Change Pivot Table Field List

I'm looking for an example of how to turn on/off certain fields in a
pivot table.
0
himmelrich (30)
1/14/2009 7:46:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What version of Excel do you have? I am using Excel 2007 and here's what I
do.

Right click anywhere in the pivot table and say "Show Field List". From
there I can check or uncheck fields I want or do not want to show.

If you right click the pivot table again you can hide that list.

"S Himmelrich" <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for an example of how to turn on/off certain fields in a
> pivot table.

0
shawn2884 (1)
1/14/2009 8:29:02 PM
I have four pivot views, D Rank, S Rank, B Rank and O Rank.  I know
how to add an items as illustrated below below, however removing it
errors when it's actually not there...how do I avoid this is my
question?

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 =3D "Data Completeness Rank"

' if the Pivot field is not showing I error out just below
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("S
Rank").Orientation _
        =3D xlHidden
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("B Rank"). _
        Orientation =3D xlHidden
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("O Rank"). _
        Orientation =3D xlHidden

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").AddDataField
ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _
        "PivotTable1").PivotFields("DC Rank"), "Sum of DC Rank", xlSum

On Jan 14, 3:29=A0pm, "shawn" <sh...@peppermint-bay.com> wrote:
> What version of Excel do you have? I am using Excel 2007 and here's what =
> do.
>
> Right click anywhere in the pivot table and say "Show Field List". From
> there I can check or uncheck fields I want or do not want to show.
>
> If you right click the pivot table again you can hide that list.
>
> "S Himmelrich" <himmelr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm looking for an example of how to turn on/off certain fields in a
> > pivot table.- Hide quoted text -

himmelrich (30)
1/14/2009 11:22:37 PM
You could add a line above that section:
   On Error Resume Next

After that section use another line such as:
  On Error GoTo errHandler
substituting the name of your error handler.

S Himmelrich wrote:
> I have four pivot views, D Rank, S Rank, B Rank and O Rank.  I know
> how to add an items as illustrated below below, however removing it
> errors when it's actually not there...how do I avoid this is my
> question?
>
> ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Data Completeness Rank"
>
> ' if the Pivot field is not showing I error out just below
>     ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("S
> Rank").Orientation _
>         = xlHidden
>     ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("B Rank"). _
>         Orientation = xlHidden
>     ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("O Rank"). _
>         Orientation = xlHidden
>

> ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").AddDataField
> ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _
>         "PivotTable1").PivotFields("DC Rank"), "Sum of DC Rank", xlSum
>

> On Jan 14, 3:29 pm, "shawn" <sh...@peppermint-bay.com> wrote:
>
>>What version of Excel do you have? I am using Excel 2007 and here's what I
>>do.
>>
>>Right click anywhere in the pivot table and say "Show Field List". From
>>there I can check or uncheck fields I want or do not want to show.
>>
>>If you right click the pivot table again you can hide that list.
>>
>>"S Himmelrich" <himmelr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I'm looking for an example of how to turn on/off certain fields in a
>>>pivot table.- Hide quoted text -

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
Blog: http://blog.contextures.com

0
dsd1 (5911)

Computer Checks Edit List Credit Memo
When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit Memo as well in the remittance section. Does anybody have a way of not having the Credit Memo print out on the Edit List? Thanks Kevin Kevin, To exclude credit memos from your check run, you will need to uncheck Credit Memos from the Automatically Apply Existing Unapplied section of the window before building your batch. Now, the question to you is, do you want credit memos not to show up on the edit list but still be considered for application? If so, then you will need to exclude using Report Writer by creatin...

how to add new row to table in Excel 2003?
Hi, I am designing a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 but trying to keep it backwards compatible with 2003. I have a table which a user will enter data in which I wanted to link to two buttons which will either add a row to the bottom (labelled insert row) or delete the selected row (labelled delete row). I have only got as far as inserting a row so far. The code: "Range("G35").Select Selection.ListObject.ListRows.Add AlwaysInsert:=False" works in 2007 but not 2003 and I cant seem to work out the equivilent code. When I tried recording the action of tabbin...

Changing Account Settings
How does one change settings for an account? Such as the credit limit in a credit card account. Some items, in the Account Settings, aren't able to be changed. Thanks, James Open the account register for the credit card Click change account settings Click change credit card details button next in the credit card details section. Art JamesJ wrote: > How does one change settings for an account? Such as the credit limit in a > credit card account. Some items, in the Account Settings, aren't able to be > changed. > > Thanks, > James > > In the cha...

Pivot tabel field name not valid in 2007, was in 2003
I have a workbook created in 2003. When I refresh pivot tables within in 2003, all is fine. When I open in 2007 and refresh, I get the "pivot table field name not valid" error. There are no problems with columns missing headers. I can solve it by changing the data source, but I've got thousands of pivot tables to update. ...

Automatically Change Font Size in Incoming E-mail?
Is there a way to change the font size automatically to a larger font for incoming e-mails? (have one that prints in tiny sized font every time...) You could choose the option to read all mail as plain text, and then specify the desired plain text font and size. As far as I know, this is the only way to have control over the appearance of text in Outlook (but one of the Outlook experts may prove me wrong on this one). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "T-rex915" <T-rex915@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DFD66...

Excel table to HTML - some columns too wide
Hi, I am trying to create a table for a webpage, and since I know almost nothing about webpage authoring, someone suggested that I create the table on Excel and then convert it to HTML. I know next to nothing about Excel either, but I was able to easily create the table on it nonetheless. The problem is, when I use the conversion option within Excel, the result is a table that has one or two columns in the middle about four times wider than the rest. They all should be 2.17 wide, with columns at each side about two times wider. I have monkeyed with everything, but all that happens is t...

Multiple Activities Change Status (CRM 3.0) #2
Hello I am trying to close (save as completed) multiple activities instead of one at a time. I tried creating a rule in the workflow manager but couldn?t make it work. Help would be greatly appriciated. p.s. I actually found this question in the forum but I can?t see the answer, instead of text it says "This is a multi-part message in MIME format....." Should I be able to see full thread?? http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/33501071/multiple-activities-chang.aspx Best Regards, Haraldur EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free SharePoint Form Creator/Gen...

Update pivot table report filter using cell value
Please point a VBA beginner in the right direction: I want the code below to update the pivot table based on the cell value in "C5" of a worksheet named "Dates". Can this be done by amending the last line of recorded code below? Windows("VDN Daily.xlsm").Activate ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Record Date].[Date].[Date]").ClearAllFilters ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Record Date].[Date].[Date]").CurrentPageName = _ "[Record Date].[Date].&[2010-02...

Help!
I am trying to automatically take the "badge number" fields on one table and automatically have them added to the "badge number" fields on another related table. I only want the new records entered in on the inital form to be added to the secondary table. I already have the old records added. Why? If you already have the values in one table, why are you trying to add them into another table? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "CarrierCunliffe" <CarrierCunliffe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795DE5D5-AFA6-4DDC-94CA-C6...

Outlook XP: how can I force Folder List view on startup?
Hello, Can anyone please tell me how I can force Outlook XP to display the folder list view on startup using a registry key or GPO? The instructions for Outlook 2003 at the WunderBar instructions in the link below don't appear to work: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011182481033.aspx Just completing a migration over the weekend and it'll be confusing for the users if they don't see all their folders straight off on Monday. Thanks, - Alan. You just upgraded your users to a long ago non-supported Office version? WOW! Having said that, what setting are you using r...

Can I add custom fields to the "Personal Options"?
What if we want to keep certain defaults per CRM usre... can we add customzied properties to this table? RFish, You can add/remove features and deny access to features per user Security Roles. Is that what you were looking to do? Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com http://www.jarrettexpertcrm.com No, but you can create your own personal options entity, and create a N:1 relationship to the user entity. You can then add whatever you want to this new entity. Dave Ireland "RFish" <rakefet@repliweb.com> wrote in message news:f34c82de-de22-42fb-b5d9-dfacf66f4363@g31g2000vbr...

Module for Pivoting a Tabular Spreadsheet for Database Import
I have a spreadsheet that is in effect the finished product of crosstab. The first column is date which would stay fixed and i contains records from rows A2:A367. Then we have coulmn headings fro Column B to Column CU which should in effect become field values. need to pivot this data to look like what is showing up below th asterisks. How can I do this? Date Animal Mortality{Connie Brierly Animal Mortality{Virgini Covington 1/1/2004 1/2/2004 83 77 etc ****************************************** What data needs to end up lik...

Queue not able to change privilege to Business Unit
Hi, I have created multiple queues that are owned by diffent Business Units and by different users within the appropriate Business Unit, like so: Queue A - BusinessUnitX, OwnerUserX Queue B - BusinessUnitY, OwnerUserY Queue C - BusinessUnitZ, OwnerUserZ When I log in as OwnerUserX I can see the Queue B and the email subject lines. When I attempt to open the email in the Queue I do not have the correct priovilege so I get an Access Denied error. This is expected behaviour. However, there are Chinese Walls between Business Units and therefore it is imperative that Users cannot see even the s...

Can't Change rights in Public Folders
Something has happened to some of my public folders. I am no longer the "owner", instead just a "Publishing Editor". I can't change it. I used the program Pvdavadmin which has worked in the past, but no luck this time. When I try to make changes to rights, I get: "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately. Undetermined entity type could not be inserted. Type: WellKnownGroup. SID: S-1-5-2"...

Pivot Table--How can I create from multiple sheets?
Dear Steven: Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I am curious now how to create a Pivot Table from multiple sheets. Whenever I try it fails or doesn't allow me to access the Pivot Table/Pivot Chart Report menu option. If you or anyone else has any insight on this, please let me know. Thanks. -- -=- penciline -=- "steven1001" wrote: > > If you organise your data as follows: > > Date source Account Value > 1/2/06 Cash News 2.50 > 1/2/06 Debit Food 21.50 > 1/2/06 Charge Clothes 52.50 > 1/2/06 Char...

Outlook "Display As" fields reset
Hi - can anyone provide a simple way to change the three �Display As� fields to a folder of Outlook 2007 contact items, so that the �Display As� fields are the same as the �Full Name� or �File As� field? I used my Windows Mobile phone to sync my Contacts folder between my home Outlook 2007 and office Outlook 2003, and all the Display As fields now only display the contact's email address. Thanks Glenn -- ThumperNut http://forums.slipstick.com Edit the Email Display As field to be what you think you want. -- Russ Valentine "ThumperNut" <ThumperNut.4...

Change password in OWA #7
I have an Exchange Server, and everything is ok, but we have a problem. Sometimes when I user want to change his password, he can do it in Active Directory, but he is not able to do that i OWA For all users or just some. Did you implement change password feature for OWA? Implementing the Change Password feature with Outlook Web Access http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 8, 3:07 pm, arielqs <arie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Exchange Server, and everything is ok, but we ha...

Pivot Table Data Field ... )2
Excel2003 ... Pivot Table Data Field ... )2 In my Data Field I am seeing a Field = Field Name )2 What does the " )2 " mean? I have the Field Name in my Data, but not ending in " )2 " Thanks ... Kha -- Kha ...

Pivot Table Formatting Question
I feel stupid asking this, but couldn't find the answer anywhere. When I initially started working with pivot tables, I was able to select all like items by placing my cursor to the extreme left of the row. This would allow me to change the formatting in all the total fields (for example) at once. I am no longer being able to select all like fields this way. Do any of you geniuses know how I might enable this feature again? Thanks in advance for your help. To enable selection: From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select Click on Enable Selection marmur1 wrote: > ...

Table Links
Is anyone well versed with the link properties for all tables within RMS. I would like to created a report that tells me payment amounts posted to transactions that were On Account. this is racking my brain! Well Chris, you have asked about whole entity relationship however for the below queries here are the tables and link Payment Table Link ------------------------ Payment.CustomerID= Customer.ID Payment.CashierID=Cashier.ID TenderEntry.PaymentID=Payment.ID (The mode of payment link) AccountsRecievableHistory.AccountRecievableID=AccountReceivable.ID (This tell you which receivable...

form
I have two related tables - Events and Contacts. I have created a form which populates both but the only records it will show are the most recent ones typed into the form itself - it does not pull in the existing information from the tables. I have checked the Properties and Data Entry is set to No and Allow Edit, etc are all Yes. (Interestingly, it also populates the form "Events List" - from the Access 2007 Events Template - which I would like to be able to use but which again will populate the Events table but won't update from it). What do I need to do to ge...

Change the background of Form in 4.0
Hi, I would like the change the background of all form through style sheet in CRM4.0. i.e When i open any contact records, i want to change the background of contact. I have two environment of CRM and want some difference between them. Thanks in advance -Mac Hi Jon, You can change CRM 4 form color using below JavaScript document.all.areaForm.style.backgroundColor = ' #FF9933'; document.all.tab0Tab.style.backgroundColor = 'cyan';//color to tab document.all.tab0.style.backgroundColor = '#FF9933';//color to tab background Hope this helps! Sam _______________...

Chart format change 2003
I have changed from Exel 97-03 to 2007. When I open up reports with graphs that I have created in the earlier version, they appear distorted and have slight changes to them. Is there anyway to keep the same format of the graphs or will I need to redesign all the graphs? I suspect you will need to adjust each chart. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/10/19/why-i-dont-like-excel-2007-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ProcessTeam" <ProcessTeam@discussions.m...

workflow to monitor custom status change and assign entity
I am trying to make a workflow so that on the change of status a service activity is assigned to another queue. The status is a custom attribute (picklist) called Billing Status with 'billed' and 'waiting for billing' as the options with the default null. I created a workflow and am able to make a manual one that does what I want. It checks for the Waiting for billing status and if it sees it it assigns it to the 'waiting for billing' queue. I have made a timed workflow for 1min on creation of a service activity to run the subprocess of the above. that works onl...

Problem with Calculated item in Pivot Table 01-26-10
I am using Calculated Item (Not a Calculated Field) in a Pivot table to calculate variance in Budget and Actual figures. Though this is working fine and I am getting the variance calculation properly. However the page filter is not showing proper results. Once I am using page fileter to see data for a particular geography, it keep on showing the claculated items for data which is not related to geography as per page filter. My file is available at the following link, I am not sure of the mistake I am making in this Pivot Table http://sites.google.com/a/yogeshguptaonline.com/reso...