Changing a text name within a cell based on file name

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to change a cell contents based on the file name.
For example I am using Excel file 2003 in my workbook sheet 1 in cell A2 it
is populated with a text field - company name "Zenith Manufacturer" and in
cell A3 has the company location text field "Tampa Florida" I have about 50
reports.  The file name on one report can be Sch88 (Zen) or Ex 1 (Zen), etc.
All of the 50 reports have  unique names, but has the same identifier within
the parentheses (Zen).  Here is my problem I have to duplicate the same 50
reports with a different company name. I would  manually change each of the
50 report in sheet 1 in cell A2 change the company name to "Diver
Manufacturer" and cell A3 will have "Simi, California" instead and save the
file name as Sch88 (Diver), Ex 1 (Diver), etc..  What I like to do is to
change the file name from Sch88 (Zen) to Sch88 (Diver) and have cell A2
change from "Zenith Manufacturer" to "Diver Manufacturer" and Cell A3 from
"Tampa Florida" to "Simi, California"  base on changing the parentheses
within the file name.  Is this possible?  Any tips or web site to visit will
be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Cheers

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"CAM" <alex_martinez@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>

> I wonder if it is possible to change a cell contents based on the file
> name. For example I am using Excel file 2003 in my workbook sheet 1 in
> cell A2 it is populated with a text field - company name "Zenith
> Manufacturer" and in cell A3 has the company location text field "Tampa
> Florida" I have about 50 reports.  The file name on one report can be
> Sch88 (Zen) or Ex 1 (Zen), etc. All of the 50 reports have  unique names,
> but has the same identifier within the parentheses (Zen).  Here is my
> problem I have to duplicate the same 50 reports with a different company
> name. I would  manually change each of the 50 report in sheet 1 in cell A2
> change the company name to "Diver Manufacturer" and cell A3 will have
> "Simi, California" instead and save the file name as Sch88 (Diver), Ex 1
> (Diver), etc..  What I like to do is to change the file name from Sch88
> (Zen) to Sch88 (Diver) and have cell A2 change from "Zenith Manufacturer"
> to "Diver Manufacturer" and Cell A3 from "Tampa Florida" to "Simi,
> California"  base on changing the parentheses within the file name.  Is
> this possible?  Any tips or web site to visit will be appreciated.  Thank
> you in advance.
>
> Cheers

see the reply from Shah Shailesh to my question "sheet tab" at 13:48 today.

Peter

0
p.andrews (27)

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

move cell contents

New Disk storage

MS Money 95 data files

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

multiple Domain name delivery problem

data input in text box

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

formula based on format

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

make subreport2 visible based on condition
Help, I am running Access 2003 and have trouble getting this work right. I have an unbound subreport that contains 3 additional subreports. I want only one of the 3 to be visible based on the value in a combo box on a selection form. I can't seem to get the reference right and have tried several variations. If Forms!frmWeeklyGLrpt!cboCC = 1 Then Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDA.Visible = True Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDB.Visible = False Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDC.Visible = False End If If Forms!frmWeeklyGL...

Addressing within Exchange 2003