Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel

I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses
to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex.
A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to
see when working in selected range.

I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to
choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the
selection color at all. Also tried to change the
Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced
option>Item areas, this also doesn't seem to change the selected range color.

Any suggestions.
--
Miroshak
0

Miroshak,

Unfortunately, that is a 'feature' of XL 2007 and cannot be changed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Miroshak" <Miroshak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses
> to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex.
> A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to
> see when working in selected range.
>
> I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to
> choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the
> selection color at all. Also tried to change the
> Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced
> option>Item areas, this also doesn't seem to change the selected range color.
>
> Any suggestions.
> --
> Miroshak

0
Bernie
11/26/2007 2:31:02 PM
On Nov 26, 9:31 am, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org>
wrote:
> Miroshak,
>
> Unfortunately, that is a 'feature' of XL 2007 and cannot be changed.
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "Miroshak" <Miros...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses
> > to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex.
> > A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to
> > see when working in selected range.
>
> > I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to
> > choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the
> > selection color at all. Also tried to change the
> > Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced
> > option>Item areas, this also doesn't seem to change the selected range color.
>
> > Any suggestions.
> > --
> > Miroshak- Hide quoted text -

I am having a similar problem as well.  This is a major headache
because it requires extra time to recheck and verify that the range I
selected is correct.  It's hard to believe we have come so far with
software and still make it totally inflexible for the user.  Is there
any plan to address this aspect on future updates?
0
dpbell (1)
11/29/2007 3:37:13 PM
> I am having a similar problem as well.  This is a major headache
> because it requires extra time to recheck and verify that the range I
> selected is correct.  It's hard to believe we have come so far with
> software and still make it totally inflexible for the user.  Is there
> any plan to address this aspect on future updates?

There are techniques to work around it, but their suitability depends on the design of your
workbook.  If you have a workbook without any formatting, you can use the selection change event to
format all the cells to have no color, then format the selection to have a specific color.  Beyond
that, you need to start copying formatting and storing it on a dummy sheet (which can be done using
the sheet activate event) - but if you want to change the format, you need to disable the events -
again, through code. So when you want to change formatting, you're stuck with the light coloration
of the activecell and current selection.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

0
Bernie

Excel button problem

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Colored Scroll bars
Hi, We would like to change background color of all scroll bar components in our ..Net application, but change should apply to all controls in our application. I mean not only ScrollBar controls explicitly used, but scroll bars in tree, listview, combo and third-party controls etc. We even have MFC control used through managed c++ wrapper with its own scroll bars. Is there some way to do it (subclassing windows, application-wide hook, etc) ? We can code it Win32 pure if it helps. Alexander Arlievsky. Scroll bars in list controls, tree controls, etc. are not "real" scroll bars, bu...

Excel 97 #9

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Using Relative path for XML data file?

using the journal on outlook

learning Excel #3

default values in a cell

Change position ID in HR

mouse highlighting webbrowser control
Hi, I'm using the webbrowser control. Mouse highligting isn't working (ie. pressing and holding the left mouse button, moving over the items/text to highlight and releasing). Is this something I have to implement manually or is there another reason why this isn't working? Thanks, Craig ...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?