Excel :-(

If anybody could please offer any help / insight please?

Thank you all very much in advance

Ronald van Zantvoort
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Ronald,

You may be able to simplify the task by having the date on each sheet
updated whenever any change is made.  Then when it's saved, it's already
there.

Range("A3") = Now()
End Sub

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Ronald van Zantvoort" <The_LoekiSPAMBUSTLINE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I would very much like a date on each of the sheets, which updates only
> and every time that particular sheet is changed and the workbook is
> saved.
>
> I have found some usefull hints in this newsgroup regarding this,
> however these apply to the workbook.
>
> Besides, I am a total newbie on using macros in Excel :-(
>
> If anybody could please offer any help / insight please?
>
> Thank you all very much in advance
>
> Ronald van Zantvoort

0
nowhere8060 (363)
9/30/2003 4:52:27 PM
Works like a dream! Thanks!

Changing true and false
How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can enter WON or LOST? "Andrew Gill" wrote... >How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can >enter WON or LOST? If you mean is there sume way to use WON and LOST as tokens in formulas just like TRUE and FALSE, then define them as names, WON referring to =TRUE and LOST referring to =FALSE. If you mean something else, details would help, like a sample formula. Don't depend on others to be able to read your mind. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. I don't ...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel 97 #9

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Change position ID in HR

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

learning Excel #3

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...